Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #17
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepmania/ffr history thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Remember that time when he uploaded a chart for a tournament and everyone shitted on him for essentially using his admin privilege to put a file in a game without due process?
Yup, 7th official, final round. Added himself while completely bypassing the batch process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
wtf Jae.. You really surprised me on how badly someone can royally fck up a song like Undiscovered Colors.. Not even including the rest of the second verse... ugh...
People start their usual shitposting too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
This is like what the Nazis did when they were in control of the government.

You speak out against those whose ideals you don't agree with or you oppose (admins), and you get sent to concentration camps (banned). We have reached a new low, everybody. Looks like freedom of speech isn't a value we respect or tolerate here.
Nois wants PMs instead of thread flooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
I'm sorry must say, but even with a PM to you it doesn't matter. You just blow it off anyway lol So what's the difference anymore
Thread dies down a bit due to hype of final round, but once it ends the file is swapped with some 4 note thing (touch my tralala mix?) and the truth is revealed about the batch bypass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Whoever changed undiscovered colors
I vote we keep it that way
It's a complete improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Allow me to explain, since I actually know what's going on in full detail after inquiring about it from multiple people.

There was supposed to be an internal batch between all of the simfiling staff (plus Jae, who was hosting the tournament). This file was present in that batch and was intended for the tournament. However, it was supposed to be reviewed by other staff members within that batch. The original version (the "92" rated file) was apparently rejected because of extremely abrasive patterns. After toning the file down significantly, the file was submitted again and was rejected from one person, and not looked at by the other. The file still ended up in game.

I was curious as to how this file got in game, so I naturally asked bmah and JX, who are the normal batch heads, and they gave me the information. Essentially, this file's second version skipped the judgment process (which mentioned before, was one reject and one N/A) and didn't receive adequate review before being put in game. Hopefully, this file should have to be sent in the next batch along with other people's files and be reviewed like any other file.

(I'm also making a chart for this, it happened after listening to the song for the first time in headphones + 320 Kbps, so there could very well be two of the same song in a batch to be judged, and I'm actually feeling pretty good about my version, haha.)
Not as much stink made in this thread as I remember, but the file was disabled and wasn't seen again until TC_Halogen submitted his own version and got it properly accepted through the batch (unlike nois).

Also there were a bunch of unofficial and physical prizes that were never actually distributed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Posting again.

The 7th Official Tournament concluded on September 2nd and while tokens have been handed out, physical prizes like the SessileNomad albums, stickers, and other user-promised prizes were never given out. In addition to this, it was said that the postage would be taken care of by Sprite- on the 26th of September, and he is no longer available due to other priorities.

It has been over three months since the promise of prizes with constant updates requested, but said updates were never received. With that being said, I am removing the sticky on this thread. It can be assumed that the prizes won't be handed out at this point.
A few of these items were promised delivery, or were in the possession of nois as well. Basically, a real ball drop that year for him.

Here is a video of Nois' version of Undiscovered colors I recorded, so you can relive it's infamy:
MEGA Link

Last edited by foxfire667; 04-28-2018 at 10:02 AM..
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote