Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #2161
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

Let's see, the only thing Sonic has done is say "Hi", "Hi I'm rereading", said Villager was trying, and posted a... sonic fan art picture. That last point clearly locks him as wolf what human would do that to a fellow human? Makes me sick. But yeah, not much going. Unhelpful human at best so I wouldn't feel terrible lynching him with this lead that we have.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #2162
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yoshi View Post
Let's see, the only thing Sonic has done is say "Hi", "Hi I'm rereading", said Villager was trying, and posted a... sonic fan art picture. That last point clearly locks him as wolf what human would do that to a fellow human? Makes me sick. But yeah, not much going. Unhelpful human at best so I wouldn't feel terrible lynching him with this lead that we have.
Can we be comfortable with this lead? Naive me says yes, even if this direction could very well lead to a dead end. You just sparksnote'd his entire post history, so that's a bit concerning.

We've been predominantly attacking active people, and as they dwindle, there remains the possibility of a wolf lurking way back in the shadows this whole time. *Conspiracy theory again* Sonic hasn't been replaced so he's much busier than he appears hmmmmm~

Sonic, come say hi! You've certainly been around.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #2163
TWG Zelda
FFR Player

Fuck it, sonic
Old 10-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #2164
TWG Charizard
FFR Player

I'm not opposed to lynching Sonic but I'm not convinced that he's our best shot today either. My confidence in Pit being a wolf is beginning to dissipate but I haven't reread anything in the context of Ike's flip yet. Later tonight I plan on going through each of my earlier reads and reevalutating them to see where I'm at now. For the time being though, I'm comfortable with taking Zelda out of my town circle and putting her into neutral until I can examine her case with closer scrutiny.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #2165
TWG Zelda
FFR Player

I've been on your side the entire game, how could you. =,(
Old 10-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #2166
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

ZELDA, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF VILLAGER? caps
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2167
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Going to step back from TWG for a bit. I came down with something last night (night before I start taking the rest of my midterms rip) and I can't think straight. Probs shouldn't be playing TWG then until I can... think... again. IDK maybe a good night's rest will fix me up... kinda banking on that...

Though I will say that I really don't like what Yoshi and Zelda just did.

'ight pce
Old 10-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #2168
TWG Pit
FFR Player

oh Yoshi

kpce i'll be back before eod for sure too even if i'm not better
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #2169
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

Zelda I don't like how you just nonchalantly just gave up on your other suspicions and just hopped on this Sonic train after having a very minuscule side comment to Villager.

Also how many votes for an instalynch? I don't want this day to just end so quickly especially if we're just kicking sonic off the island because of his inactivity. Let's all not just jump on this without a second thought.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #2170
TWG Zelda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG King Dedede View Post
ZELDA, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF VILLAGER? caps
I think he's a wolf, but I get no help. I went with sonic because he's useless, and trying to move the game along.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #2171
TWG Charizard
FFR Player

Okay, I can see the case for Sonic. Consider this: Wii Fit Trainer entered the fray with a joke vote on Sonic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Wii Fit Trainer View Post
Sonic because autism
Wii Fit Trainer was a wolf. Bowser also entered the fray with a joke vote on Sonic for similar reasons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Bowser View Post
sonic because he has the worst fandom BY FAR
This is a vote which Bowser interestingly returns to just before the modkill:

Quote:
a vote for sonic is a vote against this
After the modkill, I place a vote on Sonic because of Wii Fit Trainer's vote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Charizard View Post
Because of this:
But Bowser immediately defends Sonic on the basis that Wii Fit Trainer was stupid but keeps his vote there anyways:

Quote:
wii fit trainer is also dead so who cares about their vote

white_noise.mp3
Quote:
i did have an extra long chili cheese coney tonight tho so maybe i'll keep a vote on sonic just for that
When I ask him to substantiate what he means, he says this:

Quote:
what i mean is that wii fit trainer is/was an idiot and doesn't deserve to be mentioned
Why would Bowser (a wolf) say that what Wii Fit Trainer (also a wolf) said "doesn't deserve to be mentioned?" Is it because my hunch was right?

Similarly, despite having voted for Sonic earlier on, when Bowser returns to the thread later he changes his opinion and attempts to mitigate the effects of Wii Fit Trainer's vote:

Quote:
but for the most part i don't think it's worth looking into sonic atm because a single vote followed by a modkill gives practically no pattern at all. wii fit's "pattern" can be summed up as "ripperino"
Bowser's concern with Sonic is clearly intentional. This, coupled with the fact that Sonic remained UTR until Fox and Bowser were dead and Pikachu was nearing insta, makes me think he's a wolf.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #2172
TWG Kirby
FFR Player

I guess I can go for a Sonic lynch this phase.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #2173
TWG Charizard
FFR Player

Also, while I doubt that both of the remaining wolves would be inactives, DK's posts damn Meta Knight pretty hard.

Mario enters the day with a joke vote on Bowser (a wolf):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mario View Post
IT'SA ME

bowser
DK counters this with a vote against Mario:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Donkey Kong View Post
Mario

I'll never forget what you did to me in the 80's...

Donkey Kong 3 doesn't count though because you weren't in it but goddamn Stanley and his pesticide shooting up my ass...
Adding the pictures and the rambling at the end characterizes DK's play well: it's fluff and it's forced, just like his reaction to the modkill:

Quote:
Also, just noticed that Wii Fit Trainer got modkilled. Nice that a wolf got modkilled hehe. Anyhow, 1 down, and hopefully we get a nice start to the day. But I wonder, who could Wii Fit Trainer have talked to...
I've brought this up as forced tone already, but now that we have another wolf's reaction to compare it to, notice how DK's reaction pairs well with Bowser's:

Quote:
too bad fit trainer wasn't a power role! that would have been way more hilarious (and would have given the village a huge head start but mostly hilarious)
Quote:
kinda neat that we got a kill this early in the game, now day 1 isn't going to be straight shit-posting until eod
Continuing on, when Xiz does a votecount he accidentally counts DK's vote for Mario as a vote for Bowser, a point that DK aims to rectify:

Quote:
Uhh...I voted for Mario...
Quote:
Also, I voted for Mario Xiz...I don't know where that Bowser vote came from...
Of course any player will want to fix Xiz's error regardless of their alignment, but I believe that DK was uneasy with a vote on Bowser. In fact, he even defends Bowser and Pikachu within the course of his ten posts:

Quote:
And I don't feel comfortable about a Pikachu or Bowser lynch at the moment. I'll read through the thread to see if I get something going...
Quote:
"I do not speak English."

Okay...白痴

Can we move on now?
As for who he would be interested in lynching, both of his picks have turned out to be town (although I admit I was wrong on both his picks as well):

Quote:
Anyhow, I'm leaning a bit towards either Mario or Falcon. Gonna look up a few posts by those two and post later.
That was DK's final post before he switched with Meta Knight. Meta Knight has only four posts to go off of, but in two of them he defends himself along with Pikachu in the inactive umbrella and suggests lynching elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Meta Knight View Post
Instead of repeatedly bandwagoning, maybe what we actually need to do is re evaluate everything that has led us to this point so far. Originally many town members were killed during the night or lynched, and recently there has been a fantastic trend of wolf deaths. I believe that we should not compromise that by just assuming us inactives are not paying attention just because we have not posted.
This next post is ambigious so I'm not sure if I would count it as a defense of Pikachu or not, but if it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Meta Knight View Post
So is everyone wanting a Pikachu lynch?
As I said, I'm a little more wary with this read since I can't imagine both wolves being as inactive as Sonic and Meta Knight/DK are, but it's difficult for me to see town in either of them.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #2174
TWG Charizard
FFR Player

I like Kirby, Mega Man, and Villager. I also like Rosalina for advocating as well as being a part of Bowser, Pikachu, and Fox's deaths, but dislike how her wolf read on Fox began because of his hard defense of Mega Man but then when she cleared Mega Man as green for the Bowser stuff her read on Fox stayed the same. She'd probably belong with my weaker town reads (Link and Marth). My neutral category would be Little Mac, Pit, Zelda, Dedede, and Yoshi, while my scum pile is Meta Knight and Sonic until I can look into my neutrals (hopefully Friday, tomorrow is a busy day and I'll likely be restricted to my phone for EOD).
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 PM   #2175
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

LOOKS LIKE THAT'S ONE FROM INSTA, DUE TO SONIC'S PHANTOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Zelda View Post
I think he's a wolf, but I get no help. I went with sonic because he's useless, and trying to move the game along.
WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE OTHER REMAINING WOLF? caps
Old 10-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #2176
TWG Meta Knight
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Charizard View Post
Also, while I doubt that both of the remaining wolves would be inactives, DK's posts damn Meta Knight pretty hard.

Mario enters the day with a joke vote on Bowser (a wolf):

DK counters this with a vote against Mario:

Adding the pictures and the rambling at the end characterizes DK's play well: it's fluff and it's forced, just like his reaction to the modkill:

I've brought this up as forced tone already, but now that we have another wolf's reaction to compare it to, notice how DK's reaction pairs well with Bowser's:

Continuing on, when Xiz does a votecount he accidentally counts DK's vote for Mario as a vote for Bowser, a point that DK aims to rectify:

Of course any player will want to fix Xiz's error regardless of their alignment, but I believe that DK was uneasy with a vote on Bowser. In fact, he even defends Bowser and Pikachu within the course of his ten posts:

As for who he would be interested in lynching, both of his picks have turned out to be town (although I admit I was wrong on both his picks as well):

That was DK's final post before he switched with Meta Knight. Meta Knight has only four posts to go off of, but in two of them he defends himself along with Pikachu in the inactive umbrella and suggests lynching elsewhere:

This next post is ambigious so I'm not sure if I would count it as a defense of Pikachu or not, but if it is...

As I said, I'm a little more wary with this read since I can't imagine both wolves being as inactive as Sonic and Meta Knight/DK are, but it's difficult for me to see town in either of them.
To clarify, I planned on putting a vote on pikachu during that point, but I did not want to fully bandwagon unless I heard a final verdict, however pikachu finished the job himself so it ended up being unnecessary
Old 10-23-2014, 01:48 AM   #2177
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Zelda, I have a strange question for you. Don't take it badly, but I think it will help me read you better.

Why the hell were you so mad at me during the Bowser escapade?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #2178
TWG Link
FFR Player

Sorry for my absence. Didn't have a particularly enjoyable day yesterday and I'm still feeling a bit broody about it. I'll try to get something done tonight as far as reviewing the thread and supplying input goes.

I'm not opposed to a Sonic lynch, but I think there may be better lynches on the table. I feel like Charizard's points on Donkey Kong/Meta Knight are pretty good.
Regarding your worriment regarding both wolves being inactive, I think it's a possibility. It's a lot easier for wolves to pm the host a name than it is to make coherent, townie posts in the thread.

Until I have time to go through the thread though, I'm leaving a vote on Yoshi, as he's one of my main suspicions.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #2179
TWG Zelda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mega Man View Post
Zelda, I have a strange question for you. Don't take it badly, but I think it will help me read you better.

Why the hell were you so mad at me during the Bowser escapade?
Yeah.... about that. While I admit I was soooooooo wrong about the situation, you were potentially going after a role that would benefit town. I was skeptical of that. My bad.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #2180
TWG Zelda
FFR Player

I wouldn't say mad, but I would say compare your read to Ike as mine is to you.
Closed Thread