Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
falconsfan14
Banned

Send a message via AIM to falconsfan14
Default Advice please.

Ok, so i swim, and some of you already know like ckj. But recently i have encountered a problem with the team and i need to know how to confront them about it.

K so here it is. I am the fastest person on my team, im not bragging, i just know this. And every morning at 6AM, we have practice. Well naturally they make me go first for everything, for 3 straight hours im first, and so i have to keep a pretty fast pace the whole practice. What they dont seem to understand is that i am human. Today i sat out one lap, just one, and now theyre pissed at me because they say im slacking. Even though they skip a set at a time.(a set would be like 20 laps or so) So now they are mad at me for what they do constantly. I dont really know how to confront them about this without being laughed at or them getting any angrier at me, advice please.
falconsfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
AasumDude
FFR Player

Default Re: Advice please.

Personally, I'd just tell them to piss off. Confront the coach and tell him/her your problem, and that you need them to know that you need breaks just like everyone else. Tell them that you can't always take the first pace when swimming, because it's tiring for you after a while (which is, really, enevitable).
Old 06-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
falconsfan14
Banned

My coach is real pissy about this too. She wants me to score even more points(even though ive lost only one race this year) so she just works me harder, and harder. I dont want to make anyone feel bad or anything, my team is like my family. I dont know what else to do =(
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
Cute_kelsey
FFR Player

Hey, ill talk to the coach. I know its hard for you, people are like that at my practices too. I would talk to the rest of your age group, but we dont have the same practice. You shoulda told me about this earlier

PS: i love the new site update, looks great.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
AasumDude
FFR Player

You shouldn't worry about what they think of you. Don't worry about sparing anyone's feelings, or making them feel bad. Keep in mind that these are the same people that unfairly got angry at you for taking due breaks. Have you actually tried talking to the coach about this?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
falconsfan14
Banned

Yea, she just doesnt listen. Because she "wants me to do better". Over working me in practice isnt going to solve anything. I try to tell her that, but, like i said she doesnt listen.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
AasumDude
FFR Player

If the coach won't listen, the team won't listen, then... quit the team. Let them suck without you.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Explain the fact that you have feelings too, in a mature matter, and that you were bothered and not pleased about how you've been treated lately. Don't take any crap. Be straight up.

If they're a real team, there should be no problem. If they laugh or get angry or don't listen, then they're not much of a 'family' and I suggest reevaluating why you are there.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 AM   #9
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

It really depends in this case. If you have the opportunity to switch to another team, and the behavior continues with your current team, do so. If not, you should talk to your coach about it. She's supposed to be the one keeping the team together, and if you talk to her you may be suprised about how she handles it.

Just remember that the best coach is one that coaches people the way they should be coached, not the one who treats everyone the same. She may want you to keep getting better because she sees a hell of a lot of potential in you, and she doesn't want to see it go to waste.

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Sucks man. Problem is, if your good at some sport or whatnot your always expected to do good. Always going to be pressure. I agree with Reach here.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
trillobyite
FFR Player

Explain exactly what you just explained in your first post. If they laugh at you, threaten to leave the team. That should knock them to their senses. If it doesn't, they'll be a sucky team and they'll come crying to your feet for you to return and then problem solved.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote