Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
DJ_Weasel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Weasel
Default The Most Annoying Games Ever

My little brother keeps playing Zelda:The Ocarina of Time over and over. It got annoying after I beat it for the 20th time but my lil bro still plays it.
Anyways the most annoying games ever on my list are

Zelda
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Spyro
Mario Kart
Gran Turismo 1
All the games made from the Nickelodeon cartoons

There are most likely more that I just can't think of right now.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
ringluver
FFR Player

so true so true

I LIKE YOU

when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
ringluver
FFR Player

the most annoying game is jak and the power of juju

I LIKE YOU

when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

The most annoying thing is double posts...

Anyway, the most annoying game according to some gaming magazine was an ET type game where you, as the alien, had to stretch your neck 100 levels up without hitting anything. Hitting something made you fall all the way to the bottom. I think they said once you do it (which is impossible), nothing at all happens. No ending, no story, not a game.

The most annoying game in this timeframe would have to be Grand Theft Auto. I have no idea why so many people like GTA 3 and GTA VC. They are absolutely useless. OMGZ YO BUT I CIN KIL TEH COPS OLOL. Whoopee. You really don't have a lot of freedom in the game. Even Animal Crossing has more freedom than GTA.

I bet of those who bought GTA 3, 99% bought GTA VC, and another 95% will buy all the next ones coming out. Like San Andreas and that crap. You DO realize it's the exact same thing, just a different town, right? Nothing ever changed.

~Squeek
Old 05-24-2004, 04:52 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

there actually is some freedom in VC. one of the best parts is the challenge, and the raw story of the game (yes, there is a story). it gets boring after u beat it, but i think trying to go through it without cheats would be fun to try sometime. so many people dont realize that there's more to the game than just running around bashing old ladies and stealing cars. there's a story and cool gameplay and lotsa neat stuff.

and no, it's not the same game. VC was a HUGE improvement on GTA3. in fact, if i had been able to play both before purchasing either, i wouldnt have even bothered to get GTA3. VC has motorcycles, helicopters, better story, buying property, better graphics, 3x the weapons, and so much more.

as for most annoying game, hmmmm....Mega Man, just because i suck at it and can never beat any of the bosses or anything

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #6
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Grand Theft Auto is the most annoying for me too... I mean, I enjoyed playing it... but it got boring and repetative.. It's a good game.. but damn, not THAT good...

Although I think the new one is bringing a lot more to it.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:55 PM   #7
Cyborg_Mermaid
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Cyborg_Mermaid

GTA:VC got on my nerves fast, I only gave it 3 hours of my time before I went back to Fatal Frame. Traded it in for $45 credit at EB too.

And to stay on topic a couple of annoying game for me were

Zone Of The Enders, only because it was so freakin' short
DOA Volleyball, ex. "Kasumi threw out the hat you bought her" Wtf?!
Any Tony Hawk
Old 05-25-2004, 12:24 AM   #8
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Mega Man X7, because of Flame Hyenard alone.

BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

You get the idea.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Old 05-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #9
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

MMX7 also features "Tornado Tonion, the Robotic Onion." Yeah, Capcom has run out of ideas.

I hate Halo. It's a fun game. I like the game, actually. I just hate how extremely overrated it is, to the point of people saying that it's the best game ever. It is a MEDIOCRE GAME, PEOPLE! It introduced nothing new to the genre, yet you continue to praise it as the end-all, be-all game that it only WISHES IT COULD BE!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #10
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I love Anticrombie now more than ever.

How could I have forgotton to diss Halo? Anti said practically everything I always say when Halo deserves to be knocked down a notch. It's not an original idea at all. Sticky Grenades weren't new. Plasma weaponry wasn't new. Regenerative Health (shield) wasn't new. Even the vehicles aren't a new concept.

I would agree that it is fun your first time through. But I beat it and now it's over. It has absolutely no replay value. Buy a nice FPS like Timesplitters 2 and have replay value up the wazoo.

~Squeek
Old 05-25-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

damn, i forgot how annoying the overratedness of Halo is. we have this club at school, called the Computer and Gaming Exploration club (CAGE), and people bring in games and we play. well, whenever i'm around those people and i'm like "ya know, Halo isnt really that good..." they all attack me about it. so yeah, in public, NEVER diss halo, lest a bunch of halo nerds form a mod and kill u.

but yeah, my new vote for most annoying game(s): all those dating sims online. really, people just wanna see the ending scene and screw the chick, but u gotta buy her dumb gifts and memorize all this dumb info. i hate those games. it's so much easier to just download 3 gigs of Jenna Jameson videos with bit torrent. i love bit torrent!!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #12
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

if you have an old school nintendo, go buy rocket ranger...then after you fail trying to get all the fuel you need for your 10,000 gallon rocket ship or whatever the hell it is...go to the store, return the game for 25 cents, use that to buy a gumball which you can chew while you steal a hammer to smash the game to bits.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #13
AMP3D88
FFR Player

jumper, hands down.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #14
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Halo and GTA3 (and VC). Just for the fact that simpletons worship the games. Yes, they are fun games, but a first person shooter will never be anything more than a first person shooter, and GTA gets old fast.

Halo and GTA are the video game equivalents to Outkast and Hot Hot Heat. Sure, they are good, but everyone and their mom likes them, and there is by far better out there.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #15
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

I can't believe you're all talking about how much you hate Halo for the fanboys it's created, yet worship Final Fantasy 7 on the other hand.

FF7 wasn't even a well-made game like Halo was. It was HORRIBLE. In ever sense of the word.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Old 05-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #16
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

But FF7 is awesome!!!!1@ It has SPEHIROTH and MATEIRA and an AIRSHIP AND STUFF

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 05-31-2004, 02:51 AM   #17
DJ_Weasel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Weasel

FF7 ruled all on the video parts of it. although the characters had no mouths,the storyline was great. They went overboard though with number 10 and stuff. number 7-9 were the best. I was an FF crazy person who has beaten numbers 1-5 didnt finish number 6 cuz it was in japanese and 7-10. Now..i just look at the games and say,I dont wanna play this againnn. FF7 is not annoying but only annoying when you get way to addicted to it and play it for about 3 hours because you want to be so much of it.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:53 PM   #18
dagangstaplaya
FFR Player

Default Re: The Most Annoying Games Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Weasel
My little brother keeps playing Zelda:The Ocarina of Time over and over. It got annoying after I beat it for the 20th time but my lil bro still plays it.
Anyways the most annoying games ever on my list are

Zelda
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Spyro
Mario Kart
Gran Turismo 1

There are most likely more that I just can't think of right now.

Yea my brother does the same thing
Old 06-3-2004, 05:20 AM   #19
RuhielRaptor
FFR Player

Cartoon games and games that make people close-minded (halo and the GTA series).

One of my friends thinks planetside is all that and though it is a great game, he refuses to play anything else. He said C&C generals sucked and refuses to try starcraft. Now planetside is officially annoying to me.

Lifetime- for teaching children that women are rape toys and all men are evil(ladies, I\'m single and guranteed not to rape you!)
Old 06-3-2004, 05:40 AM   #20
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Quote:
Zelda
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Spyro
Mario Kart
Gran Turismo 1
Wtf your a retard,those games kicked ass..maybe not GT but omfg..
Closed Thread