Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #13961
NeXuSIoN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeXuSIoN Send a message via MSN to NeXuSIoN Send a message via Yahoo to NeXuSIoN Send a message via Skype™ to NeXuSIoN
Default Re: MapleStory

Any good spots to train at for a level 50 sin? =O
Old 06-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #13962
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Double post for big news

For those who don't pay attention to such things:

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1260010

2x exp cards will be coming out during the next server check (or patch... whatever Nexon decides to give us... ugh).

Thing worth noticing: they're not the normal time cards. They're 1 day, 3 day and 5 days. They work CONSTANTLY for that long.

Also notice: "If you also have other coupons in possession, the effects may come in effect all at once, so please be aware of that." Sounds like you can buy more than one coupon and get ****TONS of exp at once. Let's hope this isn't the case, because either we'll have tons of people 140+ fast or they'll roll back and that would be really lame.

My feelings on 2x cards... I believe I've said it before. I think they give cash shop users an unfair advantage. I think a more modest 1.25x card would be more fair. Also notice when I say this that I am a big time cash shop whore.
Well, that puts me on the border of quitting MS, even if I can afford the damn things.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #13963
ssjkrazy
FFR Player

hey i want too ask you something...if my mages str and dex is higher than 6 then did i mess my charater up? or can i fix it up?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #13964
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You can fix it. What level are you?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #13965
cooldude35
FFR Player

i like too do a full opq
Old 06-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #13966
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

So has anybody found the patch info yet? I forget the FTP's address, or else I'd check. I know people are saying it's Leafre cuz of some image, but I don't trust those people. -____-

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #13967
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
So has anybody found the patch info yet? I forget the FTP's address, or else I'd check. I know people are saying it's Leafre cuz of some image, but I don't trust those people. -____-
Why not check it out on Sleepywood or something? I'm sure it's posted and probably even stickied somewhere.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #13968
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
If it's not Leafre, the developers for gMS will have proven that their intelligence is less than that of a potato.

They knew some people would be up in arms over 2x cards, but chose to release them anyway, likely knowing that we'd find out long before they were released. Many people are threatening to quit because 2x cards are out. Many people are threatening to quit if Leafre doesn't come out. Many have already stopped playing simply because high levels are stuck to the same thing if they want even a paltry ~5% per hour experience rate.

Also: ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/patch/notice/

I believe that they've began updating that file especially late though, because they know we look there. I think the last patch details were posted on the Nexon forum long before they were posted at the ftp, so that may actually be a better place to check.

As for the person with high str/dex: It's not that important. You'll just be 5-10 magic attack weaker than you would be otherwise, and if you know anything about magicians, you'd know that even 5-10 Magic attack isn't very much at all. If you're low enough leveled, you could restart or if you're high level you can always buy a few AP resets. They're pretty expensive, but if you want perfect stats on that character, that's your only option.

EDIT: looks like the manual patch is up, so expect details anytime now.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #13969
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If you're over level 20/30, I'd just keep playing, it's only gonna hurt you one level, which won't really matter. If you're under that, go make a new char and quickly get back to level 30 or wherever you were.

In fact, if you care for being "perfect", just don't put any points in luk, str, OR dex. Roll at least 10 int(I go for 11+, but that's just me) and put EVERYTHING in int.

You'll see an enormous power boost at level 8 and a pretty big one in the 40's. You'll get more power boosts in time depending on what they release. So pretty much you'll have a weapon MADE for pure ints at level 43, again in the 50's, 60's, 70's, AND 80's. Maybe eventually in the 90's if they feel like giving us a little too much.

Last edited by ToshX; 06-12-2007 at 08:37 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #13970
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1260301

Notice: Jipang monsters.

Also notice: apparently Amoria PQ monsters. See: what I figure to be the Geist Balrog. A little disappointing, to be honest... I was hoping for a bad-ass undead demon but they just recolored Crimson.

@Tosh: You fail to mention Black Umbrella. Not necessarily the best choice for Mages, but as a pure int Priest, you couldn't get by without one.

Last edited by Afrobean; 06-12-2007 at 10:52 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #13971
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

I havent gotten the dang weighted earrings STILL....gosh darn...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #13972
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Barlog.
THANK YOU.
Quote:
@Tosh: You fail to mention Black Umbrella.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
So pretty much you'll have a weapon MADE for pure ints at level 43, again in the 50's, 60's, 70's, AND 80's.
Okay, so I lied, there isn't a 60's weapon and the 80's weapon isn't confirmed(well, at least it isn't in GMS). Turns out the 50's weapon has no matk. Argh.

But there is:

Name(Level)[Matk]

Sky Blue Umbrella(0)[13-17] - No one uses this garbage seriously.
Wooden Wand(8)[23] - You're probably best off getting this.
Green Umbrella(8)[25] - Might as well pass it and grab a cheap wand unless you already have one.
Light Purple Umbrella(25)[39] - Might as well get this if you can find it really cheap, but I dunno how expensive they are.
Yellow Umbrella(40)[47-58] - Pass it.
Maple Lama Staff(43)[55-63] - Get one over 58 matk and scroll it.
Beige Umbrella(43)[58-63] - Might as well pass it unless you're either really broke and you find a cheap one or umbrella scrolls end up doing a lot or something.
Red Umbrella(55) supposedly has no matk :/
Black Umbrella(70)[79-90] - Man, I'd love to have a 90 matk weapon.

I could've sworn Red Umbrella once had matk. Oh well.

If I forgot anything that's in GMS already, go on and say it.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #13973
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
THANK YOU.
Chill. I made a mistake, just like anyone who says "teh" or "malpestory" unintentionally.

Quote:
Name(Level)[Matk]

Sky Blue Umbrella(0)[13-17] - No one uses this garbage seriously.
Wooden Wand(8)[23] - You're probably best off getting this.
Green Umbrella(8)[25] - Might as well pass it and grab a cheap wand unless you already have one.
Yes, a scrolled wooden wand is much better than those umbrellas since they can't be scrolled at present.
Quote:
Light Purple Umbrella(25)[39] - Might as well get this if you can find it really cheap, but I dunno how expensive they are.
Not worth buying.
Quote:
Yellow Umbrella(40)[47-58] - Pass it.
They're all over the place and are easy to get ahold of. See if you can borrow one of these from a friend for a few levels.
Quote:
Maple Lama Staff(43)[55-63] - Get one over 58 matk and scroll it.
Don't worry about the stats if you're low level and poor. You can always get a better one later, because for Mages, because this is their current end game weapon. Priests... they get Black Umbrella, so as a cleric, don't worry about getting a great lama. Yeah, get a lama, but don't stress if the stats aren't the best.
Quote:
Beige Umbrella(43)[58-63] - Might as well pass it unless you're either really broke and you find a cheap one or umbrella scrolls end up doing a lot or something.
Don't even think about it, bub. A lama is likely going to be cheaper and easier to find in the market, adds ~100 HP and is scrollable. This umbrella is entirely worthless as a weapon.
Quote:
Red Umbrella(55) supposedly has no matk :/
Yeah, it's called jump, nub.
Quote:
Black Umbrella(70)[79-90] - Man, I'd love to have a 90 matk weapon.
Actually a perfect Black Umbrella is over 90. It's 91 I think.

Quote:
I could've sworn Red Umbrella once had matk. Oh well.
Nope.

Quote:
If I forgot anything that's in GMS already, go on and say it.
You forgot Maple Staff at level 35, but it's really not worth using anyway.

Here's what I have to say for weapons:

Level 8 wooden wand. Scroll it with 100%s if you have a little funding, or don't scroll it at all if you have no funding. If you're really adventurous scroll it with 60s or 10s for an even bigger magic attack growth.

Level 35 Maple Staff. Optional. See if you have a friend who owns one and borrow it for a few days while you level from 35 to 40. If their Maple Staff is well scrolled, skip Yellow Umbrella entirely. If you can't borrow one from a friend, don't bother buying one. It's not really worth it. Just wait...

Level 40 Yellow Umbrella. Optional. See if you have a friend who owns one and borrow it for a few days while you level from 40 to 43. If you can't borrow from a friend, don't bother because it's really not worth it. Just wait for Lama.

Level 43 Lama. This is the end game weapon for lukless mages/wizards. All lukless Magicians should buy this, but they needn't worry about getting perfect stats. As the Mages get into their higher levels, they should upgrade and get a really nice lama, but Clerics/Priests don't need to worry at all. Basically at 43, get a decent lama. If you're a Mage, upgrade it eventually. If you're a Priest, don't bother.

Level 75 Black Umbrella. Optional. Mages won't be too interested because it doesn't work with Booster, but Priests don't have Booster anyway so it's all good to go. Every lukless Priest should have a Black Umbrella, probably 85+ magic attack. I think I spent like 15 mil on a 89 ma and the prices have plummeted even more since then.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #13974
Orch_Dork
FFR Player

i think im the only person on ffr who hasn't played that. is it fun?

Because you're a Douchenozzle.

All in favor of my REALLY good reason say: DOUCHENOZZLE!

Cheers,

Synthlight
lol
Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #13975
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Chill. I made a mistake,
No you didn't. We need more Barloggers.

I think you missed my point, rofl.
Quote:
Not worth buying.
Well if they get really common, it will be worth it.
Quote:
They're all over the place and are easy to get ahold of. See if you can borrow one of these from a friend for a few levels.
Well yeah, but I'd rather save some money and just not get it. I'd rather just wait and get a better Lama.
Quote:
Don't worry about the stats if you're low level and poor. You can always get a better one later, because for Mages, because this is their current end game weapon. Priests... they get Black Umbrella, so as a cleric, don't worry about getting a great lama. Yeah, get a lama, but don't stress if the stats aren't the best.
Well yeah, but clerics are the one exception.
Quote:
Don't even think about it, bub. A lama is likely going to be cheaper and easier to find in the market, adds ~100 HP and is scrollable. This umbrella is entirely worthless as a weapon.
It's probably gonna be awfully cheap considering it's not very good at all. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it'll be expensive.
Quote:
Yeah, it's called jump, nub.
Jump is garbage, rofl. Who cares about that ****ty stat? I mean it's nice to have it maxed, but how often do mages REALLY jump?
Quote:
Actually a perfect Black Umbrella is over 90. It's 91 I think.
As a pure int, I'm certain it's a max of 90. I'm surprised, with you OWNING one and being a high level pure int, did not know this :/
Quote:
You forgot Maple Staff at level 35, but it's really not worth using anyway.
Oh, knew I was missing something. But yeah, not many people use Maple Staves considering there's better stuff ahead. Then again, you don't see many people with a Green Umbrella either -__-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orch_Dork View Post
i think im the only person on ffr who hasn't played that. is it fun?
dunno
Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #13976
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

EDIT: Oh, BS. 20 posts to a page.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #13977
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Looks like the patch info is up. Totally gay.

Quote:
Greetings, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.39 is now live!

The all-new Amorian Party Quest is here! Married Couples are invited to brave the dangers of the Amorian Challenge
and the fearsome Geist Balrog!

Explore the Mushroom Temple! What secrets lie inside this mysterious new place?

Our in-game events include:

- Maple Summer Drop Event!
- Double Drop Event!
- Monster Cookout!
- GM Events!
- Independence Day Flag Drop!
- Cody痴 BBQ!

Below is a brief overview of what痴 in store for you:

< New Quests >

- The Amorian Challenge!
- Cody's BBQ 1 (8-29)
- Cody's BBQ 2 (30-69)
- Cody's BBQ 3 (70+)
...and much more!

< Monsters >

- Geist Balrog
- Indigo Eye
- Crystal Boar
- Magik Fierry
...and much more!

< Items >

1) In-game Items

- Entrance Ticket
- Lip Lock Key
- Geist Fang
- Magik Mirror Shard
- Wing Hammer
- Cupid Code Piece
- Charcoal
- BBQ Sauce
- Maple Raw Meat
...and much more!

2) Buff Items

- Onyx Apple
- Amorian Rice Cookie
- Victoria's Amorian Basket
- Crystalized Pineapple Chew
- Maple BBQ
- Maple Syrup
...and much more!

3) Equips

- Cecelia's Earrings
- Moonstar Earrings
- Celestial Earrings
- Amos' Royal Cape
- Amos' Spirit Cape
- The Legendary Elias Cape 1
- The Legendary Elias Cape 2
- The Legendary Elias Cape 3
- Cecelia Cloak 1
- Cecelia Cloak 2
- Cecelia Cloak 3
...and much more!

4) Cash Item

- 2x EXP Card (multiple variations)
- Shower Power
- Shower Package
- Summer Package I
- Love Knuckler
- Graduation Package

check out the Cash Shop!

Be sure to visit the website and participate in our web event as well:

- GM Blog!

Enjoy the new content for MapleStory! Happy Mapling!

- The MapleStory Staff -
Only semi-decent thing is mush village. And that sucks. Allow me to quote the suck. "Married Couples are invited to brave the dangers of the Amorian Challenge..." >=(

And judging from the names of the monsters, they're ALL just color-swaps of current monsters. JUST LIKE THE SAKURA CELLION. Wow, so I guess Amoria's theme is sucky re-use of graphics. AWESOME!

And they didn't list the monsters in Mush Temple, so I dunno if it's just those like 5 maps or if we've got anything decent at all, like the masks and foxes or even the damn graveyard that is sorta okay for 6X clerics. =\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #13978
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What the ****? 699 pages?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #13979
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Wow. What a terrible patch... I was gonna maybe start playing more if Leafre came out.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #13980
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh
Just because it's rare doesn't mean it'll be expensive.
Do you know anything at all about how the average players have the gotten market running?

Regardless of the item's function, if it is rare, they will charge tons for it. They will not lower the price when it doesn't sell. They will leave it at the high price that no one will buy for.

Oh and by the way, just because hidden-street.net says one thing doesn't mean it's accurate. The max stat for Black Umbrella is over 90.

And Noah, I agree completely, but I'll give Nexon ANOTHER ****ING BENEFIT OF DOUBT WHICH THEY DO NOT ****ING DESERVE and point out that they might have Hiimes and other higher level areas around Mushroom Shrine.

ps I am going to keep calling it "Mushroom Shrine" until I see good reason not to (who wants to bet the kanji reading "mushroom shrine" is still visible). Also, it will be "Jipang" regardless, because that's what it is supposed to be (see: http://www.wikipedia.com/jipang I know it's not right, but click it anyway and you'll get there... long story short it's an romanized bastardization of a chinese version that caught on). That's like... the title of the game is supposed to be MapleStory, but how would you like them to transliterate incorrectly and play a game called "May Pulling Story"?