Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #41
Sequal
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sequal
Default Re: Why are you Agnostic?

that isnt what i was trying to portray to you, im sorry i failed doing that. what i was trying to say, is expand your mind away from that higher purpose. maybe look into different subjects. Look into Heaven and Hell. they are very interesting to here about. My opinion on heaven and hell is, Heaven and Hell are what you make of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Tass, you deserve something at the 20,000 mark, like a title that says "Lifeless Poster"
Sequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #42
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequal View Post
that isnt what i was trying to portray to you, im sorry i failed doing that. what i was trying to say, is expand your mind away from that higher purpose. maybe look into different subjects. Look into Heaven and Hell. they are very interesting to here about. My opinion on heaven and hell is, Heaven and Hell are what you make of them.
I have expanded my mind trust me on this. To me it seems that your mind is closed off towards up and down, right and wrong, heaven and hell. It is what you make of them I agree and in my opinion I would not consider that on the other side it's so simple that there is only two worlds. Heaven and Hell is only a perception so open your mind up I ask and look beyond yourself. A good soul will live his own way of life and a bad soul his way.

Epic thread killer
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #43
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Thats just one reason. I just find that this universe couldn't have been created by random chance.
Yeah, because improbability = impossibility.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #44
Lucifericrucifix
Pathogen.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucifericrucifix

I don't believe in a third party (predominantly mythological) determining your actions and life despite how it's influenced modern day law, and things of that nature. I don't see it useful in the context of organized religion. I'm Agnostic per se' because I don't know all and I can't say there isn't a God, such would be as guilty as strictly believing there is one and I don't know everything, therefore I reuse to believe I do. If there is, cool, if not, cool too. Personally, it's not something that bothers me or something I really even care much towards.

The concept of Heaven and Hell is a bit ridiculous, and I don't truly believe in that either unless it's simple context that being, action/reaction in a more realistic sense that relate more to morality than eternal damnation, or some mythological thing.

In the end, I'm really just against Organized Religion, so I end up here after proper thought and all the like.
"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith in God is absurd, since it is impossible to know, or understand His purpose."
Lucifericrucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #45
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
i don't think he's talking about 1/10 improbability. more like 10^-40,000 improbability.

i'm not agnostic, but i think it would be one of the most respectable positions to take.
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #46
_Gem_
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to _Gem_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi View Post
I have expanded my mind trust me on this. To me it seems that your mind is closed off towards up and down, right and wrong, heaven and hell. It is what you make of them I agree and in my opinion I would not consider that on the other side it's so simple that there is only two worlds. Heaven and Hell is only a perception so open your mind up I ask and look beyond yourself. A good soul will live his own way of life and a bad soul his way.
I have opened my mind. the thing is, why do you say things are good and bad? nothing is good or bad. things are things that happen. you cant classify them. Like is said somewhere above, if it isnt bad, then it isnt good.

P.s. lol this is Sequal, my off account.
_Gem_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #47
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Quote:
So you're going to say that God exists because our body is complex? That's a ridiculous notion.
it is a reason though.
tell me, what are the odds of every bone in your body being in the proper place? 204^2 (higher than the population of humanity for all of history)
what are the chances of all your muscles being in the same place? 600+^2
your organs?
your feet? hands?
The chances are so small that any one of us would be normal is so astronomically small, it would be impossible to have a normal human for may millions and millions of years.
and once again, if the big bang did occur, where did the spec come from?

In the end, I look at it this way, I'm willing to believe in god and religion because if I'm wrong and go to heaven for being a good person, I'm fine with that but I'd much rather believe in god than risk chances of going to hell if it is true.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #48
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator

actually, those reasons aren't too convincing. there are better reasons to believe in divine power. our DNA very accurately provides directions on how to construct a human body. there are, after all, millions and millions of base pairs on a single chromosome.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #49
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

That was entirely the wrong set of concepts to appeal to, when discussing the long odds.

You'd be better served looking at the potential possible values of the force of gravity, and the weak and strong nuclear forces. They have a wider range they could have been, and a dramatically smaller margin of error to still end up with the universe as we percieve it existing.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #50
Sequal
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sequal

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
That was entirely the wrong set of concepts to appeal to, when discussing the long odds.

You'd be better served looking at the potential possible values of the force of gravity, and the weak and strong nuclear forces. They have a wider range they could have been, and a dramatically smaller margin of error to still end up with the universe as we percieve it existing.

Kinda getting off Subject there buddy. Not completely but lol anyways, *Bull **** Post *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Tass, you deserve something at the 20,000 mark, like a title that says "Lifeless Poster"
Sequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #51
Dragula219
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi View Post
I believe deep down inside that if anyone looked hard enough we would understand that in the end no matter what we believed or believe now you can't deny the fact of a higher existence. I have faith and I'm sure we have a deeper reason for existing than just scientific theories.

Edit: I think this should be moved to critical thinking.
Speak for yourself not others. It isn't a question of understanding, it a question of faith, and personally I think it comes down to weather you need to have a god/explanation for life or not to live happy.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #52
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

I'm agnostic because i am unsure of whether the existence of a higher power is even plausible. Pretty much what tokzic said.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #53
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The day where a currently unproven almighty, or divine if you will, power shall come up to me and tap me on the shoulder telling me that it is in fact divine and real...well that's the day I will scratch the turntables and start to believe in something that is there (that is..if I'm not diagnosed as being clinically insane). As far as I'm concerned, I believe in nothing. Putting your hopes into something that is not there is only misleading to your own self. A lot of Christians that I know, unfortunately, are ignorant.

Saying that there is a God watching over everyone, and having no proof of it is like saying I AAA'd Crowdpleaser. Where's my proof? Well, unfortunately I don't have it, so you should just believe in it anyways. It's ridiculous. I am an agnostic and am open to anything that shall prove itself.
TD_m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #54
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
it is a reason though.
tell me, what are the odds of every bone in your body being in the proper place? 204^2 (higher than the population of humanity for all of history)
what are the chances of all your muscles being in the same place? 600+^2
your organs?
your feet? hands?
The chances are so small that any one of us would be normal is so astronomically small, it would be impossible to have a normal human for may millions and millions of years.
and once again, if the big bang did occur, where did the spec come from?

In the end, I look at it this way, I'm willing to believe in god and religion because if I'm wrong and go to heaven for being a good person, I'm fine with that but I'd much rather believe in god than risk chances of going to hell if it is true.

Then why do we have 2 eyes? 1 nose? 1 mouth? 2 feet? 2 hands? 1 neck? The body naturally adapted that way over time. People evolve..evolution is a fact. Over millions and millions upon more millions of years, the body better have been suited to be like it is now.
TD_m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #55
OrganisM
FFR Player

How many times do I have to say it?

IMPROBABLE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS IMPOSSIBLE.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 09-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #56
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
I feel it is more probable for a greater being to have created the universe though.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #57
agent000_77
FFR Player

I am not agnostic...and no I am not going to preach to you. Being agnostic has many reasons some of which actually have a good point. I just wanted to state that evolution is wrong. YOU ARE ALL SHEEP!!!

The reasons people believe the theory of evolution originate in the school education system. Kids are taught that life can evolve given enough time. This is a false statement without any scientific support. They are taught that a monkey at a typewriter could punch keys at random and would type Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet if given enough time. This is nonsense. These government educated kids(at least, some of the more "mentally challenged") actually believe this nonsense, just ask one of them. Time does not make impossible things possible. As an example, a computer was programmed in an attempt to arrive at the simple 26 letter alphabet. After 35,000,000,000,000 (35 trillion) attempts it has only arrived at 14 letters correctly. What are the odd that a simple single cell organism could evolve with the complexity of more than 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations all in the correct places? Never in eternity. Time does not make impossible things possible.

Evolution in the long term has been proven false. Simple as that. If you need more evidence I will post it.
agent000_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #58
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator

evolution in the long term has not been proven false. it hasn't been proven true or false. no one with knowledge of that theory has ever observed a population for millions of years. it's just based on how you interpret evidence of the small changes that have been observed today.

also, religious tensions, corruptions, and contradictions have NOTHING to do with the existence of god.

oh, and one could easily call both atheists and religious people sheeps. i think agnostics are the only non-sheep in some ways. (keep in mind i'm not one of them, though)

Last edited by ledwix; 09-27-2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #59
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I feel it is more probable for a greater being to have created the universe though.
But your earlier reasoning dictated that anything otherwise seems like an impossibility, thus improbability = impossibility, and probability = certainty.

Uhh..?

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #60
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
But your earlier reasoning dictated that anything otherwise seems like an impossibility, thus improbability = impossibility, and probability = certainty.

Uhh..?

I said the chances that we were created by chance is VERY improbable, not impossible
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote