noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Need music recommendations | 1 year challenge

Day Eighteen - December 18th, 2013
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

October Language by Belong (recommended by EzExZeRo7497)

1. I Never Lose. Never Really
2. Red Velvet or Northing
3. October Language
4. I'm Too Sleepy...Shall We Swim?
5. Remove the Inside
6. Who Told You This Room Exists?
7. All Equal Now
8. The Door Opens the Other Way

Belong is a duo composed of Turk Dietrich and Michael Jones from New Orleans. Four years after their formation, they decided to release their first LP October Language with the help of Joshua Estis at masterization, who already worked with Dietrich in the past. October Language was recorded in 2004, but only went out in 2006.

Not the kind of music I can fully describe by words, but I'll try anyway. It's an interesting exercise in style and a very slow moving album, punctuated by strong distortion. There's barely any str░ucture. It can be hypnotic if you're waiting for "something" to happen. After a while, you get engulfed by the loudness and you just don't care about the pacing░. I surprised myself into thinking of how short the album was. I thought it was only 30 minutes when in reality, it's clocking at 4░5 minutes.

There's some moments where it feels like post-rock or shoegaze, the self-titled song Oct░ober Languag░e for exampl▒e tu░rns into intense feedback. In All Equal Now or The Door░ Opens the Other Way, I had the imp▒▓יּression to hﮦe░a▒r one continuous noteﺄ w▒יּ░hen i░n fact, it changes very ░s░lightly.ﭹ You do▓n't feel it. And when y░ou do something else w░hen listening▒ to t▓░hﮦis░, it'▒ﮃs r░e░verbe░ration▓ on you. ▒a▓nd ░you ░feיּeﮦl ▓a nAtur▓al att░ract░ioﮃn ░wi٬th th░░e m▒u░░sic░, it g▒░░▒ets░ lo░udיּeꜚ▓ﮦ٠░r ﮃan٬d░ ░lOUderﮦ░. ٠▓I░░t's▒ eﭹﺄ٬c▓░▒hoed ▒in ▓░░y▒o▒ur mind ٠aﺄ▒ﺄn░d░ ٠i▒t ▒Fe░░elﺄ▒sיּ like ▓▒t░h▓ꜚe m▒ﭹיּ░Us▓ﺄ▒▓ꜚ▒i░▓ﮃ░c░░▓ geTs LO▓▒udﭹ▓er,er▓▒░▓ y░o▒urﮃ ▒▓▓▓▓s▒o▓▓▒Ul ▓was ▒fe░e▓▓l▒I▓▓n▓g ░░░▓pg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙art ▒▒▒of ▓the s▒▓▓ﭹ▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙so▒un▓▒░░d▒▒░, ▓▒l▓▒oUdEﺩ▓ꜚ ▒▒ꜚ▓▓▒יּLﭹ▒▓░O▒▓U▒▒▒d ▓s▓▓▓o▒u▒יּ▒▓n▒d. L▓░OUN▒ꜚ▓▒D▒▒ ▓▒Aꜗיּ▓⁞▒▒▒L▒L h░a▒▓,I▓▓▓L▒ ﺫ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓꜡ﺄs▒∙▓aꜗ▒῾▒▒ꜚ▒N ▒ﮦ▒▒⁞T░▒A▒N ▒Cꜘꜚ▒▒░▒ﻔﱟO▒ꜙ▒s▒▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀N▓٠ꜗ▓▓▓ﻤꜞ▓ꜗ▓ﻔu▓▒M▓ꜚ▒▓ꜙ▓▓▓▒▒ﱞ▓Eﻔ▓░▒▒▓▒ ▓░▓fﱟ▓L▒e▒S▓▒῾יּhꜘ..▓ﮃ░ﺫꜚ▓▒,▒.░▒^ ▒▒▓▓▒▒ꜗ▒▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▓꜡▒∙▒ﬞ▓ꞈ▓ꜗ░▓▓ꜙﺄﮃ▓ꜞ▓▓▓ꜘư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▓ꜗ▒▓⁞^h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▓▒∙▓▓▓▒ﺩ▓^░▓ꜘ^▓▓▒ꜞ᷈▒∙▓▓▒▓░ꜘ▒▒Y░▓▒꜠▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒OU▒h░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀῾▓▓▓▓▒⁞᷈ۥ▒ꜙ▒ﻔꞈꜙCﺀ░ۥ῟▒A٬ꜚ░꜠Nﱟ᷈ﻤꜗﱞ▓▓ꜗ▓▒ݦ▒ݦe▒ꜚ▓▓▓▓▒░▒▒▓░▓ﱟ▒Nꞈ▒▒꜠░Oﻔh̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦo̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒▒▓░ꜛ꜠⁞▓▓ꜗﱞ▒▒▒ﺩ▓▓▓▓٬ꜙ▒῾῾῾░‖▒▓▓▓Tl᷂E▓▒ꜘ▓Vݦᵙ▓ꜗꜘꜘAs̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝▓꜠▒ﱟﺀ᷈▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀῟▓░▓⁞Dꜞﻤ▒ꜙ▒▓▒▒⁞▓ꜗ▓▓ꜘ░▒░▓▓▓░▓░ꜙ▓▒▓f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦEf̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▓s̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ꜘ▓ꜚ▒ꜚ▓▓᷂῾p░ݦꜗ∙῟▒▓▓ﬞ░⁞▒▓▓ꜘ▒▓ꜚ▓▒ﺓ░᷂▓▒ꜗ▓▒⁞▓▓▒ꜘ▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒ۥ▒ꜙꜘ▒░▓▓‖῾▓ᵙꜗ▒░░ﬞﬞﺓ░ꜛ▒꜡▒f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▓ꜘ▒ﱞꞈﱞ★▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ꜗ▓ꜗ῾ﺦﱞ᷈٬c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙
░░▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝▓ꜘ▒ꜙꜞꜞ▓ﱟ░ꜚg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓░ꜞꜞ꜡░▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▓▓░▓▓o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝ꞈ▓∙h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒▓▓▓▒ﱞ▒▒▓ꜙꜘ▒▓▓░▒῟ﺀꜚ▒▓▓꜠▓▒⁞▒▓▒▒ꜙ▓ꜜ▓▓░▓░░▒▒▒ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀▒▒▒▓g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒▒o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▒⁞▒▓▒▒ꜗꜘꜗﺀﻤﻤﱟf̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ
░▒ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒῾o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝꜠░⁞▓ꞈ᷈ﱟﱞꞈ᷂g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒ﱟ▒ꜘ▓▓꜡▓▒o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ﻔ∞░▓░░▓꜡᷈▒꜠꜠▓ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡▒ꜝﻤۥ▒ꜗݦ▒▓▒▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜▓ꜚ꜡ᵊ░▒∙░░░▒░▓░░
░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜▒ݦg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓ۥ∙῟ᵊ░g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙░ﱟ▓ۥ꜡ꜗ░٭꜡ꜘ᷂▒ﺀf̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝ꜝs̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝ﱞ῾░٬o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠▓c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ݦ░ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡▒꜠▓░▒░▒▓ꜗꜙ
ꜙ░▓▓ﻔ▒ꜘ▒ꜙꜞ░c̴͇̮͍̲͓͍͖̹̻͇̹̫̟̽̎̈̍̾́͢ﻔc͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀▒▓g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀░s̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝░᷂ݦ⁞ꜗ▒▓▓░ݦ░░░ꜙ▒ꜚ▒᷈░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜ﱞ░░░░░
░∙░꜡o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ݦ▓h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ﻤۥ٬g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀
f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝░▒ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘░o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠░ꜚ░ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘▒░░▓░
░c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠░f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔

My rating : ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
I'm not sure if this is canon, but I've heard that the concept behind this album is if humanity dies off, the next intelligent race finds a bunch of audio clips and tries to piece them back together, but does it incorrectly. A super interesting concept, even if it's not true.
True or not, this is awesome.

Last edited by noname219; 12-18-2013 at 05:32 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote