Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Two Easy, Hilarious Pranks Anyone Could Pull.

In my Electronics course at the Voke I go to, we were bored today with nothing to do. So, we decided to try to figure out how to make some scary popups and shutdown prompts and put them on other unsuspecting people's computers, and pose them as the Internet. I just pulled this on my mom and she has yet to find out... its really funny. Here's how...

*Prank 1
To make a shutdown command look like the Internet, just go to your desktop and right click. Select "New..." and select "Shortcut". In the box that appears, type everything in the brackets. [shutdown -s -t 60 -c "Your message here"] Insert your own message something along the lines of "Virus found. Windows will shut down to prevent damage to the system" in the quotes. By the way, you need those quotes around your message or this won't work. Now, click "Next". Rename the file to "Internet Explorer". Click finish and right click the icon that appeared on your desktop. Go to "Properties" and click the "Change Icon" button. Scoll over to the Internet logo, delete the real shortcut to Internet Explorer, and viola. Windows will display that massage with a timer of 60 seconds and at the end the computer will shut down. If you decide you don't want the computer to turn off, after clicking the shutdown icon go to Command Prompt. type "shutdown -a" and the command will be terminated. Fun to screw with people, isn't it?

*Prank 2
Go to Start. Go to Notepad. Go to File, Save As, name it popup.vbs, and where it says Save As Text Document, scroll down to Save As All Files. Type your messages in the following format:
text1=msgbox("Your Message Here",52,"Your Title Here")
Type the message you want, and type the title you want. You may have as many boxes as you want, just make sure each new line is text2=msgbox..., text3=msgbox..., etc.
There is a reason for the 52. Its a type of window. The 52 window will be a warning box with a Yes or NO option and a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. If you type 16 instead of 52, you will get a warning box with a red X and an OK option. 33 will give you a question mark in a thought bubble with a OK and a CANCEL option. 11 and most other numbers will only be a box with an OK option and no icon. I haven't discovered every box with an icon, so feel free to try other numbers.
Here's what I did...
text1=msgbox("Run 'firefox.exe'?",33,"Run...")
text2=msgbox("Virus detected. Would you like to delete it?",52,"WARNING")
text3=msgbox("Downloading Virus...",16,"WARNING")
text4=msgbox("Installing Virus...",48,"WARNING")
text5=msgbox("Virus detected in System 32 Folder. Attempt to delete?",52,"System32 Infection")
text6=msgbox("Unable to delete. Hard Disk ms0://C will be formatted to prevent damage.",16,"WARNING")
text7=msgbox("Critical failure formatting. Manual flash will commence.",16,"WARNING")
text8=msgbox("Unable to Flash Format Hard Disk ms0://C",48,"WARNING")
text9=msgbox("WARNING! Infected file found. Would you like to delete 'Splashscreen.bat' ?",52,"WARNING")
text10=msgbox("Extracting...",11,"163589425687")
text11=msgbox("Critical failure extracting. Process terminated. File may be unusable or unstable.",16,"WARNING")
text12=msgbox(" ",11," ")
text13=msgbox("Urgent threat found in ms0://C/Hidden Program Files/Recovery_Agent.bot",16,"WARNING")
text14=msgbox("Attempting to delete...",11,"WARNING")
text15=msgbox("Trend Micro Internet Security will now shut down.",33,"WARNING")
text16=msgbox("REGISTRY VALUE ••••• HAS CHANGED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONTINUE?",48,"WARNING")
text17=msgbox("Process terminated by 'aparety.drt' Proceeding to format Hard Disk ms0://C",11,"WARNING")
text18=msgbox("Attempting to format...",11,"Formatting...")
text19=msgbox("Attempting to format...",11,"Formatting...")
text20=msgbox("Attempting to format...",11,"Formatting...")
text21=msgbox("Hard Disk ms0://C has been corrupted.",16,"WARNING")

No matter what you click, whether its an attempt to close the box, Yes, No, Cancel, or Okay, the next window in the sequence will appear.
Its all incredibly funny. I had tons of fun doing this and I think you all will too!
Lemme know what you thought.
NumiGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
norsegod666
Well hello there!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to norsegod666
Default Re: Two Easy, Hilarious Pranks Anyone Could Pull.

I used the first one on my sister before. She flipped out. I got a call and she was crying about a virus. She told me what happened and I couldn't stop laughing. She doesn' let me touch her computer anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
what
how theactual fuck

R YOU SURE YOU CAN"T SEE THIS?
norsegod666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
nuclearsamurai
huehuehue
FFR Veteran

I also admit to doing the first one.

The second one sounds fun, though. I might try it on my brother.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I used to do this at school. I would get on the teacher's laptop, and because it was on a network, I could shutdown anyone in the class's computer. She didn't mind too much because I would shutdown computers, when people were playing games and such. :/

Very fun thing to do. Open cmd, type shutdown -i, and it will open a user friendly shutdown box. You can shut down any computer on your network, as long as you know their computer's name or IP, and you have admin rights, I believe.

Oh, and shutdown -a aborts any shutdown command. So I would advise you do not give too much time for people. Also you can abort a shutdown on someone's computer, similar to the way of shutting down a computer as I mentioned above.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
nuclearsamurai
huehuehue
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
Very fun thing to do. Open cmd, type shutdown -i, and it will open a user friendly shutdown box. You can shut down any computer on your network, as long as you know their computer's name or IP, and you have admin rights, I believe.
Holy ****, you're lucky. The computers at my school block access to cmd, so I can't do this.

Edit: oh hay, I can do this to my mom's boyfriend. Yay for routers telling me who's on with IPs and all.

Last edited by nuclearsamurai; 06-11-2009 at 04:33 PM..
nuclearsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote