Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd
Default All in good fun (major prank inside)

Ok, so myspace had this contest to see who could find Jason Bourne, a made up account so as to promote the movie, The Bourne supremacy. Well after not being able to find the winner, my frustration turned into evil acts. "Treadstone", who is suggested to start looking for him, tells everyone to keep your eyes peeled for David Webb, his real name. So what did I do? Of course. I created a david webb account.

I even made a new hotmail account to david_webb94 to be more realistic.

But the best part of this scam was...the responses I got from the sly blonde who thought she was clever enough to find me.

and without further ado, the "real" David webb site, complete with the moron who found me(her pic is under the friends list):

http://profile.myspace.com/users/5456685 (URL fixed)

here's the series of messages from our shining star:

Her:

"May I please be your friend?????????? pretty please
-lil hottie"

Me:

I'm not supposed to be friends with any users...but since you were the first person to find me(and the grand winner)...Yes, you can be my friend

Her:

Well tahnkyou...and to think the blonde girl found you first he he...guess I just changed that whole stupid blonde motto he he

Her:

do I delete your pic from my friends llist so as people do not so easily find you?

Me:

The contest is over. You have already won. I suggest reporting to Treadstone for claiming your prize.

D. Webb.

random messages from another person who thought they've won:

-hey bourne
i found you, wow do i win????add me to ur friends please ahahaha!!

I also have like 25 other people begging to be my friend so they can claim their prize.

If anyone's interested in posting stuff:

go to www.myspace.com and log in as:
Email account: David_Webb94@hotmail.com
Password: pooppoop

I wonder if the people running the contest will get pissed...hehe
Lupin_the_3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac

OMFG...... Use the begging to get stuff from people.... Can anyone say 'PayPal'? hahaha

DO IT! PAYPAL! GO! hahaha

OMG.... That blonde would SO donate $5 to you for shipping and handling for the 'prize' or something.... lol

You gotta keep us updated on what's happening.... This is just too funny.....
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

good idea. Minus the "getting arrested for fraud" part.

I love how nobody's caught onto this yet, nor have they noticed that Cohasset Massachussets is an unlikely place for an assassin who has always lived in NY, NY.

I also posted on the real David Webb's site: "you're an imposter, I can't believe that you people can believe that this is the real thing. Your IP will be shortly banned for fraud and attempting to spoil a contest." (it was much more professional looking, I'm just giving you the main idea. It hasn't been posted up yet (it has to be approved)

Oh, and once you get the real david webb site, it's all like: "jk! I was here two minutes ago, now go find me without any lead, other than you can catch me if you were a bourne identity *** and memorized every line"
Old 07-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #4
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
good idea. Minus the "getting arrested for fraud" part.
Fraud? I don't see any fraud in the fact that you would be setting up a paypal account to scam people on a publicly well known site being advertised to millions that would cash plenty enough of revenue to you through means of lying/cheating you identity, herego visavis therefore henceforth causing you to get arrested (which ironically enough is what this movie is about....lying/cheating your identity...lol)..... fraud..... what fraud? lol

Cmon.... Just think about all the blondes you could be getting money from.... It's like..... Reverse whoring.... kind of... not really... lol

25 people wanting things from you times $5 each..... You do the math.... That is a nice sum of money from just creating an email account and posting a bit.... hahaha
Old 07-20-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

you're begging the question.

But seriously, if you tell them to give you money for something and they don't get something in return, you can get in trouble. That is, unless, the movie prop turns out to be a used tissue actually blown on Matt Damons nose on the set of The Bourne Supremacy. Now there's an idea.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:29 PM   #6
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Hmmmmmmmmm........

Can anyone say 'EBay'? Hahaha....

I think there is a perfectly good way to scam people on that website as well.....

"And for only $95, with a mere $5 bid increase, you will get an ACTUAL tissue used by Matt Damon when he had the runs, on the set of Bourne Supremacy"

Hahaha.... Come on.... Some people actually spent money on buying canned air imported from Tijuana for crying out loud..... Hahaha.... Silly blondes.....
Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 PM   #7
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Random kid:
well shit on me
ha ha guess i lost

so far I have 3 pages of people begging to be my friend
Old 07-20-2004, 12:52 PM   #8
Sinjin
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Sinjin Send a message via AIM to Sinjin Send a message via MSN to Sinjin Send a message via Yahoo to Sinjin

This is actually quite impressive. Good job, Lupin.

Although I'm amazed they haven't caught on to you yet....
Sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #9
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

haha good stuff. Here is the original message I posted:

After a long and tedious search for me, it appears a winner has been found. "****L'il hottie****" (see under my friends list) is the new owner of a real prop used in the upcoming movie, "The Bourne Supremacy. Unfortunately for everyone else, you're too late. The contest is over. It appears superior intellect and reflex has won the day here. Over and out.

-D. Webb

Lilhottie:

real prop...may we please consider Matt Damon a prop and send him my way lol....Thanks for the very interesting day!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #10
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

lilhottie:
prize
Now Iam not a U.S resident...so may I pick a friend to enter in the draw instead?

What should I do? This could get interesting.

Edit: haha sh, this almost ruined me:

Random (may I add, hot) chick wrote: Thats real cute, considering you just signed up today....

Luckily, her looks matched her wits and followed with:

and people have been looking since the contest started. Not fair really
Old 07-20-2004, 01:36 PM   #11
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Excellent prank. I wish I could have found him. While I did not memorize the book, in the book he had ALOT of Aliases..Cain, Delta, Medusa, you name it. Good book.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:39 PM   #12
qualy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to qualy Send a message via Yahoo to qualy

I just signed into that hotmail account... 19 new messages. Almost all asking to be your friend. Except for the "welcome to hotmail" and a couple from myspace. 0_o

edit: And the ones in the junk mail are almost all messages from lil' hottie. :P
qualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #13
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

"i know who you are...I can help you."

What the hell? These people are starting to freak me out.

Oh, and if anyone wants to go through with the paypal prank, be my guest (I don't have a credit card)
Old 07-20-2004, 02:12 PM   #14
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

I've lost faith in humanity:

-Your hot you should do me sometimes huh I MENT CALL, YA CALL ME SOMETIMES.

-David
Hey it may appear that lilhottie is the real winner but just in case it is a setup may i be your friend
JD

-let there be a second place winner to get tickets to the movies or a free bourne identity DVD
hey like the other guy said can there be a second or third place winner? thank you if there is
Jens

These people just don't get it.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:49 PM   #15
aracelibercelle
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aracelibercelle Send a message via Yahoo to aracelibercelle

Man, that is sad. Really sad. These people really are scary. And slow.

Excellent prank though, Lupin. =)

Jewpinthethird: I could poke you all night...
aracelibercelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #16
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

Before they catch on to you, mail the winner and tell her she has also won a 20 minute online conversation with the guy who starred in the movie. make a aol screenname like jason bourne and chat invite her and act like an asshole. all her friends will watch her get made fun by a famous guy. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:41 PM   #17
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

why don't you? Everyone here has access to my account.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:49 PM   #18
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

What complete idiots. I am strongly reminded of aimgirl.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:28 PM   #19
ddrking133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrking133 Send a message via MSN to ddrking133

Thats real cute, considering you just signed up today....and people have been looking since the contest started. Not fair really

Posted by Temper Tantrum on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 11:11 AM - Remove

well one person knows
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #20
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

I dunno, i thought she just meant that it wasn't fair that the prize could only be won that day...

more reasons why people suck:

So who are you really..being as I found you may I know the true owner of the stage name? Can't be Matt, cause oh my god...
Tonya

Got cut short with the last message sorry...darn puters lol....ok now that I have trembling fingers and such lol I jus thave to ad that Good Will Hunting was the best flick you ever did. Being as I am Canadian (eh lol) and do not qualify for the contest, maybe for being such a pro I could simply just have a true autograph pic or something. I sit here with the school girl giggles as I type this. I have to say to you that you have honestly kept a very low key about yourself. You never seem to let the *stardom* go to your head. You seem to be a truely genuine soul. I guess that is why I have always admired you. Not one of those cheesy crushes or such just was in *awe* of your simplicity. I am sure it is very hard to stay *real* in the big sceen, but you seem to pull it off well. I have always said to my friends the only Mr. Right out there is you lol (blushing) I am at such a loss for words...what do you say to the one person whom you adore for just about everything he stands for...it is almost surreal. As for you being single, I am sure it is for all of the best reasons. It must be hard to find real people who would love you simply for you and not the name. But I bet it is just a fun seing all of the girls(like myself) wooing(however it is spelt) over you. I am sure having a enterage becomes a bit of a duldrum after awhile though lol O.k. So I am still in shock....that may take a few days to wear off...forget that I found David Webb I just typed an email to you he he And the Grand Prize is...a reply?????????? Now if I am typing to someone that is not whom I am hoping it to be...don't I just look all silly and such...good thing I live here in Canada and will not be sitting across the supper table from anyone lol Anyways, may I say it is an honour and a pleasure just to type a simple note to you. I hope your brief "vacation" is wonderful and I hope you find the love that you trully deserve someday!!!!! again, you are a soul like none other!!!!!! I look forward to hopefully recieving a reply *wink* he he
Tonya

yaaaay i won! i've never won before... sniff sniff
-Deana

This space is now dedicated to saying how this contest was gayer than Gus Van Sant.
-E.J.