Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-1-2007, 04:15 AM   #14641
Newbified
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

When the advertisements came up, did you click "Play" at the bottom of the ads?
Old 10-1-2007, 02:13 PM   #14642
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

ok so there was this "interview" with a nexon rep posted that said a few things about future things for maplestory that seemed very uncharacteristic for a nexon rep to say

things like "leafre is still months away" and "there is going to be a level 101 boss for Halloween" and my favorite being in response to the questioner asking about fangblade being a hacker, he says "he has too much time on his hands".

Totally fake right? Well apparently, the interview DID happen and it was with ****ing nxprose of all people (for those who don't know, he's the sadistic buttplug of a community rep who acts like he's giving us info or something but it's all just teases, bull****, and worthless garbage).

So yeah, no Leafre for a long time, meaning no 4th job for an even longer amount of time, meaning I have nothing left to look forward to. The only way they could get more high levels to quit is if they removed pine forest, ludi dungeon, and aqua dungeon on the grounds that there aren't enough high levels to use it yet

Incidentally, I was already planning on slowing down my grinding, but now I think I'm done. I'll be on to chat and things, no doubt, but no ****ing way I'm wasting my time anymore if they're going to continue to be inconsiderate, even with Dreamy Ghost making the 120+ population boom.

And honestly, I am so pissed off about this. Seriously, I want to rape those bastards so much. Like... I'm not even gay and I would totally brutally sodomize every single one of them. And heck, I wouldn't even use my own catfish... I'd have to go for something more like say, the wide end of a baseball bat... with barbed wire on it.

ps maplestory ds is ****ing garbage wtf dude

EDIT oh and by the way, no one is allowed to mention the fact that I'm barely within the range for 4th job, because I've been wanting this **** for ****ing months, even at the point where 4th job level range was literally outside of my grasp and the only reason Ive even made it this far is thanks to dreamy ghosts

seriously why would you ****ing release that and 2x exp if you want everyone to quit before level 120. Honestly, if I played as much as A LOT OF PEOPLE DO, I would be getting 2-3 levels EVERY DAY until the exponential curve ****ing kills me, then I'd still be getting at least 1 every day for a long time.

Last edited by Afrobean; 10-1-2007 at 02:18 PM..
Old 10-1-2007, 03:42 PM   #14643
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
i'm pretty excited for MapleStory DS - the video i saw looked pretty good.

just started raising a bowman. level 23 right now, any tips from you long time Maplers of the bowman class?
Um, archers are the least played class in maplestory, due to them being one of the hardest classes to level. Leveling is cake to 30, alright to 40, and by 50, 90% of the people who started archers quit. So, its pretty hard for you. If you don't want slow leveling until 70, dont be an archer. We level as fast as like pages and like...spearmen XD.

Pros: Better dmg than warriors 1st & 2nd job...(I dont know which idiot though warriors were the strongest class 2nd job)
Range (uses less pots)
Has cool bows.
Cheap equips (really really cheap compared to sins)

Cons:
Levels slow as hell.
Xbow levels even slower than hunter...
Uses same attack for 60 lvls or so.

I personally like how archers attack, but if you dont like it at 2x, just quit... If you made an archer to get that flashy hurricane skill...you probably wont get there...so make another class thats easier to level.

I have a lv 67 hunter which I don't play much now. He got 15% an hour at FoG with a zhelm, 11 attack WG, 99/3 dex BoMD, 9 dex 1 str shoes, 19 dex 1 str overall, 8 dex cape- proof that archers lv slow as hell, even with decent equips.

Random facts

-Jumpshooting is very useful, learn to do it = faster training
-Luster pixies are BAD exp, whoever said they were good exp is a fool.
-FoG is good exp at 6x
-Sakura cellions are the best exp from 30-50... Drop a whole bunch of money too
-Str-less archers are excellent, they 0wn normal archers...BADLY. IMO make str-less archer, you wont regret it (you even get to wear archer overalls as they dont have a str requirement lv 50+)

Last edited by Fimbulvetr; 10-1-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 10-1-2007, 06:14 PM   #14644
Godnick

Alright now when I try to log in, it immediately closes, after entering the annoying pointless pin.

Old 10-1-2007, 07:32 PM   #14645
B0NK
FFR Player

Does anyone know anything about scroll lock not taking screen shots and how to fix it?

ps about to go solo pap completely..ill update it when i finish/die.
Old 10-1-2007, 09:49 PM   #14646
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0NK View Post
Does anyone know anything about scroll lock not taking screen shots and how to fix it?

My scroll lock also has that problem >.>.
Old 10-1-2007, 10:55 PM   #14647
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
I have a lv 67 hunter which I don't play much now. He got 15% an hour at FoG with a zhelm, 11 attack WG, 99/3 dex BoMD, 9 dex 1 str shoes, 19 dex 1 str overall, 8 dex cape- proof that archers lv slow as hell, even with decent equips.

Random facts

-Jumpshooting is very useful, learn to do it = faster training
-Luster pixies are BAD exp, whoever said they were good exp is a fool.
-FoG is good exp at 6x
-Sakura cellions are the best exp from 30-50... Drop a whole bunch of money too
-Str-less archers are excellent, they 0wn normal archers...BADLY. IMO make str-less archer, you wont regret it (you even get to wear archer overalls as they dont have a str requirement lv 50+)
I laughed at this. You new kids are so spoiled :P Lusters were KICKASS before ludi came out because zombies were always so crowded. 1 hit kill 95% of the time for 135 exp and good drops (Plus the chance of a 60% cape int scroll which was like 3 mil at the time!) you can't beat that man. Haha but yes I would listen to him since I haven't played in a long ass time :P

Still trying to get to 90 but I got sidetracked and went looking through fm -_- When I get to 90 I'll probably quit my archer and get my f/p mage to 70. Mist lawl.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 10-1-2007, 11:42 PM   #14648
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0NK View Post
Use print screen and paste into paint or use something like fraps. There is no fix as far as I know.

Quote:
Be prepared to be sitting there fruitlessly when he starts healing himself.

Even if you use pie, it should take you over 2 hours I think. I was personally projecting about 3 hours on my own run before I realized he healed himself so much.

And as for the strless archer comment, they go in levels... They're stronger for a while, then they're weaker, then they get maple weapon and are stronger, then after a while they're weaker, then they get bow of magical destruction and are stronger, then after a while they're weaker. I believe the highest level that they're stronger is about 90. Definitely worth doing for fun, I'd say, since the strength and weakness balances mostly. Also, less weapon upgrading theoretically means less money spent on equips.
Old 10-1-2007, 11:51 PM   #14649
B0NK
FFR Player

Yeah, Afro, hes a healing bish:

This was about ~35 minutes into it, lol. I wish I had more pies because I'd like to use them instead of apples.
And I had MG on but died without losing any magic...

Would have more SS's but as you know, it doesn't work for me :[

I need your help, Chris

Last edited by B0NK; 10-1-2007 at 11:56 PM..
Old 10-2-2007, 12:24 AM   #14650
ckj846
FFR Player

Finally. Replace that with a metus =(!!! Eventually.

O_o
Old 10-2-2007, 01:25 AM   #14651
Afrombean
FFR Player

dude bonk i have been online a lot and you're never on

When do you play? Saturday, Sunday, Monday night between 11PM and 7AM? Or is it just Wednesday and Thursday from 5PM to 10PM?

You know, I have Friday free of both work and class, so let me know when you'll be on and I can be sure to set my sleeping schedule to coincide with it.

Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure that if you don't have enough HP to take the hit, you simply won't lose any MP.
Old 10-2-2007, 01:39 AM   #14652
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

DON'T DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Just pay ten bucks a month and play a real MMO!!! lol. You'll feel better at the end of the month..
Old 10-2-2007, 02:38 AM   #14653
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
Just pay ten bucks a month and play a real MMO!!! lol. You'll feel better at the end of the month..
MapleStory is one of the top 10 most played MMOs there are.

OOPS LOL

In all seriousness, I've tried more than a few of the "real" MMOs (your words, not mine), and they were all not fun at all. Some of us are fans of 2d pixel art. Some of us are fans of platformer-RPG combos. Some of us are fans of both. I really don't want to play a typical 3D piece of garbage, even if everyone else thinks it's far better, and I really don't appreciate you acting like your taste in gaming makes all games that you don't prefer to not be "real" games.

EDIT: oh and by the way, I'd rather have the choice to pay or not, rather than simply having to pay, and in fact, the company will make more money off of me this way. So LOL at your game's business model.
Old 10-2-2007, 07:45 PM   #14654
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

I just dont like lusters because random dmg made me 2 hit too much at 64ish, and that the map requires way too much climbing. I personally love the layout of Cloud Park V, but i didn't even 100% OHKO the Lunars.

FYI, lusters give 155, not 135 exp.
I also tend not to find any scrolls when I scroll hunt >.>.
Old 10-2-2007, 09:43 PM   #14655
atalkingcow
FFR Player

-.- I want to play maplestory, but it wont work. -.-

Basically, it starts up, goes to a white screen, plays the Wizet noise, and then crashes.

My computer is an IBM T20 with an 800 something MHz Processor.
My OS is Windows 2000, and My harddrive is clean, almost nothing on it but MS and Stepmania.

If anyone has any ideas at all, I'm comepletely out, and about to go nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama;
Jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex :) View Post
I'm setting up camp in my closet (it's suprisingly comfy in there!).
Old 10-3-2007, 09:39 AM   #14656
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

New computer. And by new I mean something that isn't 8 years old.
Old 10-3-2007, 11:52 AM   #14657
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Weeeeeee, what up?
Old 10-3-2007, 05:26 PM   #14658
ckj846
FFR Player

Quote:
I just dont like lusters because random dmg made me 2 hit too much at 64ish, and that the map requires way too much climbing. I personally love the layout of Cloud Park V, but i didn't even 100% OHKO the Lunars.

FYI, lusters give 155, not 135 exp.
I also tend not to find any scrolls when I scroll hunt >.>.
Cloud Park V was amazing o.o You just went in a huge counter-clockwise circle and killed everything pretty fast. Meso drop is good and when I said scroll hunting, I meant doing the exchange quest. You could level up your low level characters and get pots and money for them ^_^ That's how I got my sin to 30, on EQs alone. Too bad I forgot the password to that thing haha -_-

Oh and PS: Going through FM is a bitch. Ugh. It's horribly overpriced. Can't even find a decent overall -_-...

O_o
Old 10-3-2007, 07:06 PM   #14659
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Quote:
That's more than what my level 44 Spearman gets per hour. With standard level 40 Spearman Equipment, a Maple Impaler(weapon attack: 77), etc, I get about 12% per hour of straight hardcore training at Secret Factory.
Old 10-3-2007, 10:19 PM   #14660
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
That's more than what my level 44 Spearman gets per hour. With standard level 40 Spearman Equipment, a Maple Impaler(weapon attack: 77), etc, I get about 12% per hour of straight hardcore training at Secret Factory.
That seems...kind of low o.O, perhaps you should try something else. And I spent...like 300 mil in equips (At the time of purchase, not after mass deflation), so I have an increased leveling speed compared to most.
Closed Thread