Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Studio Funding Campaign

inb4 locked/warned for asking for money, but not really asking for money, just awareness that this exists. Bolded text for reference.
Hey guys, I'm really not into this kind of thing, but as of recently, I've really been trying to get better equipment to work with.
It's becoming hard to work with this computer, and I feel dirty using a cracked version of FL Studio, and all these VSTs n shit.

This is just a little thing I don't expect to make too much off of, but I'll also be looking for work so I can reach my goal eventually anyway. I would just like a bit of a boost to help me get to what I need.

INDIEGOGO (under reconstruction)
Share this around, donate, don't do anything, it doesn't matter.
Thanks for at least seeing this text.
Although I'd rather you just shared this around instead of donating.

The money will be spent towards a new computer, a new monitor, new speakers, a microphone, instruments, and anything people suggest that would be useful.

I also want people like Milla, KGZ, uAnimals, and whoever the fuck else goes in here, to help me decide on some stuff to get that would really benefit my creating of a studio.

Bolding + Size to get point across.
I'm not necessarily asking for money, but it would sure as fuck help me get this along faster.

Last edited by Herogashix; 11-23-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Herogashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac
Default Re: Studio Funding Campaign

First of all: I know it's not a lot, but I donated $5 for the cause. I remember what it was like being young and no money for gear.

To answer your big question though, what do you currently own, and how much money are you realistically trying to save up for gear? I can help point you in the right direction after that.
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gluck breh
Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lots of bitches
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven

actually, I meant to put 5700 but I guess I didnt see the mistake until it was too late- I did rough calculations of necessary stuff, and got around 5500 but realized Indiegogo cuts, so I put it higher, but I accidentally swapped the numbers for some reason. I might have just been tired. Kind of a dumb mistake to make.

@zajac, Thanks for that! It came to like, $4.55 after Indiegogo cut.
As much as NECESSARY for the gear. I currently only have a low grade computer that gets 100% cpu in FLS11 with basic necessary stuff, and that is it.

@kgz, spending the money on anything necessary legal-wise. FLS11, VSTs I currently use, non-royalty free sample packs, etc. Along with a new computer to handle what I'm making and plan on making, a new monitor since mine is looking bad right now, and everything else on recording equipment and instruments. I don't really know how to answer much, since I'm kinda having a hard time understanding what I need to get started. I really want to take my music "career" seriously.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

you're still quite young as a producer and while asking for donations is alright, I would suggest showing people you're capable of working with what you've got. (also dude you're 16 asking for 7500$ is really unreasonable haha)

lots of really good composers use these " dirty cracked versions of fl studio" and "vsts and shit" without the use of high end professional equipment. keyword: professional

if you eventually get a lot of recognition and see that people don't mind paying for your music, then I would start investing in some better hardware. as it stands people probably don't see much reason to donate to your cause because they know nothing of you or your music. build up a rep and give them a reason to.

good luck though.

Last edited by kommisar; 11-22-2013 at 11:24 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I don't even think I have 5700$ worth of equipment in my room if you don't count my pianos.

The entirety of my setup was purchased with $2000 max. Your biggest purchase should be a bad ass desktop computer. The rest of the shit doesn't matter if it doesn't run well. Aside from that it's a personal choice thing. I have a ton of pianobased equipment because I play piano. You might get a ton of analog stuff because that's where you lean more (I have no idea).
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
I like it
Housekeeper
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

don't worry about the cracked software thing popular hardstyle producer Headhunterz uses it too
I like it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
- A decent computer
- DAW suite
- Headphones
- Audio speaker monitors
- One screen monitor (I don't have two)
- Midi keyboard (49 key is a workable starting point)
- Audio interface
- Two line (1/4") cables for speakers
- Usb cable for midi

Hone in on these items first that you like and are decent to good quality.
What would that all even come to?
I'm not good at making my own computer, I have no idea what headphones/speaker monitors are good at all, I'm inexperienced with the last 4 dashes, since I've never needed them until now. Suddenly things get complicated when I try to go pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
VSTs should not be an optimal purchase until you have enough savings to do it. There are so many good free plugins and samples out there.
I was looking at a specific set of VST effects I can't get by without.
As well as VSTs I can't live without. Believe me, I don't want to just get shit I won't use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like it View Post
don't worry about the cracked software thing popular hardstyle producer Headhunterz uses it too
Steve Aoki got a huge dick-load of comments on his Sylenth1 crack, and he had to cover for it. Though I doubt I'd be dumb and make videos of how I made stuff, and the making of such, and zoom in on my cracked versions of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
you're still quite young as a producer and while asking for donations is alright, I would suggest showing people you're capable of working with what you've got. (also dude you're 16 asking for 7500$ is really unreasonable haha)

lots of really good composers use these " dirty cracked versions of fl studio" and "vsts and shit" without the use of high end professional equipment. keyword: professional

if you eventually get a lot of recognition and see that people don't mind paying for your music, then I would start investing in some better hardware. as it stands people probably don't see much reason to donate to your cause because they know nothing of you or your music. build up a rep and give them a reason to.

good luck though.
It was meant to be 5700. But that typo tho...
I wouldn't have bothered with this Indiegogo thing if I had a job that payed enough for me to save up easily. But I don't know how long it'll take to find a job that I can save with, since (insert family drama causing money trouble). And I don't plan on RELYING on this. I may just take the campaign down and start a new one with a goal that fits exactly the amount I NEED, since I may have been thinking unrealistically with my calculations and what I may need.

I just need prices for things (and links I guess), and then a reasonable goal. I also need a desk for anything, since I'm working on a table with no room at all. My "Studio" is a fucking trainwreck. I just want to get it on track.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

I Suggest Buying Legitimate Versions Of Windows 7 For Every Laptop
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
KrazyKitsune
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herogashix View Post
I'm not good at making my own computer, I have no idea what headphones/speaker monitors are good at all, I'm inexperienced with the last 4 dashes, since I've never needed them until now.
Do check this out.
KrazyKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herogashix View Post
I'm not good at making my own computer, I have no idea what headphones/speaker monitors are good at all, I'm inexperienced with the last 4 dashes, since I've never needed them until now. Suddenly things get complicated when I try to go pro.
/r/buildapc, /r/buildapcforme, /r/audiophile etc.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

it will be a lot of work and you need to be willing to put in that work too

this is in no way trying to discourage you, but be ready to work a lot. it's a super long road and you need to be persistent and have a very open mind when it comes to composing.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
it will be a lot of work and you need to be willing to put in that work too

this is in no way trying to discourage you, but be ready to work a lot. it's a super long road and you need to be persistent and have a very open mind when it comes to composing.
Aha, I know. I'm always getting discouraged by just looking at FL Studio. It's so menacing now that I'm trying to take it seriously. I've been getting past this slowly, and I'm trying to actually give 100% in all my tracks as of late. It's taken me 3 hours in one sitting to get a little less than a quarter done a track today. I have way too long to go on this though, so if anything, I'll have dedication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKitsune View Post
Do check this out.
Thanks! I was kinda hesitant to trust this since their other videos are either rants or just jokes. But it was actually a bit helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMcKnuckle View Post
Pretty useful, thanks.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #15
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac

Focusrite 2i2 and Samson Resolve 6's to start out with on the sound side of things.

Wanna budget less? $100ish headphones such as Audio Technica M50

Computer will be the most expensive thing when starting out; software don't sweat it. I don't condone using torrents, but hey, pay for it when you DO have the money.

Not sure what your situation is with your family, but if you show a true passion for music all the while being able to be mature and prioritize what's important at your age, such as school, I don't see them not helping you out just as if you wanted to take band or orchestra in school.
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote