Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #13141
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

I did that such a long time ago, I didn't even know where the level would be if it got in the hundreds :/

Also, I still love TrueElliian.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #13142
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

oh dear, why do these things have to exist. i'll probably have to go and download this, and i'll fail all my midterms in exchange for building a mediocre archer...
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #13143
IAAW
FFR Player

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audition patched. I gotta go play, I gotta go play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Server's down still though. I'm still gonna plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Audition, I shall play jooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #13144
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

mSEA has been down for me for like 3 days im startin to get pissed =/
Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #13145
Afrombean
FFR Player

IAAW, this is not an Audition thread. I know that you made an Audition thread. If you want to post about nothing but Audition, do it in there.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #13146
IAAW
FFR Player

Meh, I did it on purpose to piss off people. ^_^
Old 04-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #13147
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
Meh, I did it on purpose to piss off people. ^_^
Quote:
I did it on purpose to piss off people. ^_^
Quote:
to piss off people. ^_^
get out.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #13148
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Finally hit 49. Man, this is taking wayyy too long. Can't wait to wear my lvl 50 equip though.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #13149
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yea IAAW keep your enormous audition fetish out of here please.

In other news I might start a cycle where I only play once a month or some crap just to say hi or whatever, game isn't worth it in the end. Plus I'll have more time to concentrate on my drawings... I should be drawing rather than grinding mindlessly on this game.

So yea, you'll see me on very rarely if at all from now on.

PS Larry where did you go =(((((((((((
Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #13150
IAAW
FFR Player

Just finished all of the Retrieving The Storybook quests. If anyone wants to buy 180 Melting Cheeses off of me for 3k a pop, feel free to do so.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #13151
PangYa
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to PangYa
Wink Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post

Dagger thief: These tend to cost more as you have to be up-close-and-personal with the enemy all the time. You want to go: Double Stab -> Nimble Body -> Disorder / Dark Sight. Dagger thieves don't have to use Double Stab forever. In fact, it is replaced very quickly. When you become a Bandit, you first want Mastery, of course. Then you get a new attack skill known as Savage Blow. Once it does 6 hits, start using it instead of Double Stab. Savage Blow will hit one enemy 6 times for great damage. And it looks way cool. Then you want to mix Haste and Booster as you see fit.

Both? Yes, you can do another build known as a Banditsin. What you do here is be a Claw Thief that becomes a Bandit. Reason being, the first job skillbook sucks for a Bandit. Double Stab is relatively worthless and there's no point in having it later on. So you max Keen Eyes, Lucky Seven, and Nimble Body. You use Lucky Seven until level 43. At 43, you should have maxed Dagger Mastery and Savage Blow. That's when you cast aside your claw and put on your dagger. This is a very expensive way to level, but it's extremely fast if you have the money for it.

Dexless? Scroll up your armor for Dex (level 30 Sauna Robe is a good one to go for) and wear it forever. Most Dexless Assassins need Dex eventually, but the more Luk you have, the more damage you do. It's better to have more Luk, but you're ugly without changing your clothes ever. And yes, people do this so they have enough Dex for their new weapons as well.
Just wanna bash your impression of a dit. You're gonna want to start out with getting double stab maxed then you want to add 3 to disorder and proceed with maxing dark sight. After that continue maxing disorder as it'll come in handy when you're surrounded by iron pigs or something. Now when you hit bandit you want to max out savage blow first thing. Anyone who says dagger mastery comes first is a complete moron (no offense). I compared my savage blow when not maxed to someone who had built mastery first and was 5 levels above me. I was far stronger than her and ended up dismissing her from helping me with cursed dolls as she was just getting in the way. After maxing savage blow THAT'S when you go into mastery. After mastery you wanna get haste up to 5 then start building steal or continue with haste. If you continue haste build it until it's 5 points away from maxed then start building steal so that you can get good equips and stuff. As for stat build on a bandit you're gonna want to start out like he said and build DEX up to 25 quickly. Then start pouring everything into LUK until you hit level 13. At 13 add 1 point to DEX and the remaining 4 into LUK. After that, add 2 points to DEX and 3 to LUK for the rest of the game.Take it from a pro.

P.S. Squeek has no idea what he's talking about for the most part unfortunately. hidden-street.net will set you straight.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #13152
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Cleric.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #13153
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

Nice, I'm currently training my hell build mage to 30 :/ Only at 15 right now, but I started the character a few days ago so whatever. Should be Cleric soon
Old 04-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #13154
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangYa View Post
Just wanna bash your impression of a dit. You're gonna want to start out with getting double stab maxed then you want to add 3 to disorder and proceed with maxing dark sight. After that continue maxing disorder as it'll come in handy when you're surrounded by iron pigs or something. Now when you hit bandit you want to max out savage blow first thing. Anyone who says dagger mastery comes first is a complete moron (no offense). I compared my savage blow when not maxed to someone who had built mastery first and was 5 levels above me. I was far stronger than her and ended up dismissing her from helping me with cursed dolls as she was just getting in the way. After maxing savage blow THAT'S when you go into mastery. After mastery you wanna get haste up to 5 then start building steal or continue with haste. If you continue haste build it until it's 5 points away from maxed then start building steal so that you can get good equips and stuff. As for stat build on a bandit you're gonna want to start out like he said and build DEX up to 25 quickly. Then start pouring everything into LUK until you hit level 13. At 13 add 1 point to DEX and the remaining 4 into LUK. After that, add 2 points to DEX and 3 to LUK for the rest of the game.Take it from a pro.

P.S. Squeek has no idea what he's talking about for the most part unfortunately. hidden-street.net will set you straight.
hahahahahahaha

Double stab is useless. Any build that mentions double stab is not the fastest and best way to level. I'll admit that Squeek's primarily suggested build is not necessarily the best, but he got it right in mentioning the ditsin build.Oh, and by the way, every single skill for bandits in 1st job sucks ass. Dark sight has no real point outside of necessary PQs. Disorder is 100% useless. Double stab is crappy and is made entirely obsolete early in 2nd job. Nimble Body is useful, but no one worries about accuracy when they're under level 30. Point number one against what you've had to say.

Going for SB first will make for higher maximum damage, but you'll have a freaking huge range. Your hardest hits will be harder, but your weak hits will be much weaker. This is because you will have VERY LOW MASTERY. Lucky 7 has built in mastery, thus defeating the purpose of even having to worry about SB or mastery... you just get mastery up and by the time your SB is high enough in 4x, you'll have good mastery with daggers. Point number two against what you have to say.

Steal is ****ing worthless. Ludi PQ? Hah! Ludi PQ is only until level 50 and you're still a newb at level 50. In addition, I hear it no longer works for getting extra PQ items. Point number 3 against what you've said.

And this thing here about "add x amount of y stat until forever" is always wrong. ALWAYS. YOU NEVER ADD TO YOUR SECONDARY STAT UNLESS YOU NEED TO FOR A WEAPON THAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE. There is not a single class ANYWHERE where you can simply say "add x amount of stat y every level". The only possible exceptions are -less builds-- lukless, dexless, strless. And in those instances, a given formula only works because 100% of AP is to be applied into the class's primary stat.

PS I only even wrote this post, because you made a false claim. Squeek may not know as much about the game due to quitting a while back, but he definitely is among the tops as far as knowledge of this game goes, even if some of his knowledge is a bit dated sometimes.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #13155
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:

I'm glad you took so much time writing this wall of text and still missed the most important part of my post.

"June 27th, 2005, 09:54 AM"

I wrote this almost two years ago.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #13156
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

5k is now within my reach. Best I managed without magic pot was 4950. Could probably touch 5k without, but didn't feel like taking the time. Wiz pot made me get it a lot faster... I got more than 5k multiple times before managing to catch it (it's a bit tough to screenshot while being careful to not die ). The main point here is I can touch 5k now. Hopefully I can get my earrings scrolled soon to make it so I can get 5k easily without extras.

And Squeek, all of what you said is still valid. He just wanted to come in here and talk **** even though he, in reality, doesn't know as much as he boasts.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #13157
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:

Um max disorder? No. You max nimble body. Max SB first? LMFAO.. no.. Just no. You get mastery way up there before getting level 21 SB, finish mastery at 19, then finish off SB.

You don't add dex and luk per level. That's stupid too. As a bandit, you don't need dex for a long time, excluding the initial 25. The low level dagger will do until you get a kfan which requires no dex. And when you add dex, you don't add a little each level. Say in 5 levels you need 10 dex. First 3 levels are all luk, with the last 2 levels all dex. Steal? lmfao again... God. I wish idiots didn't try to suggest **** in this game. I hope to god you didn't write a "guide".

You are not a pro. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Dark sight has no real point outside of necessary PQs.

Afro that's stupid. -______-; Especially for the bandit side of the class.... Max darksight helps a ton when a CB is ME'ing. It also saves them a lot of money getting to places. Not to mention the 4th job skill where you have to go in darksight to use it (max is a MUST as without it, haste doesn't work, which means you walk slow AND have to recast it once you're out of darksight).

Last edited by banditcom; 04-28-2007 at 12:56 AM..
Old 04-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #13158
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
And Squeek, all of what you said is still valid. He just wanted to come in here and talk **** even though he, in reality, doesn't know as much as he boasts.
Now, I know that's not true either.

My post was written when skill costs were upped by halves. Most of the information is really old. Not to mention that I only made four classes in my entire maple career: Priest, Xbow, Assassin, and Fighter.

Meh. If anyone wants to make something to edit / replace that first post, I wouldn't mind in the slightest. If not, I still wouldn't mind.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #13159
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Dark sight has no real point outside of necessary PQs.

Afro that's stupid. -______-; Especially for the bandit side of the class.... Max darksight helps a ton when a CB is ME'ing. It also saves them a lot of money getting to places. Not to mention the 4th job skill where you have to go in darksight to use it (max is a MUST as without it, haste doesn't work, which means you walk slow AND have to recast it once you're out of darksight).
Obviously it is useful, but nowhere near important enough to be a worthwhile skill until late in the bandit career. Think MG for priests. Same idea.

And honestly, I only said that because in the times I've partied with CBs, they never ever use DS. Obviously it has it's places of use, but those places are most definitely Grims in 3rd job. I'll give you 4th job, but again, we don't even have that yet.

And don't even give me that **** that they should be at Gobies instead. If you look at it that way the only people who should still be at Grims are WKs and F/P mages.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #13160
PangYa
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to PangYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Um max disorder? No. You max nimble body. Max SB first? LMFAO.. no.. Just no. You get mastery way up there before getting level 21 SB, finish mastery at 19, then finish off SB.
Disorder has saved my ass several times over at pig beach while I was hunting pigs heads. nimble body is pretty useless if you can utilize the rest of your skills right. As for savage blow and mastery although sb starts off weak it gets powerful quickly enough in time for ludi PQs. In my example I was level 38 and the guy helping me was level 43. She was using savage blow with 4 hits each and mastery maxed. I was using mine with 6 hits and not a single point in mastery. It took her 6 hits to kill a zombie lupin while it took me only 3.
Quote:
You don't add dex and luk per level. That's stupid too. As a bandit, you don't need dex for a long time, excluding the initial 25. The low level dagger will do until you get a kfan which requires no dex. And when you add dex, you don't add a little each level. Say in 5 levels you need 10 dex. First 3 levels are all luk, with the last 2 levels all dex. Steal? lmfao again... God. I wish idiots didn't try to suggest **** in this game. I hope to god you didn't write a "guide".
DEX is what broadens your attack power range. You need it alot for both equips and effective hits. LUK is what actually gets the job done with your skills however. A dexless dit is a useless one. Steal will save you money. Alot of money.
Quote:
You are not a pro. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Keep in mind you're saying this to the level 200 shadower -_-