Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Default Dead Island Riptide 'Zombie Bait edition" Controversy

So in case you don't know the series, Dead Island is a zombie based rpg and has quite a bit of gore in it. Which is fine, you expect that from a zombie game right? Following the newest trend of releasing a limited edition(hey dead island is doing that also!) and a $150+ rare edition games seem to do, Deep Silver released this image as a UK Xbox 360 exclusive for 99 pounds/$160.

]

So, of course the main part of this edition is the chick with no arms nor legs, but still quite the fine rack. I mean hey, guys look at that most of the time anyway right? So of course this stirs up some controversy, as to be expected. Surprisingly, a lot of feedback has come from the dead island community and it's quite negative. You think the people that would be ok with this would be the DI community. Deep Silver posted an official apology about the statue(http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kngs7f) but I don't see any plans of cancelling the edition. Dead Island is set to release April 23rd, 2013.

What do you guys think of this edition of the game? Is it ok for this to be made and sold in stores(very limited). Should Deep Silver cancel the edition and come up with something new?

Personally, I don't see why this is such a terrible thing. Ok boobs, we get it. Shocking. The whole game is based around zombies and gore comes with that. I can see why people are offended by it, but there's no reason to be complaining about it. No one has to buy it and the people who do buy it will have it somewhere in their house. So where's the problem? Why get offended? I'd love the statue, I love zombies and think it's a pretty cool statue.