Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0
Cool Super Street Fighter 4!

Suppp I'm looking to get serious in SSF4 similar to how I was with the Smash Bros series(read: competitive), I just need a group of people that probably suck aswell or don't suck but are looking to do the same(read: get good). Then it's off to forum traveling and maybe online ladders. But I just need some dudebros on my friendslist that will want to play SSF4 on a given basis.

I'm not that bad at SF but I'm still getting used to playing on arcade sticks so I'm still getting the feel for some basic command inputs.(I did however play TvC only on Stick so I'm not that new) I'll never play another fighter on a controller again haha and I don't feel like picking Shoto characters lol.

I have SSF4 on PS3. If this little group gets rolling we could keep all competitive X360 and PS3 talk in this thread, since the meta game doesn't change but only the players do.

No joke lulz

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo

Last edited by Shamo0; 11-14-2010 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Image
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
C@!
zןnɹ oןos
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to C@!
Default Re: Super Street Fighter 4!

Lol you have 2 TE's? Nice. I am using a HRAP3

Sorry I don't play SSFIV (yet),

but I play a lot of Super Turbo
Old 11-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Shamo0
FFR Player

Yea rocking the TE's lolz. I still feel like I'm better with a controller tho even tho I haven't used one in ages D:

I was thinking about ctuthlu modding one of my PS3 TE's to at least add PC support cuz I was gonna eventually pick up SSF4 for the computer. If I had done more research, I woulda at first bought one X360 TE stick and ctuthlu modded that one so I could have X360, PS3 and PC and GC support all in one glorious fighting pad. lol. I also got the official Tatsunoko vs Capcom pad for the Wii, not really a fan of it tho, just something about my inputs being sent over wireless makes me cringe lol but I suppose it's fine just for some friendliesss.

Before SSF4 I was going to buy Turbo but I decided not too cuz it might interfere with me getting SSF4 launch day.

awesome sig btw lol.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
C@!
zןnɹ oןos
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to C@!

Ah nice. I'm not doing any modding yet to my sticks, cause I don't have the money yet (may do it around christmas lol) but yeah ctuhlu mod is very useful to use so you don't have to bring multiple sticks to tourneys; play with one stick for all games, etc

I have tatsu but unfortunately can't play it for awhile cause my friend is borrowing my wii D:

I am hopefully going to get a ps3 soon (been applying for jobs but still in high school) so if I do get one in the mere future as well as ssfiv I'll contact you

And thanks lol

By the way I have a GGPO if you play there, user is c4lv1n

Last edited by C@!; 11-14-2010 at 01:08 PM..
C@! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Shamo0
FFR Player

Lol a friend is borrowing my Wii too with my copy of TvC. It's been about 2 months now haha. I should probably play that alittle more cuz it seems thats what MvC3 is built off of. With the aerial raids and all that.

Did not know about GGPO till just now, I'll have to check it out, especially since it's dev'd by someone over at SRK.

But yeah def hit me up whenever u get one

Old 11-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Counter Gen and Rush Blanka player here. I haven't played since the summer because I lent my PS3 to the folks, but I've won a couple of tournies around the area. I rock a couple of SEs, which suit my playing just fine.

The competition around these parts are fairly good, as well have quite a few people who watch tournament videos and learn from the best. We actually had a big screen setup with a popcorn machine to watch the various tournaments that led up to EVO.

Honest, I'm surprised at the maturity of the players. It's a really, really friendly environment, as nobody is really an arrogant jackass by claiming to be better than the other, or looking down on others for not being good. To the people who play around here, it's all a learning experience.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

My roommate owns this game. I saw the manual lying around somewhere in our living room. Unfortunately he has it on Xbox 360 and not PS3. I was never really able to get into street fighter for some odd reason (not counting when I was younger). I'm more of a MVC2 kind of guy. If they made Marvel versus Capcom 2 playable online, it would easily become one of the most popular competitive fighting games today. Seeing a game like "Marvel versus DC Comics" would also be jaw dropping.

/end rant.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

MvC2 got re-released this summer via digital download WITH online play. It's still popular, but everybody generally plays Super today.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

@Starshot, yeah.

This is pretty impressive, too. It's just that I prefer the graphics from MVC2 more.

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Last edited by HoneyMelonCalibrator; 11-14-2010 at 04:33 PM..
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote