Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #61
JetNet!
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG XCIII ~FFRception~ GAME THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNet! View Post
I also don't need to survive in order to win the game. It may be helpful to figure out the structure of the game if someone else can validate for me that the majority of the players do not need to survive. This will rule out possible backstabbing roles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acicciv View Post
However, the intro-post stated: '4 villains' and '13 non-villains'.
It didn't state that all non-villains are also villagers.
If there are multiple factions, then there will probably be a relatively high need to survive.
Good call. Don't say what I just said there. It will make it easier for villains to target villagers instead of non-villains. Guard me please
Old 04-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #62
Knife92
FFR Player

Actually, there was a 5 hour gap between the time the birdspeak took effect and the time day one began. That is to say, while there was no posting in the thread, something could have happened to engage such a thing. Similar to how to just told me not to discount common knowledge, I'd say not to discount possibilities. It's not much of a hinderance, since we're allowed to find a loophole for it but just speculating.

One thing I'd have to expressly stress against is the deliberate accruing of phantoms. Phantoms lose games for the humans. If I were to make any suggestion I would say we should vote to abstain from a lynch. But starting night 1 with a phantom for each is just not a good idea. Especially considering we have no idea what the game design is. I have a role that alters my vote so I have to assume other such roles may exist, and if that is the case lynches can easily be micro'd to the benefit of whoever so chooses.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #63
JetNet!
FFR Player

I don't think we can vote for abstinence.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #64
JetNet!
FFR Player

Because then, one vote on any player should theoretically overpower 5 votes on abstain. We could just lynch someone randomly. Whatever, I have no further information or contributions to this phase as of right now. I'll give my vote to someone who has any better idea of what the fuck is going on in this game.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #65
InternetFamous
Banned

Good morning players! Couple of clarifications: AIM is not to be used period, and PMs are to be sent on an honour system since there's nothing I can do to stop those, just don't give ur real name or claim something ur not supposed to. Also I had to get and admin to approve all the accounts before they could post, and it looks like they forgot to approve Monk666 so I sent a PM about that. Super sorry Monk.

Also voting for a nolynch is fine, but all you dreamers are acting like you will survive the day

Have fuuuun
Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #66
Acicciv
FFR Player

If we want to make sure nobody gets lynched, we could promise to divide the vote - It is true that votes are easily rigged if you use too many phantom votes, especially if what Knife says about his role is true.

Also, if there is someone with the guardian role, they should choose carefully who to protect.
I think the villains are most likely to murder the most vocal people right now, since they also probably do not have anything else to go on in the beginning of the game. They will probably start by killing someone who is beneficial to the villagers.

If the above is true, the people who are most at risk will be:
NetJet!
Acicciv
Knife92

So, if the game is not too overly divergent from other games, the person with the guardian role should try to protect one of these, if current conditions do not change.

Although it would also be intelligent for them to have one person also be vocal, and try to manipulate the villagers, in which case the most vocal list would have a high chance of having a villain in it. I will leave the nuanced decision to the person with the guardian role, if there is one.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #67
Two Winged Hater
FFR Player

Hey! I'm finally able to post.

Also well, this avatar...could be better but okay.

Now about the roles: I think there is an almost 100% chance of there being, at the very least, a seering (or similar) role, a guarding (or similar) role, and a viging (or a similar) role. I have no idea of the possible modifications the host may have introduced into role types like those, so I'm not getting into that, but I'm almost sure they exist.

I just can't imagine a mystery game without them.

Now about who could die: I don't think that there is any way to predict the Villains' thoughts. After all, we don't know what they can do, NOR we know their objectives. It is possible that their objective may not be killing everybody until there is an even number. Maybe it goes beyond that.

I guess that if their objective is to eliminate player after player after player (and no more), then yes, vocal players...could be targeted. But don't let that make you afraid! I hope that these words (and Acicciv's words) don't strike fear inside your hearts, three talkative players.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #68
Zoshi420
FFR Player

Well this is...interesting to say the least :/ and rip Mames Jay, having to talk like a bird, but at least with Aciccv's translation its easier to understand although I might have to bookmark it in order to see the translation. Oh well, good luck guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #69
HammerKraut
FFR Player

as the others have mentioned, we don't know much of anything as it is only the first night - anybody who votes for somebody will only out themselves. it would likely be the best course of action to wait until the first day, because any powers people have (seer, vigi, guardian, etc) will not yield any results until then.

as it stands, we have no way of knowing who is who, and in fact we don't even know what the roles are (i asked the host about this on aim, he didn't divulge that info on the grounds that it was a component of the game). so i agree - do not make any hasty moves. most of you guys have played before, or at least observed. a night 0 killing is almost always randomly selected, but it does give us the beginnings of a trail to go off of. plus we get the first results of the blues coming in. if you ask me, its best for us to wait until then. even the high-risk people (the ones acicciv pointed out) are no more at risk at this point in the game since nobody, not even the villains have anything to go off of.

voting for a nolynch i suppose
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #70
Acicciv
FFR Player

It might have been a wrong move to imply you are really Monk666. It could be disadvantageous for you later. Unless you have information the rest of us does not, and you are pretending to be him as some kind of gambit, although that is just speculation.

On another note, since I.F. apparantly filled in some of the player spots with 'friends', and he said there is a chance that there are people who have more than one name, I think we should keep in mind the possibility that some of the players have multiple accounts.

There might even be a possibility that one of the villains also has a human account.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #71
Acicciv
FFR Player

The above is a response to TWH. From now on I am going to refresh the page before posting something.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #72
Zoshi420
FFR Player

voting on a no lynch for now I suppose.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #73
JetNet!
FFR Player

Quote:
NetJet!
JetNet!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #74
JetNet!
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Winged Hater View Post
Hey! I'm finally able to post.
Quote:
It might have been a wrong move to imply you are really Monk666.
It can also imply he has attempted to act like bynary fission from the sign up thread. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Wha, it's starting on Thursday? Dammit that's when I'm on campus for most of the day with finals. :X
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #75
JetNet!
FFR Player

Guys! http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Monk666/

Look at his forum posts. He has been posting in the forum but it is invisible to us.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #76
Zoshi420
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNet! View Post
Guys! <link to Monk's profile>

Look at his forum posts. He has been posting in the forum but it is invisible to us.
well that's great ~_~
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #77
Acicciv
FFR Player

Wait, I thought Monk666 was a meta-player name. I must have looked at the wrong list.
If that is the gimmick name, then my thoughts about TWH being Monk666 are probably wrong.

The fact that his history shows he has been posting is most likely because he had not been admin-approved before.
I do not see the function of having his posts be hidden as part of a gimmick right now, since we can freely PM eachother. This is unless other people will be able to see those posts later on, but right now that is just speculation.

If his posts continue to be hidden and it is not fixed by I.F., than that would be an argument that something is indeed going on.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #78
Monk666
FFR Player

Hello, nice to be able to post, now.

I vote for Acicciv, for trying really hard to appear as a villager, I think.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #79
Zoshi420
FFR Player

Quote:
Wait, I thought Monk666 was a meta-player name. I must have looked at the wrong list.
If that is the gimmick name, then my thoughts about TWH being Monk666 are probably wrong.

The fact that his history shows he has been posting is most likely because he had not been admin-approved before.
I do not see the function of having his posts be hidden as part of a gimmick right now, since we can freely PM eachother. This is unless other people will be able to see those posts later on, but right now that is just speculation.

If his posts continue to be hidden and it is not fixed by I.F., than that would be an argument that something is indeed going on.
._. well that's rather unfortunate if that was the case but I just think the admins forgot to make his/her posts visible (which I hope that's the case...)
Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #80
Acicciv
FFR Player

We should try not to base our votes solely on who appears to be the most like a villager. In most cases, they will actually be a villager and you will have to spend the rest of the game trying to survive with one less analytical player and a wasted lynchvote.

Like some others have said, because we do not have any information right now, choosing not to lynch until we gain more information tomorrow will probably work well.
Closed Thread