Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #14221
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Probably did it because of the American jerks and hackers hacking in their version.

Christ, if you're gonna hack, don't do it in another country's version. It makes you look terrible to that country. I mean it's one thing to look bad in front of your own group, but it's terrible to look bad in front of another group.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #14222
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

English speaking players are really rude in the game. I'm glad I'm not in かえで but I heard it's pretty bad. Everyone was pretty nice in さくら, English and Japanese speakers. Noah and I only found a few hackers, and they were actually Japanese. I mainly used JMS to learn more Japanese and to just explore areas that would take years to get to GMS. Looks like those days are over.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #14223
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Faaaaabulous. I'm a Hermit now. Thanks to MCR for helping me level literally seconds before that recent server check kicked in.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #14224
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
English speaking players are really rude in the game. I'm glad I'm not in かえで but I heard it's pretty bad. Everyone was pretty nice in さくら, English and Japanese speakers. Noah and I only found a few hackers, and they were actually Japanese. I mainly used JMS to learn more Japanese and to just explore areas that would take years to get to GMS. Looks like those days are over.

O_o
Although I'm a bit surprised, I shouldn't be, that our entire country got IP blocked just because people were being jerks and happened to be from the place we're from :/
Old 06-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #14225
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaKirisame View Post
Although I'm a bit surprised, I shouldn't be, that our entire country got IP blocked just because people were being jerks and happened to be from the place we're from :/
If you think that's the reason why, you're pretty ignorant.

EDIT: Wow, I just looked over at aijms... Bunch of ****ing morons over there too. Yeah, I'm sure Nexon JP IP banned whole countries because there were a handful of non-Japanese hackers, as well as there being around *OMG* ~2000 english players (out of millions). Great logic there.... Especially since, you know, ALL VERSIONS ARE IP BANNING OTHER COUNTRIES AND KEEPING THEM LOCALIZED. Just stupid and ignorant. -_-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaKirisame View Post
Probably did it because of the American jerks and hackers hacking in their version.
Quote:
English speaking players are really rude in the game.
Hey look it's fun stereotyping and being bigots. WAY TO BE DOUCHEBAGS.

Last edited by banditcom; 06-30-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Old 06-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #14226
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

ps it may be slow but just use a Japanese proxy.

Sillyheads.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #14227
ckj846
FFR Player

Just because you speak English doesn't mean you're from America -_-... I've heard that it's only the US and parts of Britain that were blocked. South America and New Zealand are still fine. And I know I can use a Japanese proxy but I don't feel like putting in the effort. JMS was only to help with my Japanese anyways heh.

O_o
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #14228
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
If you think that's the reason why, you're pretty ignorant.
Wow, go to HHG on ch1 and see how many smart people you find. Those people are going to be playing JMS, as those people are the majority.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #14229
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Wow, go to all versions and see that they are blocking outsiders.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #14230
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

It was a mandate passed down from the KMS people. Don't blame the Japs, it was those damn Koreans. >=(

Ah well, I haven't been on MS much at all lately, and for good reason. Working on big stuff for my own game. NOT THAT ANYBODY WOULD KNOW CUZ NOBODY EVER CHECKS THE PROGRAMMING SUBFORUM. >=(

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #14231
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

I didn't even know there was a programming subforum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Wow, go to all versions and see that they are blocking outsiders.
What the hell does that have to do with Americans being jerks or not? It's not as if Americans just hate Japanese people or something and are only "that way" to them. Besides, you're taking it as if I said ALL Americans are jerks. And not only that, but to ONLY Japanese. Neither of those statements are even close to true.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 PM   #14232
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
Faaaaabulous. I'm a Hermit now. Thanks to MCR for helping me level literally seconds before that recent server check kicked in.
^_____^

Wow...Last FFR activity....6/15/07
Hi guys...

MmMMmmMM Level 71 now with level 4 strafe....
Just wondering if anyone has any advice for what to do with my skills....eh

Last edited by MagicCarpetRide; 07-1-2007 at 12:12 AM..
Old 07-1-2007, 01:48 AM   #14233
ProtoMDS
FFR Player

Scrolled it myself. Failed a 60%. Gonma be good for my fighter.
how Craig isn't shooting lasers from his eyes and destroying entire cities in wrath is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Usually the good lord works in mysterious ways. BUT NOT TODAY. This here is 66 tonnes of straight up, HE spewing divine intervention. If God is love, then you can call me Cupid.
Old 07-1-2007, 02:04 AM   #14234
ckj846
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRide View Post
MmMMmmMM Level 71 now with level 4 strafe....
Just wondering if anyone has any advice for what to do with my skills....eh
Max strafe first. After level 15, throw in some points in puppet so you can start getting used to it (useful at DTs which you should go to high 7x, early 8x). When you max strafe, start adding 5 into MB so you can unlock Rain. You'll want maxed rain as soon as possible because it's quite useful. Then get decent puppet and you're set. Just put points between Hawk, Inferno, and MB. I would max MB and inferno because you don't need max hawk for the phoenix or whatever it's called in 4th job. 2% stun rate more doesn't make that much more of a difference, and plus you can mob easier and take care of close enemies without whacking them due to MB. 7x is hard and early 8x is harder, but once you start pumping points into rain, things start to pick up, especially if you can get into a goby party (which is insane exp at that level. I remember I was getting around 35% an hour at level 88).

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if this is still valid advice since I haven't played in over 6 months. Heh.

O_o
Old 07-1-2007, 10:49 AM   #14235
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Quote:
Max strafe first. After level 15, throw in some points in puppet so you can start getting used to it (useful at DTs which you should go to high 7x, early 8x). When you max strafe, start adding 5 into MB so you can unlock Rain. You'll want maxed rain as soon as possible because it's quite useful. Then get decent puppet and you're set. Just put points between Hawk, Inferno, and MB. I would max MB and inferno because you don't need max hawk for the phoenix or whatever it's called in 4th job. 2% stun rate more doesn't make that much more of a difference, and plus you can mob easier and take care of close enemies without whacking them due to MB. 7x is hard and early 8x is harder, but once you start pumping points into rain, things start to pick up, especially if you can get into a goby party (which is insane exp at that level. I remember I was getting around 35% an hour at level 88).

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if this is still valid advice since I haven't played in over 6 months. Heh.

O_o
Well thanks a lot, since I had no idea....I knew I wanted rain and puppet but I didn't know when
Old 07-1-2007, 02:19 PM   #14236
ckj846
FFR Player

Stay at wherever you are at until you get level 9 strafe because that's when it starts to outdamage DS. But you will probably want tos ave up money since 8x stuff is kinda expensive (at least it was when I was that level). You'll want to go to DTs as soon as you can about... 8-9 hit them? It's a huge jump from zombies in terms of damage and hp and you'll lose a ton of money but it's much faster if you have good equips. I remember I was at DTs at level 75 and it was pretty decent, except killer on the unagis and the waters. You can also try out YnP if you have puppet (at least level 6 though) or you can go to hot sands (which is very fast for early 7x, especially if you party with a i/l mage).

I can't really remember what else I did to get through 7x. 8x you're going to be at DTs/MDTs and eventually Gobies. There aren't very many vik parties to look forward to because everybody went to squids or grims. Grims for 10x and beyond once you max hawk/inferno. And that's about all I know since I stopped playing at 89.

Hope it helped some!

O_o
Old 07-1-2007, 08:07 PM   #14237
Necamus
FFR Player

Level 61 cleric, max tele, MPE, and heal, 19 bless, 5 invincible.

Is coolies still the best place for me? 15% an hour seems pretty slow for early 6x.
Old 07-1-2007, 09:04 PM   #14238
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necamus View Post
Level 61 cleric, max tele, MPE, and heal, 19 bless, 5 invincible.

Is coolies still the best place for me? 15% an hour seems pretty slow for early 6x.
Welcome to maplestory.
Old 07-1-2007, 09:21 PM   #14239
Lain_Iwakura
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lain_Iwakura

nice shining proto
Old 07-1-2007, 10:03 PM   #14240
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Just about leveled my wiz for the first time in months before I got ****ed up by a Ghost Pixie. >_<

Also, can someone add OmniShinobi back in? I leveled my sin today too. =P