Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #121
kirjautunut
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to kirjautunut
Default Re: Final Fantasy?

I have played all of the FF games, except FFXI.

FFVII: This game was probably the best FF game, if we don't count battle system, summons, and those f****** chocobos. It has the best design from FF series. Yuffie, Cloud, Sephiroth and Tifa. <3 I have played this game through about 20 times.

FFVIII: I didn't like this. There wasn't anything good in this game except Zell, Seifer and Squall. Junctions are b*lls*it, drawing magic is like throwing your life a away little by little.. etc. This one i played through three times.

FFIX: This one were good. Except my disc 3 isn't working no more, so i cannot play it Storyline were really good, and i loved that card game even it is little hard to understand. Amarant were though guy lol XD This one i have played through about umm... 37 times?

FFX: First, when i tried it, it was really weird to see such graphics and i was like wtf what should i do now. There was some good action, some bad. I think Auron were the best character of them. Two times.

FFX-2: This one were girl power. Don't remember much of this game, i did finish this once. Paine.<3

FFXII: I'm not sure was it good or not. There was annoying battle with that Yiazmat, i really did beat all of his 50,000,000hp. It took about 7hours with low levels. The storyline is really long, and i liked it anyways. Those hunts were sometimes annoying to do, because to find them took much of time, and then to kill them took long too. But it was worth to do. I have finished this once.

And yeah, all FF-games i have played (I - X-2, XII), is completed by 100%.
I started my playing about 4 years ago, started with FF9,then FF7,FF8,1,2,4,5,3,6,10,10-2,12..

Also, i want to play FFXI, anyone who have been playing it, tell me if it is worth of playing.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #122
p-at-rick
FFR Player

Smile Re: Final Fantasy?

Yes Final Fantasy
I played those kind of games since I was like 5
A lot of people have been asking me whats so good about final fantasy and
what is in the game that is special
First of, this game is really for players who like adventure, rpg, and partially action.
In my opinion, I like FFVII, FFIX, and FFXII.
I have a playstation 2 and have these games
I've finished them but the best thing I would say is that these games are pretty long and some of them have pretty good and interesting storylines.
p-at-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #123
sylflynn
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sylflynn

Something you can do if you wanna play FF games you dont have, or some that are broken or missing , like your FF9 disk 3, is get LALA LALALALALALA NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU, you probably know about this already so ill stop typing now lmao.

PS. If you havent checked out the old FF games for the gameboy, check em out, only one i remember is final fantasy mystic quest. Check out all the other side FF games like finalfantasy tactics advance for GBA and advance 2 for DS. FF 3 and 4 are also out for DS if you like playing a bunch of remakes. and again , LALALALALALALALALALALALALA FTW, hope this helped.

Last edited by Squeek; 08-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: don't post about illegal things
sylflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #124
ArvinG
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ArvinG Send a message via MSN to ArvinG

FF4 remake was amazing, I couldn't even get past the magus sisters on the SNES version, but I absolutely plowed through the game on DS because it was so addicting, FF3 doesn't seem to great though... I got to the first dungeon and I'm already boreddddddddd
Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #125
sylflynn
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

haha same here buddy, FF3 , the fire dungeon and i quit, FF4 is supposibly the hardest FF game ever made ( the DS remake), so be proud if you beat it haha. FF13 should be hitting stores sometime around x-mas.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #126
ArvinG
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ArvinG Send a message via MSN to ArvinG

FF4 wasn't hard at all... only the final boss, the rest of the time I was really under leveled.

FF13 gives a raging boner
Old 08-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #127
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut-X View Post
words
Apparently Basch was supposed to be the main character of FFXII, which would have made a lot more sense, but the japanese busted a nut over having a man in his prime as the star of the game so they changed it to a whiny little teenage ****.

Also, I could put up with the cliché resistence vs empire storyline but when the leader of said empire turned into the incredible hulk and then a ****ing mechanical angel I cried. What a stupid ending.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #128
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

FFXI was killer fun for about 3 months.
If you like MMOs it's certainly worth it.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #129
sylflynn
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

PAPER MARIO SERIES FTW!!!! :P

Tales of Symphonia was amazing to, number 2 is coming out for wii later this year
Old 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #130
ClyĐe
FFR Player

Obviously, I like FFVI the better. Most people will just recommend you the first FF they have played mainly because not matter how good or bad it is, there's always that feeling that makes you think it's the best because of how awesome back then.

So yeah, I'd recommend starting off with FFIV. I personally don't like I, II and III very much because of how less developed they are compared to the others (really old school RPG with not so interesting story). After that there's IV, V and VI that are all different but alike at the same time, if you don't like old games too much then start with VI since it's the most recent one before the 3Ds (I'm saying recent but it's still '94...).

I think VII is pretty good but I think it's a little overrated. It's an early playstation game so the 3D is not really good but awesome for its time, the story is very developed and you'll probably have a lot of fun playing it.

For the rest it really depends on what game you like... I think VIII, IX, X and XII are pretty different.

So yeah, in my opinion you should play the old games first then going in order if you feel like it. It's just better to play in order if you haven't played any of them because it will be just like if you played them back then.

Have fun playing those great games!
ClyĐe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #131
zidart
FFR Player

well i do agree with you, specially with VI one of the best (though i like IX a bit more) and yes if you don't like old school you shouldn't bother with FFI -III, i enjoyed those 3 but because i like the challenge that is given by those 3 (not that IV-XII aren't challenging but they aren't old school challenging which is not a bad thing)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #132
ryanisadouche
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Since i DID start this thread, i guess i can check back and post an update.

I've only played a few so far, but they're for the most part nothing special. Just generic RPG's really.

FF6: First one i played, storyline and characters are boring and cliche, but this is okay cause i've never played a RPG for the storyline really. The big highlight is the music is really, really good (the opera music that keeps coming back at sad parts is simply awesome). Overall pretty good game.

FF2: This game sucks. Big time. I guess for it's time it was innovative, but anyone who still likes it is retarded. The characters suck, the storyline is COMPLETELY ridiculous (out of nowhere the bad guy builds a tower to the moon? wtf?!). Buying weapons from the shop is retarded cause you don't know if they're better or worse until you've spent the cash. I recommend this game to no one.

FF8: The one I'm playing right now, and the only one to live up to the hype so far. The banter between the characters is enough to make them actually interesting, which is a first for me. Drawing magic and junctioning is retarded, but timed hits are awesome. The actual storyline sucks so far (no suprise here) but the character interaction is good. Maybe its just cause im playing a Playstation game after 2 Snes games but i really like this so far.

Public AAA #370 - evil approaches
Tier Points - 329 (Tier 4)
Best Non-AAA - Schmollbluk (rank 26)
Worst Non-AAA - AIM Anthem(668)
average rank - 109
ryanisadouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #133
ClyĐe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanisadouche View Post
Since i DID start this thread, i guess i can check back and post an update.

I've only played a few so far, but they're for the most part nothing special. Just generic RPG's really.

FF6: First one i played, storyline and characters are boring and cliche, but this is okay cause i've never played a RPG for the storyline really. The big highlight is the music is really, really good (the opera music that keeps coming back at sad parts is simply awesome). Overall pretty good game.

FF2: This game sucks. Big time. I guess for it's time it was innovative, but anyone who still likes it is retarded. The characters suck, the storyline is COMPLETELY ridiculous (out of nowhere the bad guy builds a tower to the moon? wtf?!). Buying weapons from the shop is retarded cause you don't know if they're better or worse until you've spent the cash. I recommend this game to no one.

FF8: The one I'm playing right now, and the only one to live up to the hype so far. The banter between the characters is enough to make them actually interesting, which is a first for me. Drawing magic and junctioning is retarded, but timed hits are awesome. The actual storyline sucks so far (no suprise here) but the character interaction is good. Maybe its just cause im playing a Playstation game after 2 Snes games but i really like this so far.
That's good to hear.

Are you talking about American or Japanase FF2? Yeah it's pretty confusing. If it's the IV you're talking about, you could try it on Nintendo DS. It has recently been remade and is quite awesome (most website gives 9 out of 10).

I think FFVI is supposed to be story based but oh well, maybe you didn't like it after all. I personally love it. How far have you got into the game? I and a lot of fans would agree on the music part, glad you didn't tried the GBA version first because it looses some of its "magic"...

The Final Fantasy serie might be generics RPG but I think it seems like so mainly because the most popular RPGs are simply amazing so we kinda get used to it.

Well, keep going at it and try to play them all if you can. Maybe there's one of the bunch you'll like more than the others. Tastes on Final Fantasy have always been different for almost everyone. I'd recommend you to play X and XII also as they differ in story and style, some people hate them, some people love them.

Have fun!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #134
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
They're all pretty bad.

There are dozens of under-appreciated RPG franchises out there that far outclass Final Fantasy, and playing one Final Fantasy game next to any of these RPGs will prove that very quickly.

List of better franchises:

Chrono
Mother
Tales
Suikoden
Seiken Densetsu (Mana)
Lufia
Breath of Fire
Phantasy Star
Star Ocean
Shin Megami Tensei
Disgaea
Pokemon
Xeno
Wild Arms
Ogre

Hell, even Dragon Quest is better.
They don't truly outclass Final Fantasy although they are very good games. They're all different. I don't want to say how because there's many differences. Chrono Trigger and Cross were great. I like Star Ocean 2, 3 sucked. Some of the Tales series were good and other sucked badly. Xenogears probably had the best storyline out of any. Some of Wild Arms was good. Dude, when you said Dragon Quest, I though of 8 and boy did that disappoint me. It's very slow battle and experience system made me want to commit suicide at times.

There were some great games in the Final Fantasy series, and others not as great. Play the old school ones because they were very interesting, especially 6. All you who say 7 sucked should jump off the bandwagon of 7 haters because it was a good game. You just don't want to admit it. 12 disappointed me to the extreme. They said it was going to be the darkest one in the FF series and there was nothing dark about it. I'm looking forward to 13.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #135
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarukuAntoni View Post
There were some great games in the Final Fantasy series, and others not as great. Play the old school ones because they were very interesting, especially 6. All you who say 7 sucked should jump off the bandwagon of 7 haters because it was a good game. You just don't want to admit it. 12 disappointed me to the extreme. They said it was going to be the darkest one in the FF series and there was nothing dark about it. I'm looking forward to 13.
If someone has an opinion, let them have it. The number of FF7 fanthings still far outnumber the number of FF7 haters (and the number of FF7 fanthings is about equal to the number of FF8 haters IMHO).

Also, I found a fair share of FF games to either be wonderful or just utter crap.
I - No hating on this one for me, it was the first game I ever played.
II - **** this ****. The experience system was screwy.
III - I never played the original (due to it being in Japanese and all), but I liked the DS remake.
IV- Hard as ****, but hey, Squeek, I gotta say, ATB needs some getting used to. Once you get used to it, you'll understand everything.
V - Eh, rather apathetic about this one.
VI - Now, I liked this one a bit, but I wouldn't call it my favourite.
VII - Overhyped garbage.
VIII - Honestly, I liked the junction system and the effed up story. One of my favourites.
IX - Another favourite numbered FF, I just found it fun, s'all.
X - Now, battle system, hit or miss. I liked the progression, but what the ****, the final boss was easy.
X-2 - I actually played this. This game got me sick of the ATB system. And of things that remind me of Charlie's Angels.
XI - A great MMO, to me.
XII - I was a fan. Come on, sure, they made Vaan the main character, but I liked the battle system.

Out of the numbered FF games, I liked VIII, IX, and XII the most. I still prefer Tactics, Tactics Advance, and Tactics A2.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #136
Nubzpwnzer
FFR Player

Yeah basically if you've played one mmo, you have played them all. Enough said.
Nubzpwnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #137
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopete View Post
If someone has an opinion, let them have it. The number of FF7 fanthings still far outnumber the number of FF7 haters (and the number of FF7 fanthings is about equal to the number of FF8 haters IMHO).

Sorry about that. It's just me being a hypocrite, again! Damn it, I have to stop that. I need to be open more and less one-sides, or no one will take statements seriously. Yes, you are probably right on there being the same number of ff7 and 8 haters. I just don't understand why people think it's garbage. There are the haters of FF7 due to the over hyping of fanboys, others who hate it for its graphics, and other reasons. Graphics didn't matter much to me at the time, but everything else about it, music, gameplay, plot, all grasped my attention. Not many games grab me like FF7.

Last edited by MarukuAntoni; 08-30-2008 at 01:42 AM..
MarukuAntoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #138
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Reminds me. Now I'm up to three official Final Fantasy games tried and four total with "Final Fantasy" in the title.

I did actually start playing FF7 once. However, the graphics were so bad and ATB pissed me off so much that I got rid of it after just half an hour of playing.

You can criticize me for making these kinds of decisions all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the game looks horrible. Yes, it was one of the first attempts at 3-D, but look at all of Nintendo's games. They all age well. Super Mario 64, blocky as it is, still looks more realistic despite not even needing to be realistic. Ocarina of Time was still fun for me ten years later.

Triangles for arms. Wow.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:29 AM   #139
ClyĐe
FFR Player

Quote:
Yes, it was one of the first attempts at 3-D, but look at all of Nintendo's games. They all age well. Super Mario 64, blocky as it is, still looks more realistic despite not even needing to be realistic. Ocarina of Time was still fun for me ten years later.

Triangles for arms. Wow.
Well, I thought I was the only one to think that... Now, just like I said, it was awesome back then but now it hurts me to play it. Though characters in battle looks really good. But outside it's just... Ugly.

Agreed for Mario and Ocarina. I mean, I played OoT and MM when they were out and I'm still playing today, literally, I played today. And it still looks good. There's that transition between 2d and 3d that I don't like too much... Yes it was in 3D... But Donkey Kong Country looked much better than FFVII in my oppinion.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 AM   #140
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Reminds me. Now I'm up to three official Final Fantasy games tried and four total with "Final Fantasy" in the title.

I did actually start playing FF7 once. However, the graphics were so bad and ATB pissed me off so much that I got rid of it after just half an hour of playing.

You can criticize me for making these kinds of decisions all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the game looks horrible. Yes, it was one of the first attempts at 3-D, but look at all of Nintendo's games. They all age well. Super Mario 64, blocky as it is, still looks more realistic despite not even needing to be realistic. Ocarina of Time was still fun for me ten years later.

Triangles for arms. Wow.
You should realize how much room cg effects, motion effects, and other things took up. Squaresoft added so much detail that it couldn't fit into the N64 cartridges. Hence, they had to use CDs to store up the info.