Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 PM   #21
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Man, drinking way too many soft drinks rules. My suitemates and I did this this past year. 634.5 cans, with over a hundred to be put up. You can read the story about our efforts at http://andy.mikee385.com/dormpics.htm , but here's the pic:

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thewall.jpg (124.3 KB, 87 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #22
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Every drink I have every day is always some sort of soda, tea, coffee (Fridays), or fruit juice (90% of the time, lemonade)

I never drink water, unless it's the water machine @ Diversions. The last time I had a glass of water was over a year ago.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:53 PM   #23
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

my mom controls my pop intake....ask Slanky, it is terrible.

I have to ask for a pop.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #24
DJ_Weasel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Weasel

I drink soda all the time.I drink them always under 25seconds,well the can 30 cent ones at least. Why do people call it pop. My friend is from michigan and he calls it pop. and its friking annoying.lol.just say it "I need some pop right now" sounds like you want some drugs or somthing...I refer to soft drinks/soda/pop as "coke". Its a californian thing.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:29 PM   #25
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's not just a California thing, it's a "people who are intelligent" thing. "Pop" does sound really ridiculous. I usually mention drinks by name, however, if I'm talking generally, "Coke" is used. In extreme situations, I'll call them "soft drinks". As you can see from my above picture, I like Dr Pepper, so "Vitamin D" usually suffices around my suitemates.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #26
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Calling sodas "pop" would get you made fun of in Massachusetts. It does sound ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #27
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
I don't drink soft drinks... I can't stand them.

Water is all I drink, really.
Yeah... I might drink one can a month, and by drink I mean two gulps and then throw it away.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #28
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

all i drink is soda, i shouldnt, but i do...
and type 2 diabetes works a little differently, not completely... but if i remember correctly, i could be wrong, it hits people as they get older because there pancreas starts to go, while type 1 doesnt work to begin with... something like that, i know type 2 generally effects adults.

edit: went through and counted... 16 cans in my room right now, all empyt... i shoud clean, but thats from the past week, and only what i have in my room
Old 04-28-2004, 09:36 PM   #29
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

I drink about two cans of soda a day. I try and keep to cans, because I know that I could easily finish off a two liter thing of Sprite in a night without even thinking about it.

I actually really like water if its cooled, but I find even lukewarm water nasty, which makes getting water at a lot of places difficult.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #30
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

I do drink a lot of water as well, I just drink a lot of soda pop (compromise?)
But caffeine really makes me have to take a piss, so I never drink soda at movies.
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #31
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sorry, Blue, but I'm slapping a big "VETO" on that compromise idea. "Pop" in any way, shape, or form is ridiculous to the point that it shouldn't be used.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #32
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Hey, I know! I'm all for soda!
But what about the pro-pop people?
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:14 PM   #33
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You will never ever.. ever.. get diabetes type 1 or 2 as a result of eating too much sugar. It just doesn't work that way and is a common misconception. Also realize that type 1 and type 2 have nothing to do with each other..

Type 2 (sometimes called adult onset but happens in kids also) it is when your body either cannot efficiently use the insulin it produces or it produces insulin but not enough.

Type 1 is when your body kills the cells that produce insulin. This one is not fun at all and requires 3-4 shots a day and about 5-10 blood tests a day... for life. There is no cure yet it is not fatal as long as you control it.

Lets say for a minute that you believe Soda will make you diabetic. You would say that because of the sugar right? Here is what you don't know.

Your body breaks down carbohydrates into sugar. So a high carb food like bread (20-30g of carbohydrates) is the same in your body as a can of pepsi (27g of carbohydrates)... a can of corn is about 23g of carbohydrates, in the end also becomes sugar. So you can tell your parents that eating bread and veggies would make you diabetic also if they really believe that logic (which is false).

Your body counteracts this surge of sugar in your body by releasing insulin and for simplicity lets say it just say it lowers the sugar level. Now what would happen if it didn't lower the sugar level? You would eventually go into a coma and probably have irreversible nerve damge, vital organs would fail and you would go blind. Not in that order particularly but the final result would be death without treatment. I won't go into the complexities of how your body would starve itself in the process no matter how much you ate.. until finally your veins collapse from dehydration and malnourshiment.

What happens if you blood sugar goes to low? You would become disoriented, unresponsive, and either go into a coma or a seizure and then a coma followed by brain damage and then eventually death if someone doesn't catch it in time.

SOooo what is the normal level of sugar in an adults blood? On a glucose meter you would most likely be around 120.. hitting 60 and you start to become dangerously low... hit 200 and you are too high. Now imagine you are diabetic. Sometimes a single slice of bread can raise you 30-40 or more points depending on your age/body size. Something as simple as a sandwhich can put you in the danger zone (2 slices of bread). I wont even mention cake with frosting. Obviously we have to eat so the only solution is to inject yourself with insulin to combat the sugar in your blood. On the other end if your blood sugar levels go low, you simply have to eat enough to bring you up to a normal level... that is.. if you are not blacking out.

It gets about 100 times more in depth than that, take my word for it. My son (2 years old) has type 1 diabetes and I will often volunteer to talk at diabetic support group meetings and educate (to a certain degree) people on how to manage the condition. And no, I didn't google my info. It just becomes hard wired when you have to think about it 24/7. Btw.. If you remember those blood sugar numbers I was talking about above, then you will realize how scary it can be when a 2 year olds blood sugar level can go up or down 150+ points in 30 minutes. It is a fine balance that we as his parents must always keep.

Had enough? lol

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #34
linus
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to linus Send a message via MSN to linus

woah synth @.@.......holy synth......