Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-1-2016, 12:45 PM   #26
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Nhl 2015-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
It was one of the most exciting all-star weekend. Not because of the performances, but the atmosphere and the drama during the week-end, a big part due to St. John Scott. I don't see what was depressing about this ASG. Players are doing this for fun, to showcase their skills and to celebrate with each other. You're missing the point, a serious bragging competition is not the spirit of the event.
See: many moons ago

bragging rights were the driving force of ASG alongside rivalries to see who was the best at what category.

Now it is all about the "atmosphere" and seeing players have fun while also showcasing their skills. Also, NHL really botched ASG with the drama about Scott and now one game suspensions on players who didn't attend because they wanted the weekend off. You are missing the point that it was the spirit of the event to brag about skill and demonstrate why they can even brag about it.

I'm not questioning the fun aspect of ASG, but morely I miss the spirit of competition rather than the spirit of fun; it suited hockey better with tensions so high.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote