Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #2301
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 150: Undertale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Napstablook View Post
You've bounced your vote on most of the unconfirmeds today minus Papyrus..I honestly think it's fairly odd you've had next to nothing to say about Papyrus despite having plenty of thoughts on everyone else in the lynch pool.

Of course I am, that's what I do.
I barely participated in D0 so nobody.
I don't honestly recall D1 but pretty sure there wasn't anyone.
Don't really see any relevance lol
You got anything to say about Papyrus? Because I don't. We decided we were ok with people doing what he's been doing when we killed people other than Doggo or him tbh.

Its ok if you don't see the relevance.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #2302
TWG Napstablook
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy View Post
You got anything to say about Papyrus? Because I don't. We decided we were ok with people doing what he's been doing when we killed people other than Doggo or him tbh.

Its ok if you don't see the relevance.
I didn't decide shit, Doggo made no attempt to be here so I figured he'd get replaced or modkilled. Pap has been here to some extent each phase just steadily coasting through supporting lynch trains here and there. I mean how do you /not/ have anything to say about him? That's actually curious.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #2303
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

because I've only made it so far in my reread and I haven't gotten to the point where he's actually doing shit

if I have to say one thing I guess I like that he wants to kill Undyne and that he's been looking at possible pairings, but its not very much
Old 04-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #2304
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

i'm not sure how much i like relying on pairings to the point of "if one flips this color, lynch the other" especially when we're getting close to the end of the game one way or another

i'm not saying this because papyrus suggested killing me based on someone's flip, i'm more worried about how we almost did this to temmie/muffet and the lucky as fuck oracle flip saved us from losing a monster
Old 04-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #2305
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

basically if wasn't for the oracle we would've lynched two monsters because everyone was certain one of them was human and if we do that again at this stage in the game we would lose
Old 04-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #2306
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

I don't think I have a solid grasp on the game at this point.

Papyrus is running through pairings, I don't really see anything that stops me from making any pairing other than Papyrus/Undyne.

Maybe Undyne is the best kill here... they made a lot of showy posts about being sure that they can find the humans, but hasn't followed up on it at all. I initially liked their vote at the end of d0, but its rather clear that they've had that as their plan the whole time, so its null at best.

Idk I feel kind of burnt out after last night and today. I don't really know where to go after Undyne depending on the flip, I'd probably just continue to reevaluate.

I really hate how Tsunder is reading Napsta
I really hate how Papyrus is reading me
I somewhat hate Napsta's confidence that they won't die but that's a different point that I'm trying not to go crazy over

Unless Undyne literally blows my mind if they come back, I'm probably not moving.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #2307
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

tl;dr I'm pretty fucking out of it at this point and I think as a defense of my sanity I'm just going to not try to figure anything else out as of right now

I think Undyne is a good kill is basically all I feel like I have rn.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #2308
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

what's the current vote count

i want to put my vote on undyne since i definitely agree that they're the best lynch but i also don't want to get close to insta
Old 04-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #2309
TWG Papyrus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tsunderplane View Post
i'm not sure how much i like relying on pairings to the point of "if one flips this color, lynch the other" especially when we're getting close to the end of the game one way or another

i'm not saying this because papyrus suggested killing me based on someone's flip, i'm more worried about how we almost did this to temmie/muffet and the lucky as fuck oracle flip saved us from losing a monster
okay, look:
right now, i (as well as you, dummy, and napsta) have only 6 human pairs to consider, as there are only 4 potential humans left. that's certainly few enough for me to analyze each pair individually and make decisions based off of that. in addition, by choosing X and Y among them and saying "let's lynch X, then Y if X flips green", i am guaranteed to hit a human in all of those pairs except one. on that note:

Quote:
basically if wasn't for the oracle we would've lynched two monsters because everyone was certain one of them was human and if we do that again at this stage in the game we would lose
if everyone follows my lead by lynching undyne followed by napsta if she flips green, then the only way we lose is if the humans are exactly you and mad dummy
do you want me to think that?

now you are right that a binary approach was less effective yesterday: with 7 non-clears, there were 21 potential human pairs for each of us, 10 of which did not contain either muffet or temmie
however, at this point it is a very effective strategy for each of us to pick one pair of non-clears that is definitely not the human pair, since statistically speaking one of the other two must be a human if we are right
approaching the game by looking at pairs only gets more effective statistically as the game progresses, not less
Old 04-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #2310
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
what's the current vote count

i want to put my vote on undyne since i definitely agree that they're the best lynch but i also don't want to get close to insta
I think only myself and Papyrus are voting for them, I could be wrong. Alphys has an unvote and idk if Temmie, Undyne, Napsta or you have ever voted.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #2311
TWG Papyrus
FFR Player

you do have the right to be concerned about me saying "if undyne flips red i'm going to want you lynched next" but that's certainly more up for debate
Old 04-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #2312
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Papyrus View Post
if everyone follows my lead by lynching undyne followed by napsta if she flips green, then the only way we lose is if the humans are exactly you and mad dummy
do you want me to think that?

now you are right that a binary approach was less effective yesterday: with 7 non-clears, there were 21 potential human pairs for each of us, 10 of which did not contain either muffet or temmie
however, at this point it is a very effective strategy for each of us to pick one pair of non-clears that is definitely not the human pair, since statistically speaking one of the other two must be a human if we are right
approaching the game by looking at pairs only gets more effective statistically as the game progresses, not less
okay that actually makes way more sense when you put it that way

i was getting nervous since we're basically down to the point where if we lynch two more humans we are completely fucked
Old 04-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #2313
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
you do have the right to be concerned about me saying "if undyne flips red i'm going to want you lynched next" but that's certainly more up for debate
what do you think the most likely team is pending the different potential flips from Undyne?
Old 04-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #2314
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
i just want to win the game for the monsters and getting lynched and having a human victory because of a pair strategy that hinged on someone unrelated flipping red would infuriate me to no end
Old 04-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #2315
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

i also don't like the thought of someone who's not a confirmed blue (alphys is as confirmed as it's going to get at this point) leading the charge and everyone following blindly behind them since that tends to end badly for the town team
Old 04-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #2316
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
I think only myself and Papyrus are voting for them, I could be wrong. Alphys has an unvote and idk if Temmie, Undyne, Napsta or you have ever voted.
i have not voted for anyone yet this phase
Old 04-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #2317
TWG Papyrus
FFR Player

Quote:
what do you think the most likely team is pending the different potential flips from Undyne?
tsundyne if undyne flips vanilla human- i don't think napsta would've ignored anything undyne-related for a phase and a half in this scenario if he didn't have some semblance of a cushion (i.e being the roleblocker) to work with
napstadyne if undyne flips roleblocker- you seem to want undyne dead and plane seems okay with it, neither of which are what i would expect the last human to be in this case
nappy plane if undyne flips monster- i'd like to think i'm townreading you correctly
Old 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #2318
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
nappy plane if undyne flips monster- i'd like to think i'm townreading you correctly
I get that my jrodd impression is very different from how I've been playing this game and that I haven't had a wolf game for you to reference on FFR in a very, very long time but I'm very surprised you're this sure of yourself on me. I suppose I am more grateful than not, but I guess I'm confused about why you're so sure on me.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #2319
TWG Napstablook
FFR Player

Quote:
tsundyne if undyne flips vanilla human- i don't think napsta would've ignored anything undyne-related for a phase and a half in this scenario if he didn't have some semblance of a cushion (i.e being the roleblocker) to work with
napstadyne if undyne flips roleblocker- you seem to want undyne dead and plane seems okay with it, neither of which are what i would expect the last human to be in this case
I don't like how dummy is entirely left out of these pairings.
Are you that confident in your read on him?
Old 04-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #2320
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Quote:
I hate the last part of this post, I guess, solely because there hasn't been any follow-up
I came in last night to scumhunt and got hit by the fucking "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

But don't worry, I'm about to deliver.
Closed Thread