Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #21
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: DS vs PSP... Got to End.

Everywhere I post, it's the same thing. MapleStory: "What mage is the best?" Here's the answer.

CHOOSE THE ONE YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THE MOST FUN FOR YOUR TASTES.

And that is all I will say about THAT.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #22
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

lol

You guys kept surprisingly calm, though. :O

PS: I hate the touchscreen thing. I haven't had much of a chance to play either. All the Best Buys/Wal-Marts have WarioWare Touched (WHICH I FUCKING HATE AND WANT TO RIP OUT OF THE DS AND THROW AGAINST THE WALL! And I liked the old WarioWare, too...) and I've only played some racing game on PSP (and I hate racing games...). However, of the two, I hated the need to use the touchscreen the most, because it didn't respond well at all to finger touching, but I couldn't use the stylus (and wouldn't want to, anyway) since it was at the store. *shrug* I don't need a portable system anyway.

PPS: Have you ever seen a Game.com? Thinking back, it's kinda like a cross between PSP and DS, but really old. It is wide and has lots of buttons and features you don't need like a PSP, but it used cartridges and had a touchscreen like the DS. Weird... o_O

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #23
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Sony requires add-ons for your network while Nintendo made a deal with McDonalds to have wireless access points in all of their restraunts. They both support worldwide gaming
What add-ons are you talking about?

McDonalds is such a great hangout spot. No really. I'm not being sarcastic at all. I love to have kids screaming in my damn ear. I love how everything is f*cking greasy. I love how disgusting their food is. It's a great environment for gaming. What a great deal that is!

Your argument lacks crediblity thanks to the lack of proof you have to back up anything you have stated other than the obvious: the DS has better batterylife. Two-to-three hours on one charge? Hahah, not quite. More like 4-5 on a full charge. I will admit it, I have a bias towards the PSP since I own one. I have never run into a problem with the batterylife since I am not one who spends 4 hours a day playing a handheld device.

Averaging 18 dead pixels? Never head that one before. My PSP does have two or three dead pixels, but it is hardly noticable.

Although, I do have to say, I dont play my PSP as often as I would like thanks to a lack in titles that interest me. LUMINES was awesome. Great, great game, but it gets boring after a while as any game would. However, I dont feel I would have been better off buying DS, the DS's line up isnt very impressive either.

So that's why Moogy wins. They both suck as it is.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #24
blitzmage
Banned

Send a message via AIM to blitzmage Send a message via MSN to blitzmage

I must say I like the DS most. It had a rocky start but lately there have been some top quality games using the touch screen to it's best. I have had alot of fun with these. I rarely put my DS down.

My PSP was fun at the beggining and I used to play it alot while my DS sat with dust. Now my PSP has been sitting in the dust as alot of the PSP games seem unintresting and cookie cutter to me right now. My PSP is effectivly an emulation handheld right now and even being able to play old games hasn't pulled me away from the DS.

Who cares about processors, powers and graphics. Gameplay and fun factor is the most important thing. I really can not see why you guys are talking about processor power and specs. The games are what count.

Alot of you fail for noting specs instead of fun games you can play on them.
blitzmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:35 AM   #25
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Come to think of it Jewpin, can you find me an arguement that Moogy lost? Seriously.

Um, I don't like the PSP.
The DS is cool because Yoshis Touch and Go is cool. But technology wise, They both suck.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #26
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

this thread is lol

Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #27
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I used to be quite the PSP hater myself, but I've calmed down from that. I still think the DS is better (for me) simply because it has the ability to do so many things the PSP can't in terms of gameplay. If you want superb graphics, you might as well go play on a console. A handheld system is supposed to be for games. Want music? Bring an iPod. Want movies? Bring a portable DVD player. Also, Nintendo has some excellent, very unique games coming out for it. For example: you couldn't play Trauma Center on a PSP. Remember, this is all my opinion on why I prefer the DS. It shouldn't and doesn't apply to everybody. Everyone wants something different.

Still, I know I will eventually buy a PSP, but not until the groundbreaking game that I absolutely must have comes out for it, just like KH made me buy a PS2.

And really, the fighting does have to stop. It's all preference.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:13 PM   #28
Mychilli
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Mychilli

I own both, DS has better games, sorry to tell you. Ya, the graphics are worse, but yea...

psp is good, because of its whole movie/ graphic thing ( and web browser 0.o ), but the games kinda suck though. I own 3x more DS games than psp, but i do have about 5 psp movies (i.e hitchikers ^_^)