Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-8-2011, 01:19 PM   #101
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: A world without money.

Like I said, you're basically saying if someone is a retarded pigeon who craps on the board instead of actually playing chess, it's okay as long as they're doing so with the actual intent of "engaging in the game" whilst doing so?

Ok there sport

If they're allowed to do this, then my Flat Earth thread should stand unharmed.
Old 01-8-2011, 01:30 PM   #102
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If it shits all over your game and knocks all the pieces over with the intent of playing, yes, it is justified. Your Flat Earth thread was not justified because you're not a retarded pigeon. Hence the locking.

This argument's not going anywhere.
Old 01-8-2011, 01:33 PM   #103
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Shouldn't matter if I am a "retarded pigeon" or not. This is a "Critical Thinking" forum. Shouldn't matter if I "agree" or not.

Being legitimately ignorant / unwilling to listen to reason doesn't grant you free passage to crap on the board.
Old 01-8-2011, 01:36 PM   #104
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You weren't thinking critically, unlike the others. Being more correct doesn't grant you free passage to crap on the board.

edit

Last post.

Last edited by Mulie; 01-8-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-8-2011, 01:39 PM   #105
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sure I was. The same logic invoked in that thread is no different from the logic in this thread "critically speaking." In both cases, it's shitting upon reason.

If people are going to be allowed to shit on reason and ignore counterarguments just because they're either incapable of knowing any better or stubbornly dogmatic, then I should be able to pull the same shit, too.

Honestly, are you really not following this? Further proof that this forum is full of retards.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:06 PM   #106
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Let me spell this out for you then Rubix, since you seem to be misunderstanding on purpose for no good reason.

The economy thread had a number of reasonable concepts being discussed reasonably. One person suggested something very silly and illogical, and the fact that it was silly and illogical was pointed out to them. So far, this is perfectly fine, and how the forum is designed to function.

Then you and they got onto a giant back-and-forth tangent where you became increasingly hostile and trolly/flamey. In the interests of keeping the thread clean, some of the more absurd digressions were deleted.

Even if the other person involved was completely and utterly wrong, and even if you proved that reasonably, rationally, and beyond a shadow of a doubt, that did not give you the right to start throwing insults around, and it didn't give them the right to do the same back.

The point is that if I were to completely delete every post you and they made in the thread on the subject of their credits system, there would still be a thread that still had a valid discussion going on about other possible economic concepts. It was the desire to allow THOSE points to continue to be discussed that resulted in my deleteing posts rather than locking the thread.

Conversely, the Flat Earth thread was, first of all, 100% clearly a trolling thread designed to prove what you -thought- was your point, and second of all, a completely worthless thread that did -not- already have legitimate valid points being discussed at the time it started becoming ridiculous. Thus, rather than delete the meaningless posts (which would have been -all of them-) I locked the thread.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:13 PM   #107
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The economic thread did NOT have reasonable concepts being discussed. It was based around a constant refusal to accept a basic economic premise and then trying to build a bunch of crap off those incorrect premises. It's not an economic debate if you're going to continually hammer absurd nonsense home as your main argument.

If I can't call that "blatant stupidity," then you need to unlock my flat Earth thread.

Even IF this thread were full of insults and if the economic thread were purged/locked/whatever, that's no reason to lock my Earth thread, which was devoid of insults.

You may think the flat Earth points were "invalid and ridiculous," but I am saying that this thread of full of the same shit. Maybe you don't understand economics as well as you might understand that the earth is round, but this thread is full of bullshit and is by no means "critical discussion." If you're going to say flat Earth is meaningless, you have to say the same for this thread.
lol ffr

Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-8-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-8-2011, 02:36 PM   #108
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Just lock this thread and deal with him.

Rubix is doing the very same thing he's arguing shouldn't admitted in this forum. Whether purposely or sincerely, it doesn't matter. I think we've debated this enough.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:39 PM   #109
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You either have to let all bullshit stand or none at all. Simple as that. You can't pick and choose bullshit and then hide it under the guise of "critical thinking" because people don't respond to reason (or because the mod may not understand what is considered a "reasonable economic argument"). You either need to lock crap like this economics thread from the getgo if you're going to do the same to flat earth threads... or you let them both stand.

your failure to actually come up with an argument to address this point more than solidifies what i'm getting at. dodge what you can't address, hammer on irrelevance.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:43 PM   #110
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You say "your bullshit" and "their bullshit" is the same, but it's not. That's the point I was trying to make, but you're making it seem like you disagree. You are also seeming to disagree with Devonin. And we disagree with you (though we're not necessarily on the same agenda).

Now, this isn't going anywhere... So let's see what Devonin does.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:43 PM   #111
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Where you are wrong is that it IS the same bullshit.

"Blah blah! The earth is flat!"
"Blah blah! You can have an economy without money where everything is free and costless!"

Both are TOTAL bunk to anyone with a functioning neocortex. Except the former is somehow worthy of locking over the latter because the mod thinks the latter is "reasonable"? Give me a fucking break and get a real education.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:48 PM   #112
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I tried to argue with you reasonably (though it feels like I was baited)... and I won't speak for Devonin. But I've made my argument, and that argument included a response to the post you just made.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:50 PM   #113
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGArqoF0TpQ
Old 01-8-2011, 02:52 PM   #114
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Rubix's problem is that he was so eager to prove how smart he was and disprove MHSS that he seems to be blind to the fact that OTHER PEOPLE BESIDES HIM WERE TALKING ABOUT THINGS.

If you could be a little less of an egomaniac and realize that the whole thread might have been -hijacked- by you, but wasn't actually -about- you, maybe you'd understand what I'm talking about.

I didn't let the bullshit stand, Rubix. I left the posts you feel were bullshit -AND- your own posts responding to them completely intact except for where you devolved into trolling and bullshit of your own.

I like how you were only too happy for his posts to stay when you were full of self-righteous superiority telling him why he was wrong, but the minute you crossed into the realm of where your posts would also get deleted, you become so indignant on the subject.

I warned you both to stop with the personal attacks, and keep the discussion rational, but once you got into the "You're ignoring what I say, no YOU'RE ignoring what I say!" back-and-forth like 10 year olds, I did my job, and deleted the posts that weren't even pretending to add anything to the discussion.

I really can't stress enough that as soon as any poster feels as though they're talking to a wall, the correct play is to STOP TALKING, not start kicking the wall instead.

Also, thanks for the suggestion that I'm apparantly too stupid to realize that someone's idea is bad, when a) I also posted stating that the idea was bad and b) have repeatedly agreed with you that their idea was bad.

If you think for a moment that my not locking the thread is a sign that I don't think mhss was proposing an idea that was completely non-workable, then you're substantially worse at reading comprehension that I thought. I've only made the explicit statement multiple times.

What you seem to be missing is that in addition to you and Mhss having your slap fight, Dossar was posting, I was posting, even Arch and Justaguy had a few points that were fairly reasonable. Dragon, Cavernio, Waterman, there were like a half dozen people who were also discussing other aspects of the subject who were neither you nor mhss.

At some point it's going to sink in that I left the thread open because people besides you were saying things worth talking about, as much as it appears to gall you to consider.
Old 01-8-2011, 02:54 PM   #115
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Either way, this thread is now well and truly derailed, so I am going to go ahead and lock it. Rubix you can pretend it's because you won an argument and proved that MHHS was suggesting something silly, and we'll forget that we agreed with you on that this whole time.

If you want to keep talking about why you think you're right, you can PM me.
Closed Thread