FFR Player

Default New Games Coming For Xbox 360?

Hey Everyone,

I heard that some new games coming out for the xbox 360 are,
Gears of War 2,
Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Call of Duty 5,
Tom Clancys: End War,

and bungie announced in Seattle that they were working on a halo 4, but also someone told me they were saying that to get people to buy a xbox 360 if they dont have one already lol so idk.

Leave Comments and give me a opinion on what you think.
Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239
Default Re: New Games Coming For Xbox 360?

Call Of Duty 5 is going to be a joke, if they switch back to old war style. Modern Warfare is the way to go.

Maybe they could make it based on the Iraq war or something. That would be interesting. Im so pumped for Gears Of War 2 though.
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
CokeCola39
FFR Player

yea i heard about that but if they based in on iraq war then most familys who haved loved ones who died in iraq or who are in iraq probably wont play it because it would be to real and emotional for them so then cod wouldnt sell that many copys thats probably why there going to go back to ww2 but i go agree it will be a joke.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
fido123
FFR Player

I think COD5 will acually be pretty good. Just because it's now back in WWII doesn't mean it's going to be like all the other COD games. I also heard they're putting in destructible content. Also the new James Bond game in development is using the COD4 game engine so you can bet that'll be good.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
CokeCola39
FFR Player

Yea i saw that on the internet somewhere about the new james bond, and yes maybe Cod WW2 will be good im not sure i just saw the pre-views and stuff and the graphics didnt look that good, and you get to use flamethrowers now.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's great that you feel like posting a lot on our forums, but please respect our standards.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=24&a=28

Quote:
When you post on our forums, it is required to post with proper spelling and grammar. If English is not your first language, try your best. However, if you have been speaking English since you were in diapers, you have no excuse.

Shortening words like "you" to "u" or using acronyms all over the place is not acceptable.
This isn't a chat room. You have all the time in the world to formulate a response.

Thanks.

Also I'm not sure why this couldn't go in the Xbox thread but whatever.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
CokeCola39
FFR Player

Umm.....Are you talking to me?...because im pretty sure my spelling is fine but yes i may have bad grammer.

Also if you want me stop posting i guess i can just wanted to see if i could make a new thread but i guess not now that you came.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

'idk' and 'lol' fall into 'using acronyms'. And contractions have apostrophes in them. Don't, won't, shouldn't, etc.

I don't want you to stop posting. That's not why I stepped in. I just wanted to remind you of our standards. When users post here, we expect spelling, grammar, and relevance to the topic at-hand.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
CokeCola39
FFR Player

sure...ok then ill stop useing those when your around.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #10
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

...on the topic at hand. I didn't like Gears of War honestly. Nor have I ever cared for Halo. I'm interested in COD5 like all the other COD games.

But the game I'm most looking forward to is going to be on XBLA.

Banjo-Kazooie.

Yeah I know it's on the 64, and they have a new one coming out. So it's not really new either. I don't care. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are two of my favorite games of all time. In fact, Tooie may be number three, behind Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy IX.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeCola39 View Post
sure...ok then ill stop useing those when your around.
That's not how it works. This isn't a chat. It's a forum.

Always.

I don't see why it's so hard to accept this very basic rule of ours. You literally have hours, even days sometimes to formulate a response on a forum. If you really have to, open up Word before posting and paste in your message to spell-check it. Firefox has a built-in spell-checker as well, so there's another option.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
CokeCola39
FFR Player

ok then so people who cant spell are not aloud to type anything on the forums?

Also i do accept your rules, im wondering why some of them are lame.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Firefox has a built-in spell-checker as well, so there's another option.
If I didn't have this my posts would be incoherent half the time. Forums aren't a chat room but you'll grow to like them if you learn to understand how they should be used.

Quote:

They're rules because the general FFR forum community likes proper grammar and proper spelling. The spelling isn't hard at all with FireFox and with Grammar you should just read over every post to make sure it makes sense. Many were ****ty posters at once time and so was I...I even one Dumb Ass of the Year 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
Banjo-Kazooie.

Yeah I know it's on the 64, and they have a new one coming out. So it's not really new either. I don't care. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are two of my favorite games of all time. In fact, Tooie may be number three, behind Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy IX.
Banjo-Kazooie is probably my least favourite game of all time. I swear to god the amount of times I had to go back to older levels and run though ever square inch of them just to get the music notes infuriated me...especially when you have to do the last one and it has like 7 music note doors and only one leads to the last boss. I think I actually took the game out to the garage and smashed it up with a hammer in all seriousness...I was like 12-13 at the time though.

Last edited by fido123; 08-22-2008 at 03:45 PM..
Old 08-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
ddranthony92
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddranthony92

Wait... so you're not allowed to use "lol"?
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Wanna see me?!?!?

How about my videos!?!?!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Gears of War 2 will be overrated just like the first, but still good.

GH:WT will probably be good I'm just pissed I'll have to buy another full set of instruments, plus knowing them expert will be ****ing nuts.

Call of Duty 5 I'm on the fence about, because it's back in WWII which is gay, and it's back in the hands of Treyarch aka the studio that brought CoD3 aka the ****ty one. However they're using CoD4's engine, and they're getting an extra year to work on it than they did for CoD3 so maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and get it right.

Who cares about End War.

Thread needs more Borderlands, Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3.

Also Bungie definitely didn't announce Halo 4, I'm pretty sure they said long ago that those installments are over.

doraemon bustin caps
Old 08-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddranthony92 View Post
Wait... so you're not allowed to use "lol"?
"Shortening words like "you" to "u" or using acronyms all over the place is not acceptable."

In moderation.

Quote:

You can type whatever you want, but you'll sound really stupid to others. Typing properly makes you sound intelligent. I don't know why anyone would want to sound less intelligent by making simple mistakes.

They aren't my rules, they aren't lame, and you clearly aren't accepting them at all. We put the mandatory spelling rule in place because so many people were using chat-speak on our forums and it was getting ridiculously out of hand. It would take literally twice as long to read a post because we had to decipher what all the acronyms and shorthand writing meant. The rule isn't meant to be an iron fist rule to force you to spell properly. It's meant to be a reminder to everyone that not doing so makes you sound much less intelligent.

Once again I'm not trying to insult you and I'm not trying to get you to stop posting. I'm merely saying that we have rules in place. Your location says "Washington" and you have to be 13+ to use our forums, which means you're probably in high school. If you're in high school, you're already expected to write at a collegiate level. I cannot understand why you would want to write a different way online than you would for a classroom. The entire point of writing papers in English is to make your teacher think you're smart enough to deserve an "A". So, do that here. Make everyone else on this site think you're smart enough to discuss any opinions you might have about something.

Would you rather believe someone's opinions written as A or B:

a: lol i thnk teh chinase girlz r cheeting!!!1lol

b: I think the Chinese girls are cheating at the Olympics.

When I read A, I just think "Well, who cares what you think? You can't even get a sentence out." When I read B, I think "I wonder why he thinks the Chinese girls are cheating at the Olympics?" There's a huge difference. With A, you're not questioning their opinion, you're questioning their person. With B, you are actually thinking about what they wrote.

Last edited by Squeek; 08-22-2008 at 04:27 PM..
Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
"Shortening words like "you" to "u" or using acronyms all over the place is not acceptable."

In moderation.

You can type whatever you want, but you'll sound really stupid to others. Typing properly makes you sound intelligent. I don't know why anyone would want to sound less intelligent by making simple mistakes.

They aren't my rules, they aren't lame, and you clearly aren't accepting them at all. We put the mandatory spelling rule in place because so many people were using chat-speak on our forums and it was getting ridiculously out of hand. It would take literally twice as long to read a post because we had to decipher what all the acronyms and shorthand writing meant. The rule isn't meant to be an iron fist rule to force you to spell properly. It's meant to be a reminder to everyone that not doing so makes you sound much less intelligent.

Once again I'm not trying to insult you and I'm not trying to get you to stop posting. I'm merely saying that we have rules in place. Your location says "Washington" and you have to be 13+ to use our forums, which means you're probably in high school. If you're in high school, you're already expected to write at a collegiate level. I cannot understand why you would want to write a different way online than you would for a classroom. The entire point of writing papers in English is to make your teacher think you're smart enough to deserve an "A". So, do that here. Make everyone else on this site think you're smart enough to discuss any opinions you might have about something.

Would you rather believe someone's opinions written as A or B:

a: lol i thnk teh chinase girlz r cheeting!!!1lol

b: I think the Chinese girls are cheating at the Olympics.

When I read A, I just think "Well, who cares what you think? You can't even get a sentence out." When I read B, I think "I wonder why he thinks the Chinese girls are cheating at the Olympics?" There's a huge difference. With A, you're not questioning their opinion, you're questioning their person. With B, you are actually thinking about what they wrote.
what if you don't speak the English language properly??? (aka. not your first language) does that make you look stupid? (because i usually accidentally confuse "In" and "on")

sure i do understand how confusing it can be to read acronyms (trust me i didn't know what LoL meant until recently) but sometimes making silly little mistakes is normal.

this might not be a chatroom but is not against the rules to post like this as long as is on-topic, non-flaming (but we all, including you, have done mistakes like that in the past).

in other news if you have even the slight interest in great fighting-like combat i recommend you get tales of vesperia for the 360, even if you don't like RPGs, and if you happen to like them i also recommend lost odyssey because it has a deep story focused on its characters and a good turn-based battle system with a lot of options for character building.

but those games listed there seem to been shaping up very nicely, even though i'm not a huge shooter fan i can recognize when something looks good.

Last edited by zidart; 08-22-2008 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I already know you're not from America, and I've discussed this with you in the past. That's why when we wrote the spelling/grammar rule, we put in the section about people not from America. "Try your best." I know you are, and so I don't say anything anymore.

His location is in his profile. Unless he's lying, he's from Washington. That's in America.

Making little mistakes is fine and I don't ever mention it, but making a lot of little mistakes in every post isn't fine. It's intentional.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano View Post
Gears of War 2 will be overrated just like the first, but still good.

GH:WT will probably be good I'm just pissed I'll have to buy another full set of instruments, plus knowing them expert will be ****ing nuts.

Call of Duty 5 I'm on the fence about, because it's back in WWII which is gay, and it's back in the hands of Treyarch aka the studio that brought CoD3 aka the ****ty one. However they're using CoD4's engine, and they're getting an extra year to work on it than they did for CoD3 so maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and get it right.

Who cares about End War.

Thread needs more Borderlands, Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3.

Also Bungie definitely didn't announce Halo 4, I'm pretty sure they said long ago that those installments are over.

Just Halo Wars, that's the end, but it's going to have nothing to do with the story line. :3

EDIT: Squeek, that one is underage, the boy one, He something.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
I already know you're not from America, and I've discussed this with you in the past. That's why when we wrote the spelling/grammar rule, we put in the section about people not from America. "Try your best." I know you are, and so I don't say anything anymore.

His location is in his profile. Unless he's lying, he's from Washington. That's in America.

Making little mistakes is fine and I don't ever mention it, but making a lot of little mistakes in every post isn't fine. It's intentional.
well i have to agree with that.

and yes NFD is right halo wars is supposed to be an RTS if i'm not mistaken but i don't think it can do well on the 360, i'm not very fond of RTS on consoles (with the exception of pikmin but pikmin is not a standard RTS is a unique one) but well halo proved that great FPS controls were possible in consoles, i think maybe halo wars (if it really will be an RTS.. i might be mistaken) might do that as well but i just gotta wait and see.
Closed Thread