noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Need music recommendations | 1 year challenge

Day Sixty-One - January 30th, 2014
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Empty the Bones of You by Chris Clark (recommended by Crazyjayde)

1. Indigo Optimus
2. Holiday as Brutality
3. Empty the Bones of You
4. Early Moss
5. Tyre
6. Tycan
7. Wolf
8. Slow Spines
9. Umbilical Hut
10. Farewell Track
11. Sun Too Slow
12. Gavel (Obliterated)
13. Gob Coitus
14. Betty

Maybe listening to Clark's discography in reverse was a bad idea. I've started with Totems Flare around 2010, and I really liked the unique dark vigorous atmosphere. Then I listened to Body Riddle and was a bit mildly disappointed, because I was expecting the same sound. But I still need to listen to it again, to give it a proper and fair listen. Then, Crazyjayde recommended this album thinking that maybe I could like it...

I did like it, at times. It's more quiet and restrained than I was wishing. The ambient sections are nice, but by no mean extraordinary. His strength, or what makes Clark's music interesting, is the way he can create downbeat feelings with intricate and complex compositions. Although, it's present at times in the ambient tracks (Betty for example), it's more evident in the most rhythmic tracks : Holiday as Brutality, Gavel (Obliterated) and Gob Coitus. Btw, Gob Coitus was accompanied with a very interesting music video - and on a side note, there's a parallel to make with Herr Barr, same theme (animal vs human) but treated differently.

My rating : ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

Last edited by noname219; 02-2-2014 at 03:12 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote