Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #21
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite
Default Re: The problem kid is back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickskater29
Ask her why she loves you...if you get one of those responses that are like...uhm...well...i dunno, then id consider ending the relationship
This is actually a very good thing to ask, since it's basically impossible to dodge and retain a good reaction. Though, from what it sounds like, she's trying to avoid talking about any problem that might be in the relationship, which is a problem within itself. I recommend saving time and breaking up, because from the sounds of it, only more problems can come from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
shades don't break unless you break them.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #22
Thassodar
FFR Player

Actually this is VERY similar to the problem I'm having with my own girlfriend, but I never posted it on the forums to get alot of peoples opinions. This is SO similar, in fact, that I've said a few of the same lines that HE said. I don't consider myself to be clingy, nor is it my first relationship, BUT I really don't want to lose this girl. Love sucks. I will suggest to the original poster of this topic to PM me if he wants more details on the issues I've been having with my girl because I refuse to be trashed by 12+ people for CARING.

I've gotten advice from many people irl, and they think I should dump my girl as well, but after 1 and a half years of being together thats kinda hard...

Old 04-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #23
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Finally...a few posts I don't have to argue with

NaOTa:
For a short time, things were changing for the better; everything in the relationship was starting to look up. Then things went into a slow decline, and eventually ended up back where they were originally.

And this is indeed my first relationship, but I can't say I've felt this strongly for anyone else. I want this one to go on, but if we can't even tell each other anything, I don't see the point.

I've also tried to do things she wants to do. Everytime we go out: What do you want to do? Where would you like to go to eat? What movie would you like to see? Is tonight good for you to do something, or would you rather wait for another night? Most of the time....I dunno, your decision. The one thing she takes most of the say in is what movie we see.

Thass:
I agree with you completely. I don't consider myself clingy....I don't want to lose this girl....it's hard for me to even consider ending this after about a year of being with her.

If this is even possible.....maybe my problem is I care too much.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #24
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

You asked for advice. You didn't ask people to baby you and tell you everything is going to be all right.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
Thassodar
FFR Player

He wasn't asking to be babied, he was trying to get a little help or some ADVICE on what he should do. Seriously. The advice given wasn't really given in a friendly manner either.

Nobody wants to be told "everything is going to be alright" because it gets you nowhere, but additionally nobody wants to be bashed for trying to get some help.

I wouldn't go out of my way to defend this guy if I didn't see his side.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #26
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR
Dump her
I agree.

Oh, don't ask for advice if you aren't going to consider using it, especially when the same advice comes from a whole bunch of different trustworthy people who are older than you.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #27
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid

We all said dump her in the last thread he made. He didn't take the advice. I said if he posted up another problem with the same girl, he was going to get **** about it.

We're just fulfilling our promise.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #28
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Thass, again, thank you.

I was never asking to be babied....I was asking for advice....advice given in a non-childish/non-bashing manner. I thought that became obvious within my first few posts.

And as for "don't ask for advice if you aren't going to consider using it;" I consider using all advice given to me....some pieces of advice it takes me less time to decide if I'll use it, some pieces of advice more time. As for most of the advice given in these FFR posts, because of the bashing I've received, I always come in here with the attitude of "I'm not likely gonna accept any advice they give me."

Congratulations on screwing yourselves into the ground....it apparently takes most of you a lot of effort to not bash others.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #29
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

J Von Schwartz: do you even want this relationship? I mean seriously...with the kind of IMs I've been getting from you

Answer lies within this line.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Old 04-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #30
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Say what?

Im kinda drifting away from this topic as Im finally getting FFXI reinstalled after many tries....bleh
Old 04-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #31
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hickle,

If you are most likely not going to accept advice from us and you come in here with that attitude, why should you ask at all? Look at my age, I have seen more relationship than you have your own underpants and I am telling you that you are being clingy.

Stick with the FFXI and forget about her completely for 2 weeks. Don't call her, don't IM here, don't show up outside her window. I want you to think about nothing except for FFXI. Can you do that?

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #32
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Haha.

Well, I'm sorry to hop on the bandwagon here, but I'm going to have to go with the dump her advice. I've been in this situation before, and it only gets worse and more frustrating, especially if there isn't any conversation going on to try and fix it. I'd try to take a less aggressive approach. If you aren't happy, leave. It's that simple.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #33
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah....I can do without talking to her for 2 weeks....it's just the small matter of prom is right after/at the end of those 2 weeks.

A word is not being said between us until I hear something from her...I made that perfectly clear last night between us
Old 04-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #34
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hickle,

Promise?

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 04-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #35
NaOTa4231
FFR Player

Masterhickle...Everything you've posted in this thread and the others were all negative things in your relationship. That's not the type of relationship I would like to be in. I would suggest that you two just separate, and see what happens. I'm sure it will be hard, but you'll get over it.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )
Old 04-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #36
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

tldr

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 04-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #37
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Synth:
The promise stays until I recieve some kind of contact from her....whether that will be days or weeks, I don't know. I guess your best bet is to hope she doesn't try and contact me for 2 weeks =P

NaOTa:
I know I've posted a lot about negative points in our relationship....I won't deny that there are good things...but, lol, nothing good enough to post on FFR has happened =P
Old 04-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #38
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickskater29
oh and Jello...nice flame ****tard, im glad ur sig accuratly describes urself, except for kicking my ass at any game

I made it lawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #39
bill_clinton
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Let me see a pic of her and I will tell you what to do.....
Old 04-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #40
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well, this is mostly for Synth...

I just got a text message from her cell, and here's exactly what it says:
I just wanted to say im not mad anymore and i hope you arent either so i hope we can talk later on tonight

Meh, I dunno...now with teh FFXI back, it'll be rather easy to "forget" to run my windower and run the game full-screen....XD

What does the FFR community think?

Edit: I'll be editing/posting as often as she says something...

I sent a reply back saying "maybe tonight not sure." Within a minute, I get a text back saying "Well dont count on it now i was trying to be nice your rude."

Meh...I honestly don't believe she was trying to be nice....I think it's more of "I don't like not talking to you"

And it was her that wanted this...it may or may not be in the argument parts I posted

Edit 2: lol, look out! pulling the immature card on me...
"Well im trying to be nice like last time you wanted me to get on aol and i did"
"at least im not being immature"

I never said I wanted her to get on AOL....the immature thing I doubt....FFR community?

Edit 3: God damn parents...
Im now roped into going to get my prom tux w/ her tomorrow....f'cking parents....Id rather go do that with my dad

Last edited by masterhickle; 04-13-2006 at 06:29 PM..
Closed Thread