Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-8-2005, 01:48 PM   #101
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: Suicide

I used to be suicidal. Remember the few months I didn't go to FFR? Yeah. Try looking at the world from a different viewpoint and you'll see how much it makes a difference. Get someone's opinion of how life is, how interesting it is, and exciting, and try it out, then you will change...at least I did.
---
Turns out the reason I was suicidal is not because others were making me feel bad. It was simply because I was putting so much pressure on myself that it seemed like everyone and everything was against me.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2005, 02:08 PM   #102
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

People can try to suicide because of meny thing, or for things. I remember in the biggining of the year my friend started to cut in the girls bathroom because she got regected by some boy in our school. Just when you think it can't any worse... it does. She suddenly started to think everyone hated her. She thought that she had no life, or friends. She wanted to get more attention, and i bet she thought suiciding would be the answer to all the problems. My friend Anna calls me one day and started to panic on the phone "SHE IS GOING TO JUMP SHE IS GOING TO JUMP" until i could calm her down.. 5 min. past. So i finally found out that the girl who wanted to suicide in the "near" future, is now, almost commiting suicide.

How did we stop her from jumping the Teen Center's roof?
I don't remember.
All i know, is that she turned emo.

She had been to the hospital for many times now, for trying to jump at cars while driving...

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #103
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Now, I can see someone with a mental illness commiting suicide and like I wouldnt hold that aganist them but someone that is perfectly normal not even thinking what others have to go though...and how their life can change make that decision and it changes everything. I just dont know what to think about it.
with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball
DDRAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:13 AM   #104
DDR_9-footer
FFR Player

well as said eariler sucide is illegal and to help some1 commit sucide is also illegal most ppl who want to commit sucide just need guideinse(sp?)

I live for Funcannon
DDR_9-footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #105
DDRAngel
FFR Player

guidence... go to school and learn to spell..when you turn 13 come back.
with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball
DDRAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #106
Torlock
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Torlock

Personally, I believe that making suicide illegal is beyond pointless. I've come to the point where I almost did one time. Instead of just doing it all of a sudden I decided to be smart about it. I told myself to wait one more day, and if I came up with no reason to live in 24 hours then I was going to finish it. Well, I thought and thought. Before the 24 hours was up I ended up dating someone. I was hanging out with her, and I realized this was a good reason to hang around. If you want to kill yourself give yourself a day to look for reasons why not to. I'm not necessarily saying that will work, but it worked for me. That could have been pure luck or divine intervention. No way to really know. All I know is that now I'm going to hang in there for the full ride.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:18 AM   #107
emptiness
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to emptiness

If anyone watch Suicide Circle ( japanese flick) get back at me with that...cuz im wierded out. i need some explanation of why ppl would kill themselves over connection with a young pop group.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #108
russell35
FFR Player

suicide is for noobs who cant handle being owndizzled by russ in halo 2....which he will own u in...biyatch

oh i forgot...its also for emos......man i hate emos....and punk rockers.......hate em.....almost as much as i hate emos
russell35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #109
emptiness
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to emptiness

your an idiot...for real...
Old 07-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #110
hatakikakashi
FFR Player

heh heh heh... It's always nice to see your topics go to hell. I leave for a while and look what happens.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #111
natetheffrer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to natetheffrer

anybody remember monoc? he killed himself.

edit: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...rder=0&thold=0
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #112
deposition
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to deposition
Default Re: RE: Re: Suicide

People kill themselves everyday. I dont get what the big deal was for that one person, who noone here knew, that posted here a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry_Kid
its illegal because of putting ppls lives indanger..
Shooting yourself=pulling out a weapon
Cutting yourself=pulling out a weapon
jumping off something=trespassing
Overdosing=DRUGS
Hanging=rope can be considered a weapon
drowning=trespassing
Blunt force to skull=pulling out a weapon..
see a pattern here?
1.) Pulling out a weapon is not illegal

2.) It is illegal to kill yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlock
Personally, I believe that making suicide illegal is beyond pointless. I've come to the point where I almost did one time. Instead of just doing it all of a sudden I decided to be smart about it. I told myself to wait one more day, and if I came up with no reason to live in 24 hours then I was going to finish it. Well, I thought and thought. Before the 24 hours was up I ended up dating someone. I was hanging out with her, and I realized this was a good reason to hang around. If you want to kill yourself give yourself a day to look for reasons why not to. I'm not necessarily saying that will work, but it worked for me. That could have been pure luck or divine intervention. No way to really know. All I know is that now I'm going to hang in there for the full ride.

*Pictures a person about to jump off a bridge, and a cop walks by, notices it, keeps on walking, and thinks "It's ok; noone is doing anything against the law here"*

* Then pictures someone in jail for saving the person about to jump because the person that was about to jump was minding their own buisiness doing nothing illegal and someone comes up and grabs them and bring them away fom the edge of the bridge.*
Old 07-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #113
Torlock
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Torlock
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: Suicide

While that's true, Deposition, I was just saying that it doesn't matter whether it's illegal or not. Because, if you plan on killing yourself you're not going to think I'm not going to do this because it's illegal. They don't plan on failing.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #114
MonkeyFoo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: Suicide

The second installment of Monkeyrant:

Prevention > Reaction: I wonder if there is a way to get less suicides to begin with, like school counseling. Problem with that is, then we would all have to go through it, and be bored in one more class. If it weren't universal, then the people who do go to the counseling would feel worse because people think they want to kill themselves, a bad sign about oneself. Thus, counseling would probably lead to boredom or more suicide, depending on the method of application.

Compare the reasons why murder and suicide are both bad:

Murder:
-somebody else's life is taken from them against their will (like property)
-one less person is able to contribute to society, i.e. work, family and friendship bonds, etc.
-it must say not to kill in religious texts or something

Suicide:
-one less person is able to contribute to society
-i might have missed other stuff... but the one is pretty broad.

I conclude that it makes sense to make suicide illegal an these grounds, however, as Torlock and others have said, illegalizing suicide is next to pointless. The only way that a law against suicide helps is that it gives more of a feeling that society doesn't accept suicide. (unfortunately, this doesn't help with them nonconformist types) It doesn't help with the mentally ill either.

However, it is a bad idea to punish suicide because if you punish a person for an attempted suicide, you only instill in them a greater desire to commit suicide.

I therefore come to the conclusion that suicide should be illegal, but it should never be punished.

PS suicidals are pansies
Old 07-22-2005, 05:08 AM   #115
senate7377
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to senate7377

I think in genereal it shoudl be illegal, not becuase of the "selfish" bandwagon, but consider that when you die, your debt doesnt just dissolve. It gets passed on. Its my personal opinion that those who commit suicide can't really deal with the reality that they've either made for themselves or the reality that they percieve. I won't say that the world is some Bob Ross happy trees and fluffy clouds painting. Its not by any means but you get what you give in everything. I've had a few friends try to commit suicide and they...basically were weak. Theres no real other way to put it. They gave in to a moment of weakness. Its not shameful to be weak in areas, everyone is. However its shameful to be a coward and not face things either you've created for yourself. Everyone to some degree has teh same problems and challenges in life that the next guy does. What makes it truely different is the perspective. You've also got to think about it from the perspective that say a man who is somewhat wealthy and has a good insurance policy, kills himself becuase he knows whatever is about to go down and his family needs the money. The suicide wouldnt be for selfish reasons, but its almost a scam. Currently Life insurance doesnt cover suicide to my knowledge, but if suicide were completely legal, how could they NOT cover it. Somking is bad, but legal and as a result somkers are covered on policy (albeit a higher premium). Anyway, so, you legalize suicide and then we get a small group of individuals who off themselves to better their family, or at least use it as an excuse. Its HIGHLY unlikely that it wouldd happen but these ARE things insurance companies think about (I Used to work for one, they think about some really really outlandish stuff that you'd have the likelyhood of being born with two penises before they happened - like the car insurance company didnt cover meteor damage, or tsunami damage.... we were in MD....yeah lots of tsunamis and meteors there...). Its just to cover their ass though.

HOWEVER COMMA - Those who have terminal illness, I feel shoudl have the option for assisted suicide. I feel that their life offers them nothing in happiness or fulfillment. I'm not saying "OMG you've got cancer, you can now ask to be put euthanized". I'm saying that in situations where there is nothing that can be done, and all thats left os to be left to waste away. Like, if Terry Schavio was in a vegatative state and was just quadrapalegic, suddenly snapped out of it and asked to be put down before going back to being a bed veggie - She should then be put down. It sounds harsh in those terms and like I have no compassion. I do, it hurts to think about putting a loved one down, or to pull their plug. I've been there. Not the responible party in it, but that didnt make it hurt any less.

So, then should it be taken upon society to"fix" these problems? Probably, but again, not likely. A lot of the social youth are caring people and up until they get to be around...25, unless a hardcore liberal or just one of the very few genuinely careing people out there, stop caring about others. I used to want to save the world nad fix everyones problems. Then one day, I tried...and saved nothing. People will do what people do. Lots of suicide attempts are a cry of help, or so they say. My ex tried to twice while we were together (and no its not cause of me - she was already screwed - zoloft, lithium, paxil...the list goes on...AND she drank too much). She never set it up to actually happen though, just the gestures and cries for help. There are those that are serious about it. I can't understand it at all. I can't say I havent thought baout it, but Im sure EVERYONE has thought about it once or twice. For me, I feared the pain and the failure of it. Then I realized that ... If i could mess the situation up, then you cna fix it. Life has a funny balance like that. If you cant fix it, you probably arent trying hard enough or not asking for the right help.

...But to answer teh question - Yes, it shoudl be legal with strict stipulations. Why is it debateable over the legality of abortion, peoples justice and justifiable homicide, or manslaughter...but suicide is such an openly a black and white case? NAything dealing with the life or death of a fellow human being, I think needs to have the aspects looked at carfully and then a set of rules applied to it. Not everyone will agree with rules put forth, but thats the nice thing about majority rule. Not everyone has to.
senate7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:10 AM   #116
Sera13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sera13 Send a message via Yahoo to Sera13

Ok i am going to go against my own morals and post somthing in this topic.

First i have to say (as many others have stated before) Clinical Depression is not an "all in your head" situation. It is a chemical imbalance in your head. However it is in part, in your head, hints methods of treatment such as therapy. Often if you are able to disscuss the things that make you feel bad, it relives some of the stress levels, Thus your still depressed, however alot less tempted to commit suicide, or if you dont know what it is they will help you find out what things in your life may trigger break downs and over the top reactions. Many times a child will feel like they are being forced into seeing the Therapist and will refuse to speak and further make the problem worse. However more often than not, Those are the attention whore "emo" kids if you should say. They often act out of "no one loves me so ill cut to catch their attention" motives. Most of the time a truely depressed child will accept therapy becuase the recognize that speaking of the problem to anyone who is willing to give some guidance in the situations is often very helpful. However the attention who will boast to everyone about how "depressed they are and how much their life sucks and they hate it and shoudl just end it right there." However most clinically depressed people tend to try and hide their issuse and bottle them up, making it difficult to recognise they need help. Often times, they will become tired of being depressed and will carefully pick some one to reach out to get help from.

Another method of threatment is drugs that are made to balance the chemicals and cuase you to feel better. Sort of "being drugged into a flase reality" type of situation. However in recent studies they have proven that theres a 50% chance the drug with have a reverse affect and instead of healing the victim of this illness, it will simply Drive them into futher depression and often ending in suicide attempts.

You cannot truely understand clinical depression and suicidal thoughs unless your affected by it however. Theres an ovbious diffrence in the though patterns of a clinically depressed person and a mentally health person. that is often and easy way to seperate the attention whores from the victims.

Heres a little back ground I was diagnosed as Manic Deppressive when i was in forth grade, along with several other illnesses as well.. I was placed on medicine which rapidly made the problem increase so they took me back off quickly and tired several others meds. Nothing seemed to do the trick. I also saw the same councilor from forth grade till mid freshman year. In that time i was also court ordered to see other councilors as well so fo a while i was seeing 4 to 5 councilors a week. This only seemed to make things worse and more hectic so that ended I was seeing only my councilor and an In-home family councilor ( i had many family issuses) It seemed most of my problems had rooted back from my father and my childhood which frankly i dont remeber. But when all said and done They couldnt really do anything about my illness. My father refused to accept that his treatment cuase most of my depression, My meds only made me worse, And my councilor finally retired. At this point i Begin to bond with my vice principle and my councilor at my school in te 10th grade. they knew all about me and my past. Throughout that year they called the Deparement of child services and the Deparatment of health serives on my father a total of 3 or 4 times and i was often mssing alot of class to speak with councilors and work out issuse. I was sent home from school twice becuase they felt i was suicidal (which mind you i was but afraid to admit becuase of my father and his reactions to it) I was let back in school and things seemed to go fine. But then a couple days latter one of my friends who had previously stuggled with suicidal thoughts and actions walked up to me and said we needed to talk and dragged me away. As soon as we were alone she asked me to pull up my sleeves becuase some how she knew. as soon as i did she started balling. The night before i had attempted to kill myself. I wasnt just cutting. I has completely mutilated both arms until there was no visible skin from my wrists to my elbows. I broke down right there and told her everything about how i was afraid to get help becuase my father and i knew i needed help and that it was overcoming me, we then turned to the next people who knew me best, my counilor ro vice principle, my mother was called and things worked themselves out, i was sent to the doctor who basically addmited to there was nothing she could do that we hadnt tried before. After many days of talking about everythign that had overcome me and stuff i felt alot better. i also vowed to not try and kill myself anymore. I now am engaged and have big plans for my life but i still find my self often depressed however i am happier than i have ever been as my over all aspect on my life. I will be fighting this illness for the rest of my life. But it is somthing possible to fight with the right amounts of effort and the right people backing you up. My fiance is my savior without a doubt. He will do anything to help me through any situation.

As for if it shoudl be illigal, No. Children who attempt it should not be put in jail that will make thigns worse, they should be helped as much as possible. let the child tell you what they want the more they feel they have control, the more they are comfortable, resulting in quicker progress. I do believe helping some one attempt suicide should be illegal becuase its still assisting a murder.

Quote:
That was just totally pwnd by Sera. Nice.
Sera13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #117
senate7377
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to senate7377

Yes, I understand you think it should be illegalt o assist in a suicide. I used to feel very strongly about that too. One day, I got to watch my grandfather waste away and everyday he'd open his eyes, look at me and say "why can't I just die? I hurt, I miss my wife, I've done all I can do and can no longer contribute to society, but most of all I just hurt...I just hurt...and it never ends." Would it then be more humanitarian to let them suffer the pain and die in pain, remembering only pain in their death simply becuase you find murder and suicide wrong? Again, I think its a case by case issue. The kids who commit suicide - sometimes I want to scoff at them and say they are pussies, but at teh same time I rememebr what it was like walking in t a building of 530 people and only maybe 20 of them knew your name, 10 of which hated you, 5 of which were indifferent and the other 5 would fight for you to the death. I wanst a popular kid, I ran my mouth (big surprise huh?), I talked smack, I got in fights, I was a nerd, I got A's in all AP classes, I graduated at 16... for all intents and purposes, I was...the school dork. I had girls trick me into thinking they wantd to go to prom with me, I had "friends" set me up to get my ass beat in public during lunch. I've had my books stolen, my locker pissed in, I can even tell you what it feels like to be shoved in a 3' X 3' wodden box with 800lbs of free weights on top so that I couldnt get out for 3 hours. Kids are cruel littlebastards and its the reason why I hate the preps and yuppies and the affluent. Where was anyone when all I wanted was someone to care. Thats teh past though, and yes, at times I still deal with that, but it was the driving force behind what I am now. I went on to be Army Military intel, airborne, air assault, completed Sere School I was an Eagle Scout, went through ranger school, trained in sniper school...and for all intents and purposes...am a stereotypical badass with out looking like one. You'd never know it by looking at me that I either was someone who completed any of those things, or endured the pain and anger of those things. It comes down to the ability to handle things. Not everyone is me and not everyone can handle what I did. To be fair, I can't honestly say I can handle the things that some people deal with. I firmly believe that aspects of someones life that suck, do so only because they are the ones living it. You CAN NOT ever truely walk a mile in someones shoes, empathy is a theory only. However, the kids that do off themselves, havent really lived to understand what hate, challenge, ridicule, backstabbing, suffering, poverty, love, hope, fear, accomplishment, success, or compassion are. None of it is clear to them, and its funny that most teens think they really know what they are. I promise you, you don't and if you really honestly do - I'm both sorry and happy for you - you've got an expensive leg up.

Sometimes things just...SNAP in someones mind, like a caged animal with no where to go, but nothing to attack...they mentally just go. I think that the depression isnt so much a way of being upset that things are bad, but more being bad for them. It IS a selfish act to a degree becuase they are only thinking of themselves. The ones that say "oh, I was going to kill myself becuase my family would be better off with out me", are really saying that they feel bad for themselves and in turn suspect that others suffer for their selfishness. I can not speak for everyone, and thats why I feel psychology fails more often than anything else. It was one of my majors in college, until I felt it was a failed science (again a different topic so I wont go on about that, I also majored in Business Law and minored in Art at UNC - but nothing more than an associates in all three, Im going back to school soon though, anyway...)

The adults that commit suicide I honestly feel more often then not are doing it as an escape. The father who commits suicide becuase either his wife leaves him, or becuase he was caught cheating, the released prisoner who served 40 years in prison, or the housewife who ODs on pills becuase she feels like her family is ungrateful. Its an ecapse in my eyes, an understandable one, but one none the less. ALMOST nothing in life is that bad, there is a way to overcome any and every challenge. Being human and subject to my own demons as well, I can think of a few instances that suicide would cross my mind. If say, I came home and I found my wife and son dead... Id kill myself - but not until I went on a man hunt... but when I was done... I'd probably want to go be with them. If say, I was in so much physical pain that it bled into my mental health, I'd ask to be let go. What kind of life is it, if all you do is suffer. Again I dont mean minor and selfcentered pain, but hte kind of pain that circumstance dictates regardless of outcome, is inescapable. If my family were killed, I honestly wouldn't want the pain to end. Id like to have that driving force to compel me to take care of the person responsible (unless it was an honest to God accident, then...thats a different story).

I do not belive that the people attempting sucide should be jailed and agree with Sera on that. It will make it worse. I attended PIW (Psychiatriac Institue of Washington DC for three years from age 10 - 13. During htat time I watch kids go in there, who at first were just crying out for attention and had family communication problems, but after time, felt secluded and it became WHO they were, in the end making it exponentially worse. Locking someone up for that on a minor level isnt going to fix it. It reported that suicide attempts among youth has been on the rise sice the 1960s. Whether or not thats becuase we started to pay more attention attention to that or not is unknown to me, but the report says its been on the rise. Parallel to that, divorce, crime have risen while educational standards, average income in relation to inflation and cost of living, and social moral standards have been on the decline. Could these have anything to do with one another I wonder? Its not really a question that needs to be answerd, becuase the more time you put into that, the less time you have to actually pull someone aside and ask them "how are you?... No, really, I'm interested in you as a person, whats up?" You'd be amazed at teh reaction you get when you add honesty and sincerity to a question. We walk around asking "What can you do for me?", "What do I get from this?", "This benefits me how?" All of these questions have one key word - ME. Its about all I hear from anyone these days. "Blah blah bla-blah blah ME. Blah me, Me Blah me." Do you think maybe its a subconscious cry for honest attention? We pay thousands of dollars for a car that we'll drive for 3 years and thousands more to make it look pretty. We'll pay thousands of dollars on an HD TV, video games, music, clothes, and movies...yet cant pay 5 minutes attention, something virtually free in the way of money - to a damn person around us. What are we? Japan? You want social probelms - go there... we've got it good
senate7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #118
Sera13
FFR Player

oops

Quote:
Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #119
Sera13
FFR Player

This is the major things i saw i wanted to discuss a timy bit further, i may add some more later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senate7377
Yes, I understand you think it should be illegalt o assist in a suicide. I used to feel very strongly about that too. One day, I got to watch my grandfather waste away and everyday he'd open his eyes, look at me and say "why can't I just die? I hurt, I miss my wife, I've done all I can do and can no longer contribute to society, but most of all I just hurt...I just hurt...and it never ends." Would it then be more humanitarian to let them suffer the pain and die in pain, remembering only pain in their death simply becuase you find murder and suicide wrong? Again, I think its a case by case issue.
I do not think that Sucide and aiding in suicide is a case by case issue no matter what. Ive seen suffering of people from all ages races and creeds the ones who did not off them selves found to have somthing to go on. It may not be evident or something that is seemingly important at all, but theres always SOMTHING. The ones who did off them selves missed out on so much. After they died the amount of things they had to live for quicly surfaced and it was horrible to think they had NOTHING.

Quote:
The kids who commit suicide - sometimes I want to scoff at them and say they are pussies, but at teh same time I rememebr what it was like walking in t a building of 530 people and only maybe 20 of them knew your name, 10 of which hated you, 5 of which were indifferent and the other 5 would fight for you to the death. I wanst a popular kid, I ran my mouth (big surprise huh?), I talked smack, I got in fights, I was a nerd, I got A's in all AP classes, I graduated at 16...... why I hate the preps and yuppies and the affluent. Where was anyone when all I wanted was someone to care. Thats teh past though, and yes, at times I still deal with that, but it was the driving force behind what I am now.
About scoffing the kids, i wouldnt say thats what i feel.. exacitally.. its more of a "WTF ARE YOU STUPID... LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE GOING FOR YOU.. STOP BEING STUPID.. ILL HELP YOU.." type of thing..

but i feel obligated to offer help and any guidace and can give thats becuase i remeber what it was like to be in their position.. I was over wieght, i was constantly reminded of how fat and ugly i was however looking back i was never fat, just a little chubby, and anything more would have been an exageration and i have always had a pretty face and several other features however i could never see that i only saw fat and ugly as i had been told for years. I started highschool and had never made below a 98 on any school assignment in my life but every one still instisted on calling me stupid and a slacker that got into my head and at the end of freshman year i was still in all honors classes and such but barley pulling a 2.8 gpa sophmore year i had finally begin the healing process as you should say i was in all honors and AP classes and pulled my gpa to a 3.6 now i am faced with my final year of high school. I have 17 credits already and my junior year starts in 3 weeks i will be in all AP classes and then fluff classes to fill up my free credit spaces. then i will be starting college next fall. It seems as all the kid who were tormented and wanted to off themselves the most were often the ones to turn out best they grow up quicker and get rid of their "rose colored glasses" much quicker than most, In time to acctually make somthign of themselves.

Quote:
It comes down to the ability to handle things. Not everyone is me and not everyone can handle what I did. To be fair, I can't honestly say I can handle the things that some people deal with. I firmly believe that aspects of someones life that suck, do so only because they are the ones living it. You CAN NOT ever truely walk a mile in someones shoes, empathy is a theory only.
so many people are saying things like "I dont see why it so hard for them to deal with it" or " i could make it through that" Every person has a diffrent mind and diffrent mental capasity diffrent emotional levels and many other vital aspects. anyone thing could happen to several diffrent people and it would have just as many diffrent outcomes. I whole heartedly agree with senate when he says "you CAN NOT ever truely walk a mile in someones shoes"

Quote:
However, the kids that do off themselves, havent really lived to understand what hate, challenge, ridicule, backstabbing, suffering, poverty, love, hope, fear, accomplishment, success, or compassion are. None of it is clear to them, and its funny that most teens think they really know what they are. I promise you, you don't and if you really honestly do - I'm both sorry and happy for you - you've got an expensive leg up.

I disagree with this SOME people have been forced through situations that most will NEVER have to deal with. There are so many things many people have done that are true eye openers and often can fully understand the concepts of many of those things at a much younger age than i feel like it fair to them. Realty can be cruel.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #120
Sera13
FFR Player

This is the major things i saw i wanted to discuss a timy bit further, i may add some more later...

Quote:
Yes, I understand you think it should be illegalt o assist in a suicide. I used to feel very strongly about that too. One day, I got to watch my grandfather waste away and everyday he'd open his eyes, look at me and say "why can't I just die? I hurt, I miss my wife, I've done all I can do and can no longer contribute to society, but most of all I just hurt...I just hurt...and it never ends." Would it then be more humanitarian to let them suffer the pain and die in pain, remembering only pain in their death simply becuase you find murder and suicide wrong? Again, I think its a case by case issue.
I do not think that Sucide and aiding in suicide is a case by case issue no matter what. Ive seen suffering of people from all ages races and creeds the ones who did not off them selves found to have somthing to go on. It may not be evident or something that is seemingly important at all, but theres always SOMTHING. The ones who did off them selves missed out on so much. After they died the amount of things they had to live for quicly surfaced and it was horrible to think they had NOTHING.

Quote:
The kids who commit suicide - sometimes I want to scoff at them and say they are pussies, but at teh same time I rememebr what it was like walking in t a building of 530 people and only maybe 20 of them knew your name, 10 of which hated you, 5 of which were indifferent and the other 5 would fight for you to the death. I wanst a popular kid, I ran my mouth (big surprise huh?), I talked smack, I got in fights, I was a nerd, I got A's in all AP classes, I graduated at 16...... why I hate the preps and yuppies and the affluent. Where was anyone when all I wanted was someone to care. Thats teh past though, and yes, at times I still deal with that, but it was the driving force behind what I am now.
About scoffing the kids, i wouldnt say thats what i feel.. exacitally.. its more of a "WTF ARE YOU STUPID... LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE GOING FOR YOU.. STOP BEING STUPID.. ILL HELP YOU.." type of thing..

but i feel obligated to offer help and any guidace and can give thats becuase i remeber what it was like to be in their position.. I was over wieght, i was constantly reminded of how fat and ugly i was however looking back i was never fat, just a little chubby, and anything more would have been an exageration and i have always had a pretty face and several other features however i could never see that i only saw fat and ugly as i had been told for years. I started highschool and had never made below a 98 on any school assignment in my life but every one still instisted on calling me stupid and a slacker that got into my head and at the end of freshman year i was still in all honors classes and such but barley pulling a 2.8 gpa sophmore year i had finally begin the healing process as you should say i was in all honors and AP classes and pulled my gpa to a 3.6 now i am faced with my final year of high school. I have 17 credits already and my junior year starts in 3 weeks i will be in all AP classes and then fluff classes to fill up my free credit spaces. then i will be starting college next fall. It seems as all the kid who were tormented and wanted to off themselves the most were often the ones to turn out best they grow up quicker and get rid of their "rose colored glasses" much quicker than most, In time to acctually make somthign of themselves.

Quote:
It comes down to the ability to handle things. Not everyone is me and not everyone can handle what I did. To be fair, I can't honestly say I can handle the things that some people deal with. I firmly believe that aspects of someones life that suck, do so only because they are the ones living it. You CAN NOT ever truely walk a mile in someones shoes, empathy is a theory only.
so many people are saying things like "I dont see why it so hard for them to deal with it" or " i could make it through that" Every person has a diffrent mind and diffrent mental capasity diffrent emotional levels and many other vital aspects. anyone thing could happen to several diffrent people and it would have just as many diffrent outcomes. I whole heartedly agree with senate when he says "you CAN NOT ever truely walk a mile in someones shoes"

Quote:
However, the kids that do off themselves, havent really lived to understand what hate, challenge, ridicule, backstabbing, suffering, poverty, love, hope, fear, accomplishment, success, or compassion are. None of it is clear to them, and its funny that most teens think they really know what they are. I promise you, you don't and if you really honestly do - I'm both sorry and happy for you - you've got an expensive leg up.

I disagree with this SOME people have been forced through situations that most will NEVER have to deal with. There are so many things many people have done that are true eye openers and often can fully understand the concepts of many of those things at a much younger age than i feel like it fair to them. Realty can be cruel.

Quote: