Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Default Mario Mix for Gamecube

this may be in the wrong area but can anyone whos got the japanese version tell how it is. i dont know if i should buy it or not.
monkey_henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Eck0sound
FFR Player

I don't think you should, I heard the hardest mode was standard or something...but that's just what I heard.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

From what I can tell, it's Mario, so it's probably going to be substantially easier. That doesn't mean it can't be fun though. Wait and see, I'm sure someone around here is going to get it sooner or later. Then you can ask them.

All in all, it at least looks decent to me...
Old 09-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
pentium6700
FFR Player

There are going to be five difficulty settings, not the normal DDR beginner light standard heavy. Five different settings, some of which may never have been seen before, hopefully some of them challenging.
Old 10-1-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
gardyloo
FFR Player

if not then you can just freestyle everything
Old 10-1-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
zandig
FFR Player

when i went and bought DDR Extreme 2 the guy asked me if i wanted to pre order it and he told me thats its really fun and has a lot of mini games in it, so it probably is fun but i do not have a gamecube so im going to have to pass this one up.
zandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2005, 08:24 PM   #7
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandig
when i went and bought DDR Extreme 2 the guy asked me if i wanted to pre order it and he told me thats its really fun and has a lot of mini games in it, so it probably is fun but i do not have a gamecube so im going to have to pass this one up.
this doesn't help me make my decision.
Old 10-1-2005, 10:22 PM   #8
zandig
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_henry
Quote:
well i was just saying that it has mini games and it is supposedly fun it so i mean yea that should help whether or not you want to buy a game.
zandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2005, 07:28 AM   #9
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_henry
Quote:
well i was just saying that it has mini games and it is supposedly fun it so i mean yea that should help whether or not you want to buy a game.
Oh sorry
Old 10-7-2005, 09:16 PM   #10
eurodjslash
FFR Player

I got DDR with Mario .. an excellent game .. fun ... challenging maybe in the big boss stage .. not SUPER challenging for average expert DDR players .. but definatly worth the buy ... and I assume and hope Nintendo and Konami wont remove songs ... or replace .. perhaps ad tho .. otherwise I say .. if you like Nintendo tunes .. from Retro to new .. remixed into a nice dance flavor ... then go for it! So all in all .. for expert players .. its just plain fun ... for begginers .. its perfect to start off with .. but me .. im a ddr fan so i just get em all!

Cheers
DJ Slash ~From the now deceased but coming back soon DWI Palace!~
eurodjslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2005, 09:34 PM   #11
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodjslash
I got DDR with Mario .. an excellent game .. fun ... challenging maybe in the big boss stage .. not SUPER challenging for average expert DDR players .. but definatly worth the buy ... and I assume and hope Nintendo and Konami wont remove songs ... or replace .. perhaps ad tho .. otherwise I say .. if you like Nintendo tunes .. from Retro to new .. remixed into a nice dance flavor ... then go for it! So all in all .. for expert players .. its just plain fun ... for begginers .. its perfect to start off with .. but me .. im a ddr fan so i just get em all!

Cheers
How many songs are in DDR with Mario, and are there any Konami songs in there, as well? Eventhough if I were to buy, it would be for features other than the songlist, I still want to know the amount of content within just the songs. I heard that the game will have at 25+ songs, but that's about it.
Old 10-8-2005, 12:31 AM   #12
eurodjslash
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyoshi
Quote:

Cheers
How many songs are in DDR with Mario, and are there any Konami songs in there, as well? Eventhough if I were to buy, it would be for features other than the songlist, I still want to know the amount of content within just the songs. I heard that the game will have at 25+ songs, but that's about it.
Well basicly there's 29 songs in all .. 30 if you count the credits music (which you can dance too as well *yay!*) and there's a bunch of mini games as said before .. all which are very fun! Plus a story mode! Story mode is pretty neat .. even tho it has a cheesy story line :P ... but hey its-a-Mario .. right ? lol ... the game let's you select between Mario and Luigi only .. sucks but hey .. it's nintendo's 2nd attempt at a DDR game .. and they made a pretty good one ... hopefully another will be on its way!

If you need more info let me know!

Cheers
DJ Slash
Old 10-8-2005, 12:58 PM   #13
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Quote:
Well basicly there's 29 songs in all .. 30 if you count the credits music (which you can dance too as well)
....that's really, really, REALLY pitiful...
I mean, look at Konamix, that was on Playstation for God sake, and it had like, 70-something songs.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #14
eurodjslash
FFR Player

And ? Remember this is Nintendo's 2nd shot at making a DDR ... they are probably just trying to see if people are interested in a Mario mix .. and if so then they'll probably make a new one with more songs next time.

Slash
Old 10-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #15
Zarbon
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Zarbon

What are some of the songs on it?
Zarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #16
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyoshi
Quote:

Cheers
Well basicly there's 29 songs in all .. 30 if you count the credits music (which you can dance too as well *yay!*) and there's a bunch of mini games as said before .. all which are very fun! Plus a story mode! Story mode is pretty neat .. even tho it has a cheesy story line :P ... but hey its-a-Mario .. right ? lol ... the game let's you select between Mario and Luigi only .. sucks but hey .. it's nintendo's 2nd attempt at a DDR game .. and they made a pretty good one ... hopefully another will be on its way!

If you need more info let me know!

Cheers
DJ Slash
Now this is useful, thanx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbon
Bowser's castle theme for sure
Old 10-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #17
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

Quote:
And ? Remember this is Nintendo's 2nd shot at making a DDR ... they are probably just trying to see if people are interested in a Mario mix .. and if so then they'll probably make a new one with more songs next time.

Slash
Yeah, that's a good marketing strategy, make this game suck, and when people get hooked, reel em in!!!

Actually, thanks for making this thread whoever. I was thinking about buying it, and now i don't have to rent it to find out if it's any good.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #18
monkey_henry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumble
Quote:

Slash
Yeah, that's a good marketing strategy, make this game suck, and when people get hooked, reel em in!!!

Actually, thanks for making this thread whoever. I was thinking about buying it, and now i don't have to rent it to find out if it's any good.
you're welcome
Old 10-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #19
DDR-9-Footer
FFR Player

so do they now sell DDR mats for GC and is this the first DDR for the cube?

Oh yeah, I met some really interesting people there. One of them said that he saw demons and that he wanted to kill me ^_____^
DDR-9-Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #20
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbon
Some of the songs I know from trying it at a convention were:
Here We Go
Up, Down, Left, Right (Not sure if this is the correct title)
Underground Mozart
Destructive Dance

Digital Life had a Nintendo booth with DDR: Mario Mix. I tried it, and I didn't like it. In free play, there was ONE song unlocked at the beginning. And the stepcharts; they were way too easy and the hardest one I think they had available at the moment was really only comparable to an easy 7-footer.

There were five modes (Not sure if these are the correct names): Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Super Hard. The "Very Hard" difficulty in truth is comparable only to Standard mode in DDR. I'm assuming that "Super Hard" is supposed to be parallel to Challenge difficulty because the stepcharts of that ranking exist only in a few songs, but at beast it only compares to Heavy.

My overall opinion based on my expierience is that one should only buy the game for the sake of Nintendo or if you want to try the Story mode (could not play the mode at Digital Life.)