Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-7-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default So let's talk about how garbage Skype is for a second

rant time.

2 days ago, at about 10pm, I got locked out of my Skype account because Skype happened to not remember my e-mail address, and the password is broken beyond broken. Like I mean, it's not even a password anymore. I know the password, and it doesn't work.

On top of that, my old e-mail closed about a year ago on my part due to an increasing amount of spam. I switched over to my new e-mail account at that time. I was in the process of trying to set this 2nd e-mail account for my Skype account in profile options yesterday, but when I came back to my computer after going out, the auto-login (remember password) for some reason did not activate as usual, and I'm left locked out of my account now.

So being the nice routine-following person I am, I went and sent them a proper notice stating that the primary e-mail associated with the account no longer works, and the password is broken. I even put it in the title of the message I sent to them. It took them at least 12 hours to get back to me, and this is what they wrote:

Holy shit. That took forever to type I bet, the entire thing looks scripted too. I responded within 5 minutes of them sending the message with pretty much an exact replica of a message that I had sent, as well as a copy of my new e-mail address, sent from my new e-mail address. I explained everything in the previous message that reached support and I have no idea why they didn't take the time to sit down and actually read my message rather than wait 12 fucking hours to get back to me.

I 'aint even finished. After I send that message back to them I'm expecting that I would get thrown to the front of the stack or something, because, you know, it's an on-going issue, that someone actually responded to. NOPE NO ONE CARES, 14 FUCKING HOURS + 8 HOURS SLEEP GO FUCK YOURSELF

They didn't even take the time to LINK THE FUCKING WEBSITE AT THE BOTTOM THIS TIME HOLY SHIT

Here is something truly amazing: If you take the time to read the 2nd message they sent me you can clearly see that
THEY CAN'T GIVE A SINGLE FUCK ABOUT WHAT E-MAIL YOU'RE USING.

You just sent an e-mail to the response of a message that said my new e-mail account, and you're sending the response message to my new e-mail account, do you think maybe that's my new e-mail account? The thing that saddens me the most, is that it doesn't even look like the message has been scripted from customer support this time, it sounds like it came from a person that wishes to sound professional but can't even FUCKING READ ENGLISH.

So I sent a message off to them again, pretty much exclaiming that the e-mail address you've been sending your snail mail to is the fucking e-mail address that needs to be changed over to. THAT BEING SAID, it only took 5 people from my contacts list to change over the previous e-mail address to my current e-mail address which makes the entire thing a big fucking joke.

How about this,
FUCKING IMPLEMENT PRE-SCRIPTED QUESTIONS?
What was my first employer? What was the first school I went to? What was the name of my first friend? ANY OF THESE WILL DO! Skype, fucking fix your slow, shitty customer support. I'll be fucking shocked if you say that you are based in North America, because it feels like everyone came from stupidland. While you're at it, for the love of god, add pre-scripted security questions, for cases like these and people still need to get back into their account.

I have a funeral to attend today for my mother, and I was unable to contact anyone over Skype about it, because Skype does garbage things like this.

Hell as far as I know, it's probably going to take another 24 hours for customer support to even respond to me because they probably top-stacked the issue instead of dealing with the issues at the front of the stack first. If you want to have good customer support, you don't top-stack the issues and try to have everyone's issues solved at the exactly same time, you treat it like a doctor's office. First come, first serve. Get them out of the way quickly. If they don't respond to your message within a reasonable amount of time, then you can sit that person on the back-burner, but as soon as you get a message from them, reply back. This is easy stuff guys, it's not that hard. The fact that I could probably run Skype's customer support better than whatever they're doing right now, and I'm 19 years old, is truly shameful.

tl;dr, got locked out of my Skype account, it took customer support 48 hours to ask for my new e-mail address, which is the very same e-mail address they were responding to the entire time. I still can't use Skype, and it will probably take another 24 hours for them to acknowledge that information because the way they deal with reports is shit.

If anyone else feels like wanting to rant at Skype support or Skype issues in general here's the thread for it.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 08-31-2017 at 07:20 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote