Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Re: Maplestory v2

Well, I'm making some more progress as an engie. Made my 2nd job advancement, and I'm enjoying the new skills. Right now I'm concentrating on skilling Atomic Hammer, Heavy Weapon Mastery (believe that's what it's called), and Perfect Armor. At one point I'll work on Mechanics Mastery, and then any other skills as possible.

In terms of skills, I'm finding Atomic Hammer to be a very good mob skill. It has a large AoE, and can also damage flying enemies too. Looks like my best grinding places may involve flying enemies and basically spamming Atomic Hammer within a concentration of such enemies. Heavy Weapons Mastery I'm working on because I use the Gatling Gun more than anything else, so that helps me out wonderfully. Finally, Perfect Armor because it provides a passive guard percentage while reflecting damage when active. Always nice to have.

I'm starting to hit roadblocks in terms of quests; being somewhat anti-social and a die-hard soloist, I don't like having to do quests which involve being in a party. Though, I guess the best I can do is go to Ch. 1 and see if there's anyone around the areas in question so that I can get some of those quests done while I'm within the level limit. And, as usual, will be doing other quests as generally possible.

@Kibblre: I'll check on that; there's probably plenty of NLC quests I can do while in the area, also.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #62
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

Still waiting for ppl to join galicia, whenever we have enough ppl i'll go ahead and make a guild. + Skype calls = win
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #63
IAAW
FFR Player

I would but I don't feel like trying to make a new character after all the progress I've made on my Mechanic. I'd go through a Character Transfer but unless you buy it for me it's not going to happen; I'm not one who does (or is any good at doing) special offers (that, and I don't know how many special offers I need to go through just to get a Character Transfer done). Though, I guess if I make another class character I'll think about making it on Galicia; I've been really enjoying my Mechanic.

(Isn't being unemployed fun? >_>)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #64
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

I would make a Galicia character if I can join you guys there. What are the ign's?
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #65
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
I would make a Galicia character if I can join you guys there. What are the ign's?
Sakish - SMIsaac, Mechulation, PageIV
Me - NotPatashu

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #66
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

All right i'll send a request. My ign is 00Questor
Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #67
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
Another batch of stuff.
The quest I'm referring to is in the clock tower on the far left side of NLC. Take the portals to the top, then once inside navigate to the bottom. Then, talk to the guy.

Oh yeah, also in NLC, take the cab to the haunted house, and go to the far left of the first screen to get to the forest. Then, find money bags on the ground and attack them. They are leprechauns, and give about 1k per kill and 112 exp. I made about 500k in 20 minutes killing them.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #68
IAAW
FFR Player

Thanks for the advice. Trained some more, currently Level 45, yadda yadda yadda...

I really should be grinding but I've been getting quests done. :P
Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #69
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

i just hit 45 as well =D
Mechs are decently fun for the most part
edit: hitting 50 in the next 30 minutes lol

Last edited by chocobothief12; 01-25-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #70
IAAW
FFR Player

Took out that quest for the Glove ATK 60% scroll, sold it for 3.5m since I wasn't aiming for the highest possible price. Was nice, and did a bit of shopping as well. Alright have one piece of the 120 mechanic set on hand, and that only cost 400k or so. I'm keeping an eye on the marketplace to try and locate any more pure gold machine part items for a decently low price. Leprechaun quest was also good, and seems repeatable so I'll be doing it again and again sporadically (i.e., whenever I feel like it). I also got my next lvl 50 pistol from the marketplace as well, once again for an inexpensive price.

Got the last diamond ore I needed as well, so going to be making a diamond and (finally) finishing the Hungry Ronnie quest. Been wanting that bathrobe... :P
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #71
ffraxis
FFR Player

wait till your level 80 for leprechaun quest.

you have to do 3 other quests to get deputy star from lita lawless if you finish them all in one day.

so you need 30 soiled rags from the phantoms, 1 big foot toe, 1 headless head, and 30 lucky charms.

or you can just buy it for 30 mil marketplace.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #72
IAAW
FFR Player

Mmm, I did just fine with the leprechauns, but then again that was the only quest I went and did. But, I'll remember that seeing as I'm probably going to NLC to grind some levels instead of doing quests (probably after finishing the quests I have active). I actually do like the leprechauns, they drop good money pretty steadily, will probably do it again and again at some point, as apparently the leprechaun quest is repeatable. (At least from my perspective, seeing as I was able to activate it again.)

I'm Level 50 now; banked the first piece of my Level 120 Mechanic gear so that I don't accidentally sell it at some point. I also have way too many scrolls on hand right now; I may have to do special offers after all so I can get a NPC shop permit, at least for a little while so I can begin offloading stuff. Maybe at one point the MTS will get working again, since Galicia got their MTS going last maintenance. Really don't feel like waiting a week though. >_>
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #73
Niala
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala

Btw if people have questions I probably know the answers, been playing since before Orbis was released, and still go on regularly.

140 Shadower and 140 BM amongst other 7x babies on Broa, although shortly making a move to Demethos with a couple friends.
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #74
IAAW
FFR Player

Red Envelopes are dropping again, so as usual bring your envelopes to Mr. Moneybags for a random Mesos prize. Or sell them in the marketplace, whatever floats your boat. Turn in enough and you'll be able to get a free cash overall (hangboks) for a month.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #75
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

well i just got back from gamestop. picked up a 10k nexon card and kingdom hearts recoded. i dont know about you guys, but i prefer training with a pet. especially when drops get crowded and you miss out on a potentially good drop hidden in all the junk. making a cake for my grandma at the moment for her birthday and then back to the hardcore grindage.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #76
IAAW
FFR Player

Well, I decided to check out Ludibrium, and man is it different from what I remember it. The layout is generally the same, but the town looks a bit different and the monsters are much stronger than I remember them to be. In short, Ludibrium was my Cleric training place at Level 40 or so, and it got me to level 50. Nowadays, Chronos are around the Level 70-80 range, meaning that that place in particular is probably no longer suited for Cleric training purposes, at least for the Level 30-70 Clerics. The dungeon is also different than I remember it to be; different layout, different monsters. Drakes, all the way!

At this point, I'm level 59 and slowly closing in on 3rd job. I've never had a 3rd job character before; it's going to be much different from what I remember things. And, as before, I am now contemplating making a different class character, which always tends to happen when I get far into the progress of a specific class character. It reminds me of the time I went from bandits to mages and back again (I believe). Speaking of bandits, I could technically start making one as I have a couple of Icicles and a Snowball that I could provide for it. Then again, I'm not going to because I'm going to be trying my best to stick to one class, rather than try to have three different classes at once.

Anyways, going to be checking out Aqua Road this time. Either that or I'm going to go grind Jr. Yetis to see if I can't get them to drop Glove ATK 60% scrolls. Just because. Will probably start working on quests again, too, as I'm starting to get tired of all the grinding. I also seriously need to get some new gear; gonna have to try and do a bit of shopping as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #77
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BIGEZAY

definitely downloading this again :3 i used to play this anyone want to help me lvl up?
BIGEZAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #78
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

@Bigezay: start on galicia and we'll help :3

So who wants some news on the new CS item that just got released in KMS? I know you do..

So here goes

Protect scroll 100%. Costs 5.5k NX in KMS, which means it'll be over 10k NX in GMS, seeing as KMS NX items are so much cheaper than GMS. And guess what these scrolls do? ^_^

Remember all those jokes about Nexon making CS items to prevent blowing up an equip with a Dark scroll/enhance? Well, they've finally done it this time: this is exactly what the newly released protect scrolls do. 100% success rate, meaning if you fail an equip enhance on an item, if you use this barrier scroll, your item won't blow up. The only catch is that this only works till 8th enhance; after that, items can still blow up.

Another CS item, called Lucky day scroll 100% has also been released; they aren't as bad as protect scrolls, but pretty iffy too. They increase the possibility of your scroll working by 10% (e.g. a 60% gfa + lucky day scroll = 70% gfa). They don't work on potential scrolls, or equip enhance though, which is Nexon's way of saying "buy the protect scroll!".
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #79
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Wow! I was just talking about that last night with my guildmates. I was like "You know what? Im going to buy invisible scrolls that dont blow up my items and then im going to make a crazy 200+ atk spear." Then everyone lol'd and told me to wake up. Guess the jokes on them.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #80
IAAW
FFR Player

That's... interesting. Good thing I'm not in it for the money or making powerful items, which is probably what I should be doing if I am to enjoy MapleStory to its fullest. In all honesty, I wish I did start up in Galicia. Mainly lonely and I don't know anyone here who's playing in El Nido. :P