Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18
Default Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
pnt, why not look at it this way: Of what purpose, and what gain, would it serve that a green should take the role of another blue (even if there were mistakes in what he claimed)?
People do stupid things to judge reactions in games with out of thread communication. I can remember games where I was green and claimed to be a wolf, and games where I was green and claimed to be blue.

And I would like to clarify what you've put in parentheses there. The mistake was not in what he claimed, Xiz intentionally said he was the Dr Blocker. The mistake was how thesunfan interpreted it.

Quote:
Here are the two possible outcomes that this lynch has given the greens/sandbaggers:

Xiz, if you really and truly were a green, you've royally screwed the humans by killing two roles, both green + blue. That was an extremely stupid mistake that probably cost us the game. The sandbaggers will probably win as they will take advantage of our lynching by killing one of our revealed blues.
It's night 1 so stop acting like the game is over. You know from last game that until it's numerically impossible for the humans to win, there's more than ample opportunity for the humans to make up for any mistakes they've made.

Quote:
If you're red, we've gotten rid a very good role, the MW, with one of our blues in the process. We are now just 3 sandbaggers away from victory, and taking you out of the game, to me, is like taking the Queen in chess.
You also know from last game that it's a mistake for the humans to assume a wolf is dead when there's no proof. If you really think that Xiz is the MW, I probably can't change your opinion by restating what I've already said. But even if you personally think he was, we're much better off if you suspend your disbelief and assume he wasn't. Don't want that queen taking you by surprise.

Quote:
The point is: No vanilla green player takes the role of another blue player unless if they flipped green (which he did) and are the MW.
Once again, he absolutely DID NOT take the role of another blue player. That's the way thesunfan interpreted it, and that interpretation was wrong.

But your last sentence essentially says there's absolutely no chance Xiz was human. First of all that's not true, but like I just said even if you really believe he's a wolf, it's much safer to assume that he was human.