Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #61
trillobyite
FFR Player

Default Re: Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
She played a huge role in the part the directors cut out. If you stayed for the scene after the credits, you may have picked up on it, but if not, I can foward you a PM detailing it.
That was another thing. Maybe the theatre I went to had a flaw or something, but the last scene (SPOILERS clearly) was just "after 10 years," showing Will Turner with a little kid alongside Elizabeth for 5 seconds hugging each other, and that was it. The scene was 5 seconds long. Everyone kept saying "you have to watch till the end of the credits," but that last scene seemed pointless! What did it have to do with Calypso anyway?
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #62
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillobyite View Post
That was another thing. Maybe the theatre I went to had a flaw or something, but the last scene (SPOILERS clearly) was just "after 10 years," showing Will Turner with a little kid alongside Elizabeth for 5 seconds hugging each other, and that was it. The scene was 5 seconds long. Everyone kept saying "you have to watch till the end of the credits," but that last scene seemed pointless! What did it have to do with Calypso anyway?

p.s they wanted to free calypso in order for her to help them win, but since she's calypso (ruthless, mean, blablabla) she obviously doesn't. Instead, she makes a whirlpool that affects both sides. The only obvious downside was, as Davey Jones said: "she won't hurt us [his ship]," that she wouldn't hurt jones' ship because they love each other or whatever despite him having told the pirates of the first pirate meeting how to imprison her because he was angry at her and whatnot for not showing up on the one day he could come to shore. (run-on, bite me)

movies require attention.

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/

Last edited by edubardus; 05-29-2007 at 02:43 PM..
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #63
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I wasn't ever told to watch till the end of the credits, so I missed that, but judging from people's reactions, I didn't miss much.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #64
obie32one
FFR Player

I didn't think that there was anything after the credits so I just left,
maybe I shoul've stayed around and waited...

obie32one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #65
three17s
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I felt it was a good movie, not as good as the first but better than the second. For as much was packed into three hours, it didn't seem to drag on. There was humour mixed into the scenes, not abruptly thrown in anywhere, which is a big plus. I loved seeing Tia Dalma have a bigger role but wasn't impressed at the times when they left someone, such as Will or Elizabeth, and they found them a while later. The world is huge, how do they just meet up like that?
Old 05-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #66
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Meh, it was ok, but I thought that they tried too hard to lay the foundation for #4.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #67
trillobyite
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubardus View Post

p.s they wanted to free calypso in order for her to help them win, but since she's calypso (ruthless, mean, blablabla) she obviously doesn't. Instead, she makes a whirlpool that affects both sides. The only obvious downside was, as Davey Jones said: "she won't hurt us [his ship]," that she wouldn't hurt jones' ship because they love each other or whatever despite him having told the pirates of the first pirate meeting how to imprison her because he was angry at her and whatnot for not showing up on the one day he could come to shore. (run-on, bite me)

movies require attention.
yes I know that. But as I said, the creation of the whirlpool really felt unimportant to the plot. If you removed everything you wrote from the plot of the movie and just had a random whirlpool at the battle scene, the film would have ended up pretty much the same (though Davy Jones' character would have been less deep). Then again, if the last scene truly shows the end of a curse on Turner due to him finding true love after 10 years iin the form of Elizabeth (someone told me this was cut out), then I could see why Calypso needed to come in.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #68
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

You know, because it's even definite that there's going to be a #4.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #69
Pichu_XP
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pichu_XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilers
Jack Sparrow comes back.
;;
omgz whit tex dont work! sry gaiz.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #70
edubardus
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

fine, trill. Lets say she doesn't make a whirlpool. She makes a hurricane. Same difference, both show that calypso is ruthless which is the whole point of the whirlpool. ++special effects/look pretty. If you wanted a fight at shore with no waves, just say it. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE PLOT IN SOME WAY. i.e BANK ROBBERS ROB BANK A. IT WAS RAINING. What does the rain have to do with the robbery? nothing! lolloololollolo

Old 05-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #71
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

The point everyone is trying to make is that all throughout the movie, Calypso was focused on more than enough to merit more than just merely a hurricane. There should have been something concrete with where or how she ended up.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #72
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I agree with Xception. With all the build up they did with Calypso I expected more then just a whirlpool.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #73
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Barbossa: Ok we freed you now help us. Please?

Calypso: YOU KNOW WHAT? **** THIS. I JUST FOUND OUT MY BOYFRIEND WAS THE ONE WHO BACKSTABBED ME AND NOBODY REALLY LIKES ME, AND...YOU KNOW, JUST **** IT. I'M OUTTA HERE. I'M THROUGH WITH THIS HUMAN POLITICS ****, AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. GO **** YOURSELVES, ALL OF YOU. NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I TURN INTO LOTS OF CRABS.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #74
trillobyite
FFR Player

Xception and Omeganitros got my point
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #75
edubardus
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's what her character would naturally do. =/ That's all she needed to do. I don't know why you guys wanted more.

In the end, Omega pretty much said exactly what I expressed in my previous posts =/ I don't know what you're fighting. She did her maelstrom because she was pissed off. That's all there's to it =/ that's all there needed to be.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #76
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Her Maelstrom that didn't really do sh't except make people dizzy? Rofl.
Old 06-2-2007, 12:10 AM   #77
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

I saw the 8:00PM showing the day it came out. It was great! The humor they had in there with all the action evening it out, was great. Definitly a must see if you've seen the other two. I agree 1000000% with anyone who says it makes up for #2. Could there be a 4th pirates movie? Watch and see. 9/10

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2007, 02:58 AM   #78
NuclearShadow
FFR Player

Honestly my opinion probably doesn't have much weight in that I can barely remember the first two movies but as far as the story goes I was like "wtf is going on" about 80% of the movie. I kept constantly asking myself, "why are they here?" "what are they doing?" and "what's going on?" For me it seemed like the story was scattered everywhere but maybe just because it takes after the second movie where ask a ninja so eloquently put it, "Everyone has a plotline, even the dog." Hell a freakin monkey basically had a plotline in this one. As far as humor goes this movie was pretty good at it but left me lost a lot of the time.

Cheers,

Synthlight

NuclearShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2007, 04:00 AM   #79
chunky_cheese
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just saw it with my girlfriend tonight, OMG, there was this little kid sitting beside me, and he kept nudging my arm as he moved around and kept staring at me (I think he wanted my popcorn) and at one point he was staring at me for so long I had to look over and wave at him. THEN HE STARTED GLARING!

Other than that... I thought the movie was good, the calypso thing could have been left out but whatever. I thought the whole "Get lost and bring people back from the dead" thing was a little farfetched, but then again, so is a boat that can sink and resurface for decades while taking hundreds of cannonballs and still float full of fish people.
chunky_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2007, 04:38 AM   #80
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

Really good, wouldnt watch agian though.

[Possibly spoiling to those who are easily spoiled]
To all of those who thought the wedding scene was cheap, I thought it was great, nothing cheap and kept the plot line moving and was entertaining.
[/Possibly spoiling to those who are easily spoiled]

Overall it was very enjoyable because it wasn't the standard cookie cutter epic movie.

Edit: Omeganitros's rant on Calypso was bueatiful.

Last edited by windsurfer-sp; 06-2-2007 at 04:40 AM..
windsurfer-sp is offline   Reply With Quote