Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #621
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: The Revolution (Wii) is Here.

Haha this is the greatest thing ever.

To anyone who is on the fence about Monkey Ball: It's the best game I've played all day. Some of the mini-games are lacking, but single player is astounding.

To anyone who is on the fence about Red Steel: Controls are wonky. I need to mess with my sensitivity a little more. You have to keep your gun hand (Wii Remote) on the screen at all times or you go nuts. Once I learned that, we didn't have as many problems. We started with Multiplayer, so that halved the screen size and possibly the accuracy. I'll go with Single Player when I get home.

Wii Sports? AMAZING. I don't quite get Boxing, but that's OK. The other four don't require nunchucks and they're TOTALLY AWESOME.

I'm gonna play Trauma Center and Zelda after work. Writing a 12-page paper and doing a take-home exam at work. Hopefully I finish so the rest of the night is Wii time.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #622
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I got it. All I had to do was wait, oh, maybe a half hour in my car, 15 minutes outside, and two hours inside. All starting at... guess what? 7 AM. NO PREORDER. Pictures of the crazy lines inside the mall, of my Wii box, and other stuff when I feel like it.

Besides, I haven't even opened my box yet. I have journalism to do.

NUMBAH SIX!

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #623
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Sweet, I only got wii sports and $20 of vitual concel points that I got for free.
Monkey ball, Trauma center, and Zelda i'll be getting on christmas, but I might get zelda when my mom finishes christmas shoping today because I got high honors.

Wii sports, awsome, I'm thankful that you can play mp on golf and bowling with one controller. And the skill level thing, fitness training, and fitness age is a cool thing I never knew about.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #624
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

hell yes son

I waited for 4 hours but luckily the EB Games i bought it from was indoors in a mall, we didn't have to stand in a line (they just took names), and there was a food court right next to us. No problems and they had 20 extras, which was more than i was expecting.

Setting up to play Zelda, Call of Duty 3, and Wii Sports.

Someone tell me if Trauma Center dosen't suck.

ps yes it is awesome

Last edited by Pumble; 11-19-2006 at 11:02 AM..
Pumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #625
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumble View Post
hell yes son

I waited for 4 hours but luckily the EB Games i bought it from was indoors in a mall, we didn't have to stand in a line (they just took names), and there was a food court right next to us. No problems and they had 20 extras, which was more than i was expecting.

Setting up to play Zelda, Call of Duty 3, and Wii Sports.

Someone tell me if Trauma Center dosen't suck.

ps yes it is awesome
You suck.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #626
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Didn't get one even my ace in the hole K-mart was sold out. Looks like I'll have to randomly check back in stores every couple of weeks.

I did however manage to get the very last twilight princess my entire area had.
(Fye found a very small stack of games in the back room that they failed to put out during the morning rush).

All the EB games and Game Stops near me are only selling reserves. (We wont have any more Wii's for sale until AFTER Christmas). How gay is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 11-19-2006 at 11:35 AM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #627
ChaosMaster1
FFR Player

this is why i came up with the phrase "Wiitard"

youre a wiitard if you literally wait for a Wii, when you shouldve preordered.

15 AAAs!
ChaosMaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #628
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Uhhhh I wasn't much interested until like a month ago. I mean, I really wanted a Wii but I held back on getting interested in it so the wait wasn't as long.

Dark: New shipments should be out sometime this week at most places. o_O
Old 11-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #629
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Ill be checking back at my local target and Wal-mart on Thursday and Friday between college classes and work. Its going to be more luck than anything else if I get one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #630
white_boy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to white_boy Send a message via MSN to white_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
I'm calling places....... Doesn't look like I'll be getting the Wii tonight.

Thanks Squeek for reassuring all of us there would Wiis available.............

-____- Looks like I won't be getting one for a while. Just great.

yup same here.

THANKS SQUEEK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessman07
white boy is my *****
Proud to be businessman07's *****.
white_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #631
Nikkis
Banned

Haha suckers.......

Tps and I camped out infront of Best Buy from 11:00 p.m. EDT yesterday to 9:00a.m. EDT today. It was quite the experience. We were 77th out of 102 people in line, since there were 102 Wii's in stock. So we got the Wii, Legend of Zelda Twighlight Princess, Super Monkey Ball, The Wii Sports(Which Are Great), and an extra controller/num-chucks.

PS. I'm Lightknight Fools.
Nikkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #632
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Is Zelda every thing they said it'll be?
Is the Wii every thing they said it'll be?

At this rate I'll have to wait to mid-December for one. But I need the 'Dos and Donts' now so I can plan.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #633
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Haha, Best Buy was PACKED. My friends and I drove by a couple of other places, when we noticed there was no one in line at Sam's Club. There were only six shipped there, but hell, we'll take three, right? We waited outside for maybe an hour until we got placeholder cards, went out for breakfast, came back to someone's house and played ping pong and stuff, and finally came back at 10 AM to pick up our presents. Nice.

Wii Sports is way more of an actual game than I thought it would be. I was thinking something more like Air Hockey for e-Reader. (I know, I'm the only one that got suckered into buying one when I was in 7th grade.) The implementation with the avatar system is awesome. I've only played a little bit of Twilight Princess, so I can't really say anything about it. You just know it's gonna be awesome, though.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #634
banditcom
FFR Player

I was thinking Sam's Club but like, need a membership, right? >.> Or they let you buy anyways?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #635
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Yeah, you need a membership. Cool people have memberships. Cool people also buy things in very, very large quantities.

I'm hearing good things about the new Super Monkey Ball game. That'll probably be the next one I get unless something else comes out before I want to buy it.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #636
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

Went to Target at 6 AM today, was 31st in line out of 60 Wiis.

They had a good launch plan and just handed out tickets with your number on it and let you go wherever and then come back once they open.

I got another Wiimote, another Nunchuck, the Classic Controller, Red Steel, Trauma Center, and Call of Duty 3.

I haven't played any of the games yet, cause Wii Sports has kept me busy. It's so much more fun than I imagined.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #637
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I'm not going to bother posting pictures because they're nothing special. All you need to know is that the lines were long, and longer when I left, and the line at GameStop was twice as long as the one at EB Games (same mall), and there had to be at least 120 people in both lines combined when I left. And the stores are not sold out yet.

I spent most of my time updating the Wii and configuring internet options, browsing the Wii Shop, configuing a couple Miis (Joe and Jesus), and playing Trauma Center. I LOVE Trauma Center. I thought it'd be frustrating, but it's not. It's a ton of fun. When I heard Dr. Stiles say for the first time, "Don't die on me," a huge smile came across my face, because the emotion that seemed to be missing from the DS game was finally there. Defibrillator FTW!

I said the Wiimote before was spot-on. It's not spot-on on the Wii Menu 100% of the time. However, it works perfectly in Trauma Center.

I'll get videos of gameplay of Trauma Center and Monkey Ball (maybe Wii Sports, too) when I get the chance (and figure out how to set my camera up to see it correctly). It'll be purely video; my camera doesn't do sound. However, I'll try to give you the chance to see how the Wiimote works with the games, as I'll try to get some of my movement of the Wiimote in with the games, if possible.

One thing that needs to be mentioned: the Sensor Bar is critical to gameplay. The pointer only works if the area between the sensor bar and the Wiimote is clear. I discovered this when I rested the controller on my lap, and a fold in my jeans obstructed the path from Wiimote to bar.

My configuration is horizontal. I cannot stand it up without risk of damaging my Wii. Also, my sensor bar is below my TV for similar reasons.

New Virtual Console games are going to be added every Monday. Good thing, because I'd almost kill for a copy of Toejam & Earl right about now.

I'll be posting my Wii code soon. We can start sending messages so we can see that blue light start to blink. =)

EDIT (ADDING STUFF I FORGOT): Graphics are better than initial impression. Souped-up Xbox, they are. GC games work great. Tried SSBM. The Game Channel shows the Gamecube logo and plays the default startup music, and the game boots up normally. That's about it.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

Last edited by nforcer06164; 11-19-2006 at 07:28 PM..
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #638
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

The cursor on the Wii Menu definitely tends to spazz out. I think it might be because of its ability to rotate with the remote. It's perfectly smooth in Twilight Princess, though.

The tennis game in Wii Sports just makes me realize how awesome the Wii would be for a serious tennis game. Using the Nunchuk for movement and making the swings with the remote more realistic would make for an amazing game.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #639
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

This comes with a browser for the Internets, right?

How exactly does that work? Does it need a keyboard or what?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #640
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
This comes with a browser for the Internets, right?

How exactly does that work? Does it need a keyboard or what?
No, while browsing the Wii Shop I saw that you have to buy the Internet Channel. And it's not available to buy yet.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote