Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #121
Psycho8137
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho8137 Send a message via AIM to Psycho8137 Send a message via MSN to Psycho8137 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho8137 Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho8137
Default Re: 13 year old girl commits suicide from myspace hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Thread over, Shash wins.
Agreed.

I got fired a couple months ago because I offended this one girl, because she overheard me complaining about how she does nothing, and she called her mom, and was apparently "crying." Keep in mind, this girl is 17. Her mom came down, cussed me out, cussed out my girlfriend, and then cussed out everyone else including the owner, followed by calling up and cussing out the owner over the course of the next couple of days, and he had no choice but to fire me. Since then, the girl has been fired for not doing anything, and plus, no one wanted to work with her anymore.

^^^ Tass
Psycho8137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #122
Rubin0
FFR Player

It's a "stupid" reason to kill yourself, but the girl did not kill herself purely because she was rejected by an internet "boyfriend". She was a sick girl and needed help. If you did a little research on the situation you would realize she had a history of depression and threatened suicide on multiple occasions. I blame the parents of both parties. This was a stupid joke played on a poorly monitered emotionally unstable girl.

She may be selfish. She was also a child. All children are selfish. She could not have fathomed the impact her suicide would have had on her family and community.

She isn't someone you should look at with "disgust" or "loathing". That is a terrible thing to say. Even if it comes from a respected person on this site. This is a tragedy. A girl is dead. She hung herself in a closet. That is extremely disturbing. I really don't find any humor in it. At all.

Last edited by Rubin0; 01-11-2008 at 12:07 AM..
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #123
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

Ugh~
Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 AM   #124
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Oh hey, some prime time tv show is doing a show loosely based on this case. Gotta love 'merica.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #125
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Man, I laughed much more than I felt bad. I lost it at "bulling is rabbit."
Old 01-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #126
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
She isn't someone you should look at with "disgust" or "loathing". That is a terrible thing to say. Even if it comes from a respected person on this site. This is a tragedy. A girl is dead. She hung herself in a closet. That is extremely disturbing. I really don't find any humor in it. At all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro
I personally think that those who kill themselves for no good reason should be looked at with disgust and loathing, not respect and sympathy. If she wasn't clincially depressed, in my eyes she's just a stupid girl who never managed to realize how unimportant Myspace is before taking it to the extreme, and managed to severely hurt her family, not to mention end her own life, as a result. If she was, then the fault totally lies with the parents IMO.

It's not funny either way
Please at least make an attempt to read and understand posts before making disparaging comments about them.

I feel no more pity for a mentally stable person committing suicide over a fake internet friend than I do for a mentally stable person killing himself by sticking a grenade up his ass for a bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

Last edited by Shashakiro; 01-11-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #127
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
It's a "stupid" reason to kill yourself, but the girl did not kill herself purely because she was rejected by an internet "boyfriend". She was a sick girl and needed help. If you did a little research on the situation you would realize she had a history of depression and threatened suicide on multiple occasions. I blame the parents of both parties. This was a stupid joke played on a poorly monitered emotionally unstable girl.

She may be selfish. She was also a child. All children are selfish. She could not have fathomed the impact her suicide would have had on her family and community.

One hundred percent agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #128
letsbang69
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
You know how they have warning signs on coffee cups that say "CAUTION: HOT"?

Well, I think they need one of those for the internet...like, "WARNING: NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. DO NOT OPERATE THE INTERNET IF YOU ARE CLINICALLY DEPRESSED AND/OR MENTAL RETARDED. YOU MAY KILL YOURSELF AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING YOUR DEATH MAY BE MADE INTO A LIFETIME MOVIE."
haha. they shouldd.
letsbang69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #129
afronova1127
Cleanup on isle WILDTHANG
FFR Veteran

i saw a 60 minutes story a couple of weeks ago and it makes me roll my eyes, i hate myspace, its the worst thing since ann coulter or maybe even hitler. theres such an obsession with having ur own little page with little glitter writing that nobody cares about just so u can get little messages from random creeps like "ur cute". people who are obsessed with myspace need a new hobby because nothing good comes out of it, its so fake
afronova1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #130
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Wow the other family has no morals what so ever... They're more ****ed up than the child was.

The western culture has morphed the meaning of the word 'tragedy'.

Last edited by Kekeb; 01-11-2008 at 03:34 PM..
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #131
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The western? More like the North American.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #132
Rubin0
FFR Player

People generally don't commit suicide for no apparent reason. I'm not exactly sure what fits as good criteria to kill yourself, but I personally think that anyone that attempts suicide has psychological issues. You don't need to have clinical depression to be suicidal.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #133
vvav
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hadn't checked this thread for a while, but when I did, I noticed fido puking all over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I highly doubt she's depressed. Most girls at 13 years of age are total drama queens not to mention this girl is a fine example of taking the internet too seriously. The girl PROBABLY had a good life given she lives in a well off country and should have nothing to seriously worry about except school work. Also I find if doctors had it their way they would diagnose all children with ADD for being hyper. All my friends are diagnosed with it and I think it's total bs as they were diagnosed with it when they were 6 and are now 16/17 and calm as anything.

You sir are being a "retarded dip****"

EDIT: Looks like her parents are devoiced but I doubt that would cause acual depression...I don't think anybody would kill thereself over that unless again they are being your stereotypical myspace drama queen.
Your argument: some of my friends (I have a hard time believing ALL of your friends could have been, unless you only count a few close friends) were diagnosed with ADD 10 years ago, therefore I can assume that this girl isn't depressed. No one has any problems in the U.S. until they're 18.

Obviously she didn't "probably have a good life" since she committed suicide. That just MIGHT make you think she had some more serious problems like, oh, major chemical imbalances in her brain. I really doubt you've ever had depression or any serious mental illness since you seem so eager to downplay the effects of them. And, saying that divorce is unlikely to cause depression is the stupidest thing you said in an incredibly stupid post. Another might be the use of not one but two stereotypes. The first being the "stereotypical myspace drama queen". It's ironic that you mention stereotypes right after using one. The second is the doctor that's eager to diagnose EVERYONE a mental illness. Obviously, not all doctors want this...

Anyway, now that I'm done with that, I'd like to say that I agree with Shash up to a point. It's obviously incredibly selfish to commit suicide because of the impact suicide has on everyone around the person. But, I sympathize with them far more than someone who died through sheer stupidity (I don't remember the exact wording of what you said) because suicide virtually always happens when someone feels they're trapped and have no other choice. This kind of situation is virtually always out of their control, which is why they feel trapped in the first place. They didn't put themselves in the situation (there are of course exceptions such as someone in debt), so I feel that it is a selfish action, but not a detestable action completely unworthy of our pity.
vvav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #134
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

God bless America, m i rite?

The people who faked the Josh thing are suffering from something special, without a doubt.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #135
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fallen- View Post
God bless America, m i rite?

The people who faked the Josh thing are suffering from something special, without a doubt.
Shut up, Canadian. Only Americans can bash on America.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #136
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvav View Post
Hadn't checked this thread for a while, but when I did, I noticed fido puking all over it...

Your argument: some of my friends (I have a hard time believing ALL of your friends could have been, unless you only count a few close friends) were diagnosed with ADD 10 years ago, therefore I can assume that this girl isn't depressed. No one has any problems in the U.S. until they're 18.

Obviously she didn't "probably have a good life" since she committed suicide. That just MIGHT make you think she had some more serious problems like, oh, major chemical imbalances in her brain. I really doubt you've ever had depression or any serious mental illness since you seem so eager to downplay the effects of them. And, saying that divorce is unlikely to cause depression is the stupidest thing you said in an incredibly stupid post. Another might be the use of not one but two stereotypes. The first being the "stereotypical myspace drama queen". It's ironic that you mention stereotypes right after using one. The second is the doctor that's eager to diagnose EVERYONE a mental illness. Obviously, not all doctors want this...

Anyway, now that I'm done with that, I'd like to say that I agree with Shash up to a point. It's obviously incredibly selfish to commit suicide because of the impact suicide has on everyone around the person. But, I sympathize with them far more than someone who died through sheer stupidity (I don't remember the exact wording of what you said) because suicide virtually always happens when someone feels they're trapped and have no other choice. This kind of situation is virtually always out of their control, which is why they feel trapped in the first place. They didn't put themselves in the situation (there are of course exceptions such as someone in debt), so I feel that it is a selfish action, but not a detestable action completely unworthy of our pity.
I'm referring to my 4 closest friends. My other friends I see only on occasion. All of them were diagnosed with ADD. Yes they were hyper pricks when they were young but now they are calm and a lot more mellow. Doctors give medications to stop 6 year olds from acting like 6 year olds and it drives me nuts. Also please don't assuming EVERYBODY lives in the U.S. and you can simply look at my name and see that I'm from Canada therefore that law does not apply.

I have never been depressed but I have been "down" for many years. I know that does not relate to depression but nobody can provide any article saying she had chemical imbalances ect. Until I see such a thing I will assume she was healthy. If she wasn't it would obviously change my perspective. Also Depression would not be caused by a devoice unless there are complications or that person has issues.

When I said she was a Myspace drama queen I was saying she was one I was just saying she might be or probably is. Also the more doctors diagnose patients in the U.S. the more money they make. I never or am not saying all doctors do this but this really is invalid to the conversation as nobody has proved of found and article saying she was diagnosed with a mental illness. If so I will not even go by the doctor stereotype and assume she was diagnosed correctly.

EDIT: My post was not stupid, it merely conflicted with your idea's, thoughts, and beliefs. My post was a post you strongly disagreed with not a stupid one. A stupid post is something that is presented horribly (grammar, spelling), or just something that is completely irrelevant and uninteresting.

EDIT2: I said she probably had a good life like most North Americans...not a bad one.

Quote:
You cause our gas prices to rise you dirty American infidel!

Last edited by fido123; 01-11-2008 at 11:17 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #137
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
oh you ****er D:
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #138
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
I laughed.

I'm a bad person.
Not as bad as I am... *points to avy*

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #139
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Quote:
People generally don't commit suicide for no apparent reason. I'm not exactly sure what fits as good criteria to kill yourself, but I personally think that anyone that attempts suicide has psychological issues. You don't need to have clinical depression to be suicidal.
All the following assumes she wasn't clincially depressed:

There's a difference between no good reason and no reason. Of course no one with even a little bit of sanity just hangs themself because they're bored one day and want to try something new >_<

The line between good reason and not good reason can be debated, but IMO, one thing cannot be: internet friend turning out to be fake is not a good reason. Period. There are far worse things that happen to people every day, and they don't kill themselves--they live on, and in most cases, they get over it eventually. In my opinion, if the girl couldn't realize this, she had a very, very ****ed up perspective on life as a whole. If it was ****ed up to the point that she felt killing herself was the only option because her internet friend turned out fake, then that is, to me, not something to be pitied. If she failed to kill herself in this case I'd certainly not feel sorry for her, and I see no reason why that should change if she succeeded.

Incedentally, I personally believe there are only two particularly "good" reasons to commit suicide:

-To save the life of another
-If you are completely screwed somehow beyond even the faintest glimmer of hope of recovery. i.e. vegetable, and your existence imposes on others.

Not to say that those are the only "pitiable" reasons for me, but those are the only cases where I think I could actually approve of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #140
vvav
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
The line between good reason and not good reason can be debated, but IMO, one thing cannot be: internet friend turning out to be fake is not a good reason. Period. There are far worse things that happen to people every day, and they don't kill themselves--they live on, and in most cases, they get over it eventually. In my opinion, if the girl couldn't realize this, she had a very, very ****ed up perspective on life as a whole. If it was ****ed up to the point that she felt killing herself was the only option because her internet friend turned out fake, then that is, to me, not something to be pitied. If she failed to kill herself in this case I'd certainly not feel sorry for her, and I see no reason why that should change if she succeeded.
I'm pretty sure she never knew her friend didn't exist because she committed suicide right after he started slandering her. So it was more because she felt betrayed by someone she felt very close to. This still isn't a good reason but it's not quite as silly as you seem to think it was here.

To fido:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the goddamn article and the first post in the thread
Megan, a 13-year-old who suffered from depression
No, you really can't ****in assume she didn't suffer from depression. Your logic seems to be that some doctors are overzealous in diagnosing ADD, therefore the doctor that diagnosed her depression must have been overzealous in doing so. That's all I'm reading from your posts. I'm not taking the time to write up another quote for you, but you also said that a bad post was one that had bad grammar and/or spelling...devoice (2x), acual, thereself, idea's for the plural of idea, ect. for etcetera, i was saying she was one i was just saying she might be or probably is, bs. I'm not even gonna ask you what you meant by telling me that you live in Canada. The girl we're talking about lived in the U.S., so I would of course talk about U.S. laws (though I don't remember talking about laws at all). Please quit sticking to the flawed argument "I said she probably had a good life like most North Americans...not a bad one." It's pretty hard to assume she had a good life because, well, she committed suicide. You're apparently trying to portray her as having no reason to commit suicide because that strengthens your argument of her being a "stereotypical myspace drama queen". You didn't know her, so don't assume she had a good life.
vvav is offline   Reply With Quote