Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-8-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Emithith
FFR Player

Default Re: Touhou

Touhou is awesome, I love the characters and the music.
Bullet Hell shooters are awesome too. I just finished a flash game on Kongregate (All badges) named Bullet Heaven. Check it out if you haven't.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
rulezen
FFR Player

Sorry to dig up an old post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
Bullet Hell shooters are awesome too. I just finished a flash game on Kongregate (All badges) named Bullet Heaven. Check it out if you haven't.
Wait, all badges?? Seriously?
I need an A for the last medal but that thing is impossible!!
I can't get the one for Bonus4 Oblivion.

I'm also missing the die with 666 bullets on screen.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

To anyone complaining that the game is "too easy":

Try to play for score, the game becomes way harder. You have to point blank everything (including bosses), time trance mode correctly, and speedkill as much as possible. It is way more likely you will be hit by a newly spawned enemy than by a bullet.

You know, there needs to be a thread about shmups in general, but then again, it would be overrun with touhou, which I see as nothing compared to some of the masterpieces one can emulate on their PC or get on console (NOT IKARUGA DAMMIT).

Hell, touhou isn't even the best of the doujin scene.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
To anyone complaining that the game is "too easy":

Try to play for score, the game becomes way harder. You have to point blank everything (including bosses), time trance mode correctly, and speedkill as much as possible. It is way more likely you will be hit by a newly spawned enemy than by a bullet.

You know, there needs to be a thread about shmups in general, but then again, it would be overrun with touhou, which I see as nothing compared to some of the masterpieces one can emulate on their PC or get on console (NOT IKARUGA DAMMIT).

Hell, touhou isn't even the best of the doujin scene.
Touhou definitely is easy in general, at least compared to many danmaku games out there like Ikaruga and DonDonPachi. But this is moreso because Touhou tends to lead towards to visuals and memorization-based patterns rather then pure bullet-hell, which makes it stand out from a lot of other danmaku games.

Touhou may not be the best doujin, but it surely is the most popular :P And it contributes one of the best from the fandom itself.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Touhou definitely is easy in general, at least compared to many danmaku games out there like Ikaruga and DonDonPachi. But this is moreso because Touhou tends to lead towards to visuals and memorization-based patterns rather then pure bullet-hell, which makes it stand out from a lot of other danmaku games.

Touhou may not be the best doujin, but it surely is the most popular :P And it contributes one of the best from the fandom itself.
The fandom is the reason I stopped liking touhou.
Now the community is over-saturated with people who claim they are touhou fans, but have never actually played the games.

The memorization thing is true for almost all danmaku, especially for attempted scoring runs. I
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote