Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #41
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default RE: TWG XXII Hosting

Okay, I really like chardish's and Tps's ideas, but I'd like to see them in the next couple of TWGs.

Whorlichan.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #42
User6773

Hey guys, not like I'm trying to play scare tactics or anything, but...

TWGs usually last 2-3 weeks. In 2-3 weeks I'm going to Paris, then possibly to Germany, then it's Final Exam stress time. After that I'm going on a week-long trip to Italy, then coming home. Meaning I'm just plain not going to be able to sign up to host 23, and I might not even end up playing it. Same goes with 24. Too much stuff going on.

If I don't get to host now, I'm not going to host until January.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #43
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

See, if I am elected host, not only do you get boatloads of fun special roles on each team, new strategies, you also get no player/host interference nor worrying about it. Elect TPS, the safe choice.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #44
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda
Default Re: RE: TWG XXII Hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Hey guys, not like I'm trying to play scare tactics or anything, but...

TWGs usually last 2-3 weeks. In 2-3 weeks I'm going to Paris, then possibly to Germany, then it's Final Exam stress time. After that I'm going on a week-long trip to Italy, then coming home. Meaning I'm just plain not going to be able to sign up to host 23, and I might not even end up playing it. Same goes with 24. Too much stuff going on.

If I don't get to host now, I'm not going to host until January.
A lot of us are going to have finals and whatnot. We can take a TWG Winter vacation.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #45
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII Hosting

SEE YOU IN JANUARY CHARDISH <3 <3
Old 10-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #46
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII Hosting

its 7-4... is that good enough? Set signups for tomorrow night.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #47
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Whorli didn't bribe me.

Q
Old 10-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #48
User6773

I'm not bribing, it's the honest truth. I simply can't run this game any time but this one.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #49
User6773

So basically Tass decided to miscount the votes (it's 7-5 not 7-4), lock the thread and declare Whorli the winner after 6 hours of voting.

I don't want to sound like a sore loser here (because I have no intention of losing), but Whorli and I both agreed that 6 hours is DEFINITELY not enough time, and Tass kind of did this all on his own. Host voting should be about 24 hours.

I talked it over with Whorli and since we're the only ones who have a decent shot at this, we agreed to reopen the thread. Thanks for cooperating Whorli : )

Old 10-18-2005, 04:39 PM   #50
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Ok... repost in here since this is where it should be.

I just wanted to refute a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qreepy
How many players and reds in Afro's game? It has to be reasonably balanced, because having no blues at all is quite the advantage for the wolves. If the wolves play it right, not a one of them will die.
That would be answered in the part where I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
Amount of people in the game and amount of wolves to be determined if I actually win. And by determined I mean talked over with TWC until we come to an agreement.
Everything would most definitely be fair.

Quote:
I'd imagine you should just be ignoring Afro's campaign. He isn't running because he wants to, he is running out of anger and from hostility. Which is why he has no gameplan, no structure, and no blues... which is Manhunt to a new level. There is practically no way to form an alliance, which is the only way humans win games. No alliance, no human victory. Its that simple. Wolves would run with Afro's game hands down.
First of all, no. I did not run simply out of anger and hostility. They were the thing that sparked me, but I definitely wanted to host.

Second, there was a quite specific game plan. It was, however a simple idea. No blues. I had it all planned out, and it would definitely work. The only thing I didn't have decided was how many people would play (probably would have been standard) and how many wolves would there be (probably 2). I did however assure that it would be disscussed with TWC and that it would be fair.

Third, alliances are not needed for human victory. All that is needed is people being active and voting for those who they believe are wolves. There have been numerous games where wolves have been lynched without an alliance leading the lynch of that wolf. Everyone has simply gotten so used to using an alliance as a crutch that they feel they can't win without one. I assure you, that it is most definitely possible.

If you don't trust me about humans winning without an alliance, take a look at Mafia. There is almost no way there can be an alliance in that game, yet the greens still win at that. It is totally possible, it's just that the greens would have to actually work toward the goal of lynching wolves rather than sitting back waiting for the vigi, the seer, or a saved person to decide who to lynch.

This idea was designed to test your skills of this game. You all have gotten too reliant on your precious alliance to win the game for you. I do intend to run for the next game. There better be more than a friendly pity vote from eb next time, too.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 PM   #51
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I still don't like the MW.

Is my game really that hard to understand? IM me with any questions regarding it.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #52
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

wholi
Haven't played in a while, but I can't wait to do it again.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #53
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

so if I were a wolf I would want whorli's game but if I were a human I'd want chardish's game.

since I haven't been a wolf in a while and I really want to see if I can pull it off now that I have this enormous reputation for being helpful... whorli

edit: chardish I might consider changing my vote if you update the FFR art thing... I want to see if ap's talents will pull him through or not. plus it's been like, over a week.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:32 PM   #54
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Talisman--I hope you're not asking to be made a wolf to keep me as your vote. All roles are gonna be completely random.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 10-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #55
Tps222
FFR Player

Except Tass, which will be a role surrounded by n00bs.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #56
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

No, Tps, he's not getting a guaranteed role either. No matter how much he whines.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 10-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #57
Tps222
FFR Player

You can't combine your game with Talisman's idea and "randomly" make him Night 1's bait :P
Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #58
User6773

Talis:

FFArt updated

Old 10-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #59
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Actually Chardish, it was 9-5 when I ended it.... and since you reopened it, its now 11-5. Still not good enough?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #60
User6773

Tass, this isn't something you should have to get my permission on. Fish should have set a time and that's when signups close, not when you feel good and ready to declare your girlfriend winner.

I'm not bitter at Whorli because she's been nothing but nice but you've been fairly irritating about this.

I've played this whole thing terribly politically because I failed to convince people that it's not about who's had opportunities to host, but it's about the game that's being played. People should vote for the game rather than the person.

Closed Thread