Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-1-2011, 01:19 AM   #101
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Autumn 2011 Released

I don't feel like I'll be able to finish all of these :/

quick reviews (all for hardest charts):

A Very Unlikely Occurrence (Rog) [3 charts]
Short and technically solid, but it strangely doesn't feel as accurate. Okay for MA, not a super replayable file.

About Happiness (leonid) [2 charts]
Song sounds like a bms-rip and the file is basically a convert. Jumpstream and the section after are pretty fun, otherwise kinda dumb scoring file.

Adventure Tune (Scintill) [3 charts]
I missed the last quad, thanks a lot. Will AAA/quad soon.

Alien Temple (moches) [2 charts]
n/a

Bokura no 16Bit Wars (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Straightforward but solid file.

Calamity Trigger (Loli Empress) [2 charts]
Pretty fun file. Straightlayering leads to some unsavory freeze overlaps and jacks, but overall it flowed well and followed the instrumentation without losing focus.

Capriccio of my Mind (BeatofIke) [2 charts]
I dig the simplicity of this file, but at times it's too simple (interesting ideas that are repeated ad nauseum). The huge jumpsection is a little strange because the drumbeats are on the 8ths but you're putting all of your jumps on 4ths. Still enjoyable; sync seems to be accurate though the ending's a little off.

CaptivAte2 ~kakusei~ (Rebound) [2 charts]
This is great. Easy but rhythmically interesting with some great mine/minifreeze usage (I'm partial to the piano being accentuated with mines). The much more interesting twin sister of Anisakis.

Complete Darkness (Yume) [3 charts]
The [123] hands are off right away; the chords clearly change every time so it feels weird. The file's nothing we haven't seen before but it's effective for people who enjoy touhou files. I gotta say, the mine section was quite enjoyable before you copy+pasta'd it. If you had ended the song right before the repetition I would have enjoyed it even more.

Croqel Part III (moches) [1 chart]
n/a

Daydream Syndrome (Nick) [5 charts]
I've played this sort of file a million times but somehow these files are always pretty fun. Maybe I'm just a sucker for wap-OST files, I dunno. This has a crisp, clean feel which I like but it isn't always good at keeping consistency/flow with patterns.

Deaf to all but the Song ~ Flower Mix (Kaneh) [2 charts]
Some parts of this ruled but others felt a little awkward (the entire grace note thing just felt like a load of quads). Overall, interesting but weirdly effective.

Distant Folklore Song (Yesssss) [3 charts]
Starts out nicely, then devolves into a total dumpfile (albeit a well-made dumpfile). Standard chart was easier to play; the patterns seem random but it works.

Etude On A Nimbus (wc) [2 charts]
As always, great layering and patterns; limiting yourself to 4keys with piano files does have some drawbacks, but I still felt this was very well-made and really fun.

Eyes of June (leonid) [2 charts]
I'll just say that this is an incredibly original concept and the way it was executed was amazing. While I'm not good enough at memorization to play this, it's a great, great file and you deserve tons of props.

Futari no Manifest (Circle of the afternoon MIX) (bmah) [4 charts]

Houzyou no Miyako Plousia (Yume) [3 charts]

Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou (Yume) [2 charts]
Introduction (LongGone) [2 charts]
No real complaints; short and sweet. Liked your usage of colors a lot (I would have used double freezes for the vocal harmonies, but your method works fine too). An even harder chart working in all of the percussion syncopation in the background would be awesome 8)

Jo (leonid) [2 charts]
The polyrhythms make this file highly replayable. Surprisingly I ended up enjoying this a lot.

Katayoku no Tori (Don) [2 charts]
Kinda reminded me of a Yesssss file at times, hehe. Pretty fun, all in all, with some very good freeze usage to accentuate the instrumentation in this file. There are a few awkward parts (the 32nd burst with a 48th bit at the end, the random color burst, a few of the jacks at the beginning seemed overkill?) but the file works.

Kawaru Mirai (dakemoto) [2 charts]
Hmmm....this is certainy playable and I enjoyed the rhythms you chose to emphasize. On the flipside, once you try to follow more dense areas, the file gets a little sloppy and chopped up. Focus on finding ways to represent multiple layers of the song at once; overall not bad.

Kaze no yo ni honoo no yo ni (Lynn) [1 chart]

Kero Destiny (Niko) [3 charts]

Koisuru Jinzuuriki (aloola) [5 charts]

Last Regrets -Be Vivid Mix- (Detrimentalist & Wineandbread) [2 charts]

Lexus Cyanixs (Choenpam vs Ca25nada vs CanadaKwang vs Dakemoto vs Yume) [5 charts]

Louder [Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix] (megamon88) [3 charts]
The main issue with this file is that it's ridiculously overstuffed. I liked the beginning with the vocal following, but once you got to the meat of the file, those freezes served no purpose other than to clutter up the file more. The mine motifs were a nice touch until you had mines spilling into freezes spilling into jacks into hands into...you get my point. Otherwise, solidly layered and there are parts of this that I really like, so I'll play the Heavy chart later and see if that's any better.

M-A (IcyWorld) [2 charts]
Refraining from judging; I don't have nearly the amount of stamina it would take to enjoy this. In any case, this file is going to live a long, happy life over at the FFR Brag Board.

Machine Gun (16 Bit Remix) (B3nny & Rog) [1 chart]
Mannequin Religion (condoct) [2 charts]
First things first: this file is very sloppy, but there are plenty of good ideas buried in here. I found the file pretty fun, overall; just work on things like freeze placement and pattern consistency.

Mebius (aloola) [3 charts]
Miracle Meets (Gundam-Dude) [3 charts]
Love the song and file; reminds me of an easier Now and Forever at times.

Mirage of the Rain (Gundam-Dude) [3 charts]
Straightforward and very effective. All of the patterns flow very well although they're not specifically pitch relevant (no need in this case).

My Half V2 (Torrent) [2 charts]

Night Falls ~ Evening Star (Kaneh) [2 charts]
Some small aesthetic nitpicks: the effect you used to accentuate the crashes was cool, though at times it felt like overkill (especially when it cluttered up the file a little). The jack leading into a quad was a little awkward, but nothing detrimental. Freezes seemed very long for the sounds they were going to. Otherwise, this was pretty fun.

Night Sakura of Dead Spirits (Niko) [2 charts]

One Reason (Darkcalibur) [2 charts]
Piano Concerto No. 666 ~ Jealousy Fire (Gpop) [4 charts]
PINK DREAM (BEAT CASTLE REMIX) (Condoct & Z18) [2 charts]
Pink Lady (megamon88) [2 charts]
Very fun to hit with some great mine usage. (The one patch that DOESN'T have a note in it was a pretty effective fakeout :P) The freezes are a little long for my taste, but whatevs. Last flourish seemed unnecessary. Overall, I think this is a nice file with some good replay value.

Prayer Song (Sado) [2 charts]
Ray of Thanatos (Yume) [2 charts]
Rinbu Revolution (Sargon) [3 charts]
Scattered Rose (Cloe) [2 charts]
One of my favorite files in the pack, no doubt. The patterns all flowed very well, the mines served their purpose without being intrusive and the little moments in the song were nicely emphasized. This has tons of great ideas and I’ll definitely be playing this again.

Schwarz (Diokatsu) [2 charts]
Shining Days (Darkcalibur) [2 charts]

SHOOT! (Saki) [2 charts]
Spaceman (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Sparrow Head Saki (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Fantastic in every respect.

The first the last (aloola) [5 charts]
The Underground (Torrent) [3 charts]
Wow, why haven’t I thought of this idea before? Very fun file, reminds me of Radical Faith a little. I can see this being polarizing but there’s always the other two charts for that matter. If there’s one complaint it’s that the freezes are a tad overlong.

Trippin' Vibes (Profraine) [3 charts]
Trying to catch all of the nuances in the song worked in some parts; in others it cluttered up the file and confused me as to what you were following. Decent file that could use a little polish.

Try And Follow Me (moches) [3 charts]
n/a (ps. my attempt at old-school)

Vacancy!! (Gundam-Dude) [4 charts]

xfer (Yesssss) [3 charts]

Yukkuri mon de ne Pie Touch (aloola) [3 charts]
I didn't hate this like I expected to. Very simplistic layering concept (seriously, jumps for 4th bass notes with 16th vocals? How new) but it works for this song and I can see people enjoying this.

Yuriyurarara a Yuru Yuri Daijken (Kommisar) [2 charts]
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 01:22 AM   #102
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Refraining from judging; I don't have nearly the amount of stamina it would take to enjoy this. In any case, this file is going to live a long, happy life over at the FFR Brag Board.
LMFAO

Piano Concerto No. 666 ~ Jealousy Fire is a fun file btw, nice work gpop
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 01:36 AM   #103
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

wow, why is literally everyone avoiding my file

Worse than positive or negative feedback is absolutely no feedback.

edit: except AJ and reonid :')

Last edited by bmah; 10-1-2011 at 01:49 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 01:40 AM   #104
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i reviewed yours (o:

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 01:42 AM   #105
moches
FFR Player

I played it and thought it was a lot of fun. The background changes were very well thought-out and although the layering was rigid it wasn't disgustingly hard or anything. It's just that I haven't gotten around to giving it a formal review.
Old 10-1-2011, 03:12 AM   #106
GideonB
FFR Player

I liked Try to Follow Me (a lot), Machine Gun (16-bit Remix) and I haven't got round to playing any of the other (cheers Coursework ya bastard)
GideonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 10:20 AM   #107
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
LMFAO

Piano Concerto No. 666 ~ Jealousy Fire is a fun file btw, nice work gpop
I'm still surprised that I'm getting positive feedback after this file being my...5th ever legit keyboard file ever? :V
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 10:36 AM   #108
Madokidoki
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
wow, why is literally everyone avoiding my file

Worse than positive or negative feedback is absolutely no feedback.

edit: except AJ and reonid :')
Sorry! I just haven't downloaded the patch!

Ok here goes:

File was actually a lot of fun. The steps were already good and though the x-mod wasn't like an absurdly integral part of the song, it definitely added some nice touches (and a few more CBs...). Last chart is a minefield haha. Still, I actually enjoyed it for the steps, not just the x-mod. (8/10)

Now you gotta review Schwarz It has less reviews than even yours did!
Lol that hentai that was posted was the first thing i saw when i woke up

Last edited by Madokidoki; 10-1-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Madokidoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2011, 08:32 AM   #109
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

I finally found some time to play some of these files.

Futari no manifest gets a 10/0.1

That is all.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #110
moches
FFR Player

first of all, I feel like anybody who's planning to step another Woe Is Me song in the future should know about this and act responsibly:

here are my two cents on EVERY SINGLE FILE. collab files have all charts that are not for beginners reviewed.

A Very Unlikely Occurrence (Rog) [3 charts]
Short and technically solid, but it strangely doesn't feel as accurate. Okay for MA, not a super replayable file.

About Happiness (leonid) [2 charts]
Song sounds like a bms-rip and the file is basically a convert. Jumpstream and the section after are pretty fun, otherwise kinda dumb scoring file.

Adventure Tune (Scintill) [3 charts]
I missed the last quad, thanks a lot. Will AAA/quad soon.

Alien Temple (moches) [2 charts]
n/a

Bokura no 16Bit Wars (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Straightforward but solid file.

Calamity Trigger (Loli Empress) [2 charts]
Pretty fun file. Straightlayering leads to some unsavory freeze overlaps and jacks, but overall it flowed well and followed the instrumentation without losing focus.

Capriccio of my Mind (BeatofIke) [2 charts]
I dig the simplicity of this file, but at times it's too simple (interesting ideas that are repeated ad nauseum). The huge jumpsection is a little strange because the drumbeats are on the 8ths but you're putting all of your jumps on 4ths. Still enjoyable; sync seems to be accurate though the ending's a little off.

CaptivAte2 ~kakusei~ (Rebound) [2 charts]
This is great. Easy but rhythmically interesting with some great mine/minifreeze usage (I'm partial to the piano being accentuated with mines). The much more interesting twin sister of Anisakis.

The [123] hands are off right away; the chords clearly change every time so it feels weird. The file's nothing we haven't seen before but it's effective for people who enjoy touhou files. I gotta say, the mine section was quite enjoyable before you copy+pasta'd it. If you had ended the song right before the repetition I would have enjoyed it even more.

Croqel Part III (moches) [1 chart]
n/a

Daydream Syndrome (Nick) [5 charts]
I've played this sort of file a million times but somehow these files are always pretty fun. Maybe I'm just a sucker for wap-OST files, I dunno. This has a crisp, clean feel which I like but it isn't always good at keeping consistency/flow with patterns.

Deaf to all but the Song ~ Flower Mix (Kaneh) [2 charts]
Some parts of this ruled but others felt a little awkward (the entire grace note thing just felt like a load of quads, and what was with that huge one-handed trill?) Overall, interesting but weirdly effective.

Distant Folklore Song (Yesssss) [3 charts]
Starts out nicely, then devolves into a total dumpfile (albeit a well-made dumpfile). Standard chart was easier to play; the patterns seem random but it works.

Etude On A Nimbus (wc) [2 charts]
As always, great layering and patterns; limiting yourself to 4keys with piano files does have some drawbacks, but I still felt this was very well-made and really fun.

Eyes of June (leonid) [2 charts]
I'll just say that this is an incredibly original concept and the way it was executed was amazing. While I'm not good enough at memorization to play this, it's a great, great file and you deserve tons of props.

Futari no Manifest (Circle of the afternoon MIX) (bmah) [4 charts]
Quite fun, though the background changes inflate this score by 1000. Fairly straightforward bmah file otherwise.

Mixed feelings about this file. Good, consistent layering and the usage of freezes was pretty good all in all. I felt that the jacks weren’t very effective: they were difficult to hit and the mines, while well-utilized in general, got excessive towards the end. I also wished that the 16th drum patterns had a bit more structure to them (it felt like you just filled them in). Otherwise, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would and I’d play this again to FC/SDP.

This had a strong central concept but was sloppily executed. There were a few flourishes I dug (the 12th mine trick was O.o) but overall I felt like a better version of this has to exist.

Introduction (LongGone) [2 charts]
No real complaints; short and sweet. Liked your usage of colors a lot (I would have used double freezes for the vocal harmonies, but your method works fine too). An even harder chart working in all of the percussion syncopation in the background would be awesome 8)

Jo (leonid) [2 charts]
The polyrhythms make this file highly replayable. Surprisingly I ended up enjoying this a lot.

Katayoku no Tori (Don) [2 charts]
Kinda reminded me of a Yesssss file at times, hehe. Pretty fun, all in all, with some very good freeze usage to accentuate the instrumentation in this file. There are a few awkward parts (the 32nd burst with a 48th bit at the end, the random color burst, a few of the jacks at the beginning seemed overkill?) but the file works.

Kawaru Mirai (dakemoto) [2 charts]
Hmmm....this is certainy playable and I enjoyed the rhythms you chose to emphasize. On the flipside, once you try to follow more dense areas, the file gets a little sloppy and chopped up. Focus on finding ways to represent multiple layers of the song at once; overall not bad.

Kaze no yo ni honoo no yo ni (Lynn) [1 chart]
So many grace notes, it’s a color rainbow. This was very impressive technically but it’s a marathon so I quit out midway ^^;;

Kero Destiny (Niko) [3 charts]
Hated the song, liked the file. Well-structured and still manages to throw some neat stuff at the player. If there’s one nitpick, the jumpstream with mines everywhere took me by surprise. It gives the file scoring value, but it’s a huge difficulty spike in terms of readability.

Koisuru Jinzuuriki (aloola) [5 charts]
Easy but catchy, with a good climax before winding down. These files aren’t exactly masterpieces of tEchniKAlITY, but if done well they’re great.

Last Regrets -Be Vivid Mix- (Detrimentalist & Wineandbread) [2 charts]
HEAVY: Given how easy the rest of the file is, I’d say you could have toned the longer jacks down to minitrills or something. Would have made the patterns flow more. Otherwise, this is great—very chill without watering the song down.
CHALLENGE: No complaints about this whatsoever. Incredibly fun rhythms, patterns that roll off the fingers perfectly…this is just awesome.

Lexus Cyanixs (Choenpam vs Ca25nada vs CanadaKwang vs Dakemoto vs Yume) [5 charts]
BEGINNER: After my arms died playing the Challenge chart, I found myself without the willpower to play this. I apologize.
HEAVY: Didn’t enjoy too much. Felt overjumped.
CHALLENGE: Awesome and warped; My Future Day on crack.

Side note: the fact that every chart has the piano intro synced differently gave me a good laugh.

Louder [Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix] (megamon88) [3 charts]
The main issue with this file is that it's ridiculously overstuffed. I liked the beginning with the vocal following, but once you got to the meat of the file, those freezes served no purpose other than to clutter up the file more. The mine motifs were a nice touch until you had mines spilling into freezes spilling into jacks into hands into...you get my point. Otherwise, solidly layered and there are parts of this that I really like, so I'll play the Heavy chart later and see if that's any better.

Machine Gun (16 Bit Remix) (B3nny & Rog) [1 chart]
Is this an x-mod file? I played it c-mod and there are tons of notes that are timed incorrectly because of bpm changes. This is an intense scoring file that sometimes crosses over into abrasiveness. Pretty fun.

Mannequin Religion (condoct) [2 charts]
First things first: this file is very sloppy, but there are plenty of good ideas buried in here. I found the file pretty fun, overall; just work on things like freeze placement and pattern consistency.

Mebius (aloola) [3 charts]
Good hand practice for intermediate players but I found this file to be generic. Nothing in here really sparked my interest. I guess it was well-made, so props, but this probably wasn’t the best song choice.

Miracle Meets (Gundam-Dude) [3 charts]
Love the song and file; reminds me of an easier Now and Forever at times.

Mirage of the Rain (Gundam-Dude) [3 charts]
Straightforward and very effective. All of the patterns flow very well although they're not specifically pitch relevant (no need in this case).

My Half V2 (Torrent) [2 charts]
Sorry, but I quit out once I got through all the jacks at the beginning. Besides, your FFRCP version of this file is already so good I don’t need to play through this to validate it.

Night Falls ~ Evening Star (Kaneh) [2 charts]
Some small aesthetic nitpicks: the effect you used to accentuate the crashes was cool, though at times it felt like overkill (especially when it cluttered up the file a little). The jack leading into a quad was a little awkward, but nothing detrimental. Freezes seemed very long for the sounds they were going to. Otherwise, this was pretty fun.

Night Sakura of Dead Spirits (Niko) [2 charts]
Liked this a lot except for the freeze usage, which strangely felt like too little and too much at the same time (I felt like the wrong sounds were emphasized). Otherwise, flows well and is a breezy, enjoyable play.

One Reason (Darkcalibur) [2 charts]
It’s the Japanese version of Linkin Park! Overjumped, overhanded, but some good patterns and the density of the file is offset by the speed of the song. I liked this.

WTF THOSE BOOBS I DON’T EVEN. Regarding the, ahem, actual file at hand, I enjoyed it quite a bit. In this file jumps seem to be used more as emphasis marks instead of actual chords, but that approach works just fine and you handled it very well. If there’s a downside the pattern organization was not as good as I was anticipating, but for a 4key piano file it was passable. Good file that would have been even better had it dug just a little deeper.

PINK DREAM (BEAT CASTLE REMIX) (Condoct & Z18) [2 charts]
MEDIUM: I think this file suffers because of a lack of complexity. Most of the time you’re only following one instrument and just switching it up every time something new comes in. Had this file built to something more substantial, it would have been very effective. As it is, it’s decent beginner fodder and not much more.
HARD: Same issue. It’s a little better at following the multiple layers of the song at once, but the file doesn’t feel very cohesive or progressive overall. The idea to build to the climax with the long jacks was solid, but because there wasn’t anything indicating that build-up it felt unearned. Good attempt, but not nearly as good as it could have been.

Pink Lady (megamon88) [2 charts]
Very fun to hit with some great mine usage. (The one patch that DOESN'T have a note in it was a pretty effective fakeout :P) The freezes are a little long for my taste, but whatevs. Last flourish seemed unnecessary. Overall, I think this is a nice file with some good replay value.

Prayer Song (Sado) [2 charts]
Chaotic file, but quite fun. Just one big issue: there were way, way, WAY too many jumps and hands. Consistency is good but when it starts hurting other parts of the file (flow, density) you need to find a new way to catch everything going on in the file. Still a decent file, so just work on that since I have no major complaints.

Your token boss file, but this does have some pretty good replay value. I’m sorry this is short but I really don’t have much to say about this, heh.

Rinbu Revolution (Sargon) [3 charts]
The flow in this really makes it stand out; parts of this remind me of a Kil file. On the short side but plenty of fun.

Scattered Rose (Cloe) [2 charts]
One of my favorite files in the pack, no doubt. The patterns all flowed very well, the mines served their purpose without being intrusive and the little moments in the song were nicely emphasized. This has tons of great ideas and I’ll definitely be playing this again.

Schwarz (Diokatsu) [2 charts]
Interesting decision to keep this at half BPM, but I felt that it actually worked better. Most of this was solid, especially the slower parts, which were very well done. Just a few thing that left me a little cold: the 32nd triplets seemed overtly simplified since the sound they’re following is doing all sorts of crazy stuff in the background. I would have enjoyed seeing you capture that. Secondly, the freeze usage was a little inconsistent across the board; the beginning utilized differing lengths to great effect, and I’d liked to have seen some more of that. All in all, pretty decent.

Shining Days (Darkcalibur) [2 charts]
Straightforward and fairly well-made, but I’m didn’t feel that your patterns were as representative of the song as you wanted. There were definitely some awkward patches. Fine overall though, liked your freezes.

SHOOT! (Saki) [2 charts]
Perfectly playable file that could use a few aesthetic touchups. Some of the jumpjacks look sloppy, but at this speed they’re hittable and fun. Solid jack usage throughout (especially liked how you accentuated the vocals in the chorus). Patterns are well-organized if a little arbitrary.

Spaceman (Kommisar) [2 charts]
This is easily one of your best files. Creative use of mines and incredibly good patterns throughout. I’m tempted to bitch about the messy vocal freezes in the second dense drum section, but docking points for something so small is dumb. Love this file and will play again.

Sparrow Head Saki (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Fantastic in every respect.

The first the last (aloola) [5 charts]
Feels and plays like 2005, but I like 2005, so this was a welcome surprise. Simple and very fun, and even though the freezes are pretty long they don’t mess with the flow.

The Underground (Torrent) [3 charts]
Wow, why haven’t I thought of this idea before? Very fun file, reminds me of Radical Faith a little. I can see this being polarizing but there’s always the other two charts for that matter. If there’s one complaint it’s that the freezes are a tad overlong.

Trippin' Vibes (Profraine) [3 charts]
Trying to catch all of the nuances in the song worked in some parts; in others it cluttered up the file and confused me as to what you were following. Decent file that could use a little polish.

Try And Follow Me (moches) [3 charts]
n/a (ps. my attempt at old-school)

Vacancy!! (Gundam-Dude) [4 charts]
Typical Patrick Du animu opening file.

xfer (Yesssss) [3 charts]
Challenge is absolutely ridiculous (albeit in a very effective way). I’ll stick to the Heavy chart, but I can’t say that this was bad considering that the file fits very well into its niche. I see tons of people whoring this in the future.

Yukkuri mon de ne Pie Touch (aloola) [3 charts]
I didn't hate this like I expected to. Very simplistic layering concept (seriously, jumps for 4th bass notes with 16th vocals? How new) but it works for this song and I can see people enjoying this.

Yuriyurarara a Yuru Yuri Daijken (Kommisar) [2 charts]
Not a bad file at all; simple if effective steps.

Overall I enjoyed this pack quite a bit; some very good stepartists are stepping up to the plate now. Cannot wait to see what Winter 2011 looks like. Hopefully there'll be less !JAPAN! in the next pack, but what do I know, right?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #111
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
WTF THOSE BOOBS I DON’T EVEN. Regarding the, ahem, actual file at hand, I enjoyed it quite a bit. In this file jumps seem to be used more as emphasis marks instead of actual chords, but that approach works just fine and you handled it very well. If there’s a downside the pattern organization was not as good as I was anticipating, but for a 4key piano file it was passable. Good file that would have been even better had it dug just a little deeper.
It's only been my 5th ever keyboard file ever made :V

So I'll take it as a great file then :V
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #112
moches
FFR Player

For a 5th file that's hella impressive. When I was stepping my 5th file I was learning the joy of copy+paste
Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #113
Profraine
FFR Player

Everyone's playing the oni chart to Trippin' Vibes. sys, but it's a tacked on spread chart. Heavy's the super duper index chart (I swear).
Profraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #114
moches
FFR Player

Noted; will try soon

That'll teach me to always play the hardest chart hehu
Old 10-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #115
Yume_Kuro
FFR Player

Quote:

Mixed feelings about this file. Good, consistent layering and the usage of freezes was pretty good all in all. I felt that the jacks weren’t very effective: they were difficult to hit and the mines, while well-utilized in general, got excessive towards the end. I also wished that the 16th drum patterns had a bit more structure to them (it felt like you just filled them in). Otherwise, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would and I’d play this again to FC/SDP.

This had a strong central concept but was sloppily executed. There were a few flourishes I dug (the 12th mine trick was O.o) but overall I felt like a better version of this has to exist.

BEGINNER: After my arms died playing the Challenge chart, I found myself without the willpower to play this. I apologize.
HEAVY: Didn’t enjoy too much. Felt overjumped.
CHALLENGE: Awesome and warped; My Future Day on crack.

Side note: the fact that every chart has the piano intro synced differently gave me a good laugh.

Your token boss file, but this does have some pretty good replay value. I’m sorry this is short but I really don’t have much to say about this, heh.
Thanks ! You are so cool guy. (all simfiles review 55mi)

<To.햐다인 나름 회심작이였다고 생각했는데 많이 아쉽긴 하네요 ㅎㅎ
다음번엔 좀 더 좋은 심파일로 찾아뵙도록 하겠습니당 ㅎ>
Yume_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #116
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
For a 5th file that's hella impressive. When I was stepping my 5th file I was learning the joy of copy+paste
Yeah I'm just trying to break pad-charting habits and learning patterns still for hands :V (and learning to make keyboard charts quicker...I take hella forever on them x.x)
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #117
Madokidoki
FFR Player

I agree moches, the 32nds were a little simplified looking back and I definitely could've spiced the file up by making it a bit crazier and maybe even more difficult. Thanks for the review! :')
Lol that hentai that was posted was the first thing i saw when i woke up
Madokidoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #118
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume_Kuro View Post
Thanks ! You are so cool guy. (all simfiles review 55mi)

<To.햐다인 나름 회심작이였다고 생각했는데 많이 아쉽긴 하네요 ㅎㅎ
다음번엔 좀 더 좋은 심파일로 찾아뵙도록 하겠습니당 ㅎ>
도움이 되어서 다행이네요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
그러구 너무 실망하지 마세요, 워낙 제가 깔끔한 것에 대해 좀 까칠한 경향이 있습니다 ^^;;
근데 유메님의 파일을 언제나 즐기고 있습니다! 담 번도 기대 할께요

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Yeah I'm just trying to break pad-charting habits and learning patterns still for hands :V (and learning to make keyboard charts quicker...I take hella forever on them x.x)
keep it up, I'm really enjoying your work to date~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madokidoki View Post
I agree moches, the 32nds were a little simplified looking back and I definitely could've spiced the file up by making it a bit crazier and maybe even more difficult. Thanks for the review! :')
glad to be helpful <3
Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #119
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

heads up, next pack I'm enforcing some song choice restrictions

in other words, don't send me japan shit and step different genres dudes

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #120
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

woo
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote