Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #121
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Token Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Dude, the whole point of interesting skill token requirements is that they do NOT require huge amounts of skill. If you'd have no chance of ever unlocking something unless you're better than I am, you'll have 100 people who go "I could unlock it but boy will it be annoying if I mess up" and 100,000 people who go "this is stupid, I'll never be that good". For the vast majority of people it's not fun or motivating to have a requirement that seems basically unachievable.
True. Just because it is doable by a few people doesn't mean that it should be suggested for a skill token. Passing is a good idea because it takes minimal skill to PASS the songs in itself...BUT the actual chalenge is the amount of time you are devoting to get the token, like EternuS. Passing Blue noah, Blue Army, Blue Violet, Big Blue, and Blue Rose is 2:06 + 6:36 + 5:35 + 6:00 + 1:50 or 22:07 of straight game play. Would be a good challenge skill token for beginners, and might be alright for the pros as playing those songs aern't exactly boring so it might be fair game for both sides of the coin. Would be REALLY sexy if somehow it was set up so that you HAD to play the songs immediately after eachother...like it loaded those levels one after another and just skipped the stats screens.

...maybe options in the engine set up for mods regarding tokens for that...?

Phht AAA pita with the modification "tornado" active to unlock...
Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #122
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

The only problem I see with that time frame is the time it takes to exit back to the song selection screen, pick the song, and for some people, how long it loads.
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #123
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Well now that the credit cap is up to 60 we can do a skill token that requires you to get 60 credits on a song . Not a difficult one at all.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #124
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

i think the people that really care about the skill tokens are the people that are everyday players, or players that are somewhat active. most of the people that have signed up for this site barely play, or ever, and couldn't care less about skill tokens.. i don't think we should really worry so much about if only 100 people could get a token or not.
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #125
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Maybe one for 50 too.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #126
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
i think the people that really care about the skill tokens are the people that are everyday players, or players that are somewhat active. most of the people that have signed up for this site barely play, or ever, and couldn't care less about skill tokens.. i don't think we should really worry so much about if only 100 people could get a token or not.
False. I wasnt involved in the community at all when I joined like 3 years ago but I was a token lover ever since I first joined. I dont even know how I got involved in the community. First thread I ever posted in was a tournament hosted by Izzy and I got my first AAA on Sonic 1 Final Zone or something. A My friends and my brother also go for them but they are not as good.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #127
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

HUR HUR HUR AAA 300 300 times for 3020 v3020
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #128
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
1 person with that unlock right der XD and maybe less.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #129
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
False. I wasnt involved in the community at all when I joined like 3 years ago but I was a token lover ever since I first joined. I dont even know how I got involved in the community. First thread I ever posted in was a tournament hosted by Izzy and I got my first AAA on Sonic 1 Final Zone or something. A My friends and my brother also go for them but they are not as good.
I'm guessing you played a lot though? Or you were at least active, which is what I was saying. I could just about guarantee 95-98% of this site isn't active whatsoever. and about 90% of it never was.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #130
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Would be REALLY sexy if somehow it was set up so that you HAD to play the songs immediately after eachother...like it loaded those levels one after another and just skipped the stats screens.
This would be really cool. I don't know how it could work, but I'd love to have it in place for certain tokens.

I had an idea (hope I didn't post this yet) that would prevent cheating on "do this, then this, etc" type requirements. Basically, whenever you start a song, the engine would tell the site. If you finish the song the replay would look normal, but if you don't finish (you hit refresh, for instance) you'll get a replay that presses nothing and fails when it gets 10 misses. So this way, once you start one of the later songs, you have to go through with it, because refreshing will make the game treat that gameplay as a miss out.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #131
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu

Quote:
I'm guessing you played a lot though? Or you were at least active, which is what I was saying. I could just about guarantee 95-98% of this site isn't active whatsoever. and about 90% of it never was.

If anything atleast have some for both categories though. Dont make them all really hard to get. You need to include everyone.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #132
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
If anything atleast have some for both categories though. Dont make them all really hard to get. You need to include everyone.
Well, yeah, I know. All I'm saying is, nobody should be so worried about whether or not only 100 people could get it. If there's a creative idea, just use it. Don't worry about it.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #133
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

Lightbulb Re: Skill Token Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
This would be really cool. I don't know how it could work, but I'd love to have it in place for certain tokens.

I had an idea (hope I didn't post this yet) that would prevent cheating on "do this, then this, etc" type requirements. Basically, whenever you start a song, the engine would tell the site. If you finish the song the replay would look normal, but if you don't finish (you hit refresh, for instance) you'll get a replay that presses nothing and fails when it gets 10 misses. So this way, once you start one of the later songs, you have to go through with it, because refreshing will make the game treat that gameplay as a miss out.
This Is how many people got melonmans op and the one with the Ronda alla torca

EDIT with how many new people can't aaa excite bike, that should be a skill token requirement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.

Last edited by master q60; 12-22-2010 at 10:33 PM..
master q60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #134
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
I asked LD in prochat a while ago about adding a stat for amount of times aaa'd

Was told it is a stat that they don't keep a track of :/
Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #135
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nois-or-e View Post
I asked LD in prochat a while ago about adding a stat for amount of times aaa'd

Was told it is a stat that they don't keep a track of :/
Guess you'd just have to AAA 300 300 times in a row then
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #136
Tailstail
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, yeah, I know. All I'm saying is, nobody should be so worried about whether or not only 100 people could get it. If there's a creative idea, just use it. Don't worry about it.
Considering we already have a few tokens like this, and one requires you to unlock tokens 1-99 to even get it. I have to agree.

There are a few tokens I don't see me getting in a million years already. Adding more isn't going to kill anyone so long as it's balanced out.

Kind of like adding an easy song for every hard song there is. We don't want the site to only be 8-12 (13...lol) difficulty songs because then you forget about all of the 1-5 difficulty players. Same should apply to tokens.

Also token 100 is just stupid. I'm a token whore but I can never get that goddamn token.
The power of the king will make you lonely indeed. If you are prepared for that, then...

Tailstail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #137
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
But remember, skill tokens also are a good way to make a player feel good about an accomplishment they achieved by awarding them with somethng in return. Having skill tokens that are most likely attainable by those who are newer players will allow for them to feel as though they are doing somethng right while playing, meaning it might hook their interests more to becoming better. While on the same token (punny) having harder tokens that only higher skilled players can achieve can allow for users who are getting interested into the game to set goals to strve to get better. As an example, I used to have a goal set to get [heavy], then [oni], afterwards I'd try for Nanairopanda v2, etc etc. As I got better, I set my goals higher, get more rewards etc. Having tokens only elitests can get is ok in very small numbers...but generally if we start only considering them, then noone will bother to try to get the tokens aside from them, ever.

Having easier tokens can't do this because it isn't like the elitests are going to have a fit about a skill token that takes them 1 try to obtain, so having easier / intermediate tokens as a default is a good thing in my opinion.

Also: Pass 20031023 with a daily grand total of 20,031,023 or higher to unlock: ___________
Old 12-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #138
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

You guys should remember that only a handful of people (<1000) are actually involved in skill token whoring.. if not less than 500.. Hell, I don't even think 90% of FFR players know about skill tokens.. it's really no big deal.

Make uberharddumbashell tokens, doesn't matter.
Make newbie tokens that require an Excite Bike AAA, doesn't matter.

But having more content (aka tokens) = always better.

Imagine if you got tokens for just about everything! 1000 posts, 5000 gameplays, 10000 gameplays, 50000 gameplays, 5 bil points, 10 bil points, etc..
If those tokens were translated into achievement points, then now we have a merits system (sort of) that drives players to not just whore certain songs, but to become a part of the community in general. I can't tell you how many times I've seen good players / dedicated players with less than 5 posts on this forum, if not 0...

So, make achievement points or something that can relate to tokens.. and yeah.

Sorry this was a long random rant but I just got the idea today :O

Last edited by OneHandNow; 12-23-2010 at 03:23 PM..
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #139
Tailstail
FFR Player

That's... pretty much how achievements seem to effect people. :S

After another site I was on added achievements for doing tasks and exploring the site (yep, you sometimes got achievements for just USING A FEATURE ON THE SITE) it promoted a ton of activity and site exploration/usage.

Which also helped find a lot of bugs. XD
The power of the king will make you lonely indeed. If you are prepared for that, then...

Tailstail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #140
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
having more content (aka tokens) = always better.
I agree. We need to get the ball rollin on adding more tokens.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote