Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #2481
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
has anyone other than me put chief higher than null in their reads? or has anyone outright defended him?
I put Chief on my "revise" list yesterday. Most of my read from D0 is because I thought they were a particular player, but upon a reread during the night, I'm pretty sure I was dead-wrong on the identity read, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
That's a very interesting question. I contemplated possibility of Molly lynch being a miss. Made a slight stab at the thought when I made my large-post:

And I still think that with 4 wolves, there could be at least 1 wolf that's putting in effort and actually posting & keeping up with the game. And that in itself contrasts with what majority of players have down in their reads, with most reads wolf leaning or straight wolf reading people who either aren't posting a ton, posting but not contributing, or are majorly inactive.

With all of that taken into consideration though, I still think a Molly or Mathilda lynch pushes town in a positive direction for the game as a whole, as it removes possibility of wolves hunkering down with inactivity, and keeps active players that will attempt solving the game, in the fray.
Quote:
that's kind of where i'm at too. if molly turns out to be a miss then i'd want to look at those who townread or nullread her early on but then hopped on the bandwagon once she started getting heat. don't think she'll be a miss, though. the lack of opposition makes me think she's the godfather, or possibly the bulletproof VW. wolfteam would try to defend their roleblocker, i think.

but then there's also the possibility that the lack of opposition comes from the wolf team being mostly inactives
Yes, this is where I'm at right now. I pointed out to Cherry that it would be too easy for the three at the bottom (Molly, Chief, Mathilda) to all be on a team together. Once I'm done with this post, I think I'm gonna focus on seeing possible connections between active players (the if x flips as wolf, then y is ___ stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
My reads so far into this game, based on memory. Since no one asked.

01) Agent S- Sidekick at least follows with thread. Doesn't add /much/ but adds. null.

02) Apollo- Wolf number 1 or 2, because let's be real. It's obvious. Wastes time, doesn't put effort, asks questions that look like he's adding to solving, but it's not.

03) Boomer- Vigi, doing what he can. Constantly shoot away my brother

04) Cherry-what what, in the butt. Punctual, detective like, aware. Town

05) Chief- He may be chief, but he ain't master OOOOHHHHH BURN Anyways, not a lot of people like him, and it kind of fits to just get rid of him. Null for me, but idc if he lives or dies honestly.

08) Chrissy- Gives off air headedness. Idk if thats a roleplay thing, or they just are that way. I get a gut feeling there's sincere playing coming from this slot. Town

09) Fauna- Living on a quote is your theme song. Very much centered on quoting and reacting off of people. I don't like it. wolf lean

10) Flurry- doing ISO's. asking questions, doing the twglords work. Town.

11) Julian- The other wolf 1 or 2. Adds nonsense constantly. A lot of fluff, and not a lot of not fluff. Very reacty like, doesn't push in a good way. Caused 2 pr's to come out. Very diligent on topics that don't matter.

12) Maple- Hi, yes. I am the key to win this game for town. UwU

13) Mathilda- Nothing really. Comes and goes, doesn't do much. Added a bit a times, but it wasn't anything we haven't discussed. hot take:town.

14) Eugene- I'm very touchy on you. I like that you are actually trying to make sense of things, and are CREATING content, unlike some people, but I worry you are a veteran wolf. Do I think you're a wolf, maybe. Town? Perhaps. Either way, no where near my chopping block, because if it comes down to it, you'll crack eventually if you're wolf.

15) Molly- Can just go. Maybe too busy to play? Nothing here. Null

16) Phil- Not too much of a fan, but he's pushing is own accord which I do myself. so based on judging them by judging me. Town.

17) Punchy- Gives me very cocky vibes. Done a lot of work. Proceeds to keep it that way when they can. Town

18) Rolf- Has been very lost at times, I think they are trying to play the game, but don't have the time, and they throw what they can at us. Town lean

19) Tank- Whenever tank comes down to earth again, let him know he's null.
I'll take the selfish route and look at the read on me first, but where've you got the cocky vibes from, mrmpht? Is it because I season with red pepper flakes?
Of the three on the bottom, Maple gives null reads to two of them without inputting much on them aside from "can go idc" and slaps a hot take on Mathilda saying they're town for popping in and discussing new topics? I don't see how that's any different from the Apollo read or Agent S read, for example, mrmpht. Feels bad to me like others have pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
-I started entertaining the idea of a Eugene wolf and the reads from flurry and del regarding eugene did somewhat resonate with me. I will definitely say, Eugene is definitely putting in solid effort into the game. However I feel like most games tend to have at least 1 active high-postcount wolf that tends to be near-univerally townread early game so I try not to forget that such wolves can exist. In particular, the posting style seems very towny at first glance: post after post and many interactions. A wolf that's confident in their ability to interact with others can rack up a high post count and have a large "presence" in the thread, so easy townie points. However, as Del brings up, "Eugene is relying a lot off of quoting and then just reacting to a quote, instead of giving raw, genuine thoughts on people/situations". Although one could explain things away by appealing to posting styles, I think that Del might be on to something.
I've never really like the approach of
1. Bring up generalization (1 active wolf)
2. Apply generation to player (Eugene)
as a way of reading, mrmpht. This does go away from what I initially called in my other post of you not wanting to focus on other people, as you center it around Eugene, of all people, but you're just sheeping off of Del. Not necessarily a bad thing, but this is a pretty safe move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
PLEASE TELL THE WORLD WHERE I'M A WOLF MOLLY. I WILL CLASH WITH YOU ALL PHASE LONG ON THIS
It's not impossible that you've done something wolfy, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I'm EXTREMELY aggravated with how Molly has been playing and I think it's absolutely unacceptable in a game like this where we're all looking for answers for questions we have

I might have gone a little over the edge and I apologize for that. I'm just in a state of extreme annoyance and you might be right... I should step away and calm down
Not everyone has nearly as much time as you, myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
just to have a modicum of spice
chrissy
no one's really talking about them, and I think their lack of prodding/solving has been wolfy
Hey, come on, I have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I found Apollo interesting in this list because he seems to be the person with the most even amounts of town, null and scum reads. Is this someone throwing themselves around enough to not be a focal point? I think Apollo is someone that should be figured out in the near future as well.
I'm not sure what this means. Clarify for me, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
L m a o
What's funny about it? Tell me!!

Quote:
dammit isabelle, i warned you not to take that trip to innsmouth!!!
Julian, you're great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
punchy are you getting the munchies

is that why you're so hungry all the time

do you need help
No, no, I'm fine. I just like food, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
punchy still continuing the roleplay is.. slightly annoying at this point? but i like their early game too much to hate it.

I'm still making reads and contributions. It's not a significant RP. You can easily read past the flavour, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
I stand by my play this game, and if you’d like to start throwing the game, you are welcome to I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Justify not trying to save the cop to me, come on, do your best. Justify it where I am not a hypocrite for trying to push a player who wasn’t a main wagon. I might be antagonistic, but I am not stupid enough to allow you to try and force me into that.
Yeah, but the first day phase of the game isn't your "play." That's just one phase. You gotta do more than that.
I was willing to give Chief a bit of a chance, but it's clear that this slot isn't going to do much for investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
hey a girl can dream right? we're approaching wifom territory but given that she's fairly inactive and the pressure is on i could see her easily outing her whole team, especially if she thinks chief is first to go and he ends up being town what what

if she lives through mathilda/chief dying then she can easily point to that as reason enough that she's not a wolf. it's not a particularly good theory, i'll grant you, but it's enough to make me ponder it for a while
I'd say keep dreaming. Occam's butter knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
You guys end up wanting to lynch me for activity or to help with other reads based on interactions as it comes to Apollo's thoughts, that's fine and it'd be on me for playing as I have been. If not then I'll be doing a bigger read through of the game on my day off tomorrow, as as of right now I don't really have the ability to do that before the end of this phase.
If you were under pressure, I'd hate this post. I'm always torn on how to interpret posts that are like "sure, lynching me is fine w/e I understand," mrmpht. Someone else want to help me with this?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #2482
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
what?
think you're confusing me w someone else, sis

also i think your point on chrissy is decent
idg why town asks about the most suspect people in that way
Post 2176
Not gonna point out the specific line, but it's in there.
Also, at that point in my reading, Chrissy wasn't get that much attention. Phil came in and gave it a little push.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #2483
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Agreed, I'm finding it way harder to read into and keep track of things in this game.
Agreed, I feel like I need a galaxy brain to keep track of 20 people and all the interactions between them but I have a bird brain instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
anxiety and paranoia at what? ;thinking:
i find i'm more of both of those if i'm a wolf rather than a town. as town, it's easier because your info is minimal and you just have to work at solving it.
as a wolf, you get more anxious by trying to appear a certain way; pretending you don't have certain info that you shouldn't. those reasons i can see someone being paranoid and anxious

not as a town
I mentioned it earlier, but I have trouble being confident in my own thoughts and turning them into reads. I feel like I tend to be wolf read early on in games (regardless of alignment) so I tend to be overly concerned with my own posts which seems to create an unfortunate self-fulfilling prophecy.

I also feel like the stakes are much higher when I post in situations such as these since I'm currently being wolfread and haven't been posting much before, so I know that my words will be more heavily scrutinized; I'm worried I'll say the "wrong" thing and accidentally dig myself deeper into the hole I'm in.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #2484
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I feel like anything I say is likely stuff that's already been brought up so I'm going to just go back through this phase again. I can definitely see the chief possibly being a wolf thing though now after looking at EoD 0 while going through Julian. Hopping on so last minute right there when the cop was no longer in danger isn't a great look. More like a "well partner is about to die I should throw a vote on there so I can be on a wolf lynch"
Old 03-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #2485
TWG Tank
FFR Player

i dislike it a bit
particularly bc i don't see rolf as an "info lynch" (not that thats my cuppa tea anyway)
tbh id like to know what Apollo thinks he'd learn from it
rest of rolf pop in fine tho tbh
Old 03-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #2486
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Probably really stupid but the people that have given slight town reads on me do look a bit better to me. Based on my activity level and lack of very strong pushes on anyone in particular it'd be easy for wolves to have that vote on me and they honestly wouldn't look very bad either, I'd just look like a bad town.
Quote:
And then regarding my activity level, yeah I dropped the ball here. Work's been shit because well you guys could probably guess so when I get home I'm drained and don't have much motivation to go through all this stuff either. Someone mentioned time being a point in a read of me and that's not the issue, it's just energy and motivation. And then when I do try to catch up and keep of track of new stuff, there's no ability to meta unless something really strong comes up like my thought about Agent S, or the huge number of players to keep track of, I'm just not really set up for being alright at these really large anonymous games.
why i do declare that rolf is likely town!
Old 03-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #2487
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
Post 2176
Not gonna point out the specific line, but it's in there.
Also, at that point in my reading, Chrissy wasn't get that much attention. Phil came in and gave it a little push.
uhhh yeah youre reading something into it that i didnt mean sis
just a mythology ref
Old 03-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #2488
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
This is what I'm chalking this up to be to be honest. Aside from the vote switch from dora to zucker, the majority of attacks on him come simply from his antagonistic way of posting. Looking at it that way I'm reminded of how Red Blaster or Xelnya post which people don't like either and usually end up wrong. Paired with that post Flurry linked, he's making prods on someone people have generally been strongly town reading which seems pretty unnecessary considering couple other players in the game right now that'd be easier targets if he was a wolf.
how do those xelnya and red blaster types of players usually play when they're a wolf?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #2489
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
how do those xelnya and red blaster types of players usually play when they're a wolf?
They try to give you what you want.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #2490
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
they never roll wolf
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #2491
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I also think they're pretending to be an inexperienced player.
how come?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #2492
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
how come?
I'm going to get hate for this, but they know how to automatically count votes.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #2493
TWG Julian
FFR Player

sorry to hear about the migraine, agent s. hope it goes away soon!
Old 03-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #2494
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm going to get hate for this, but they know how to automatically count votes.
what do you mean automatically?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #2495
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
sorry to hear about the migraine, agent s. hope it goes away soon!
Will probably have it until I go to sleep, which is a still good 3 hours and then some away.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:47 PM   #2496
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
Votecount: Through post 885 (A LONG TIME!)

Vote Count:
3/12 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Julian [1]
Agent S

Boomer [2]
Apollo

Flurry [1]
Mathilda

Apollo [1]
Maple

Dora [6]
Boomer, Phil, Flurry, Eugene, Agent S, Fauna

Chief [1]
Tank

Molly [1?]
Dora

PROGRESSION:
<Voter> --> <Person being voted for>

Dora --> Mathilda (???)
Agent S --> Julian (???)
Tank --> Boomer (???)
Phil --> Boomer (???)
Fauna --> Boomer (???)
Mathilda --> Flurry (???)
Maple --> Apollo (890)
Boomer --> Dora (893)
Flurry --> Cherry (976)
Dora --> Unvote (1001)
Apollo --> Boomer (1013)
Julian --> Boomer (1049)
Phil --> Dora (1066)
Julian --> Unvote (1073)
Flurry --> Dora (1108)
Fauna --> Unvote (1125)
Eugene --> Dora (1175)
Apollo --> Unvote (1189)
Agent S --> Dora (1222)
Fauna --> Dora (1287)
Tank --> Chief (1289)

Question Mark Votes:
Dora --> Molly (1271)?

Gonna need Isabelle to ref this one.

If incorrect please correct immediately.
The second half of that post.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #2497
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Ironically, if you go back early game; that same person ask what's WIFOM ? I don't buy it.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #2498
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
I also think they're pretending to be an inexperienced player.
I'm very sure they're not
Old 03-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #2499
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
why i do declare that rolf is likely town!
We really just dont be on the same page; molly and then this

Didnt hate it, but there just wasnt a desire to solve there, imo
Old 03-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #2500
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

And wow, that was a dramatic rereading.
Oh well, time to do MORE READING, mrmpht.

In a nutshell:
Maple: Trending down because of the convenience of some of the reads on the reads list being incompatible with each other. I did like the stuff Fauna pointed out about you re: acquisitioner outing, but I can't ignore the read list.

Tank: Sheeping this read from Cherry for now. Thanks!

Rolf: Thanks, Boomer for giving a read on that line. Any other takers? I liked some of Rolf yesterday, but the point he made on himself was weird to me.

Flurry: Tough call. I've been scumreading them from yesterday, but they posted a few things that I liked about Molly. The problem is that they're ISOing targets that are going to be under the intense spotlight anyway. I'm going to still wolf lean Flurry, but lifted a few spots up.

Chief: I tried to reconsider, but you keep referring to your D0 play and aren't really putting anything out for us to see.

Apollo: Trending up! Now that you're being active and I saw you talking with people in thread, it made me feel much better about you. I'm gonna work on the possible partner interactions for the people I mentioned. If you come back, answer my question on what you think about all of them not really posting reads on their potential teammates.

Fauna: Had some weird reads (Tank, Phil, Flurry, Me), but has done useful stuff like that reads chart. That's a pretty pro-town move, if you ask me. I'll give you the slightest town read, but just a hair over nully.

Mathilda: Might back away for now. Could be the wolf roleblocker vying to stay alive under pressure, but I think the predicament they're describing about their schedule sounds believable and not on the same level as Chrissy.

Players I didn't mention remain roughly the same for me as last time.
Closed Thread