Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #14361
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

holysh!t@ respawn of these things do they multiply when you kill them?
219 tier points
IndexRulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
bifflez yo<3
Old 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #14362
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMDS View Post
@ Keeto and Larry:
I've recovered the BR, not that anyone cares because I'm a shameless jerk. My friends do it, and what happens? I lend MY screamer to you guys, and the 7 atk glove AND I sold off my slayer to help recover in damages. Not that it matters because my store permit just expired.
I vehemently denied it because I didn't do it, period. Quite frankly, I'm through with Xqsite. Keep the screamer and the attack glove for all I care. I'll send the road through Duey when I get the chance to. If it expires before you guys get on, don't cry to me about it.
Again, I'm through with this place. I won't see you guys later, unless I bump into you.

hahahahaha wow.... didn't think you'd try and play the victim

I couldn't give 2 ****s about what you gave me. You could've given me 10 ilbis and 15 dex shoes and I wouldn't care. What makes me angry is it's your fault for losing all this crap, and you're having a hard time recovering them because you were dumb enough to write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in a place where your friends could see it, memorize it, and jack the account. Learn to be responsible with stuff that isn't yours.

ps looks like alot of new stuff is in this game.... oh well, probably isn't too great.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #14363
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Dude.

I seriously laughed out loud at your archer getting killed instantly with the penus beam. It really does happen to the best of us though.

And tosh (whats the deal with the alt, btw?): pine forest is a jipang extension. Four maps. I believe a 6x monster, more samiho, something else, and finally Hiimes (Dreamy/mung ghost) and tengu (black crow). Hiimes are like high level coolies TO THE TEE. Tengu spawns there from time to time and he is very powerful, but not so bad that it ruins the good exp otherwise.

If they are to give us high level maps, all they have (from established maps in other versions) is hiimes and bains in shouwa, and frankly, bains aren't so great for everyone. There is Leafre, but I hear that they're not really any good without 4th job.
Thanks.

ToshX has 8,999 posts. Tibs used to have 7,999 posts. Tokzic may still have 6,999 posts.

We were planning a something. It failed.

So why do I still post on here?

Dunno, good question.

"The patch is done."

brb MS

Remember, IGN: xDevinEx.

I'm willing to talk to FFR people now, rofl.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #14364
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

With the inclusion of the new patch, I thought it would be a good time to randomly say "Hey, I play MS."

Hey, I play MS on the Windia server.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #14365
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

So is there anything worth me getting on to see? =\

EDIT: So far, from reading, seems like the only good thing is buy-able %-based healing items. How much % healed of HP/MP are they and how much do they cost? Having to buy crap ass elixirs was one of the reasons I hated training on harder (faster exp) stuff...

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 07-26-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #14366
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

If you want to see thousands of bomb enemies, lag drastically, and end up diconnecting because of it, you might want to check it out.

The best part of NLC is the music. The Gryphon enemies don't look half-bad, either.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #14367
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

NLC was pretty disappointing to me :/
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #14368
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

how do you get the nocturnal staff?
219 tier points
IndexRulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
bifflez yo<3
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #14369
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hmm...Is there any way to see what hairstlyles, skin tones, faces, etc., I could get without going into the game and traveling around everywhere?

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #14370
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

http://global.hidden-street.net/cash...autyparlor.php
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #14371
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Thanks much.

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 AM   #14372
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Dammit.

XSmiieCrushX(the name) is taken.

I had this really good joke planned :<
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #14373
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

So.. I pap'd last night.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #14374
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

You got jipped with exp I must say.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #14375
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
You got jipped with exp I must say.
Ummm... it's a fake boss. Don't have the stats of a real boss. Plus he doesn't even show the kill of it so I don't see where you can say that lol....

Also I posted this on SW. Really seems to fit here:

I already saw before the patch many people bitching about not getting Showa. Ironic thing? They were level 9x-11x. Which is funny, as if Showa training spots would go to them over the 12x+. Yeah, right.. *rolls eyes* New maps open up for the highest levels and the ones way below want to skip all the current maps and go to them. Like a level 4x going OMG FoG is released *hogs*. Yeah, doesn't work like that.. -_-;

There aren't any high level training spots CURRENTLY in NLC, so I see people bitching already.... Relax. It's a NEW CONTINENT. It's bound to expand, plus it just released.

Economy
But.... 12 atk pots for cheap: 2k each. 20 matk pots for cheap: 2k each. Various elixirs? OMG... HUGE FIX on the economy and is a godsend for warriors and mages who desperately needed a break on their potions. Just as Mushroom Shrine gach did for prices on scrolls and capes, so will NLC for training for warriors/mages.

Heck, 60% mp is great for priests. And now warriors don't need a priest to heal them as their healing is pretty cheap.

Training
Then.... you do have at least one training spot for bowman, crossbowman, and assassins from levels 60-80: the 2nd gryphon map. At least, I'm pretty sure. 220 experience per kill and you don't need to move much. Just use the teles and attack attack attack, up, attack attack attack, rinse repeat. Only problem is falling. If you fall, you get sent back a couple of maps. But it's very easy to avoid since you'll be using mostly the teles. This is a bonus for those hell areas of 7x for ranged.
See:

New Gameplay
Amoria PQ started it, this expands on it, and shows there is more to come. The use of teles are great. They help out a lot. Climbing ladders suck. Teles are fun. And I could see that gryphon map being a blast to train on.

Beautiful
The town is great looking. Did you notice all the stuff in the background and everything in the town? Just amazing. I love it. The music is pretty decent too. Inside the dungeon is rather ugly, but it's a dungeon. :P The jungle is awesome looking! Very nice. The monsters are cool too. I love how they look. So great!

Expansion
New continent. New place. Lots to come. You know it will expand, it just takes time. They got out a lot already. Look how much effort they put into the design of it all. I love it. However, Nexon needs positive feedback, not whining.

Negatives?
No new high level places. But then again, all the 9x will come in and try to take the maps of 12x+ anyways. Thus just more ks'ing, when new maps should free up the old ones for the lower levels, who would already get great experience there. Us high levels (no, not 9x-11x, you have PLENTY of places to train for GREAT experience) are pretty screwed in all areas, except bosses. However, we are the minority and must live with that. New training spots will come, don't you worry. This is the only negative but it may soon be fixed on Masteria somewhere. Who knows. There are no other negatives though. All other levels have COUNTLESS places to train and now gryphon map 2 helps clear up some FoG and Zombie maps of the ranged.

I'm level 131 and I love NLC for all the reasons listed. Please support Nexon in how nice of a place it is, even if most of us won't train there. It's a great addition to the game and I hope you all show support for their hard work. Fun quests, beautiful looking, and interesting monsters. But on top of that, it really is a huge relief for those hard working mages. Those elixirs are so wonderful for them and I'm very happy that they get them. I honestly don't care much about the atk pots; it's the elixirs that really help the game and increase the morale for all mages and warriors, especially mages. They have been seriously hurting for a long time.

Remember, MapleStory is not all about training. And for those who love training, we received 2x, which is a huge increase in experience gain...

Oh then I'll add that boomer thing and wolf spiders dropping lycan drops (ilbis, blue screamers, etc). Not to mention 26,640 hp for 1200 exp. Split properly, the map could be really great experience (along with really great drops).

So yeah, I see no negatives to this patch at all, minus the taking 10 min subway ride after having to travel all the way to Vic.

Especially huge LOL @ noobs like Tosh complaining. Seriously lol.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #14376
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I think this place is fantastic. Even without the pots (one of which, I might add, makes meditate useless) I'd still feel the same. In fact, Jason told me about the pots while I was having a blast exploring Big Ben.

Useless as far as exp grinding goes, but I'm sure it's good for some and will eventually be good for me as well.

The only problem I have is that the quests are awfully draining. "kill 400 of this thing that has low spawn rate" "get 50 semi rare drops from this thing that has low spawn rate". It's kind of ridiculous.

And yeah I think I'm going to become a MG user at Grims now.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #14377
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Ummm... it's a fake boss. Don't have the stats of a real boss. Plus he doesn't even show the kill of it so I don't see where you can say that lol....
I noticed it wasn't the actual location for papalatus and Musical Master is only level 75, and I saw his exp go up one in the next picture so I sarcastically said he got jipped with the exp.

And yeah New Leaf City is a pretty cool continent/place so far.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #14378
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

The only thing I don't like about NLC is the monsters and the maps. In most places, like ludi or el nath, the monsters all have the same feel. Like, snowy monsters, or clock tower monsters. In NLC, the only monster that look like it belongs in the jungle is that plant. The gryphon is a sweet monster, but it looks out of place, and what are elephants doing in a city. Plus, why are there jr. yetis and yetis in big ben. O.o

I don't like asymetrical maps either. Other than that, NLC is sweet.

EDIT: Oh and lightnight.. I ended up getting around 1k exp. Which is reasonable, considering the hermit I was partied with probably did 3x as much damage as I did.

Last edited by Musical_Master; 07-27-2007 at 01:28 PM..
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #14379
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master View Post
EDIT: Oh and lightnight.. I ended up getting around 1k exp. Which is reasonable, considering the hermit I was partied with probably did 3x as much damage as I did.
I remember you. I buddied you back on my old warrior Ikifar.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #14380
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
And yeah I think I'm going to become a MG user at Grims now.
And instead of the 80% hp/mp, as a priest, you can buy the 60% mp ones for 1.2k. Get a pet with auto-mp, set it to 40%, and bam! Even if it screws up from a teleport + attack and doesn't auto-mp you, you'll still be able to take another hit anyways.
Closed Thread