Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #141
beaner692
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to beaner692
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
I'm best with: Ice Climbers, believe it or not, they are REALLY good (I can KO anyone of my friends easily with them, it's just a matter of how good you are at dodging and timing to damage them), Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Link/Young Link.
thats so funny, ice climbers are my best also and ive never been beaten

people underestimate the ice "bitches"

wewt10k aim: IMB3AU

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=vertex+beta
I play Vertex BETA :O
beaner692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #142
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gamewiz0
Cool Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987 View Post
You obviously have no experience with this game. I'm too lazy to type some big ass post with the flaws in your post, but I'm sure someone will do my job for me. Pretty much everything you said is either incorrect, opinion or just straight up retarded.
Right...so your going to make claims but not even post them...

Its opinion that Kirby is slower than many other characters?
Its opinion that Kirby is weaker than many other characters?
Its opinion that Kirby has a small attack range?
[sarcasim]All of these are obviously opinion.[/sarcasim] Quite frankly, theres no getting around the fact that Kirby just isn't that good, no matter how you look at it.

Though it is fact that he has the coolest taunt, and B move in the game
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #143
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Okay, let's go through this, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewiz0 View Post
Kirby? Speed? He's pretty small, but still big enough for any competant player to hit. Now is someone professionally plays as Kirby, more power to 'em, but that still doesn't make him good.
Opinion, yet you state it as though it's a fact.

Quote:
Kirby really doesn't have many perks except for his ok recovery
He has multi jump and his Up + B actually sends him upward for a short while so I think that I'm not the only one that thinks this when I say that his recovery is pretty good.

Quote:
His attacks are weak
Okay, I don't know what SSBM you're playing but dealing 10%-20% per smash is pretty ****ing strong to me. His Down + B and his Left/Right + B are pretty ****ing powerful.

Quote:
and have next to no range.
Do clarify on what you mean by that. I mean, IMO there are only a handful of characters with range so why not bring up the fact that as Roy, DK or Bowser you're limited to closer ranged attacks.

EDIT: Hah, how could I forget the fact that if you're playing against someone with range such as Fox or Samus you could simply suck them up and steal their attack. Kirby's ability to suck up people and steal their B attack makes him a formidable foe when you're stuck against someone who just like to sit back and fire away.

Personally, I'd love to take your ass on in a match as Kirby and you could use whoever you'd like. Though I've never seriously played as kirby I'm sure I could take on Link and his "raw power" or whoever you'd so choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

Last edited by vashthestampede0987; 04-18-2007 at 12:01 AM..
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #144
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Cool Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Quote:
He has multi jump and his Up + B actually sends him upward for a short while so I think that I'm not the only one that thinks this when I say that his recovery is pretty good.
Multi-jump thats equal to the second jump of a nice amount of characters, plus its slow and leaves you way open to attack. His B up is horrible for recovery from anything unless its a complete vertical ldge your trying to get to, and if its not, your ****ed.

Quote:
Okay, I don't know what SSBM you're playing but dealing 10%-20% per smash is pretty ****ing strong to me.
His up and side smash are his only good smashes, the rest are bad, and at best decent.

Quote:
His Down + B and his Left/Right + B are pretty ****ing powerful.
Powerful, but if you actually hit someone with that I'd have to assume it was a 5-yr old, or someone who's just picked up the game, because anyone who has basic smash skills and can dodge roll can easily avoid-and counter hit them hard with a smash attack (or throw him if he's in stone).

Quote:
Do clarify on what you mean by that. I mean, IMO there are only a handful of characters with range so why not bring up the fact that as Roy, DK or Bowser you're limited to closer ranged attacks.
Me and my friends call a character with short range "nubby". Kirby actually gets a nice amount of range on his side smashs-but its still not enough to do much. Link and Young Links have beautiful range. The people we like to call "nubby are Mario, Kirby, Peach, Pichu, Zelda, and thats all from the top of my head.

Quote:
Hah, how could I forget the fact that if you're playing against someone with range such as Fox or Samus you could simply suck them up and steal their attack.
Ah, forgot about that. Granted, if he's playing with a character who has a nice B attack, it can help him slightly, but its not enough to cover for the rest of his faults.

Quote:
Personally, I'd love to take your ass on in a match as Kirby and you could use whoever you'd like.
Wait 'till SSBB (though, Kirby will probably be changed by then).

Quote:
I'm sure I could take on Link and his "raw power" or whoever you'd so choose.
Hey, Link's powerful, pretty slow, but his power and range makes up for it.

And I'd choose Peach, Pikachu, Yoshi, or, if I really wanted to be an ass, Pichu.

Last edited by gamewiz0; 04-18-2007 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Grammatical Errors
gamewiz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #145
DaichiMuse
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DaichiMuse

I love this game, Im good with Link, Young Link, and Falco
DaichiMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #146
neo1225214
FFR Player

One thing that most people don't believe is that Jigglypuff is actually really good. He...or she... or IT is who i used to beat Giga Bowser. I used Luigi for Master and Crazy Hand because they seem to be weak against fire attacks.
neo1225214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #147
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Quote:
Multi-jump thats equal to the second jump of a nice amount of characters, plus its slow and leaves you way open to attack. His B up is horrible for recovery from anything unless its a complete vertical ldge your trying to get to, and if its not, your ****ed.
lol whut? The only characters who would be able to go as high as Kirby would be Jigglypuff(who I assume has the same jumping ability) and probably Yoshi, and somehow I don't think his jump is quite THAT high. Unless you're actually KO'd off the side of the screen or at a stage with an extremely low pit, you should be able to get back no matter how far from the stage you've been smacked.

Quote:
His up and side smash are his only good smashes, the rest are bad, and at best decent.
Up Smash, Down Smash, Left/Right Smash. If 2/3s of his Smashes are good, then just use those. Last I checked, two good Smashes are better than none.

Quote:
Powerful, but if you actually hit someone with that I'd have to assume it was a 5-yr old, or someone who's just picked up the game, because anyone who has basic smash skills and can dodge roll can easily avoid-and counter hit them hard with a smash attack (or throw him if he's in stone).
I'll agree with you there. On the ground, the hammer has slow startup, lots of lag, and poor priority. You'd be surprised how easily you can hit someone as a rock.

Quote:
Me and my friends call a character with short range "nubby". Kirby actually gets a nice amount of range on his side smashs-but its still not enough to do much. Link and Young Links have beautiful range. The people we like to call "nubby are Mario, Kirby, Peach, Pichu, Zelda, and thats all from the top of my head.
He isn't exactly the king of ranged attacks, but he certainly isn't a fray character, either. Bowser is "nubby". Kirby is not.

Also, it always depends on who's operating the character. There are lots of people who could claim that Link is the worst character in the game, then have their ass whooped by a Link player.

internet, argument, retarded, etc.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #148
liltiger3
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to liltiger3

Okay has this turned into an argument on Kirby? Cause now Im lost with this argument.
liltiger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #149
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Arrow Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Quote:
Okay has this turned into an argument on Kirby? Cause now Im lost with this argument.
More of a debate

Quote:
The only characters who would be able to go as high as Kirby would be Jigglypuff(who I assume has the same jumping ability) and probably Yoshi, and somehow I don't think his jump is quite THAT high. Unless you're actually KO'd off the side of the screen or at a stage with an extremely low pit, you should be able to get back no matter how far from the stage you've been smacked.
I like Jigglypuff's puff better mainly because it seems (not sure if its true or not) to go a bit faster then Kirbys, plus shes got one extra and good arieal attacks. And Yoshi's jump really doesn't go that high, but moves at a nice speed and your invulnerable during it, making it nice. Kirbys is pretty much slow, and his arieals arn't great enough to sustain him, whist other peoples speed on their second jump is fast enough to dodge an attack and counter attack if nescsary.

Quote:
You'd be surprised how easily you can hit someone as a rock.
If your playing 2v2, the rock is probably more useful, but a a1v1 match, using the rock is one of the worst things you could do.

Quote:
He isn't exactly the king of ranged attacks, but he certainly isn't a fray character, either. Bowser is "nubby". Kirby is not.
Forgot about Bowser, is probably is nubbiest character in the game. Yesterday, I was actually playing as Kirby, he's actually not that nubby, and the range on his attacks isn't so bad, but he just makes the not-nubby category.

Quote:
Also, it always depends on who's operating the character. There are lots of people who could claim that Link is the worst character in the game, then have their ass whooped by a Link player.
Of corse this always matters, but when claiming whats what, its always best to assume both players are the same "skill" as each other, and to use just "facts" more or less rather than saying whats what.

Kirby isn't the "worst" character in the game, but he's certainly not the best, and he's quite low IMO. Maybe 2nd or 3rd to last? But there are 28(?) characters in SSBM, 28 unique individual characters, giving players enough freedom to choose whoever they're most comfertable with. If someone is comfertable with Kirby, having fun, and beating people with him, then power to 'em. But all in all, Kirby just doesn't have that super special awesome battle ability aside from his awesome taunt and B attack (which varies).

Quote:
internet, argument, retarded, etc
Yay internet! Arguments are fun! Its not retarded, it works your mind :P.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #150
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Forgot about Bowser, is probably is nubbiest character in the game. Yesterday, I was actually playing as Kirby, he's actually not that nubby, and the range on his attacks isn't so bad, but he just makes the not-nubby category.

Yay internet! Arguments are fun! Its not retarded, it works your mind :P.
Ok. I want you to see this video about Bowser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3MaCgI4FjU

It has THE BEST SSBM PLAYERS IN THE WORLD using Bowser in a 3 Bowsers vs. Whoever match. Yeah, Bowser sucks. <_<

Also, if a short ranged character is "Nubby," then what is Shiek? Chopped liver?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #151
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Quote:
*cough* Oh.

Quote:
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #152
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Wink Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Quote:
It has THE BEST SSBM PLAYERS IN THE WORLD using Bowser in a 3 Bowsers vs. Whoever match. Yeah, Bowser sucks. <_<
They don't look like the best players in the world. And their playing on Fountain of Dreams >.<

Bowser's pretty bad-but he's got some fast attacks (B Up) and at the very least has enough power to make up for it. Plus he's heavy, and his recovery can stop upwards attacks from getting him.

Quote:
Also, if a short ranged character is "Nubby," then what is Shiek? Chopped liver?
A short ranged characer isn't Nubby. Nubby is if their main attacks (a attacks) have a short reach. Shiek has mad range on her attacks, she's not nubby.

*Any character who fights with nubs (Jigglypuff, Kirby, Pichu) is pretty much automaticly Nubby *
Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #153
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread, but I must say this much:

Kirby may not be the best, but he definitely isn't that bad. Bowser, however IS that bad. Bowser ****ing sucks.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #154
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Actually, i'm beginning to change my opinion on Kirby, he still sucks, but I actually wanna rate Bowser in there as really bad.

Top 5 worst characters.

5.DK
4.Mewtwo
3.G&W
2.Kirby
1.Bowser

BTW-Hitler would make an awesome SSBB character.
I think Hitler and John Madden should be in the next SSBB
Old 04-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #155
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

....you really must be terrible at this game to rate DK, G&W and Mewtwo over Kirby, and you're super retarded for saying Hitler and John Madden should be in SSBB, joking or not.

Quote:
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #156
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Quote:
....you really must be terrible at this game to rate DK, G&W and Mewtwo over Kirby, and you're super retarded for saying Hitler and John Madden should be in SSBB, joking or not.
And you must be really terrible at..well life to not even give a reason for your conclusion. Actually, I don't wanna call that a conclusion-its more of an instinct-you think something and you type it, sorta like a monkey...

BTW, Hitler and John Madden would make the best SSBB characters, John Madden would throw footballs at his enemies and Hitler would thrown Shuriken Swasticas...

I think Bill Cosby would fit in too, can you say Jello Puddin' Power Punch?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #157
hanakatana
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to hanakatana Send a message via MSN to hanakatana

i kick ass with Kirby, i am unstoppable and currently undefeated by everyone i know!
hanakatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #158
liltiger3
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to liltiger3

I totally agree with vashthestampede0987. There is no way DK, G&W and Mewtwo should be over Kirby. I have nothing against them, but Kirby is way better than those guy's. And thinking Hitler and John Madden should be in SSBB is gay.
liltiger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #159
norge1
FFR Player

Hey I have a quick question. My friend doesn't like this game (wow) and when I get him to play, I try to give him an adavantage cuz he's not that great. Is it possible to give 1 person more lives then another? I've tried, but i haven't found an option to do so.

Dr. Mario, Fox, and Link are awesome
norge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #160
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You can just jump off the edge once.

I do it with my friends all of the time.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote