Old 08-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #11
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
There should probably be two people who are like "site leads" that can help things keep rolling in all aspects of the site by checking in with the various groups and bringing on people as necessary. If there's two people I think there would be a better success with it because the work can be tag teamed and not just fall apart when one person gets busy with something.
+1 to this. It's a valid point, and a reasonable course of action in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
This is proof of what I am trying to say. Get people fired up and engaged. We have to strike that balance of helping people stay here but generating new interest. It can all be done regardless of code, forum, site theme etc. I don't mean to sound like a broken record but I think that discussing this, you will see why what I am saying will work. The rest of the problems, (I don't mean to sound harsh) are either junior high style issues or problems that can fix themselves as a side effect of general inspiration.
I do think I understand what you're trying to say, but in case I don't I'll elaborate on where I am coming from.

We need to balance growing and retention, yes. But the way to doing that is action, and from a user's perspective on the site currently there is little action. So when you say "a majority of these problems can fix themselves from the general inspiration", I have to ask where the inspiration is to come from? As the user base we can definitely promote that inspiration, but when a lot of us (or maybe it is just AJ and I) feel like there is little happening in this community currently to keep us engaged and involved how can we be expected to foster inspiration and be fired up? It boils down to, in my opinion, a direction that should be established and pursued first and foremost by the staff. If the staff aren't excited about the site, how can the users be?