Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #41
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Re: Vindictus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIEKEqQl0Y

Karok trailer from the Korean version of Vindictus.

Two words: Holy. ****.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #42
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Just got linked. Looks boss, but we won't be seeing him for a long time.

And as awesome as that smash block is, I doubt he can dodge or even roll. That's probably his only defensive maneuvre..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #43
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
Just got linked. Looks boss, but we won't be seeing him for a long time.

And as awesome as that smash block is, I doubt he can dodge or even roll. That's probably his only defensive maneuvre..
Well, in the case of playing Vindictus I haven't, but whenever Karok comes out for NA Vindictus, I'll definitely have to pick up Vindictus again so I can play as him.

And I do agree on the heavy counter, in terms of balance; since Karok is obviously a big and bulky powerhouse character, it's a pretty good guess that, while Karok will be able to counter heavy attacks from bosses, he will not be able to otherwise defend himself or dodge attacks like Evie, Lann, and Fiona can.

Still, I consider Karok to be a powerhouse character from the teaser trailer, and pretty much a full-on offensive character. But I must say, he definitely looks badass, especially with those times in the trailer where he headbutts a mini-boss fomor and then proceeds to beat the **** of out said fomor with his fists. The backbreaker moment with that vampire was definitely awesome, as well. Hell, everything about Karok sounds awesome.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #44
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I tried to party a couple of days ago and it lagged like hell damn
People are surprisingly bad at dodging in this game, maybe it was the lag?

Anyway that Karok dood looks pretty badass
I like it how he just pulverizes everything (not like everyone can't already do that but) and can just stop a ****ing... mammoth? (et related bosses) LoL
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #45
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I tried to party a couple of days ago and it lagged like hell damn
People are surprisingly bad at dodging in this game, maybe it was the lag?
Connections are P2P with the party leader. Don't ask me why, because I'm not sure myself. In any case, unless your party leader has a good transfer rate you will lag. Quite badly I might add, because latency with Nexon servers is awful in the first place.

Many times have I partied with people only to discover I skipped around for an entire map or my FPS dropped to like 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW
Still, I consider Karok to be a powerhouse character from the teaser trailer, and pretty much a full-on offensive character. But I must say, he definitely looks badass, especially with those times in the trailer where he headbutts a mini-boss fomor and then proceeds to beat the **** of out said fomor with his fists. The backbreaker moment with that vampire was definitely awesome, as well. Hell, everything about Karok sounds awesome.
The spine snap had me in a literal, "OHOHO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT BOIIIIIIIIIIIIII" moment, where I yelled at my monitor for something incredibly badass in an online MMO. Published by Nexon, made by a dev studio under Nexon.

Why can't you snap spines in MapleStory?

Anyway if I were to speculate how the game balance would work (since if Karok was this awesome you'd ignore the other characters, and I doubt Kai will be nearly as impressive in terms of brute strength), he's going to have a lot of defensive issues. No dodge/roll most likely (or a really crappy one like Evie's hop), the smash block will most likely consume a ton of stamina for a mediocre amount of damage and since I figure he can't block or dodge, his other asset will probably be a large HP pool. Other problems I could forsee are problems with him outside of boss fights are issues with his speed. He'll probably run slower, and generally kill mobs slower than anybody else. In a room with a bunch of weak mobs his showy over the top moves will probably become pretty irritating, compared to spear Lann that runs into a room and Hurricane 3690s until everything is dead in 5 seconds. You can't deny how long his grapple moves took and how slowly he was attacking anything.

But this is all speculation on a single video. We'll see how KR players fare with him

Last edited by Xiaounlimited; 11-17-2010 at 09:29 AM..
Xiaounlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #46
Gray Fox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gray Fox

I never played anything mmo related, but this game is fun got into it last week.

Can't really complain since it's free but even so the game is really nice imo.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #47
IAAW
FFR Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjlxzl6TaI

Some Karok gameplay footage from a Lann POV. Also, properly displays the correct and proper way to end a boss battle.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #48
Brycexx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brycexx

definitely playing again when he comes out he looks beastly
Old 11-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #49
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

He'll be so far behind when he finally comes out, lol
Old 11-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #50
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
He'll be so far behind when he finally comes out, lol
Eh, doesn't matter to me; I definitely believe I'd have tons of fun with Karok whenever he comes out. Another thing I'm also waiting for is Vindictus XE; I don't care about how many people hate Vindictus XE and consider it easy mode, I'd have fun jumping around and stringing combos; would be content for me until I either get bored with it or until Karok comes out.

But, more specifically, definitely looking forward to playing as Karok when he comes out in the US.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #51
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

XE looks so boring, how you could have fun like that is beyond me. DMC and GunZ already do it better
Old 11-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #52
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
Figured I'd post about this here MMORPG and try to make a good informative post about the game. Anyways...

http://vindictus.nexon.net

Vindictus is an action-based MMORPG that takes place in the Mabinogi universe, AKA in Erinn, and is built on the Source Engine. Vindictus is known as Mabinogi: Heroes in Korea, and is being developed by DevCat, with Nexon (but of course) hosting the North American version of Mabinogi: Heroes, which in good ol' America it's referred to as Vindictus. The gameplay revolves around characters who have their own skills and assets; each character acts as a class, and each "class" fights differently. Along with that, characters are gender-locked, so if you want a specific class you'll have to deal with being either male or female, depending on the character you chose that fits the gameplay style you are most comfortable with.

Vindictus has currently been through Closed Beta and Early Access Open Beta; I have played in both of these betas. The Open Beta for Vindictus will be opening October 13th; until then, though, here are a couple of random videos I picked out for your viewing pleasure; feel free to browse good ol' YouTube for more Vindictus videos, both from the NA and KA versions of Vindictus.

---

Character Creation - Fiona/Lann
First Look Gameplay From MMOHut
Gnoll Chieftain Boss Battle

---

Post thoughts, opinions, etc.
I've been following this game for quite a while. Well at least before they renamed it to Vindictus. I can't really see myself downloading it though, on a count of it will eat my computer. When I get a new PC I'm looking forward to trying this and C9.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #53
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
XE looks so boring, how you could have fun like that is beyond me. DMC and GunZ already do it better
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, so in the case of Vindictus XE (and pretty much everything else in existence), some people will like it, and some people will not. Also, I've tried GunZ, couldn't really get into it.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #54
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Lol gunz.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #55
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

ITT: We talk about "Vindictus" (aka Mabinogi Heroes, ahem) until Nexon screws everything up. (Nexon NA)

Convince me why I should play "Vindictus" instead of waiting for Blade and Soul. :/
TBH people say it's awesome and stuff but it looks like a generic MMO to me..
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #56
IAAW
FFR Player

Meh, I don't think Nexon will screw it up; I've always considered them a decent gaming company. Then again, I don't know much about Nexon; possibly only the constant conspirators and complainers within Nexon's community truly knows what Nexon is like. (In all honesty, though, all the complaints I've seen have been about the cash shop.)

Vindictus, to me, is a great MMO to consider playing. I wouldn't necessarily consider it awesome, but it definitely does things differently than your typical free-to-play MMO.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #57
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

What are those things that are different? Just wondering.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #58
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

it's not an mmo jesus christ how many times do i have to say it
Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #59
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
it's not an mmo jesus christ how many times do i have to say it
You could say this for the rest of Vindictus' existence; people will still call it an MMO. Even I identify this game as an MMO, and I'm pretty much too arsed to identify it as its "actual" meaning.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #60
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Diablo 2 has never been considered an MMO for the existence of bnet, why does an instanced game like Vindictus all of sudden get that misnomer