Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #21
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAppleEater

time always has exsisted. Even if there was nothing time was going. Before anything happened and there was no universe or before what ever you believe happened there was still time, i believe that the unvirse has always been so things could have happened to something and it would have happened in a period of time. Even if you believe that at one pont there was nothing, there was nothing for a certain amount of time. No matter how i look at it there has always been time. There was time before we were created and ther was time before our solar system was created. No matter what went on before us time accurred.
TheAppleEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:43 PM   #22
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
But... time flows like a river... and history repeats.

<3 SOM
Because, if time is like a river, then it will ultimately empty into the ocean or another large body of water where it will evaporate into the atmosphere and form clouds which will ultimately preciatate and eventually fall into the same river from which it originated....or soemthing like that.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #23
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
But... time flows like a river... and history repeats.

<3 SOM
Because, if time is like a river, then it will ultimately empty into the ocean or another large body of water where it will evaporate into the atmosphere and form clouds which will ultimately preciatate and eventually fall into the same river from which it originated....or soemthing like that.
But that entire process takes a little time which is kind of a paradox, unless Time can be controlled by Time.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:55 PM   #24
Jordy0823
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jordy0823

This is just like there is no such thing as Tomorrow... because when it becomes the next day it is Today
Jordy0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #25
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

*poke apple*

time was created by humans. it's a physical/mathmatical manifestation of what the universe calls "sh!t happening".

besides. if humans werent here, time wouldnt exist. sh!t would happen, oh yes, but there would be no time. if every human died, nobody would be there to say it's noon, and nobody would care, because the earth did just fine without humans telling it what time it was.

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
NeoDarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #26
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Ok im goign to refer to a saying that i absolutely hate... If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one or nothing is around to haer it, does it make a sound? Of course it makes a sound. Sound is waves that the ear picks up and turns it into what we hear... So if there is a dollar on the ground and no one is around to pick it up, it still exists. Time does exist... The word might not have existed but there would stil be a noon if we werent here it just wouldnt be called noon. If you are looking at time as 1:00 on saturday in May 1989, your looking at it in the wrong way... We created marking points for time, without the marking points time would still go on but nothing would record it, but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #27
Happyfoot
FFR Player

Wow I was looking through these forums and I just had to start an account for the sole purpose of informing NeoDarkHheart that you are lacking some very important brain cells. Or to be blunt you're stupid, seriouly if I were you I'd constantly hate myself for being so stupid. I'm usually never this opinionated toward a subject but you have no logic to back up anything you say. Do you even read what they are telling you? Can you even read what they are telling you? Is your mommy telling you what they wrote? To type are you using one of those voice programs the takes what you say and puts it in text onto your computer. Thats honestly how stupid I believe you are. So far you've shown no signs of any form of CRITICAL THINKING which is what this area is designated for isn't it? Lemme try to highlight what they've been tryingg to tell you. TIME is the NAME we gave to the PHENOMENON that occurs. Whether you want to NAME it TIME or you could even name it BOB, point is it's there by ALL NATURAL means. NO Human could put it there. Humans created MANY MEASUREMENTS, TIME happens to be ONE of the MEASUREMENTS that HUMANS designed in order to MEASURE certian QUANTITIES of something already in EXISTENCE. I hope this makes sense to you otherwise I'll explain it as I would a elementary student and that's no joke. If you can't understand this concept than god help you. That brings me to a good question. You're entitled to with-hold this information, but what (if any) religious belief do you follow? I think that may possibly be the primary source for your faults : p
Happyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:54 PM   #28
brutisgrr
FFR Player

Time is an illusion created by human to let him/her think that what he/she is doing is worthwhile to the rest of the universe. All matter is always moving, and all that remains of yesterday is a record of where the matter used to be. Thats why time travel will never work. Because the past doesn't exist anymore (unless there's more than universe... Ack! it hurts!), we can never return to it except by recreating the movements and patterns that once were. The future is, technically, where we will be later, in a different position every step of the way. Even more technically, there is no present, just the future becoming what we are now.

And true phychics are people that can read events as they are now and try to make an educated guess on what will happen in the future. None of that "you're gonna live long" or " you'll make lots of money" crap.
brutisgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2004, 12:20 AM   #29
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Happyfoot, since you are so keen on pointing out the lack of logic in other's posts, how about I point out yours. In another thread, NeoDarkHeart and I established the fact that Time is the name that humans have given to something we call Duration, another name for the phenonmenon. Time is simply the measurment. Duration is the actual movement of existance.

Now, for your largest mistakes. Half of your post was entirely bringing down the writer. This is wrong, especially when you only read what seems to be one short post the writer made. He knows better, you know better, we all know better. If he is at fault for continuing a previously stated post from another thread, what are you? Correct? You claimed him wrong for stating the exact same thing as you did. The only difference is in the wording.

Q

EDIT: Use logic in yours as well. Putting the writer down doesn't count as logic.

Note: this post does not further the discussion at all. Please just ignore it and move on.
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2004, 01:30 AM   #30
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

He didn't say the same thing as NeoDarkHeart. He said the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDarkHeart
time was created by humans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfoot
TIME is the NAME we gave to the PHENOMENON that occurs
How those come out to be the same thing is beyond me.

And if you and NeoDarkHeart established that in another thread why was he so reluctant to agree with me in this thread?
Old 07-1-2004, 01:47 AM   #31
Jam930
FFR Player

Time = Rate of Change.
Old 07-2-2004, 01:43 AM   #32
The_Q
FFR Player

Duration is the rate of existance's movement. Jamie call it the rate of change.Duration is measured in time.

NeoDarkHeart said time was made by humans. Time was made by humans. Time is the measurement made by humans to measure duration. Allow me to paint a picture: If a boy had his picture taken every year of his life on his birthday until the day he died, all of those pictures would be a cross-section of his duration. We measure the distance between the cross-sections with time.

I can't answer your question about NeoDarkHeart's reluctance, but I assure you that he is undoubtedly either contemplating the thought still or that he is explaining it in as many ways as possible so as to allow others to understand the concept.

Q
Old 07-4-2004, 03:36 PM   #33
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

the phenomenon, as you call it, is not the big hand moving around in a circle. it's sh!t happening that really is the only proof that what you consider to be "time" exists at all, and that's only proof if you consider sh!t happening to be in sequence with other sh!t that happens.

i dont.

i just see a bunch of sh!t happening. if you have the frame of mind to consider everything to be one flat plane, then you'll understand me. it's not stupid, it's simplified. it's all in context to what you want to see the world as. i'd rather see it as something i like to call "a lot of stuff", whereas someone else would see it as something more complicated, but be seeing the same thing, and call it something like "a planet, with animals, plants, humans, belief, evil, good, honesty, lies, science, religion, entertainment, vision, blindness, mountains and oceans".

we see the same thing, but instead of having all that laid out on the desktop of our perception to clutter our mind, i'd rather put all that stuff into a folder, and look at the folder. if i want to see more, i can look inside, but i'm not forced to look at everything inside everytime i think of the folder.

yeah, you could say time is natural, and the blooming of a flower is proof. adversely, i can say that time is a flat and long plane of existence, and the flower bloomed. sh!t happened.

the blooming of a flower could be considered to be something that happens over the course of time.

i say it's something that happens. if i had a flower in my backyard, and it hasnt bloomed yet, and i left town and came back every week or so, and looked at the flower, i'd see the flower as the flower. not as a blooming flower, or as a bloomed flower, or a flower that's whatever percentage to full bloom.
it's a flower. if it blooms, good for the flower. doesnt mean time has passed, it means that the flower bloomed.

the fact that time could be completely ignored and the world would remain the same debunks the theory of it being a natural occurance.

you can't ignore that sh!t happens - you can ignore time, though. sh!t happening is a natural occurance.

sh!t happens. time doesnt.

EDIT: btw - i've been doing other stuff, and havent been able to check the forum. sry bout that.

Stats
Old 07-4-2004, 03:44 PM   #34
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Uhg... I thought we were done.
Old 07-4-2004, 05:28 PM   #35
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

lol... whatever that is on your head in your avatar says we're not. =P

Stats
Old 07-4-2004, 07:22 PM   #36
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

It's a monster from Star Wars Galaxies chasing me.
Old 07-5-2004, 12:14 AM   #37
The_Q
FFR Player

HOLY CRAP! THE RELEVANCE OF SW:G IS ASTOUNDING! Ok, I got that out of my system. I love it...the upgrade at least. Mmmmmm...my own ship to use to blow up yours. Oh yeah.

Anywho, I do believe that is almost what I said, NeoDarkHeart. Almost. I said that time is a measurment to see how much duration has passed from one event (shi!t happening) to another event happening (more sh!t). It is rather linear, which makes it seem too damn easy. I tend to see thing in three dimensions, or four in this case, so the whole idea that it can be this simple is bothering me. For the love of Spoonerisms, we're mainly 13-21 year olds discussing theories on time. Something we said must have made something wrong. It's just too easy.

Or I'm just damned paranoid. Whatever.

Q
Old 07-5-2004, 02:50 AM   #38
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

My last post was a response, it wasn't a random off topic post... so it wasn't that bad.
Old 07-5-2004, 02:54 AM   #39
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleEater
My last post was a response, it wasn't a random of topic post... so it wasn't that bad.
off*

So many people mix up of and off and to and too when it's so simple.
Old 07-5-2004, 02:19 PM   #40
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

much like Q, i blame it on age. =P

Stats