Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #181
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
xelnya seems legitimately upset that I'm trying to move us in the right direction so we can actually lynch someone that gives us a lot of data, or maybe even a wolf lynch

you do understand that, as town, doing the bullshit-as-fuck gif-posting only serves to allow wolves to coast and gently guide the game to mislynches

I'm legitimately sick and fucking tired of the shitposting meta
maybe I've just gotten too serious for my own good nowadays, or maybe you are stuck in the immature meta that you have been known for, not just in twg, but on the entire site as a whole

sure this is a jtwg and it's geared towards simpler games and new players, but it's disingenuous to use the game as an outlet to postwhore, it's detrimental to the game and the fact that you've played so many games without being able to make the logical step needed to be a "good" or "fun" player will always put you in a spot where you are good lynch

if not because of a wolf, it's because you are a good policy lynch
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #182
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
Anyway, here are some general points on playing this game. I'm going to try to keep this short so it's easier to read.

I would recommend people take a look at the 3x3 form of the game. Basically, one row or column is chosen to determine 3 Roles in the setup, while the other 6 Roles are a normal Wolf and 5 Humans. This is important because if there's, say, a Cop in the setup, it disproves that a Town Backup or Town Jailkeeper is in the setup.

Normal Humans -

Also known as the best Role in the game, your goal is to, evidently, find the Wolves. Something noteworthy that you should also be doing is trying to determine the Specials in the setup; however, your conclusions should be kept to yourself. The reason this is important is so that you can make a more informed decision regarding whether a Wolf is counterclaiming. It's not unusual to lynch an uncounterclaimed Role in this setup.

It's possible to pretend to act like a Special in this setup, but I wouldn't recommend it. In my opinion, it's best for everyone in this setup to try to behave as a normal Human. You don't want to accidentally mislead a Special into thinking you're a Cop when a Cop isn't in the game, for example (that might lead them to think you're a Wolf planning to false claim, for example).

Aside from the uniqueness of the game, it's just like any other TWG. Find the Wolves and get them lynched. Given that there are two Wolves in the game, bussing is unlikely (still possible, however), so definitely pay attention to Player interactions.

Specials in General -

As you know more information about the setup (it's one of two for you, rather than one of six) than normal Humans, it is especially important for you to try to figure out the setup. This is because it is very likely that at least one of the Wolves will false claim. But the issue for Humans with false claiming in this game is that it's possible to false claim without being counterclaimed!

Jailkeeper -
In most setups, it's dangerous to use your power on anyone that's Human, but given that the only unique Humans that can be present in this setup are a Vanilla Townie (not unique lol) and a Backup (who only gets his/her power on your death), you can really feel free to just guard whomever you feel is Human.
Noteworthy; assuming one Wolf is down, if you use your power on a Player and there is no Night kill, he/she was either the wolf target or the Wolf sending the kill; use your best judgement to determine which, as it could end the game or give you a confirmed Human. Conversely with the same assumption, if you use your power on a Player and a wolfing goes through, the Player you used your power on is a confirmed Human.

Town Cop -
The pinnacle Special Role, your job is to seer Wolves and Humans and get the Town to know without outing yourself. Since there's no Godfather or Miller or anything similar in the game, all Green/Innocent/Town results are legitimate, as are Red/Guilty/Mafia results.

It's especially important for you to give out your reads because, if you're killed, the Town is going to look back at them trying to discern whom you seered. Try not to be obvious about your results (e.g. if you're suspicious of someone Day 2 and suddenly drop it Day 3, it starts to become conspicuous that you seered him/her). Instead, if you've made a seering, corroborate your results by looking through the topic and finding reasons for viewing a Player as suspicious or Townie. It's easy to take the lazy route of not explaining in depth since you have extra knowledge (the seer result), but if you want to play the Role well, you need to do some work.

Tracker -
In this setup, your Role is basically a watered down Seer (the only results you'll ever get are "Followed no one" or "Followed [wolfed Player]"). If you target the Wolf sending in the Wolf kill, that Player is a confirmed Wolf. However, if you target the Wolf that didn't send in the kill or a Human Player, you'll get no results.

So basically, if your target followed a Player, he/she's a Wolf and if your target didn't follow a Player, your results don't really tell you anything.

And like the Cop, if you catch a Wolf, don't be obvious about it, but instead make your claim in the topic using evidence, so that it isn't obvious that the primary reason you suspect the Player is through power usage.

Odd Night Bulletproof -
Try to get wolfed during odd Nights idk
I'm being lazy now, sorry.
I suppose this would be a good situation to pretend to be a Special, but I think it could lead to some potential confusion still.

Wolves -

One great thing about this setup is that you can false claim a Role and not be counterclaimed. The only time you will be counterclaimed is if you false claim Role that an actual Special/Power Role knows can't be in the setup.

As an example, let's say that we have setup A, with a Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie, and Vanilla Mafia/Wolf. If the Mafia false claim as the Town Backup, it isn't possible for the Jailkeeper to be completely certain that the Mafia is falseclaiming without a lynch on him/her. You should use this uncertainty to your advantage if possible. This isn't always possible (for example, in setup 1, you can't false claim anything without being counterclaimed or 'proven wrong' based on a past cardflip), but it's something to keep in mind.

That all said, you know that the setup is one of two (as do the Specials), so use this to your advantage in trying to determine what Special(s) is (are) in the game.

Mafia Role Cop -
A very important Role, because you want to eliminate Specials as soon as possible. You might want to try your best to find the Cop (probably the easiest Role in the two setups to slip up) since the Jailkeeper, Town Backup, and Odd-Night Bulletproof don't really have much to slip up on compared to the Cop.

Generally, you're going to want to wolf and seer people you suspect are Specials. Doing so will ensure that you won't need to counterclaim near endgame if you dislike doing so, but it isn't the end of the world if one of the Specials lives to endgame. You might not even need to counterclaim even, but be prepared to do so in a worst case scenario (or if you're just a bold person and like doing so).
Charles, will you make a good post now?
Old 04-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #183
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

trick question, all my posts are good posts
Old 04-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #184
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
trick question, all my posts are good posts
Only person here dumb enough for trick questions is Zenith.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #185
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

xelnya needs to die today
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:19 AM   #186
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
xelnya needs to die today
Not really sure why though, there's no real solid in game argument for me to die today.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:19 AM   #187
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Not really sure why though, there's no real solid in game argument for me to die today.
keep making posts like this and there probably won't be but as it stands you're, imo, the best lynch we could make today
Old 04-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #188
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
keep making posts like this and there probably won't be but as it stands you're, imo, the best lynch we could make today
So wait you think Charles who is literally hasn't even tried to make a reasonably useful move is a worse lynch than me?

In what world does that make sense exactly? I at least am feeling people like Zenith and the just mentioned Charles out.

I thought you wanted to play a serious game here?
Old 04-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #189
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
So wait you think Charles who is literally hasn't even tried to make a reasonably useful move is a worse lynch than me?

In what world does that make sense exactly? I at least am feeling people like Zenith and the just mentioned Charles out.

mashi did say there was some posts coming tomorrow... we'll have to wait till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:37 AM   #190
choof
Banned

Quote:
manti's been truly null the entire game, even though he has only a handful of posts. the fact that he made a post that detailed his thoughts on how roles should be played is null; it could have come from both a townie or a wolf.

you on the other hand, are just digging yourself into a hole by posting this

Quote:
actually, in iso, it looks like you are trying to pocket zenith by making posts such as
Quote:

Also good that you learned from past games supposedly, that makes me feel I am free to go ham on you later should I choose.

I hope you're ready scrub.
[quote=XelNya;4308141]Good. It'll be more fun to have a game where you don't become a mindless fuck.[quote]

Quote:
I do, and I would like to see you lynched today because imo you are actively trying to hold the town back from scumhunting

how does this post
Quote:
Fine then. Let's play this so fucking serious it become mundane and metawhore ridden.
get followed up by this post
Quote:
Well aren't you a little over-eager to suck up?

Zenith
Old 04-26-2015, 12:40 AM   #191
choof
Banned

was your vote on mashi to evoke a reaction or is it because you think mashi is a wolf? what was scummy about mashi's post?
Old 04-26-2015, 01:24 AM   #192
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
was your vote on mashi to evoke a reaction or is it because you think mashi is a wolf? what was scummy about mashi's post?
Mashi is certainly lock cleared to be wolf obviously.

Oh sorry that's my sarcasm again.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:24 AM   #193
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Mashi is certainly lock cleared to be wolf obviously.

Oh sorry that's my sarcasm again.
* I am not actually sorry.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #194
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Storn whatcha thinkin about this poorly executed tunnel?
Old 04-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #195
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

I forgot how to grammar
Old 04-26-2015, 01:37 AM   #196
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

You all suck
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:51 AM   #197
choof
Banned

Quote:
Storn whatcha thinkin about this poorly executed tunnel?
why are you deflecting to a player I believe to be town
storn
Old 04-26-2015, 02:24 AM   #198
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
why are you deflecting to a player I believe to be town
storn
ppssssttt. i think you voted for the wrong name

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 04-26-2015, 02:27 AM   #199
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

also, if someone draws a nice connection to another player and the first one is conveniently found to be a woof. well then.. wouldn't it make sense that second one is also a woof, with D0 woof talk trying to be had.

Side note: it doesn't work when im not actively looking at the forum. i just left the tab open :P

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 04-26-2015, 02:29 AM   #200
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

which a vet player would know that people would think that and therefore try and lean your suspicions to player #2 as well as player #1 even if only Player #1 is woof.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote: