Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CyberFiber666 Send a message via MSN to CyberFiber666 Send a message via Yahoo to CyberFiber666
Default The metal is here... Only, my project isn't completed fully

Well, just to start this off... I've started a line of Heavy Metal to Hardcore Metal stepfiles. Pretty much anything you can"really" bang your head too.. It started not to long ago, so there will be a little bit more of a wait for the whole list to be finished.. but as far as my list of songs, here's just a small list, that I'll update as I find more I wanna door Whe I upload er whatever comes around. If you people have ANY requests, let me know.. and I'll see what I can do, I leave no promises though...

^Lamd of God:{rating from you people of FFR/# of downloads}

*Laid to Rest(uploaded on FFR){7.75/13}
*Ashes of the Wake(uploaded on FFR){10.00/21}
*One Gun(uploaded on FFR){8.00/15}
Blood of the Scribe(in progress[20%]
Break you
Omerta(in progress[10%])
*Hourglass(uploaded on FFR)(9.67/37}
Now You've got Something to Die for
The Faded Line
*Remorse is for the Dead(uploaded on FFR){10.00/88}

^SliPKnoT:

Disasterpeices(finished but not uploaded)
*Before I forget(uploaded on FFR){7.40/99}
Wait and Bleed
Duality
(sic)
Prosthetics

SLAYER:

... coming titles undecided...

Rammstein:

... coming titles undecided...

The Rolling Stones:

Paint it Black(in progress[40%])

A Perfect Circle:

Emotive album: track 10

Jag Panzer:

Twilight Stars(in progress[10%])
CyberFiber666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
NightmareMagma
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NightmareMagma Send a message via MSN to NightmareMagma
Default RE: You Hard ROCKERS!!! The metal is coming soon...

Where's Rammstein?

NightmareMagma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #3
bobbycat73
FFR Player

Slipknot, rofl.

Eh, I don't care as long as they're good files.

Not sure if they will be though

http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!
bobbycat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

I'm not going to play any of these because I'm sure that you're going to make terrible files to them.

Obviously you don't realize that anything that isn't synthesized will have an extremely wobbly BPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
shades don't break unless you break them.
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CyberFiber666 Send a message via MSN to CyberFiber666 Send a message via Yahoo to CyberFiber666

I've realized that they change in bpm frequently... but every song usually has 1 main bpm.. and that's what i find... as far as bad steps... i quarentee these will be some of the BEST steps on a non-synthesized, rock song you've EVER seen... My currently finished files, are said to be some of the best that have been seen in metal song files. I just saw some on a friends comp, that... to justify your reason to not believe they'll be good... were friggin' HORRIBLE steps... they were off and eerything... so i re-did them completely.. i re-did the offstep, bpms, and steps... only thing is.. sometimesthey are excesively hard, but still possible... and don't worry, i don't do that thing that pops the steps to what the comp would think is good, i use the tick assist to make sure my steps are near perfect to absolutely phenominal. I'd have to say the disasterpieces might need some work again, but i've been busy with others lately. They'll be great, you'll see... And as Far as the Rammstein.. DANG good choice, I can't believe I forgot about them... give me some good titles and i'll add them to the list.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

I'd love to know who exactly loved your finished files.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2005, 01:21 AM   #7
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

People around my area, it's not like I know too many people out of state.. and I just signed on to this forum.. So it's not quite like I know anyone on here. If I were to put one of them on the list, would you download it just to give my work a try? I'm not trying to really get in any debate, I just wanna show people what I can do.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 AM   #8
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

Well, I just uploaded a song.. please check it out... It's "Laid to Rest" by Lamb of God... I think you'll be impressed compared to most "heavy metal" songs... As far as best of "all" songs... I'd bet not even close... but, if you get the chance and even give it a chance, will you please let me know what you think?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:43 AM   #9
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

That was by far the worst stepfile I've ever played to any metal song. You have so many things wrong with it that I have to make a list.

1. From the feel of it, the BPM is wrong, because it went in and out of synch, like I expected.
2. You used triples and quads and terrible freeze patterns where there was no need for them.
3. That little section of jackhammers, though small, was completely unneeded.
4. Parts of the stepfile seemed copy and pasted from previous parts.
5. You used far too many single notes in a row, and it got boring after about 15 seconds from using the same exact pattern over and over again.
6. Arrows you used: 4th notes, 8th notes, 12th notes, and one 24th note. Learn to use rhythm instead of JUST sounds, and use drum beats instead of just guitar.

This is just a wild guess, but have the people in your area been playing for half a year to one year? This is usually the kind of file that appeals to them because they don't understand that a file should be synched correctly.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #10
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

What... do you even know what you are talking about!?!?! Do you even know the song??? To rebutle the crap you had to say:

1: I went through every last part of that song over and over with only 1/4 steps and the assist tick to make "sure" that they were the currect speed. So I know that the bpm is all a bullcrap thing to mention from inside your head.
2: The song was done in triples and quads... As I said previously... Know the song before you say a dang thing. The freezes were to guitar squeeles and other stuff as such.
3: They were just something to do instead of still going with the same thing to much.
4: That I did do.. I can't say anything against that because you're right... I did copy and paste.. Sometimes I feel likek being lazy, but I still make sure they are still the right bpm.
5: I don't think you know what it is to "really" enjoy music. It's not about the hardest thing you can find..
6:I'm a drummer myself, so don't even try to come close to telling me I don't have rhythm. And there's more than just one way to play a game, and that's not just to it beat.. give something else a try.
7: As far as my friends... You should just kinda shut up where you speak there... You trying to put down the people I know, is by far making you the lowest thing I've ever known in any way. But thank you for your input... I'll consider it in the future... pretty much the only thing you had right.. out of... "everything", was the copy paste.. so, yeah.. I'll be sure to change that... Thank you again\m/^_^\m/
Old 09-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
bobbycat73
FFR Player

Ehhhh, that part was the jacks WAS pretty bad.

You'll get better and better every time you do more simfiles.

Sooo it was an average simfile I guess. I dunno.

http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!
bobbycat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101
Default Re: RE: You Hard ROCKERS!!! The metal is coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFiber666
7: As far as my friends... You should just kinda shut up where you speak there... You trying to put down the people I know, is by far making you the lowest thing I've ever known in any way. But thank you for your input... I'll consider it in the future... pretty much the only thing you had right.. out of... "everything", was the copy paste.. so, yeah.. I'll be sure to change that... Thank you again\m/^_^\m/
Uhhh...

I'm pretty sure Spazzbite just meant that most people when they start playing stepmania, even if they've had music experience, won't know for sure if a file is good or not. I was that way, Spazz was probably that way, and your friends, I assume, are probably that way.

Just thought I should let ya know.

EDIT: Also, I haven't played your file, and until you get more experience, I probably won't since Spazzbite seemed to have critiqued it enough.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #13
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: You Hard ROCKERS!!! The metal is coming soon...

Thank you both... But yes. i'll get better as time goes by.. And actually... my friends aren't the ones that have been playing for a year... I''m the one that's been playing for somewhere near there.. they've been playing for... I dunno.. since Konamix came out for PS1.. so... eh... yuo know how it goes... But i understand. It was just a little messed up of him to say sdo.. but no hard feelings.. I only got one way to learn, and that's take the hardships and everything... Again.. Thank yo all for your input.. Yes, even you spazzbite..I'll learn from what you've said.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:57 PM   #14
nyra
FFR Player

well they are probobly better then mine. i just dont have the patience to do all that stuff. i made 2 simfiles one that was horrible becase i put on auto play and didn't notice it and the other well it's just kindove stupidly hard. my next simfile will hopefully be better. and since i liked the way spazzbite rewveiwed his simfile im going to specifically ask him to review my next one if i do a moderate job.

i would suggest going more twards the drums for heavy metal just cuz thats all my freind seems to talk about in them.

no offense but, are you a good drummer?

a lot of people that i know who call them selves drummers say that ddr has nothing to do with rythme.
nyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:16 AM   #15
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

Depends on what you consider a good drummer... if you mean... Can I play a beat while wroking in fills, offbeats, accents, symbol mutes and the high hat... i suppose i'd be good.. but.. it's all your decision on if you think i'm good. A rythme isn't a beat... They are both different... A beat is the pace, kinda like bpm.. But, still different. Rythme, leans more towards the sound and how it goes along with the beat.. it all has to go together in one thuogh, or else it just doesn't work so well..
Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #16
CyberFiber666
FFR Player

I'm el-bumpo-ing this up so I can get some feedback on my files.. Let me know what you guys think please.. any input would be helpful.. thanks!!!!