Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #401
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post
Yes, the devoted atheist will never love as much as the devoted theist.

Theist - Love > Science
Atheist - Science > Love
This assumption is complete bogus. What do you even base this on? lol
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #402
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The fact is
No.
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #403
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
You don't know because you have yet to know the love of God. One day you will.
I know you mean well JJTrixX, but please don't preach onto others implying that they don't know any better. We can express our own views, but they're not to be imposed on others like that.

Also, at this point, I'm just going to move the thread to Chit Chat.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #404
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Yes, the devoted atheist will never love as much as the devoted theist.

Theist - Love > Science
Atheist - Science > Love
That's rude to say.
You can't ask someone (theist or atheist) to chose between love or science.

Do you think animals (except the human) are capable of love ? Or anger ? Or happiness ? Do you think they can feel these emotions ?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #405
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
This assumption is complete bogus. What do you even base this on? lol
The truth. If you beleive it not to be true, then explain to me why you think it isn't true?

Interestingly enough, I find that whenever i make a statement that actually makes sense to an atheist, instead of explaining why they disagree, they instantly bash it by saying, "it's bogus" or "that's ridiculous" because it's either that or admitting said truth to be correct, and an atheist will never admit to it because they do not understand love entirely.

"I know you mean well JJTrixX, but please don't preach onto others implying that they don't know any better."

@ bmah: I understand and you are absolutely right but if you are going to take the time to tell me this, then take the time to say this in the countless other instances throughout this thread where someone has "preached onto others implying that they don't know any better." Do not succumb to bias just because the majority of posters in this thread are atheist.

Last edited by JJTrixX; 02-21-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #406
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
The truth. If you beleive it not to be true, then explain to me why you think it isn't true?

Interestingly enough, I find that whenever i make a statement that actually makes sense to an atheist, instead of explaining why they disagree, they instantly bash it by saying, "it's bogus" or "that's ridiculous" because it's either that or admitting said truth to be correct, and an atheist will never admit to it because they do not understand love entirely.
Because atheism has nothing to do with feeling emotions. Just because I'm an atheist, does not mean I am devoid of emotion, which is why it's a bogus assumption. You're sitting on your high horse judging others over what they can and can't feel simply because of a choice of worldview which is completely bigoted. It's far from the truth, and what you said is basically discrimination as well. Gfg mister morality

Last edited by Nullifidian; 02-21-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #407
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper

In the end nothing's going to change unless the person wants to change. Plus Christianity is not against science... Look up AiG or Answers in Genesis.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/ here's a link

Last edited by star reaper; 02-21-2013 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: link
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #408
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yes, star reaper is right, Christianity and science aren't too rival things working in opposition.

JJTrixX, you have been very rude to me several times in this discussion, saying that I have a learning disability, that I live a bleak life with nothing to look forward to besides dying, that I have lied, and now you are saying that I put science before love.

None of these is true, and I don't wish to talk to you anymore.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #409
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Because atheism has nothing to do with feeling emotions. Just because I'm an atheist, does not mean I am devoid of emotion, which is why it's a bogus assumption. You're sitting on your high horse judging others over what they can and can't feel simply because of a choice of worldview which is completely bigoted. It's far from the truth, and what you said is basically discrimination as well. Gfg mister morality
You misunderstood my statement. I didn't say atheists are devoid of emotion. I also didn't say that atheists can not love. I said that atheists do not love as much as a theist does for the very reason that you say, "atheism has nothing to do with feeling emotions."

Let me give you a perfect example: You wouldn't say that you are a better basketball player then "Lebron James". This doesn't mean that you can't pick up a basketball and shoot a fade away 3-pointer. You still have a degree of basketball skill along with the potential to be an even greater basketball player if you continue to practice and learn the ins and outs of the game.

I'm not putting myself on a high horse to judge you. I love you. All I'm doing is sharing with you the word of God, the only true judge. I happen to have more knowledge of the word of God because i have studied the Bible more then you have. Do not let this discourage you or make you feel bad in any way. We are here to have a discussion, it is nothing personal at all. I appreciate the time and opinions of everyone that post in this thread, and I love all of you.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #410
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Do you think animals (except the human) are capable of love ? Or anger ? Or happiness ? Do you think they can feel these emotions ?
If it's not in the bible, it's no use asking.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #411
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

Theists are lebron james of lovin'.

JJ you're comedy gold, dude.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #412
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

I'm atheist because I don't believe in a higher power. I believe I live this life, and I die. That's it. That's all it means. Stop tying in all this other bullcrap about "this is what all atheists think and do and blah blah blah" If anything, we love our life more, we cherish it more, we want to educate more, because we know it's our only chance. Maybe you can step back and stop classifying every single atheist, because you do not personally know every single atheist in the world, so therefore you can not speak for all of them, just as I do not take your word to be that of every person that does believe. Just had to clear that up real quick...
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #413
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
You misunderstood my statement. I didn't say atheists are devoid of emotion. I also didn't say that atheists can not love. I said that atheists do not love as much as a theist does for the very reason that you say, "atheism has nothing to do with feeling emotions."

Let me give you a perfect example: You wouldn't say that you are a better basketball player then "Lebron James". This doesn't mean that you can't pick up a basketball and shoot a fade away 3-pointer. You still have a degree of basketball skill along with the potential to be an even greater basketball player if you continue to practice and learn the ins and outs of the game.

I'm not putting myself on a high horse to judge you. I love you. All I'm doing is sharing with you the word of God, the only true judge. I happen to have more knowledge of the word of God because i have studied the Bible more then you have. Do not let this discourage you or make you feel bad in any way. We are here to have a discussion, it is nothing personal at all. I appreciate the time and opinions of everyone that post in this thread, and I love all of you.
You are so condescending and assumptive it's unbelievable. Atheists can be just as passionate as theists in any subject an atheist would feel a love for. Theism has as much to do with love as atheism. You treat blind faith as if it's a virtue and something to commend, something atheists will never feel, while in reality it's ignorance by choice. Quit saying things about atheists that have nothing to do with atheism. Atheism is the lack of belief in a higher power, and nothing more than that.

And for the record, I attended a Christian school and had plenty of bible classes to go with it.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 02-21-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #414
Bobby Jeffrey Hill
FFR Player

Quote:
I love all of you.
<3 i love you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
this is one of the stupidest things i`ve seen on this site and i`ve read at least 4 posts about not eating gluten from cavernio
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #415
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star reaper View Post
In the end nothing's going to change unless the person wants to change. Plus Christianity is not against science.
This is absolutely correct. People's minds will not change unless they want to change themselves. You can not force anything onto anyone. Like I mentioned before, science exists because of God and no where does God say he is against science.

Many of you are not understanding my meaning when i say:
theists - Love > Science
atheist - Science > Love; so I will explain it in a different way.

God preaches nothing but Love in different ways, shapes, and sizes. Theists who believe in God are constantly reading, understanding, and accepting the word of God. Therefore theists put Love on a higher plane then they put science because Love takes a higher priorety.

Atheists, who do not involve emotions(such as love) within thier science, are constantly looking for answers and information based on concrete evidence, facts, and scientific support. Atheists are constantly reading, understanding, and accepting new scientific discoveries. therefore atheists put Science on a higher plane then they put love because Science takes a higher priorety.

But as a Christian or someone who is trying to understand the Christian faith should understand this:

Matthew 22:37, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” It outweighs all other commandments and is a summary of all that God requires of us.

We should love God above everything and everyone else (Matthew 10:37 ). It leads to obeying His other laws (John 14:15 ). Without it, life is empty and religion is worthless. But in loving God, we fulfill our reason for existence. God wants us to love Him with our whole being – from the bottom of our heart to the top of our mind.

Unfortunately, we sinners are “lovers of self, lovers of money, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (2 Timothy 3:2,4). We are guilty of breaking God’s greatest commandment. But God loved us and sent Christ to save us. We can be forgiven by faith in Him. We then show our gratitude by loving Him (Luke 7:47 ). This is how we are able to truly love God. Then we can spend all eternity loving God and being loved by Him.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #416
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

Did you even read the two posts before yours where it states that the only thing that makes an atheist is a lack of belief in a higher power? Also you seemed to miss where i ASKED YOU not to generalize every single atheist.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #417
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

I guess yeah my love for science is greater than my love for god. Sounds about right.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #418
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

I'm seriously interested in seeing how long this thread goes on.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #419
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! View Post
I'm seriously interested in seeing how long this thread goes on.
I think it should just be locked right now. Any thread about personal beliefs shouldn't even exist cause you're always going to have person A vs. person B which could theoretically go on forever.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #420
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

2 things about this thread:

1. this is obviously JJ's first religion topic so yeah he's doing an incredible job at being trollbait

2. dorby how can you have a good taste in music and still be clinically retarded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Going back to the whole "mormonism is the craziest 1 of them all", I always find this really funny when people say this as if it strengthens any sort of argument. As an agnostic and ex mormon having been raised and gone through it all and currently living with my devout family members, i must say i have never witnessed a more cohesive element in any sort of family i have ever encountered. My family is the shit and we have all grown to respect and understand each other in ways more accepting than you would find in practically any other sect of christianity or even non religious. Although each case is circumstantial, regarding this topic specifically people just don't know what the fuck they're talking about and follow the stigma like sheep. My point is this basically, i feel that my families religion makes them not feel the need to ask enough questions about the nature of reality and what is and what isn't, and that can at times genuinely frustrate me, but my family stands out, period. In numerous ways i have been complimented by how unique my family operates, and this can most definitely be attributed to the immense focus their religion has on family itself, and quite honestly, i wouldn't trade it for anything. Religion can be a very good thing, and yes, it can be god awful. Accretion, evolution, etc, my parents believe in all of that, they just so happen to believe a god was behind all of it.
my boy