Default Re: MapleStory

o_O
Old 12-22-2007, 04:05 AM   #15042
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
They're immune to poison. I mean, once skelegons are out I'll be there (despite being somewhat below the level any other class would go) and misting for massive exp gains, but it's annoying that a place PERFECT for mist (I could probably tri-channel ghosts if they weren't immune and get like 100000% per hour) has monsters that are immune to poison. I just wish I had known 4th job was coming now and I could have like 10 points in Seal instead of 9 in comp. At least I don't have to grudge through getting comp anymore. Max booster ftw, seriously.
I know you're talking hypoetheticals, but there is no way in hell you could hold even 2 channels. To make a long story short, the "if no one is in the map, then it's all yours" rule applies. It won't matter if you've got everything poisoned; you can't hold the map.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:17 AM   #15043
oscarob7
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
Where would a low level 7X Priest be training? I don't really know any good places, and Zombies seem slow.
Hoodoos and Voodoos in the mansion!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #15044
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
Hmm I need advice on my build...

So at the moment I have:
30 strafe
30 arrow rain
9 puppet
5 Mortal Blow
7 Hawk
1 Inferno

Level 97.... So I was thinking of the following

98 hawk (10)
99 hawk (13)
100 hawk (16)
101 hawk (19)
102 hawk (21) (95% stun)
103 puppet (12)
104 puppet (15) (3600 hp)
105 hawk (24)
106 hawk (27)
107 hawk (29) inferno (2)
108 inferno (5)
109 inferno (8)
110 inferno (11)
111 inferno (14)
112 inferno (17)
113 inferno (20)
114 inferno (23)
115 inferno (26)
116 inferno (29)
117 inferno (30) thrust (2)
118 puppet (18)
119 puppet (20) thrust (3)
120 thrust (5) mastery (20)

Ugh I have 19 bow master at the moment haha -_-

That leaves me with:
Max strafe
Max rain
Max puppet
Max Inferno
29 hawk (99% stun)
5 thrust
5 MB

Does this look ok? The reason why I don't pure hawk after 10x is because by this level, hawk will be stunning everything like crazy and at that level, I should be strong enough to explore the other areas of leafre and more puppet would be very useful. I've been thinking about it and MB seems relatively useless after 3rd job since we have Dragon Pulse and constant Knockback thanks to SoA and Sharp Eyes. Thrust is just a nice +10 speed boost, nothing special.

Comments? I've been thinking about it a lot recently actually >_<

O_o

I would think that inferno would be completely obsolete in 4th job except for luring purposes, and pokgai was saying how he never used it at all, 3rd or 4th job, except for luring, which you dont need lv 30 for.

Also, when using SoA, mortal blow comes out 3 times really quickly, so it is more important that inferno i think.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #15045
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Oh come on Chris, you know I was just saying "what if". Maybe if they were like, strong against every other element and dispelled or something. Oh wait that's what stupid sharks are for. >=(

PS: As I said before Cam, don't get obsolete skills. I dunno anything about Inferno, but now that it's been brought up, I don't think I saw it get used much in any 4th job videos. Then again, a lot of the vids I've seen were from when it was in the test server and only idiots were playing. But still, max MB with Hurricane would be hilarious. The chance of something spawning on you and being dead before it can hurt you would be pretty good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, speaking of builds, I have NO clue what I'll do in 4th job. About the only thing I'm sure of is that I'll get 1 in Meteo immediately and use it to level a lot. I may just save my points until I figure it all out, but I dunno. If I get Paralyze I'd be better for bossing with people (and could therefore get a zhelm finally), but Demon is easily more powerful, especially once you take the ice golem into account. At least Meteo is ridiculous even at level 1. XD

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #15046
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

If I leave inferno at 21 and go thrustless, I could have 19 MB. Is that ok? MB just seems useful because it's a very fast and very strong mob attack, and I don't have that at all (even in 4th job).

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 12-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #15047
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Yeah.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:50 AM   #15048
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

MB is a useful mob attack? I'm guessing you mean inferno. And really, from what I've seen of 4th job vids, there's no way Inferno (or any mob attack) could outkill SoA. It's just too damn fast. o____O

PS: For those wondering why I never get on, this is what I've been doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0ss1UUhHo

=)

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #15049
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

I just realized im not going to be able to GPQ anymore since i rely on my Earings to equip my rab, any solutions?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 AM   #15050
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr0721 View Post
I just realized im not going to be able to GPQ anymore since i rely on my Earings to equip my rab, any solutions?
Raise your dex.

Or do what Jason was planning on doing. Pick out a piece of your equipment that adds luk. Get a cheap copy of that piece of equipment that adds the same amount of dex as your earring. If all of your equipment adds dex, and you have no gear that adds luk, you're SOL. Try bringing earring dex scrolls with you on each gPQ adventure.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #15051
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
I would think that inferno would be completely obsolete in 4th job except for luring purposes, and pokgai was saying how he never used it at all, 3rd or 4th job, except for luring, which you dont need lv 30 for.

Also, when using SoA, mortal blow comes out 3 times really quickly, so it is more important that inferno i think.
Well, pokgai was a hacker.... So not like he was a normal trainer much of the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
MB is a useful mob attack? I'm guessing you mean inferno. And really, from what I've seen of 4th job vids, there's no way Inferno (or any mob attack) could outkill SoA. It's just too damn fast. o____O

PS: For those wondering why I never get on, this is what I've been doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0ss1UUhHo

=)
Inferno outdamages SoA when it's 5-6 targets. Though that's very limited and it's by very little. It's also not efficient. Inferno is better for himes than rain. Most still go to gobies, however... By time you would want to himes over gobies, you'll be 4th job anyways.

PS Nice vid.

I'd max MB. Hawk at 29 as well. Then, I don't know the rest..... Personally I'd use this hawk in training over the phoenix too. Phoenix doesn't do a lot of damage. Sure level 1 is like 6-7k per hit, but what, every 3 seconds? Who cares. Use it at a boss fight. So yeah definitely keep hawk at level 29. Stun is ****ing amazing. The rest is up to you. I'm sure you'll always want to party with a night lord in the future, as your sharp eyes will increase their power by 40-50%. Strong attacker in your party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrombean View Post
Raise your dex.

Or do what Jason was planning on doing. Pick out a piece of your equipment that adds luk. Get a cheap copy of that piece of equipment that adds the same amount of dex as your earring. If all of your equipment adds dex, and you have no gear that adds luk, you're SOL. Try bringing earring dex scrolls with you on each gPQ adventure.
That's like me telling you to raise your luk, Afro. :P

Either bring a gig if you can or like I'll do, replace a luk robe with the amount of dex your earrings have... If you have 10 dex or less earrings and are wearing a luk robe, that's easy. Just 100% a robe.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #15052
vpr0721
FFR Player

banditcom: "That's like me telling you to raise your luk, Afro. :P

Either bring a gig if you can or like I'll do, replace a luk robe with the amount of dex your earrings have... If you have 10 dex or less earrings and are wearing a luk robe, that's easy. Just 100% a robe."

Umm.. every equipment i have adds Dex.... and NO afro i will not scroll earrings on every gPQ adventure... i really do hope you were joking....ummm guess i will just bring a gig, no biggies.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 AM   #15053
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
That's like me telling you to raise your luk, Afro. :P
Not really...

It'd be more like me not having an int green bandana instead of a zhelm, and you telling me to add APs into str, dex, and luk to be able to equip my Black Umbrella. Somewhat reasonable, but there is a better option available.

Quote:
Umm.. every equipment i have adds Dex.... and NO afro i will not scroll earrings on every gPQ adventure... i really do hope you were joking....ummm guess i will just bring a gig, no biggies.
Of course I was joking...

How about this: how much dex do you need? How much weapon attack does your glove add? How much dex could you get from a glove? How much weapon attack do you lose by using a stupid gigantic instead of your standard scarab? If the amount of attack lost by using a gig is less than the amount of weapon attack your glove adds, you're better off using a gig, but if you lose more weapon attack than your glove adds, you could get yourself a nice dex glove and use that.

See, it's all about problem solving. There are always options. Something else you could do is get even better dex gear to replace your current gear, switch up to a higher claw and save your current one for gPQs. See. Ideas.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:20 AM   #15054
vpr0721
FFR Player

Anywayz, here are some random hackerz i encountered while trying to train. Notice i purposely SS'd as they were taking "3" damage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maple0217.jpg (121.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Maple0219.jpg (157.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 12-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #15055
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

So I just started playing this again (on EuropeMaple ha ha ha oh) and made a warrior, only apparently warriors don't need DEX for equips anymore. Do I still put in 2x my level dex?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:44 AM   #15056
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
So I just started playing this again (on EuropeMaple ha ha ha oh) and made a warrior, only apparently warriors don't need DEX for equips anymore. Do I still put in 2x my level dex?
They never required dex for their equipment.

Only reason a warrior needs dex is for accuracy. If a warrior could have 500 accuracy with 4 total dex, they wouldn't need dex at all.

So basically, only add dex if you need it to 100% hit the monster you're going to be grinding on. If you're serious about it, I would suggest trying to keep your dex as low as possible and relying on gear to get the needed acc/dex.

Also: you suck **** you if you're going to be starting anew anyway, PLAY IN gMS BERA YOU FAGGORT

And about those hacker screenshots: I see a certain player who must have been risking death by dark sighting on top of an aggro'd Black Crow. It's one thing to screenshot from a distance, but to report and screenshot WHILE ON TOP OF AN AGGRO CROW? That's stupid.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #15057
Tibs
FFR Player

I can't play on gMS because the nazi fucks blocked my IP from logging on even though I had an account before they started that shit.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #15058
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
I can't play on gMS because the nazi fucks blocked my IP from logging on even though I had an account before they started that shit.
Did you try it on the account that you had before?

Did you try opening a ticket and complaining?

Did you try using a proxy?

Did you try not sucking?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #15059
Tibs
FFR Player

I DID NOT TRY ON THAT ACCOUNT I HAD BEFORE but I can't remember the username. BRB looking through all my spare email accounts.

Yes, I have tried Proxy. Gameguard spasms and dosen't let me in.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #15060
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

don't know if this still works since it's kinda old but did you do this?

http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289549