Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #1841
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

i don't remember mashi anticipating his absence this time

things do come up but this is the first i remember him being gone for a whole 24-hour period

like, he's even posted from work before
Old 08-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #1842
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Okay, read all of D2, and here are a few posts that stuck out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Holy fucking shit

So I was right about Xel AND Yoshiisland

Hold on, let me get my post I worked on earlier today set into motion
This just seems weird.. especially early on. Possible trying-to-look-really-human post? It's something I see other people do as a wolf a lot.

-

Quote:
I'm not so sure the last wolf is in tokzic/reuben though
I mean, you're right on this as well, but A.) hindsight, and B.) That doesn't exactly help your case because of it.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
okay yeah dbp's going to be my fifth slot, because while he was active he dug up a good number of leads with info that's at least still valuable to keep in mind
Nice little sheep right there after an explanation as to why he might be silent. An explanation that, while understandable, is still kinda weak, but those are just my 2 pennies.

-

Quote:
Friendly reminder that Phantoms are present now as of EoD yesterday!!
Was this necessary?

-

Quote:
Specifically:

In addition, the following players have received phantoms:

Gradiant
Tokzic
DaBackpack
reuben_tate
Yoshiisland
Was this necessary v2?

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Pretty sudden change if you ask me
Notable point from Gradiant there re: Lar.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i think tokzic lynch is both good and bad, but i think tokzic lynch is more bad than good, at least if i'm assuming things right.
Something in my gut is twisting reading this. Like, I feel there's another case of letting on more than what should be known. Although the entire day felt like Tokzic was playing as a really bad town and trying too hard to get a wolf-kill. Sounds familiar.

-

Quote:
Never fucking mind I didn't see a miles attorney version until just now
Oi vei... Dumbtell?

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I'm Athena Cykes, tokzic is lying about being last PR. His choice of PR to fakeclaim is neat as it gave credit to his playstyle and it made everybody completely back off of him, but yeah. No reason why a town would fakeclaim this role here, only result then is scum fakeclaim.
Quote:
I can see the last PR outing to lynch you, but probably not this game. Real PR is smart as fuck right now.
Haaaaaaaah. Zenith might've been correct if Gradiant hadn't claimed and Tokzic was left to live. Convenient.

-

Quote:
man i really wanna shitpost while we wait or something, but not so much that this discussion gets lost for anyone else that comes in and wants to vote
Complete disregard for the potential that they're wrong? Like, don't get me wrong, I can see why everyone thought the game might've been over, but something I've learned from my very first TWG game is never assume the game is over, or that you're safe because more than likely you're not.
(context: 9 players left in TWG 103, BDN places a vote assuming at least one wolf is dead and that there was no way all 4 were still alive. All 4 wolves gang-rush and win)

And, don't get me wrong, 2 points for not wanting to ruin discussion, but I get a vibe of wanting to not contribute after this from this post.

---

And that is all.
Nothing especially of note from Mashi, or sunfan, and there's a lot I don't like from Zenith.

Happy now~
Old 08-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #1843
T-Force
Your world ends with you

PS. I beat Snowboard Kids with Nancy (the slowest character in the game). Holy crap, never again, please and thank you...
Old 08-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #1844
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Anyway, I should mention that I'll be at work from 8 AM server time until sometime between 6 and 7 PM server time Tuesday till Thursday, and from approx. 7 AM server time until 5 server time on Friday.
So if I'm not posting much in that time frame, I'm sorry, but I'm away.
I will be back for EoDs so I'll do my best then.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #1845
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

i am here fam!!!

also hi t-force!!! (sun)

i'm sry inDheart, this might sound childish, but my laptop crashed 3 times while I was trying to open the thread today (probs because it's summer and it kept overheating) and I got mad so I didn't even bother trying to use it for longer than a few minutes for the rest of the day. but i'm in the dorm now and it's night and we also have ac so WE LIT except it's cold so i guess we're not lit??? confusing

but i'm here now and probs gonna stay up despite having work tomorrow and get the last wolf #REKT!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:05 AM   #1846
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

hi mashi! oh jeez yeah i forgot about your computer, that's certainly been an unfortunate motif. having had my own computer problems this game i getchu
Old 08-16-2016, 12:20 AM   #1847
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
This just seems weird.. especially early on. Possible trying-to-look-really-human post? It's something I see other people do as a wolf a lot.
i mentioned island previously, but gonna take this opportunity to gather some of his previous posts re: xel

Quote:
13. Xelnya - Sketchy. Like I said about Xel's shitposting being VERY important, it's nearly proven Xel as town shitposts a lot more and it can be used as a sign early on to tell what he is at the time. I am not reading that at all this game. There's also the early game aggression Xel usually follows when he's town. Maybe I'm overreading and overreaching his Meta but I find it very off Xel hasn't played his town meta to a T yet. Maybe him reading this read will do so o/
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I immensely disagree with your read of me at this point. If I was posting more shit posts, you'll be arguing I don't have any actual substance to half of my posting and you'd make some shit argument I'm trying to blend or w.e have you tomorrow. I mean, I'm happy to oblige the game to more shit posts, but don't fuckin' make an argument my posts contain less substance later on then. Try not to toss me into that catch 22 would you
Quote:
@Xel to me though, if your shitposting was more consistent with your meta and aggressive posting towards people, it'd actually help me with a more accurate read on you.

It just seems off, are you changing your style in minor ways by chance?

Like I said I might be overreading your meta but I'm not sure, I'm used to you shitposting more and whilst having a calm tone, still being aggressive. I can't really use the low content shitposting breaching your actual content argument because it's the opposite of what you are doing
Quote:
You're certainly over meta-reading me because while you talk about how much I've posted in terms of overall, shit, and contentful posting, you based your read purely on a perceived meta. Not based on anything I've said.

Which is why I outright disagree with your read on me.

I'm not gonna answer if I've changed style because coming from me, that's super subjective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiisland View Post
How does Xel not shitposting important?
Quote:
Its a meta read about how eager i am about the game is my tell to if i am scum or not
Quote:
You don't know his meta, but it *was* important

By his words that information is useless now (which it is) but there was a time that Xel shitposting/aggression was alignment indicative.
Quote:
Yeah.. a USELESS Meta read now @_@
Quote:
Oops

Apologies, it's been a long time since I've played with Xel so I guess now is a good time to rebuild a meta on him and chuck the old one away.

Despite my metaread and later synopsis read on Xel, he hasn't really leaned wolf imo.

My new read has him at null for the time being, I don't want to to lynch Xel this phase.

so if zenith's claiming to be "right" about xel, it's because meta
Old 08-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #1848
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

So based on the INTENSE DISCUSSION everyone had while I was gone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
do you really think that i thought that was the insta vote?

try actually going back and reading the whole entire eod, instead of cherry picking at certain things, because most of what you've tried to pick out have already been addressed.

out of the people left, i still think MML is still scum, but i'm worried because that sentiment hasn't changed throughout this game for me, and i'm probably approaching it as a "scummy because mentally impaired" type of thing

mashi is actually the other person i would look towards, because i don't remember him ever making any really big pushes or going at things with much conviction? otherwise, also zenith for doing the same. dabackpack is also out there because of otakon, he's probably getting back home, and will look at thread and be like "ok"

the fact that he disappeared after the emotions after end of d1 is still a little bit eyebrow raising, but the flip out kinda left a big mark on me
Did not like this post at all though. The way it's constructed comes off to me as if he's trying to give himself a pathway to being suspicious of a lot of people, but not because he's being open for legitimate suspicions, but because he feels the need to have to accuse multiple people (which the remaining Wolf would definitely have to do in this situation if he wishes to survive).

Quote:
Right about Tokzic
Right about Gradiant

Hmmm
I don't really feel like Zenith's comment about being right about Gradiant and Tokzic are something likely heard of from a Wolf. It comes off as pretty cocky and imo it's something that's probably going to draw attention when stated. I haven't really known Zenith to flaunt like that as a Wolf.
Like, think of it from a Wolf's perspective. What reason would the last Wolf in the game want to post something like this? To show off?

Quote:
You and YoshL are both wrong even if I cannot put words together to defend myself correctly.
And comments like this sound so Human to me! Especially from Zenith tbh
Attack my waifu and I'll destroy your laifu!!!

Quote:
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I saw Tokzic being a wolf, you cannot honestly say that his entire play this game screamed VT

Even without reading him as a wolf, he deserved to die and you know this. It's bad enough we have one completely inactive person that hinders town and he was also hindering town with his bullshit. I believe by what Sunfan said we still have what, three mislynches? You care to propose to use one of them on me?

How about instead of trying to concentrate on my reads, you instead post some of your own?
idk if Zenith is the type of person to fake not knowing things, but I think the Wolf would definitely know how many mislynches are left in the game.

btw I should mention that I think the way YoshL's conducting himself with his Zenith suspicion is making me suspicious of YoshL

People with YoshL as a Human lean are going to have to tell me what I'm missing, because I don't really see what YoshL has done that's been Human this game. inDheart mentioned a lot of things in his read of him, but I'm pretty unpersuaded about them - it might just be a difference in playstyle between inDheart and I. Regardless, I'm going to be going through the thread now and coming to a more definitive (and hopefully correct) conclusion about YoshL and everyone else in the game.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #1849
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

MY FRIEND JUST TOLD ME THERE'S FREE BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY RN AND SIDHAOHFUASHA I'M GONNA BE BACK IN LIKE AN HOUR THOUGH, DW, I'M GONNA PULL AN ALL NIGHTER TO SOLVE THIS GAME IF I HAVE TO WHEN I COME BACK
Old 08-16-2016, 12:45 AM   #1850
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

omg i wish i had your energy rn

i see your post but i'm like exhausted and wilting so morning for me
Old 08-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #1851
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I kind of don't like killing W&B because he could be a pr with how he said he would check in with 30 mins left, idk

whatever
I was strong reading sunfan town up until this point esp since just a few minutes ago he said that leaving votes on wabby is fine

it's just confusing

earlier he said it had to be tokzic vs zenith,then said that votes on wabby were fine,then said wabby might be a Pr

I just don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #1852
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

sorry if that was confusing but phone

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 12:52 AM   #1853
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
if any of these three wagons die, I guess I can deal
I want Tokzic to die the least, but not by a lot
OK slightly understand but still a little weird that he thought that wabby might be a Pr but didn't make strong mention of that until 1 min before eod

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 12:55 AM   #1854
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Alright so yes I've admitted I've been lazy since subbing in besides the first read through but I'm about to drop some heat.

First off, I fucking knew that Xel not shitposting enough/less aggression leaned more wolf than town.

I'm upset at myself for letting him throw me the other way because of meta but I. Knew. It.

ANYWAYS

Good case, except if this is really all you're basing it off of then you really should isolate my posts and not my general laziness. If you attribute Laziness towards wolves, then you should reevaluate how you find wolves, Sunfan.

Weird as fuck. Follows my top suspicion yet isn't opposed to lynching the person who brought up Island as a potential wolf in the first place??

Useless to even post this. RB had what, 4 posts? And none of them contributed much opinion or useful content, nobody should even be talking about RB since I took over his slot.

Yessir you're correct they are lackluster because they are synopsis isolations, not full nor in-depth isolations simply because of time constraint. You said it yourself that you are constrained with time, so why does my situation become different from yours?

Okay, what is it then, Null or Wolf? You are seemingly pocketing Sunfan at this point.

Pocket isn't the right word here Mashi. You haven't posted much in detail at this point and I wasn't on at the time you did post content so how am I pocketing you other than calling you town? I was banned for several games Mashi, and in that time I tried to change how I played the game, and then the next game I did play, I fucked up again and seemingly learned nothing until others told me what I was doing wrong and I finally corrected my playstyle. Any meta you have on me should be thrown out, because it no longer exists.

First answer is such a clear pocket it hurts.

Seriously?? Does nobody see how deep in Sunfan's pocket inDheart is?

I agree with this, and I would apply it to Tokzic as well with his bullshit claim but I just want answers from Tokzic, not really looking to lynch him solely on the claim.

And that concludes my reread of what I missed at EoD.

Now, on the Wabby lynch:
He played almost exactly, if not better than his last game (Turbo 3). Did I think he was a role, not at all, did his playstyle replicate a role mindset, imo yes. He was a role in this game and his last, which is why I would've never lynched him this game. I had him parked at Null because I didn't take the time to read him but now that I have, it's clear he was town-sided. I would've rather died in his place now that he flipped a role, but I'm not going to be lazy for the remainder of the game because both lynches were bullshit and I don't want the next lynch to be the same.
This is really bad,can elaborate later

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #1855
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
sunfan sorry i didn't get you a full reads list but i'd say my answers make up some of it, definitely doing this 5+me town thing
I take back that last post

THIS is bad imo

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #1856
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

what I was gonna say about Zenith is that I hate when ppl say "why did you guys lynch xxx if I was there I wouldn't have done that", MML said that earlier too

it's an easy way for wolves to appear invested in the outcome of the game without actually having to push

but Zenith has other things going for him atm

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #1857
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I take back that last post

THIS is bad imo
piggybacking off of Zenith's post earlier ---- pocket pocket pocket

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 01:05 AM   #1858
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
PS. I beat Snowboard Kids with Nancy (the slowest character in the game). Holy crap, never again, please and thank you...
I am pocketed
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-16-2016, 01:08 AM   #1859
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
OK slightly understand but still a little weird that he thought that wabby might be a Pr but didn't make strong mention of that until 1 min before eod
I am mechanically lock clear do not focus on me
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-16-2016, 01:10 AM   #1860
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
I am mechanically lock clear do not focus on me
Aight just reading what I missed in bed

Quote:
no one cares