Send a message via AIM to Shamo0
Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

Also Jordn I added you so add me whenever you get a chance :P

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #942
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

blah blah good games blah blah owned me blah blah ... yeah ... :P
Old 05-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #943
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jor-Dan_the_greatest View Post
blah blah good games blah blah owned me blah blah ...
lets play a few more, turn items on etc.

The first match i was talking on aim while playing xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #944
norge1
FFR Player

Jordan, I'd like to challange you. (I'd challange Binary Fission, but he hasn't posted in months. Should he still be on the list?)

AAA's: 23
FC's: 107

updated 7/2/08
norge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #945
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Bynary Doesn't even have internet right now. He's moving. I've talked to him about the ladder and he's told me that he's lost interest in the game and doesn't really care for the ladder anymore.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #946
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

K so Bynary = off ladder, lol

Quote:
EDITT: Dogdude, your 1,000th post is coming up!!! YAEZ!!! i think the day AFTER the 1,000th post we should have some event! oh yeah!
1000th Post Party?!?!?! I'll think up something cool for it.

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^
dogdude84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM   #947
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
lets play a few more, turn items on etc.

The first match i was talking on aim while playing xD
hehehe... whoops! didnt see this when i got off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by norge1 View Post
Jordan, I'd like to challange you. (I'd challange Binary Fission, but he hasn't posted in months. Should he still be on the list?)
ok fine name the time and place... oh right... just the time then
Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #948
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Just to put this out there, anyone can challenge me anytime they want know matter where they are on the ladder and i won't mind counting it unless dogdude won't allow it. If you're number 1 on the ladder you should be able to choose whether you can accept challenges from whoever or not but that's just my opinion.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #949
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm going to have to veto that idea, sorry.

I might implement a rule in which players would get a freebie once a week, meaning you can challenge anyone (above you). You'd simply post "freebie challenge against (player)", or something along those lines.

So... that could easily lead to everyone wanting to challenge korny, as the #1 rank, which would be fine.

Thoughts?

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^
Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #950
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

dude holy **** korny

game and watch is so ****ing cheap against me

there aint **** I can do

I don't even ****ing understand it. You were like, in the middle of an aerial attack or something. But you were still able to do that bucket thing. I don't see how any character who uses projectiles could ever beat that ****.

Seriously, you effectively not only remove 2 of my most important attacks from me being able to use them, but also make it so if I do use them, I get ****ing destroyed for it. My game is not so strong without neutral and down B... it'd be like making you as game and watch to not do back or down aerials.

Ok, look dude. Play me sometime on not so cheap of a character. Please. Not right now though, I seem to have ****ed up by hand because I got so mad at your taunting... Yeah, of course I can't touch that, because if I do you ****ing bucket my ass to hell.

ps as an aside, can anyone explain to me justifiably how a lightning bolt is a "projectile"? I can understand the bolts that follow the ground, but lightning from the sky?

EDIT congratu****inglations mr fox you won against me with a busted hand! Feel good about yourself!

dogdude, take me off of here please. I've reached the top, pretty much. Played korny mutliple times, who freaking curb stomps me just because of his character, and manti who I must say is the only one I've played who has been able to beat me without bull****. And yes, I am being a sore loser. But you would be too if you lost to someone firstly just because of not being able to use your most important attacks, then secondly to someone who is nowhere near as good as you because you busted your hand.

Last edited by Afrobean; 05-23-2008 at 05:37 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #951
Gray Fox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gray Fox

All I have to say is good game Afro, I don't consider myself better than anyone.

Do what you seems fit.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #952
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

afro's rant has taught me something... i'm glad he's gone :P he has a really bad tendancy to get extremely bad over tiny things. "oh noes i lost at a game" get over it. hey if u dont like how he turns pika against you why dont YOU pick someone else?!?

Last edited by Jor-Dan_the_greatest; 05-23-2008 at 07:46 PM..
Jor-Dan_the_greatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #953
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Afro, I did have to laugh at a few things you said in your post just now, but I'm sorry that you're frustrated. I guess I've never really played against G&W, so I don't really know how annoying the bucket is.

And yes, I'll remove you from the list, congrats on doing as well as you have

Side note: I'm changing the wins/losses thing on the OP to simply display your current results. You get a if you won a match, and a if you lost one.

EDIT: Ooh me likey. It looks pretty cool and it spaces out the "rungs" of the ladder a bit more. But does anyone know how to remove the white background from the arrow images?

EDITT: I'll be keeping track of your winning or losing streaks, starting now, by posting 2x "up arrow" etc beside your name. So, it'll be a good idea to remove those nasty red arrows from alongside your name if you have one, especially if you have a multiplier by it

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^

Last edited by dogdude84; 05-23-2008 at 08:27 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #954
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

ok ill challenge norje1 k my fc is 0774-4555-3221!TELL MEH! WHEN I CAN KICK HIS ASS!

Last edited by virus003; 05-25-2008 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: spelling
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #955
Ray Roman
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Ray Roman

actually, can u take me off the ladder, i have huge family problems and i wont be able to even get on to check anything so trying to challenge or accept challenges would be impossible especialy since im too depresed to even try to get on the wii(internet and games)
Ray Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #956
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Lol, welcome to competitive gaming. Pika has plenty of other attacks. Heck pikas down smash is pretty much peaches down smash plus rape from melee. Not to mention how good pikas A aerials are now.

Just don't rely on projectiles. Pikachu's projectiles aren't that good anyway.

I'm assuming you're were pikachu. You posted like you spammed those moves. It's all about the mindgames. If he can predict when you're going to do a pika thunder thats bad

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo

Last edited by Shamo0; 05-24-2008 at 12:51 AM..
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #957
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Afro. There are other characters. G&W is a counterpick for pikachu if you know how to use him. About the lightning. It's an energy attack not so much as it being a projectile which isn't needed to fill the bucket. If you're still able to take your spot back I know i can beat you with jigglypuff every time if you'd want to do that instead. I wasn't even hugging against your pikachu though otherwise i could've 4 stocked you easily XD. Regardless you're one of the best on ffr that i've played.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:57 AM   #958
abbiemonGoesRaWr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdude84 View Post
Afro, I did have to laugh at a few things you said in your post just now, but I'm sorry that you're frustrated. I guess I've never really played against G&W, so I don't really know how annoying the bucket is.

And yes, I'll remove you from the list, congrats on doing as well as you have

Side note: I'm changing the wins/losses thing on the OP to simply display your current results. You get a if you won a match, and a if you lost one.

EDIT: Ooh me likey. It looks pretty cool and it spaces out the "rungs" of the ladder a bit more. But does anyone know how to remove the white background from the arrow images?

EDITT: I'll be keeping track of your winning or losing streaks, starting now, by posting 2x "up arrow" etc beside your name. So, it'll be a good idea to remove those nasty red arrows from alongside your name if you have one, especially if you have a multiplier by it
Wait... so... with this new arrow thing...
We're not going to actually move up/down the ladder anymore? We'll just have to count our rank depending on what arrows we have any how many of it... ? :[

And I can remove the white background on the arrows for you. :]

EDiT:
Here you go. :]
-

Last edited by abbiemonGoesRaWr; 05-24-2008 at 02:03 AM..
abbiemonGoesRaWr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #959
Gray Fox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gray Fox

Alright then, I hereby challenge DarkManticoreX2. Going to be a tough one that's for sure.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #960
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
All I have to say is good game Afro, I don't consider myself better than anyone.

Do what you seems fit.
Sorry about what I said. I was mad more than anything. You're definitely good, it's just that I was moreso mad at myself for having lost when I shouldn't have. And I kept screwing up and rolling into your forward B even though I saw it coming 90% of the time. That was stupid of me. Funny that I'm more bothered by that than I am about when I suicided stupidly at a low percent.

Quote:
afro's rant has taught me something... i'm glad he's gone :P he has a really bad tendancy to get extremely bad over tiny things. "oh noes i lost at a game" get over it. hey if u dont like how he turns pika against you why dont YOU pick someone else?!?
Because my being Pikachu doesn't take away from anyone else's ability to perform. His being Game and Watch takes two of my character's strengths and makes them my biggest weaknesses. The bucket is only balanced as far as the person on the Game and Watch side not being skilled at it, but as soon as they learn how to use it like Korny has, it breaks it for characters who rely heavily on their projectiles. Players who rely heavily on those certain attacks become crippled when they suddenly have to avoid using those attacks or risk getting murdered for it.

And yeah, this was crap just a trigger... I've been regretting being obligated by this ladder lately, and work kicking my ass isn't helping either. It sucks to feel like I HAVE to play and I have to try to schedule time to play. It's just stupid, especially when there are generally 3 outcomes: predictable win, predictable loss, unexpected loss (or, more likely, unexpectedly losing by a larger margin due to crap that makes it impossible for me to stand a chance using the same tactics which would own most other characters). Of those, the only particularly interesting one is also the most infuriating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Lol, welcome to competitive gaming. Pika has plenty of other attacks. Heck pikas down smash is pretty much peaches down smash plus rape from melee.
Down smashes alone do not win matches, especially against Korny, since he actually knows his way around dodging/shielding well.

Quote:
Not to mention how good pikas A aerials are now.
You've got no idea. His back aerial is a little better than Melee, and I believe his neutral is as well, but his aerial game doesn't hold up on its own, not anymore. In the days of N64, he had crazy aerial game; his up aerial and back aerial were both amazing spikes, but his current set is very poor in comparison. He's got two drill type attacks in forward and back, his down aerial although it has some good throwing power is somewhat difficult to pull off just right in certain situations, and his up doesn't do a whole lot, although I must admit when snapped off from a short hop on a foe on the ground it can be rather effective, if a bit challenging. And the neutral aerial... I gotta be honest here, I have a tough time doing them and usually don't even really touch it. Reason: if I'm jumping, I'm moving laterally, and if I'm moving laterally, it's a lot easier for me to do another aerial attack than neutral.

Quote:
Just don't rely on projectiles. Pikachu's projectiles aren't that good anyway.
Yeah, Pikachu's projectiles suck so bad, I mean it's not like I can combo from a down smash into multiple down Bs and take a person down like that. Oh wait. Oh and his neutral B, I mean it's not like I can punish them for trying to keep distance. Oh wait. And it's not like I can use his neutral Bs to stun wouldbe attackers away. I definitely have never been able to get off a neutral B at someone who is dashing at me and either hit them to stun them away or nullify their dashed attack.

Honestly, what are you smoking. Pikachu without his projectiles is no better than his down smash alone.

Quote:
I'm assuming you're were pikachu. You posted like you spammed those moves. It's all about the mindgames. If he can predict when you're going to do a pika thunder thats bad
Haha. You really have no ****ing idea.

It doesn't matter what mind games are involved. Whenever he is above me, he can instantly pull out the bucket, so as long as he's not half asleep, there's almost no way of pulling a down B on him when he's above me (hint: that's when down B is most effective). And even if I can manage to get through and take a chance that he won't react fast enough (because that's really what it is, reacting, not predicting), it's better to not even risk it, because if I give him a full bucket, not were those attacks for nothing, but then I get curb stomped for a huge percent and/or die. The only potentially worthwhile use of down B against a competent bucket user would be as a wall of defense, and not only am I not good at utilizing this technique, but he could still just throw himself through it with the bucket out and he wouldn't get hit at all.

But yeah, the gist here is that it's not prediction. Pikachu's down B is SLOW. He takes a stance, says "PIKAAA", pauses for a split second, THEN the lightning comes down. Anyone with a brain in their head could "predict" when it's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Afro. There are other characters. G&W is a counterpick for pikachu if you know how to use him. About the lightning. It's an energy attack not so much as it being a projectile which isn't needed to fill the bucket.
Yeah, I'm just saying it's a dumb definition. Like, items can fill the bucket, right? But Samus's missile doesn't? How about Link's arrows? Pit's arrows?

Quote:
If you're still able to take your spot back I know i can beat you with jigglypuff every time if you'd want to do that instead. I wasn't even hugging against your pikachu though otherwise i could've 4 stocked you easily XD.
Didn't you?

And dude, I might play you sometime, but I don't think I can play you as Game and Watch anymore. I don't see how anyone playing as Pikachu using a similar standard tactic as I could ever stand a chance. Maybe I should just practice playing against people without touching the B button, but that's just stupid. I don't care enough to learn a whole other way to play just because of a crappy matchup. But yeah, playing you as Game and Watch could serve no purpose but to infuriate me again.

Also: I doubt you could beat me "every time" as Jigglypuff. Maybe if I was having a bad day you would, but on a good day, I know I could DEFINITELY come out with at least a single victory. From what I saw of Jigglypuff yesterday it didn't even seem so special... I really hope you were just fooling around then, because I don't think I would ever lose against that level of play on a normal day (ie not fuming due to being unable to use 2 primary attacks). Dude, you did his down B when you weren't anywhere near close enough to hit me.

Quote:
Regardless you're one of the best on ffr that i've played.
Thanks I guess, but I don't see how you could say that when the times we've played lately you just ghetto curb stomp me with Game and Watch.

ps something that I think is particularly hilarious: even though other characters have similar defensive attacks that could cancel my B and down B, I've never felt like I had to avoid them except when I've played Korny as Game and Watch. Is it that the bucket attack has a shorter delay than the Earthbound kids' or Starfox peoples down Bs? Or is it just that I've never played anyone on those characters that has learned so masterfully how to use their down Bs?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
Alright then, I hereby challenge DarkManticoreX2. Going to be a tough one that's for sure.
Hah. Good luck there. His Samus can be a real bitch.

Last edited by Afrombean; 05-24-2008 at 03:32 AM..
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote