Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #2661
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaru View Post
I have a question! What happens to files that have ratings all over the place?

Got some 8's and 4's :P
We'll see! The final grades will be after all scores are standardized. In regards to acceptance, consider the scores you're seeing now as tentative.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #2662
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

what about my half

7 7 8 8

obviously I'm fixing what was mentioned (to judges, the original sm file had mines during the blank part that said "LETS HAVE SEX OK")
blank part I'm stepping the strings, that little easy part I'm keeping as-is (in terms of layering (or lack of))
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #2663
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

I love kjwkjw so much right now. :')

yay for 2nd file on FFR

7-7-7-7-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #2664
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
what about my half

7 7 8 8

obviously I'm fixing what was mentioned (to judges, the original sm file had mines during the blank part that said "LETS HAVE SEX OK")
blank part I'm stepping the strings, that little easy part I'm keeping as-is (in terms of layering (or lack of))
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
I love kjwkjw so much right now. :')

yay for 2nd file on FFR

7-7-7-7-8
Congrats guys.

I can't say I'm close to happy with a certain review I got, but other than that I think I'm going in the right direction. Hopefully the next batch is the charm right?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #2665
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm ok with most batch notes but I would like to request a second opinion on I Say No, because I feel that that file shouldn't get these kind of ratings. I've had multiple people test the file, respectable simfile artists, and they thoroughly enjoyed the simfile and its structure and even said it was the best out of the batch of files I sent.

Code:
bmah
I Say No / _.Spitfire._
rating: 7/10 [+.]
- I can see that you did a lot to reduce the repetitiveness in the patterns as much as possible, but repetitiveness is something you can't avoid in this song. There are places in which you can still reduce 
repetition via gradual climaxing. In the very beginning for instance, you can start off with jumps on every second 4th note instead of every 4th. You can eventually add jumps to every 4th later on.
- my only problem with this file is that the middle part is too heavily-layered with hands and jumps; you're also probably doing this to keep things interesting, but you should try to -at least- tone down
the section at 114.92-135.85s. Overstepping with jumps reduces the relevency of PR and tends to produce jacky patterns.
- Summary: You cut this song nicely, but you can still do a bit to reduce the repetition. More importantly, the middle needs to be toned down.
I agree with your critiques on repetetiveness and will use some gradual climaxing for parts that you mentioned, but what I don't agree with is the point of hand usage. Imo the hands work perfect as climax theory for this file and I've noticed in your past reviews that you're really biased against hands.

Code:
Niala
I Say No
The file was awesome up until measure 83. After that it was just... blech, if you're going to do that, at least only put the hands on every second quarter note, with the big snare/kick/whatever sound comes, 
not hand-jump-hand-jump. It becomes particularly ridiculous once you add the 16ths. [+.] 6/10
Sounds like personal preference to me

Code:
iironiic
I Say No – 5/10 (Spitfire)
Woah… this file is too overstepped and too repetitive. Way too many hands and jumps to the point where I can’t follow what you are mapping. Sorry, but I say no ;_;
Sounds like personal preference to me on the overstepping. Repetetiveness I can agree to to an extent, but not enough to warrant a 5.
If you can't follow what I'm mapping, I am not sure if that is my simfile's fault...

Honestly, these reviews ooze of hand bias. Hands are not a bad thing, but a few judges treat them as if hands are a big taboo. Some of the most played files on stepmania have tons of hands. The hands are the main concept of I Say No.

Code:
kommi
NaiNai 69 (6/10)

-sync is very late (-.04)
-Pretty simple file to follow. disappointing that you didn't step the whole song though. cut seems too short
The sync issue is probably an issue on your end, because this happened before with a file of mine while it was on sync for everyone else. I hope you didn't deduct points cause of this.

Yeah I would've liked to step the full thing but previous batches I've got lots of shit about it being too long.

Code:
iironiic
Jasmine (Helikaon vs. Ephexis Camelrape Remix) – 6/10 (Spitfire)
File’s a little too repetitive with the JS and the hands in the beginning were a little too much. Not a bad file though!
An 8/10, a 9/10, and a 6. ok
You're awfully strict with ratings even though there are not much problems that you can mention other than personal preference issues, iironiic.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 01-31-2012 at 03:37 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #2666
hi19hi19
lol happy

in case you didnt notice spitfire, judges apparently don't like hands and heavy layering

better add more random difficulty spike and awkward pattern files into the game instead

Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #2667
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have noticed, and I don't agree with it at all. It's stupid lol

Last edited by Nullifidian; 01-31-2012 at 03:43 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #2668
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

why are triples called hands if you press all the buttons with your hands anyway
Old 01-31-2012, 03:44 AM   #2669
Anaru
Banned
FFR Veteran

Tequila (Anaru)

Code:
who_cares973 : (8/10) 
- offset is wrong the notes are early. 34.960 this pattern blows maybe change it to 4[34]4[34] 

samurai7694: (5/10)
- 34.918s, that's a really awkward anchor pattern
- layering is all over the place, didnt really like the second half of the file

kommisar: (8/10)
- Ah man this is too short. Awesome file, sweet accentuation (bedtime story theory ahoy).

kjwkjw: (4/10)
- Two of your own songs for this batch? o.o
- m. 18 - I can see what you did with the layering here, but it'd be better if you emphasized the percussion instead (changing beat 70.75 to a single note, and the next 4 notes [14] jumps).
- Towards the end the chart started getting somewhat repetitive.
- m. 42 - ending this with a quad feels pretty weird.

megamon888: [7/10]
- b30 and 30.5 should be single notes
- b46, b62, b78, b90, b94, 102 should be a jump
- one-handed jumpjack anchors in m17 are a no-no, change it
- missing notes at b107, 135, 163
- good file, feels very-jump heavy though
So I'm sure there has to be more reasons for the file to be dropped to 4/5s besides a really awkward anchor pattern (I'll admit - the pattern is stupid and all the judges note it) and too many jumps..
First off the song isn't fast at all (122 BPM) and 16ths jacks at 122 BPM don't sound too hard.. I don't know what happened but I want to know!

Luis says my layering is all over the place, but kommisar says there's "sweet accentuation" (wtf? contradictions everywhere) etc..
I still don't see why I got a 4 from kjw though :/ Yeah it's repetitive but the song's not even 1:30 long.

Whatever, the judges know better I'm sure. Thanks for the reviews (I wish they were more detailed though!)

Last edited by Anaru; 01-31-2012 at 03:47 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #2670
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
what about my half

7 7 8 8

actually I'm not fixing the blank part because I literally cannot bring myself to put anything there (tried stepping the strings, felt really awkward)

other than that, everything should be fixed. sending fixes whenever I'm able to
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #2671
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
better add more random difficulty spike and awkward pattern files into the game instead
I honestly got a chuckle out of this because I think I just argued this in the blaze chat like an hour or two ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
I have noticed, and I don't agree with it at all. It's stupid lol
And YES. Oh my god **** yes.

I know I've always come off as a hater to you Spitfire, but this is absolutely one of my biggest annoyances with charts as of late (not that I vocalize what I dislike about charts usually.)

And I guess in the interest of being more helpful than snickering in the background and being angry at you...

Wilson when you said "Seems a little overstepped. The quads and hands are really unnecessary in my honest opinion. It’s a great tricky file though, so well done! 6/10"

I will admit this actually pissed me off. I find it absurd that you say it's well done but then pretty much bomb me harshly for what seems like a disagreement in hand/quad usage and it coming off as "slightly overstepped." Also for the record: There's not a single quad in this chart, your neglectful phrasing makes me want assume you didn't look very hard, which with such a large batch I understand, and I do thank you for taking the time to review it don't get me wrong, but it just is frustrating to see such an outrageous mistake. I'd realllllllllllllly like to see you do some actual notes rather than actually just typing an opinion and a score to be honest with you.

I apologize if this comes off as rude and outrageously out of place, but this is just something I would like you to be aware of.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #2672
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

I was ok with my ratings
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #2673
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
I was ok with my ratings
Honestly, me too. They're what I expected.

Not what I wanted, but definitely what I expected.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #2674
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

dont wanna be a dick or anything but thanks for stealing my v2 idea for beethoven virus, takumi000. you're real original

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 01-31-2012, 05:40 AM   #2675
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I would just like to point out that the full name of In flux includes (5 note piano prelude), see this link

.357 Magnum: 8 8 8
In flux (5 note Piano prelude): 8 9 8
Umad: 8 7 9 9 8
Xanthystrauma: 6 6 7 7 8

I hope for the top 3 to pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #2676
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

I am very happy with my low grades, was running out of time with the batch filling up fast (60hr batch LOL), with 3 out of 4 of my upcoming epics not worth rushing, I touched up sections on this purely so I could use it as a re-sub next batch so it doesn't cut into my submission cap ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
starting at 23.944 why did you stop stepping that melody? [8/10]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis
- 23.944s, would be better if the melody was layering in with the percussion kick and snare rhythm as well, it feels empty without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
-This file starts off really great, but then at m14 everything goes to waste. The melody isn't followed and the whole section feels incredibly empty. Just following the bass drum with jumps is a huge waste of potential for this file.
-With the main section fixed this could make an awesome file.
^this is exactly what I wanted to hear guys, that section was blank when jimi closed the batch, but then he extended it by an hour or two, so I busted in this as placeholder notes for a re-sub ;D

Pretty stoked to see some of the reviews on specific files that we shall be hopefully seeing in-game very soon, good job all-round guys!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #2677
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Thanks for the reviews. I was actually gonna lol if Chipscape got accepted for a few reasons but it didn't.

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #2678
VisD
FFR Simfile Author

Wow that's ironic. The file that I threw together in an hour on submission day did the best and the file that I was expecting to have a running shot at getting in just tanked

so anyway

Intensive 1 (lol) 2 3 5 5

wow that 192nd jack

Orange Juice 2 3 6 6 6

haha that's some strong grading diversity...2 and 6

Tomorrow Untrodden 4 5 6 7 7

Nice notes, one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwkjw
A bit iffy about m. 45 on... you seem to step some sounds on and off. Will have to see what the other judges think about it.
It's actually just the dominant keyboard?

Last edited by VisD; 01-31-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #2679
takumi000
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
dont wanna be a dick or anything but thanks for stealing my v2 idea for beethoven virus, takumi000. you're real original
:P

Also this was my rating:
Beethoven Virus v2 - 5 3 7
Cirno's Perfect Math Class - 6 4 ⑨

6th FFR Official Tournament: 1st Place in D1
ScarletSky's Amateur Tournament: 4th Place in D4
7th FFR Official Tournament: Eliminated at Round 5 in D2
Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #2680
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

404th: 8 / 8 / 7

Louder: 8 / 3 / 5 / 2

Pokāmen: 8 / 8 / 8 / 9

I love the 8 and 2 on the same file.

404th did better than I expected. I guess my pattern choice was better this time around.

Can't say I didn't expect that rating I got for louder though. The ending was pretty brutal in terms of patterns and layering.

Pokāmen was a nice surprise. I'm glad people found it as fun as they did.

Also, I need someone to judge the last two since I passed them for being my own files.